Jump to topic:

DDO Characters Mafia- DP1

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 4:04:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It was another day on DDO in early 2012 when DDO was launched into a great Civil War. This war engulfed just about all users. It turned User against User. Some stated that the War was overrated, but on January 18th, 2012, the Civil War took a turn for the worst when one of the warring factions knocked out Juggle and left the DDO society to attempt to fix the problem.

Rules
Bold votes and Mod questions
No PMs outside the game with other players except those brought forth via the mod, if this rule is violated it will result in a Mod Kill.
Try to have fun.

Living Players
1.Ore_Ele
2. NightOfTheLivingCats
3. TNO5
4. Raisor
5. JonMilne
6. Yraelz
7. TA
8. Lucky
9. NotReallySmart
10. KhaosMage
11. Sparkies
12. Bsh1
13. Airmaxx1227

With 13 living players it takes 7 to lynch.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 4:12:44 PM
At 12/4/2013 4:04:11 PM, lannan13 wrote:
It was another day on DDO in late 2012 when DDO was launched into a great Civil War. This war engulfed just about all users. It turned User against User. Some stated that the War was overrated, but on December 18th, 2012, the Civil War took a turn for the worst when one of the warring factions knocked out Juggle and left the DDO society to attempt to fix the problem.

Rules
Bold votes and Mod questions
No PMs outside the game with other players except those brought forth via the mod, if this rule is violated it will result in a Mod Kill.
Try to have fun.

Living Players
1.Ore_Ele
2. NightOfTheLivingCats
3. TNO5
4. Raisor
5. JonMilne
6. Yraelz
7. TA
8. Lucky
9. NotReallySmart
10. KhaosMage
11. Sparkies
12. Bsh1
13. Airmaxx1227

With 13 living players it takes 7 to lynch.

Correction made.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 4:41:13 PM
Vote Count
NOTLC (1/7)-Yraelz

TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 4:53:14 PM
At 12/4/2013 4:39:25 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Ore_Ele, Khaos, and Airmax are my town block. Let's take out (VTL) NOTC.

Got a reason for this? Nobody's even posted yet.

VTL Yraelz for role claim
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 4:57:36 PM
Vote Count
NOTLC (1/7)-Yraelz
Yraelz (1/7) TNO5

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 7:04:23 PM

Do you have any reasoning that you care to share for any of this?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 7:11:42 PM
At 12/4/2013 7:04:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Agreed. Explanation please.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 8:02:46 PM
At 12/4/2013 7:11:42 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/4/2013 7:04:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Agreed. Explanation please.

Idk about the town block thing but I think he's just fishing with NOTC. I don't see how it could be anything but random pressure to get things rolling.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 8:03:20 PM
My role has a day time and night time version - not precisely opposites, but close enough. My role justifies the night time version, however I have the day time version.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 8:07:56 PM
At 12/4/2013 8:03:20 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
My role has a day time and night time version - not precisely opposites, but close enough. My role justifies the night time version, however I have the day time version.

Did you used to be Mestari? I remember you were a member I thought well of and then changed user names but I can't remember who...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 8:09:18 PM
At 12/4/2013 8:03:20 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

It maybe that I am just a newbie and don't get the soft claim, but could you rephrase this. Its wording isn't very clear. Thanks!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 8:46:15 PM
@Raisor, Yes

@OtherPerson, Lannan justified the night-time version of my role in my role PM. Then he said I was the day-time version of the role.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 8:47:46 PM
At 12/4/2013 8:46:15 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
@Raisor, Yes

@OtherPerson, Lannan justified the night-time version of my role in my role PM. Then he said I was the day-time version of the role.

Thanks.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 9:08:11 PM
I'll be back on tomorrow afternoon.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 9:10:30 PM
The mafia already know this, and I suppose a good deal of townies do as well, so I'm just going to say it: The mafia are the DDO Elite. I'm getting this out there simply because, as most of you know, I have never been involved in DDO politics or whatever you'd call the DDO Elite episode. I need somebody who is familiar with the whole story to write up a list of members who were actively involved in the DDO Elite and would be mafia in this game. Why now instead of after the mafia claims? Because if the mafia is smart and kills off all of the townies who actually know anything about the DDO Elite then they can make up whatever story they want later and it would be nigh-impossible for the town to decipher which claims are town and which are mafia, EVEN-IF the mafia don't fake claim.

In fact, it might be beneficial for everyone to list who they think would be a town or mafia character, in an attempt to create a semi-open setup that would forcibly limit mafia claims, build some early-game discourse over people who may not be brightline cases, and again save us from catastrophe later in the game.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 9:32:30 PM
At 12/4/2013 9:10:30 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
The mafia already know this, and I suppose a good deal of townies do as well, so I'm just going to say it: The mafia are the DDO Elite. I'm getting this out there simply because, as most of you know, I have never been involved in DDO politics or whatever you'd call the DDO Elite episode. I need somebody who is familiar with the whole story to write up a list of members who were actively involved in the DDO Elite and would be mafia in this game. Why now instead of after the mafia claims? Because if the mafia is smart and kills off all of the townies who actually know anything about the DDO Elite then they can make up whatever story they want later and it would be nigh-impossible for the town to decipher which claims are town and which are mafia, EVEN-IF the mafia don't fake claim.

In fact, it might be beneficial for everyone to list who they think would be a town or mafia character, in an attempt to create a semi-open setup that would forcibly limit mafia claims, build some early-game discourse over people who may not be brightline cases, and again save us from catastrophe later in the game.

I've been around longer than probably anyone in this game, but I thought the DDO elite was just an in-joke at the height of vote bombing and flame wars? Was there an actual "episode" surrounding it?

At any rate- imabench, koopin, kohai?, chicken, Thaddeus, 000ike, WSA, HEINEKEN liked to make DDO elite jokes.

Seems like a decent chance that innomen and airmax could be mafia if the theme is DDO elite. Even though they weren't in the thick of it, a lot of DDO elite jokes had to do with abuse of presidential power.

sadolite, 16kadams, geo, c-politico all come to mind as anti-DDO eliters

Also, do you KNOW the mafia is the DDO elite or is this just a hunch? It seems like a pretty good hunch, but just want to clarify.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 9:34:13 PM
At 12/4/2013 9:32:30 PM, Raisor wrote:

I've been around longer than probably anyone in this game, but I thought the DDO elite was just an in-joke at the height of vote bombing and flame wars? Was there an actual "episode" surrounding it?

At any rate- imabench, koopin, kohai?, chicken, Thaddeus, 000ike, WSA, HEINEKEN liked to make DDO elite jokes.

Seems like a decent chance that innomen and airmax could be mafia if the theme is DDO elite. Even though they weren't in the thick of it, a lot of DDO elite jokes had to do with abuse of presidential power.

Also, do you KNOW the mafia is the DDO elite or is this just a hunch? It seems like a pretty good hunch, but just want to clarify.

Well my character is valuable to the town because of his acts against the DDO Elite, so there's that. On a side note, I thought my character was a member of the DDO Elite, but what do I know.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 9:40:08 PM
At 12/4/2013 9:34:13 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

Well my character is valuable to the town because of his acts against the DDO Elite, so there's that. On a side note, I thought my character was a member of the DDO Elite, but what do I know.

I don't think anyone was ever a member of the DDO elite.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 10:09:33 PM

If I didn't know you any better I'd think more into this than I am going to... Random assessment style to start out the game and a pressure for the sake of one... nothing to see here.

I'll just add that based on the play style I've seen from NOTC (which is very limited lately), I think early pressure of him isn't a bad idea.. so this isn't entirely unjustified or random, though considering Ore, Khaos, and I town naturally is.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 10:12:53 PM
At 12/4/2013 8:05:54 PM, Raisor wrote:
Also as a heads up: I work a 9-5 so I will only really be active after 6 or so (Central time).

This will be the case with me as well... I wont ever be active until at least after 630 during the week... and other things could come up that may make me inactive, but I'm hope to be as active as I can during this game.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 10:39:55 PM

I've dabbled a little in DDO politics, and I probably know more about the "DDO Elite" concept and it's origins better than anyone. One thing to keep in mind is that this is entirely about Lannans perception of the "DDO Elite" and what he means by it isn't exactly clear. Because of that, it's not going to be obvious initially who members of the "DDO elite" are.

This is what's is going to be difficult, because right now we don't know what (or more importantly whom) Lannan considers to be the "DDO Elite".

I think it might be prudent to give a quick DDO history lesson.

The "DDO elite" is a term coined by Jimtimmy. Jimtimmy used this terminology essentially as DDO class warfare in the context of his political aspirations (Running for DDO President against Innomen and beyond). It was generally used against Innomen, but it could be referring to anyone viewed as part of the "DDO establishment". This isn't necessarily only members involved in site politics, but prominent and active members of the site. Ultimately, a list of members who Jimtimmy viewed as "the DDO elite" doesn't exist and can only be speculated upon (He didn't like Imabench, Ike, Tulle (who was nonentity at the time) etc though, and certainly considered them part of the "establishment" he was fighting against.)

Even after Jimtimmy had faded away into general obscurity, the term has lived on as a site meme.

While I don't think anyone is referring to anyone is particular when they say "the DDO Elite" it naturally has to do with an establishment, and whoever that is, though the lack of specifics is part of why the meme is pervasive as it often essentially mocks the concept.

To have any idea of what Lannan has in mind, we will need to get at least a couple character claims this DP.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 10:46:15 PM

It was an in-joke poking fun at Jimtimmy, this is the only aspect of it I'd consider an "episode" since it's become a regular site meme.

These are as good of guesses as any who could be considered "the DDO Elite" at this point.

This would be my initial thought, though Innomen was in the thick of it as the concept was coined in his direction.

I think it's likely that Lannan would be considering the term long after it was coined though.

This could make sense, but not within the genesis of the term. Since Jimtimmy coined it and had 16kadams as his VP, it wouldn't make sense that he was considering 16k to be a part of "the DDO Elite".

However I think this is thinking too much into it.

Debate.org Moderator
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 10:46:25 PM

Day mason FTW!!

Anyway, I think the teams will be those who are of value to the site, and those who are not (trolls and the like). Also, I think Imabench is TP.
My work here is, finally, done.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 10:48:54 PM

I think knowing who your character is would go a long way to figuring out what Lannan has in mind, though I'm not prepared to pressure you for a claim yet.

But given this information, it should allow for some sense of what could possibly be being referred to.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 10:50:56 PM
At 12/4/2013 9:40:08 PM, Raisor wrote:

I don't think anyone was ever a member of the DDO elite.

I think we can agree to this.

I think we should keep in mind that whatever "The DDO Elite" is, it's a matter of perspective, often tongue in cheek, and not an actual thing. (INB4: that's just something a member of the DDO Elite would say.)
Debate.org Moderator