Jump to topic:

Battle for Ja'-Runet RPG

OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 5:40:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Ah, the mighty land of Ja'-Runet! Whoever becomes its monarch is sure to have vast power and prestige. That is why, upon the eve of King Clovis' untimely demise, members of all four classes in Ja'-Runet are engaged in an all-out bloodbath to see who will be the great nation's next leader.

---

This is a game-type that I don't believe has been tried before on these forums. It is primarily combat-driven, with very little storyline. In fact, the GM will be the only person moving the story along. The players will have two focuses: 1) Killing, and 2) staying alive. Here is how it works:

Classes
There are four social classes in Ja'-Runet. One will be randomly assigned to you by the GM.

1) Paladin
2) Ranger
3) Mage
4) Berserker

Your class determines what your Special Ability will be, what weapons you are good at using and how Hidden Mechanics will affect you (more on all of those later).

Attack/Defense Rating
These determine how likely an attack is to succeed.

Weapons
There are four weapons (one for each class). Each character begins the game with a random weapon (determined by a number generated at http://random.org.... Each character"s attack ratings are modified based on the kind of weapon he/she is using. Every character is extremely skilled (+3 attack bonus), slightly skilled (+1), slightly incompetent (-1), and extremely incompetent (-3) with one weapon.

Sword - Paladins +3, Berserkers +1, Rangers -1, Mages -3
Bow - Rangers +3, Mages +1, Paladins -1, Berserkers -3
Staff - Mages +3, Rangers +1, Berserkers -1, Paladins -3
Battleaxe - Berserkers +3, Paladins +1, Mages -1, Rangers -3

Terrain regions
The map is separated into four regions: Grassland, Forest, Water and Lava. Each class is strong in one (+3), weak in one (-3) and neutral in two.

Grassland - Paladin +3, Mage -3
Forest - Ranger +3, Berserker -3
Water - Mage +3, Paladin -3
Lava - Berserker +3, Ranger -3

Night

Night lasts two days. Combat takes place at night.

Combat
PM me and tell me who your target is. If your target is not in the same terrain as you your attack is automatically unsuccessful.

When you attack someone, your target's toughness is subtracted from your attack. The remainder (multiplied by ten) is your odds of killing your target. If the random number generator generates a number within the range you need to kill your target, your attack is successful. There are no counterattacks.

Ex: P1 is using a sword and attacks P2, who has a defense of 15. That means he has a 20% (17-15) chance of hitting her. If the number generator produces a number from 80-100, it succeeds. It produces a 75, so nothing happens.

Alliances may choose to attack a single player as a group. If this happens, the attack of the alliance members in the same terrain as the target is added together against the target's toughness. Alliances may target only one player per turn.

If a player attacks a player they are in an alliance with, their target's toughness is lowered by 2 during the duration of the attack.

Critical hits/misses
It is possible that a character mathematically can not kill another character. That is where critical hits and misses come in. Every attack, you have a 3% chance of getting a critical hit (97-100), and a 3% chance of a critical miss (1-3). If you are in terrain you are strong in, your chances of a critical hit go up to 10% and you can not make a critical miss. If you are in terrain you are weak in, your odds of a critical miss go up to 10% and your odds of a critical hit go to 1%. If you score a critical miss, your target may counter-attack.

Day Actions

Day lasts three days. The GM will post the attacks/casualties of the night before.

Alliances - You may PM other players and ask them to form alliances with you. If they are accepted then you must PM me and post the alliance in the RP thread.

P1 posts: P1 formed an alliance with P2.
P2 posts: P2 confirms alliance with P1.

Trading - You may trade weapons via PM. You may advertise the item you are trying to trade in the thread. Once the deal is complete you must PM me about it and post the trade in the thread.

P1 posts: Traded Bow for P2's Battleaxe.
P2 posts: Confirming trade of Battleaxe for P2's Bow.

Moving - PM me and tell me which terrain you wish to move to.

So, is anybody interested? Have questions? Just post below.
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 6:06:08 PM
I feel I am trying to be ripped off. Please, I had an original idea and it is going well. Do not try and copy me and pawn the ida off as your own.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 12:58:33 AM
Any similarity between my game and yours is entirely coincidental. To prove it, here is a link to a thread I made for this game on another site over a year ago: http://www.animeforum.com...
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 6:16:32 PM
Bumping.

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 10:52:48 PM
no thanks tdk's is enough for me
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.