Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:04:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Mafia:
Mikal:

You are Football (American). America has an almost pervasive obsession with football, up to including turning a blind eye to their players" actions. Thus, you are the GODFATHER. You will appear innocent upon any investigation. Also, as GODFATHER, you have the final say in who is targeted for and who commits the night kill.
Since society turns a blind eye from despicable acts, you also have 1x NINJA. In any night where you commit the night kill, your movements will be unnoticed by others (i.e. no one will know you visited anyone).
You win with the mafia.

NotReallySmart:
You are Baseball. Apparently, steroid use is prevalent in this hallowed, yet boring, sport. Thus, you are the STRONGMAN. If you attempt the night kill, your kill will override any protection. You win with the mafia.

Town:
bsh1:

You are Ice Hockey " So cold it"s freezing. It"s too cold out for non-hockey people, so they won"t be bothering you. You are the ASCETIC. You cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions. You win with the town.

JonMilne:
You are Tennis " From up on high you watch the game intensely from your chair as a line judge. Exercise the same diligence as a WATCHER. Every night, you may choose one player to see who visits them. You win with the town.

SeventhProfessor:
You are Basketball " Back and forth, up and down the court you go. Back and forth, up and down. The players are so restless, and so are you. You are the RESTLESS SPIRIT. If you die, you may still participate in the day phase thread to aid the town; however, you will have no vote at that time. You win with the town.

Hatstand:
You are Football (Soccer) " You are the most popular sport in the world. Millions watch you. Thus, you are the POPULAR TOWNIE. It takes an extra vote to get you lynched. This extra vote requirement is not displayed in the vote count. You win with the town.

NightCats:
You are Boxing. With a medical team literally a stone"s throw away, you are never lacking medical aid. Thus, you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may select on player, including yourself, to be protected from death that night. You win with the town.

Mod note: Hidden flavor of Bulletproof

srehtiw:
You are Golf. As the most expensive sport in the world, you have plenty of money to spend, for example, on private investigators. As such, you are the COP. Each night you may investigate one player to determine if they win with the town (innocent) or not (guilty).
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:05:36 PM
May I just say, good job, Mikal. It was a bit heavy handed, and I don't think you could have pulled off that gambit in a real game, but it worked here and it had the town eating out of your hand.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:07:01 PM
JonMilne, I am not sure why you didn't watch the claimed cop, but you confused yourself royally with your results.

NP1: you saw no one visited Hatstand.
NP2: your action failed.

These are not the same results, and you should have stated as such. The second could have been roleblock, but the more likely scenario was bsh1 was ascetic as he claimed (a reflexive roleblock).

You could have prevented his lynch today by realizing this.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:07:33 PM
At 12/7/2013 2:05:36 PM, Hatstand wrote:
May I just say, good job, Mikal. It was a bit heavy handed, and I don't think you could have pulled off that gambit in a real game, but it worked here and it had the town eating out of your hand.

It did help that the cop investigated him NP1, though.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:08:16 PM
I already told Hat last night, but does anyone care to guess the theme?
There didn't seem to be any discussion about it, except from Hat DP1.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:08:58 PM
At 12/7/2013 2:07:33 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

you going to give a full break down
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:09:52 PM

Its why i burned ninja on you. I knew they had watcher rolls, and had to have you out. You would have pegged me sooner or later. I just had to get jon mad and hope he jumped and it worked.

great reads earlier though, you had everyone pegged for the most part.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:10:23 PM
At 12/7/2013 2:08:58 PM, Mikal wrote:

working on it (I have to go through three computers to get the info, though)
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:10:42 PM
At 12/7/2013 2:08:16 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

American sports vs. Global sports?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:10:43 PM
At 12/7/2013 2:10:23 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/7/2013 2:08:58 PM, Mikal wrote:

working on it (I have to go through three computers to get the info, though)

gotcha :)
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:13:32 PM
At 12/7/2013 2:10:42 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

That is a good guess, as it was how it turned out, but not quite. (Golf was invented in Scotland after all)
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:14:46 PM
At 12/7/2013 2:13:32 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/7/2013 2:10:42 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

That is a good guess, as it was how it turned out, but not quite. (Golf was invented in Scotland after all)

Popular vs non?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:19:04 PM
NP1:
Mikal killed Hatstand vis ninja
JonMilne watched Hat
srehtiw copped Mikal

NP2:
NRS killed srehtiw
srehtiw copped NRS
JonMilne watched bsh1 (which confirmed him, so I don't know why he voted for him)

Some notes:
Town almost always tell the truth about their roles/characters. This is valuable information to mafia, and should not be disregarded.

At MYLO, every town (or a bussing scum) must agree on a lynch for it to go through.
At LYLO, one wrong vote by town ends the game if mafia are on. NRS learned this DP2...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:23:40 PM
The theme was Olympic Sports vs. Non-Olympic Sports (which by default are largely American).

To those criticizing my role justifications, it is harder than it seems. The roles need to be balanced and the theme needs to be adhered to. Anyone could have been strong man or watcher, but who should have been doc or cop?

BTW, beloved princess would have been the best fake claim for baseball (as the American past time).
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:33:28 PM
No offense, but I think town played very poorly in this game, and with mafia's luck, it was largely their game to lose.

Nightcats' odd behavior was detrimental to the town, and would have either saved Hat or caught NRS (depending on who killed without the doc's death).

Further, as explained above, JonMilne completely misunderstood his results, and voted for the person he actually confirmed.

Seventh was largely inactive, which didn't help. (Can you imagine what would have happened if Hatstand had his role LOL)

However, the biggest error, was almost lynching Jon at MYLO, especially when his defense was so good (of course it is WIFOM). Why would scum make useless results when a mislynch wins the game?

Another blunder was not considering the possibility of Football vs. Football. Especially, Mikal's awkward outing of his role, as well as his C/P of the role (do not do that again, if you are unsure, ask the mod if paraphrase is good enough). If you look at what he said, why would "pervasive obsession" be a good thing for town, especially after the idea of godfather was floated.

However, all in all, I think the series went well. You all played and learned, and I believe you are ready to play with the big boys, as you seem to have the basics down. My only advice is to be more critical and more active.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:37:12 PM
Note to Mikal:

It helps to be active scum - people are less likely to be suspicious of you - but your activity was what tripped you up here. I knew you were scum from the start of DP2 because of the way that you used my last post to push a lynch on Jon, and yet conveniently ignored my advice to stop trying to lynch 7th. If you try to play active town with full scum motivation, chances are you will be caught. Sometimes you have to sit back and play for the town for a while, for the payoff of being townread for it in the end. You could have done that. You only needed one mislynch, after all.

Notes to the town:

Be careful at LYLO

Read back. If someone is referencing a post, make sure they're referencing it right.

Be active.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 2:44:29 PM
At 12/7/2013 2:37:12 PM, Hatstand wrote:
Note to Mikal:

It helps to be active scum - people are less likely to be suspicious of you - but your activity was what tripped you up here. I knew you were scum from the start of DP2 because of the way that you used my last post to push a lynch on Jon, and yet conveniently ignored my advice to stop trying to lynch 7th. If you try to play active town with full scum motivation, chances are you will be caught. Sometimes you have to sit back and play for the town for a while, for the payoff of being townread for it in the end. You could have done that. You only needed one mislynch, after all.

Notes to the town:

Be careful at LYLO

Read back. If someone is referencing a post, make sure they're referencing it right.

Be active.

I agree entirely but like 5/7 town thought I was town. I had nothing to lose at that point. BSH was entirely convinced, NRS was with me and I even had jon thinking I was town toward the end. I was not getting lynched after you went down.

I would not have tried that ploy with more experienced players, the level on inactivity made it easy enough to carry out though.

The biggest downfalls was jons vote in mylo, I could have got outted in the last dp but he rushed for it.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 3:28:54 PM

BTW, I hope the real justification for bsh1's role was more pleasing to you ;)
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 3:45:59 PM
At 12/7/2013 3:28:54 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

BTW, I hope the real justification for bsh1's role was more pleasing to you ;)
Also, I was thinking in terms of pond hockey, not in an arena.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 4:15:03 PM
At 12/7/2013 4:11:34 PM, srehtiw wrote:
Hmm I think I went wrong when I revealed my and when I investigated the godfather didn't I?

Investigating the Godfather could happen to anyone. It happened to me in the Matrix, NP1. I only realised something was wrong when I had investigated every living player and all of them came up innocent.
NotReallySmart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 4:29:27 PM
Amazing game, and another win for me, that makes me winner of the whole beginner series! I just don't know how to play town, and now with my meta out, it will be easy to catch me. I need to play with my same meta when I am town, that way I will hopefully become unreadable. Although the town was very counter-productive, and we had A LOT of luck, it was fun, and I hope to play soon. Thanks for an amazing beginner series Khaos!
There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge; that is Curiosity.

There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others; that is Vanity.

There are those who seek knowledge in order to serve; that is Love."

- Bernard of Clairvaux
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 4:35:51 PM
At 12/7/2013 4:15:03 PM, Hatstand wrote:
Hmm I think I went wrong when I revealed my and when I investigated the godfather didn't I?

Investigating the Godfather could happen to anyone. It happened to me in the Matrix, NP1. I only realised something was wrong when I had investigated every living player and all of them came up innocent.

yeah...only after I let myself get killed ;)
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 4:38:56 PM

It's hard to say.
DP2 you were at LYLO, so a mislynch would be make the town lose, and you "knew" he was innocent. So, outing your role and result was not a bad thing.
However, since you seemed immediately concerned about Godfather, you probably could have waited to see if 1) the lynch was going to happen, and 2) if there was ample reason to believe Mikal was Godfather.

Had you kept quiet, mafia may not have killed you, and you would have got NRS lynched.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 4:53:03 PM
At 12/7/2013 4:29:27 PM, NotReallySmart wrote:
Amazing game, and another win for me, that makes me winner of the whole beginner series! I just don't know how to play town, and now with my meta out, it will be easy to catch me. I need to play with my same meta when I am town, that way I will hopefully become unreadable. Although the town was very counter-productive, and we had A LOT of luck, it was fun, and I hope to play soon. Thanks for an amazing beginner series Khaos!

Figure out how to play as town, and then sculpt your scum play around that. That's what I do, anyway. You're going to be town more often, so it makes sense.
NotReallySmart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:36:39 AM
Thanks for your adivce, I guess I'll have a slow start playing as town then. I just have a hunch that I'll be playing more as mafia than town. I've played 4 times, and I've been mafia 3/4 times. Although logically, I'll be playing more as town than mafia.
There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge; that is Curiosity.

There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others; that is Vanity.

There are those who seek knowledge in order to serve; that is Love."

- Bernard of Clairvaux