Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:09:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Mafia Wins!!!

Mafia:
Jon Milne - Jack of all Trades (1x framer, 1x rolecop, 1x roleblocker)
NotReallySmart - 2x Commuter

Town:
Hatstand - Doctor (hidden flavor of niave)
SeventhProfessor - Odd-day hunter
NightCats - Ascetic
bsh1 - Innocent Child (DP3)

TP:
srehtiw - Survivor

This game was funny, since everyone was pretty much vanilla.
The roles were generated randomly, but for a touch of balance and informative purposes, almost every role was useless. Mafia had a no-purpose commuter, the JOAT was largely useless, and the doctor was niave.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:12:58 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:11:51 PM, Hatstand wrote:
Mikal, was your visit last night from Jon?

Actions coming soon, but yes, they thought they could RB him. They were wrong.
LOL
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:15:51 PM
Town needs increased activity. The lack of activity meant that we were left resorting to using roles as sole scumtell (and clearly the mafia can manipulate that). Mafia are most likely to want to lurk: by doing so they avoid implicating themselves. The only way to combat this is activity. If the entire town is active and attentive, then the scum must be as well, otherwise they can immediately be singled out.

That brings me to my other point: attentiveness. I got the distinct impression during this game that some people were not actually reading everything. This is a must. If you don't read the game, you have virtually no chance of catching scum.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:24:21 PM
NP1:
Hat "protects" Mikal
JonMilne role cops Hat
NRS kills Nightcats

NP2:
Hat "protects" bsh1
NRS kills bsh1
JonMilne roleblocks Mikal

Funny that the only role that could help town actually did, with Hat's confirmation.
Unfortunately, there were a few mistakes that were made.

Mafia thinking they could RB a passive role (which I think they should, but that is not SOP).
However, the bigger mistake was Mikal thinking JOAT was town automatically.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:24:46 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:20:24 PM, Hatstand wrote:
A deserved scum win here. Well done.

We lost due to a lack of posts from townies though. We had jon pegged and the other guy just not wanting to claim and hit and missing posts.

just wish we could have been more active
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:26:00 PM

Jon popped into the PM to say "hey, there's a vote on Mikal let's kill him. Vote now now now", and NRS took about 20 minutes to respond, even though he posted something in the thread after this comment.

I thought Jon was going to get killed for sure because of this delay. LOL
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:26:03 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:24:21 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
NP1:
Hat "protects" Mikal
JonMilne role cops Hat
NRS kills Nightcats

NP2:
Hat "protects" bsh1
NRS kills bsh1

Funny that the only role that could help town actually did, with Hat's confirmation.

Mafia thinking they could RB a passive role (which I think they should, but that is not SOP).

that is why I was asking. Was not sure how it worked, and it was listed under town. Zaradi almost confirmed it as well on accident. Which led me to believe it was town.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:26:11 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:24:46 PM, Mikal wrote:

We lost due to a lack of posts from townies though. We had jon pegged and the other guy just not wanting to claim and hit and missing posts.

Precisely why the scum deserved to win. They played well. The town didn't. Two players does not a town make.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:28:19 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:26:03 PM, Mikal wrote:
NP1:
Hat "protects" Mikal
JonMilne role cops Hat
NRS kills Nightcats

NP2:
Hat "protects" bsh1
NRS kills bsh1

that is why I was asking. Was not sure how it worked, and it was listed under town. Zaradi almost confirmed it as well on accident. Which led me to believe it was town.

It's also listed under mafia, near the middle.
http://www.debate.org...

It was an unfortunate mistake, but it is not the mod's to interfere.
Just like I couldn't tell mafia that their plan wasn't going to work with roleblocking you.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:28:59 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:26:11 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 11/24/2013 2:24:46 PM, Mikal wrote:

Precisely why the scum deserved to win. They played well. The town didn't. Two players does not a town make.

true
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:30:04 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:28:19 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/24/2013 2:26:03 PM, Mikal wrote:
NP1:
Hat "protects" Mikal
JonMilne role cops Hat
NRS kills Nightcats

NP2:
Hat "protects" bsh1
NRS kills bsh1

It's also listed under mafia, near the middle.
http://www.debate.org...

It was an unfortunate mistake, but it is not the mod's to interfere.
Just like I couldn't tell mafia that their plan wasn't going to work with roleblocking you.

Noted. It was a fatal error from me, i should have inqured to zaradi more as well. Just when I menionted to him about the plan of making a claim, it made me assume that was town automatically. I goofed there. Just wish we could have been more active.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:32:37 PM
Anyone want to suggest a theme for the last game of the series?
Do people want to allow other noobs who have expressed interest into this next game, which should be the most fun?
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:34:52 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:32:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Do people want to allow other noobs who have expressed interest into this next game, which should be the most fun?

do a lotr one
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:36:37 PM

I am also gone for the next 8 hours or so in a bit. If i am not available or sign up and you actually have to sign up psychically. Please sign me up by yourself if possible. I really want to do another.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:37:53 PM
I should warn everyone now: I may not be able to be quite as active as I usually am in the next game (not inactive, just not quite as active as normal). I have real life commitments that are going to be demanding a lot of my time.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:40:19 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:37:53 PM, Hatstand wrote:
I should warn everyone now: I may not be able to be quite as active as I usually am in the next game (not inactive, just not quite as active as normal). I have real life commitments that are going to be demanding a lot of my time.

Are these commitments long term?
Or just for a few days?

We have a big holiday in USA (thanksgiving), and I was thinking starting soon or this weekend. Any thoughts?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:41:20 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:34:52 PM, Mikal wrote:

do a lotr one

I think it should be more basic.
I was thinking classic video games (NES).
Does that suit people?
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:52:08 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:40:19 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Or just for a few days?

Im an athlete. I have national championships this weekend. It'll last 4 days, and I think you can see why I'll be putting it as my priority. I'll still be able to post during my rest periods (at least a few hours a couple of times per day). If you think that kind of activity isn't enough to warrant a slot, then feel free to give it to someone else. I'd like to keep it, but I understand if you want someone else to have it.

We have a big holiday in USA (thanksgiving), and I was thinking starting soon or this weekend. Any thoughts?

I'll be free again on what is Sunday for you, so personally it would be a great connivence to me if it didn't start until the weekend, but I can work around it. Alternately, I still have 3 free days on my hands, so an immediate start could also give me a chance to be active.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:53:38 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:41:20 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/24/2013 2:34:52 PM, Mikal wrote:

do a lotr one

I think it should be more basic.
I was thinking classic video games (NES).
Does that suit people?

I would have no idea what I was doing, but that would be nothing new. (So far I've only played two games where I've had background knowledge. The research is part of the fun).
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 2:57:48 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:52:08 PM, Hatstand wrote:

Or just for a few days?

Im an athlete. I have national championships this weekend. It'll last 4 days, and I think you can see why I'll be putting it as my priority. I'll still be able to post during my rest periods (at least a few hours a couple of times per day). If you think that kind of activity isn't enough to warrant a slot, then feel free to give it to someone else. I'd like to keep it, but I understand if you want someone else to have it.

I'll be free again on what is Sunday for you, so personally it would be a great connivence to me if it didn't start until the weekend, but I can work around it. Alternately, I still have 3 free days on my hands, so an immediate start could also give me a chance to be active.

No, I want you to play.
You are patient and informative and a good player.
You are what the beginner series need. Even if you are not as active, you would be better than most for this purpose, IMO.

I won't do video games; however, you've given me an idea for the next game.
Do you think I should let new noobs play, or just keep the eight we have?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 3:00:09 PM

This next game is actually mod created, not just random roles with an open set-up like the last two. I need to construct it.

I'll probably start it tomorrow, or Tuesday (for us), and just have the first DP be long, on account of our holiday.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 3:00:30 PM
At 11/24/2013 2:57:48 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Or just for a few days?

No, I want you to play.
You are what the beginner series need. Even if you are not as active, you would be better than most for this purpose, IMO.

Whoever you get just make sure they are active plox.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 3:00:32 PM

Do you mean in terms of replacements, or in terms of expanding the game?
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 3:01:20 PM
At 11/24/2013 3:00:30 PM, Mikal wrote:

Or just for a few days?

No, I want you to play.

also sign me up however you do it
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 3:01:20 PM
At 11/24/2013 3:00:30 PM, Mikal wrote:

Or just for a few days?

No, I want you to play.

also sign me up however you do it
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 3:03:55 PM
By the way, when did commuter become a scum role for this game? I assumed that the possible roles would remain constant from 17.1 (with the addition of TP roles).
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2013 3:04:02 PM
At 11/24/2013 3:00:32 PM, Hatstand wrote:

Do you mean in terms of replacements, or in terms of expanding the game?

Expanding the game.
However, we have no idea how active they will be, and I have already replaced three noobs this series, and inactivity is so so so so annoying.