Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 18.1 - Endgame

Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:09:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In a stunning victory, mafia's fake CC gambit worked!! (and to think, they never used the fake claim of HUNTER)

First Place
Mafia:

Hatstand:
You are the SUICIDE BOMBER - Once per game, you may target one player to die. You die in the process. You win with the mafia.

Sketchn:
You are the MIMIC. Once per game, you may select another player and copy their role. Starting the next night, you will use the new role. You win with the mafia.

SolonSK:
You are the SCOUT. Each night you may select one player and see who they visited. You win with the mafia.

Second Place
Town:

Yay:
You are MIMIC. Once per game, you may select another player and copy their ability. From that point on, you will use the copied ability. You win with the town.

Crypto:
You are the ORACLE. Each night, you may select a player. If you die, the role and affiliation of the last selected player will be publically revealed. You win with the town.

Zaradi:
You are the DREAMER. Each night you are not visited by another player, you will dream. Your dream will either show a person who wins with the town, or three people, of which, at least one does not win with the town. You win with the town.

Aloke:
You are VANILLA. You have no abilities. You win with the town.

PotbelliedGeek:
You are the BODYGUARD. Every night, you may select one person. If they are targeted by a lethal action, it will be redirected to you. You win with the town.

bsh1:
You are SUPER SAINT. If you are lynched, you will automatically kill the person who placed the final vote (i.e. hammerer). You win with the town.

Mikal:
You are Watcher. Each night, you may select one player to see who visits them. You win with the town.
My work here is, finally, done.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:10:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Good game :)

Now watch me be the NP1 death next game lol.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:13:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/15/2013 11:09:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
SolonSK:

SK... Is this some foreshadowing? :p
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Aloke
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:14:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Nicely done mafia. Hat's being scum is a surprise, I never suspected that the cc would be fake.

I wish town would of been afforded more than one mislynch, but this game wasn't made to be balanced, so it's whatever.

GG everybody.
Iflyhigh
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:14:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/15/2013 11:13:00 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 12/15/2013 11:09:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
SolonSK:

SK... Is this some foreshadowing? :p

That was actually the typo from your PM.
If it is foreshadowed, it is coincidental.
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:16:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/15/2013 11:14:37 PM, Aloke wrote:
Nicely done mafia. Hat's being scum is a surprise, I never suspected that the cc would be fake.

I wish town would of been afforded more than one mislynch, but this game wasn't made to be balanced, so it's whatever.

There should have been two, but having Sketch take Pots out with SuperSaint saved us one.

GG everybody.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:17:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/15/2013 11:14:37 PM, Aloke wrote:
Nicely done mafia. Hat's being scum is a surprise, I never suspected that the cc would be fake.

I wish town would of been afforded more than one mislynch, but this game wasn't made to be balanced, so it's whatever.

GG everybody.

I actually think the game was fairly balanced, but it is designed to be quick and random.

Town mimic could have copied Super Saint or Suicide Bomber, which could have come in handy.
Plus, had Zaradi not outted his Dreamer role, he could have narrowed down the field.

It was pretty funny he dreamt the entire scum team NP1, though.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:20:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/15/2013 11:16:29 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/15/2013 11:14:37 PM, Aloke wrote:
Nicely done mafia. Hat's being scum is a surprise, I never suspected that the cc would be fake.

I wish town would of been afforded more than one mislynch, but this game wasn't made to be balanced, so it's whatever.

There should have been two, but having Sketch take Pots out with SuperSaint saved us one.

No, had lynches occurred (DP1 was no lynch), two mislynches would be game over.

Also, with mafia only having one fake claim, there was a 33% chance they would be CC'd. And, had town not voted to no lynch DP1, Zaradi would have CC'd, but the DP ended before he could.

Incredibly inconvenient for him. LOL
My work here is, finally, done.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:24:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I still feel incredibly happy for having engineered the fake CC.

I do wonder, though, as to why you guys didn't lynch me today, and also as to why you ended the second DP so quickly, before Yay could respond. I felt I was exposed, and I couldn't logically counter many of your points.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Aloke
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:25:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/15/2013 11:20:40 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/15/2013 11:16:29 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/15/2013 11:14:37 PM, Aloke wrote:
Nicely done mafia. Hat's being scum is a surprise, I never suspected that the cc would be fake.

I wish town would of been afforded more than one mislynch, but this game wasn't made to be balanced, so it's whatever.

There should have been two, but having Sketch take Pots out with SuperSaint saved us one.

No, had lynches occurred (DP1 was no lynch), two mislynches would be game over.

Yeah, but it seems more people support no lynching on this site. Things like that should be factored in. Still, the game was extremely fun and you did a superb job modding it.

Also, with mafia only having one fake claim, there was a 33% chance they would be CC'd. And, had town not voted to no lynch DP1, Zaradi would have CC'd, but the DP ended before he could.

At least we got two confirmations out of it. Mafia's slip gave a huge advantage to town, so I guess there's that.
Iflyhigh
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:28:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
NP1: (the mistake that changed the plan)
sketchn mimicked and killed bsh1
Crypto oracled Zaradi
Zaradi dreamt the entire scum team
Yay mimicked Solon
Solon scouted Yay
PotbelliedGeek protected Yay
Mikal watched Hatstand

NP2: (everybody loves Zaradi)
Mikal watched him (which would not have interrupted his sleep, though I don't know if he knew that)
Yay scouted him
Solon scouted him
Crypto oracle him
... And solon killed Mikal
My work here is, finally, done.
Aloke
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:28:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/15/2013 11:24:40 PM, SolonKR wrote:
I still feel incredibly happy for having engineered the fake CC.

I do wonder, though, as to why you guys didn't lynch me today, and also as to why you ended the second DP so quickly, before Yay could respond. I felt I was exposed, and I couldn't logically counter many of your points.

I trusted Hats, a mistake on my part.
Iflyhigh
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:31:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Damn, Yay is the worst townie in existence.

You played Mafia excellent Hatstand, and I tip my top hat toward you for that.

I was wondering if you were Mafia but it just felt a bit too far-fetched, especially with more compelling evidence in front of us.

Once again Mafia wins by getting the Town to turn on each other.
Nolite Timere
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:33:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I kept telling yall that town was gonna lose but yall didnt listen to me
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
Aloke
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:33:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/15/2013 11:31:36 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Once again Mafia wins by getting the Town to turn on each other.

Well it's bound to happen.
Iflyhigh
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:35:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/15/2013 11:17:54 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/15/2013 11:14:37 PM, Aloke wrote:
Nicely done mafia. Hat's being scum is a surprise, I never suspected that the cc would be fake.

I wish town would of been afforded more than one mislynch, but this game wasn't made to be balanced, so it's whatever.

GG everybody.

I actually think the game was fairly balanced, but it is designed to be quick and random.

Town mimic could have copied Super Saint or Suicide Bomber, which could have come in handy.
Plus, had Zaradi not outted his Dreamer role, he could have narrowed down the field.

It was pretty funny he dreamt the entire scum team NP1, though.

well, i wouldnt have known who the Super Saint or the Suicide Bomber was
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:35:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Actually, this batch of players seems to be quite good.
It seems most of you have other experience, so you hit the ground running.

I'm a bit stressed from work, so I'll probably send out roles for round 2 tomorrow.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:36:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/15/2013 11:35:47 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 12/15/2013 11:17:54 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/15/2013 11:14:37 PM, Aloke wrote:
Nicely done mafia. Hat's being scum is a surprise, I never suspected that the cc would be fake.

I wish town would of been afforded more than one mislynch, but this game wasn't made to be balanced, so it's whatever.

GG everybody.

I actually think the game was fairly balanced, but it is designed to be quick and random.

Town mimic could have copied Super Saint or Suicide Bomber, which could have come in handy.
Plus, had Zaradi not outted his Dreamer role, he could have narrowed down the field.

It was pretty funny he dreamt the entire scum team NP1, though.

well, i wouldnt have known who the Super Saint or the Suicide Bomber was

Suicide bomber, no, but Hat did claim bomb, which would have been useful too.
Super Saint did out their role, so, you knew who they were.
My work here is, finally, done.
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:37:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/15/2013 11:24:40 PM, SolonKR wrote:
I still feel incredibly happy for having engineered the fake CC.

I do wonder, though, as to why you guys didn't lynch me today, and also as to why you ended the second DP so quickly, before Yay could respond. I felt I was exposed, and I couldn't logically counter many of your points.

man, so much would have changed if you didnt do DP2 quickly. You guys wouldve actually listened to me. What I didnt undestand was why Solon let me copy him
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 11:38:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/15/2013 11:36:53 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/15/2013 11:35:47 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 12/15/2013 11:17:54 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/15/2013 11:14:37 PM, Aloke wrote:
Nicely done mafia. Hat's being scum is a surprise, I never suspected that the cc would be fake.

I wish town would of been afforded more than one mislynch, but this game wasn't made to be balanced, so it's whatever.

GG everybody.

I actually think the game was fairly balanced, but it is designed to be quick and random.

Town mimic could have copied Super Saint or Suicide Bomber, which could have come in handy.
Plus, had Zaradi not outted his Dreamer role, he could have narrowed down the field.

It was pretty funny he dreamt the entire scum team NP1, though.

well, i wouldnt have known who the Super Saint or the Suicide Bomber was

Suicide bomber, no, but Hat did claim bomb, which would have been useful too.
Super Saint did out their role, so, you knew who they were.

well, GD peer pressure saying, "Hey, yay copy Solon." Imagine how this would have changed so much if I copied the right person because peeps be on to Solon anyway if I atually responded in DP2
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...