Jump to topic:

KOTOR II Mafia - DP2

Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 8:59:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
A grave sun rose above Dagobah, the disturbances in the force were rippling.

Died last DP:

Logical_Master you are Kreia or Darth Traya (take your pick) - Denounced by the Jedi and then again by the Sith, you have come to abhor the force. You only wish to betray those who have betrayed you, and through it destroy the force. Each night period you may choose to mentor another player. If you successfully mentor a force sensitive player a bond will open and you will be able to communicate with each other. The following message will be displayed in the joint PM:

"(Kreia or Darth Traya depending on who you select) has offered to teach you in the ways of the force. Together you posses the power to overcome (insert Jedi or Sith name here). If you both agree, you may forfeit your usual night actions in order to instant kill (a random Jedi or Sith)."

If the other player is foolish enough to agree, you will stab them in the back and destroy them. To win this game you must kill one Jedi and one Sith in this manner. If you target the exile, you will be destroyed. You win with yourself.

Died last NP:

Lucky_Luciano you are Atris. Nothing can dissuade you from your utter belief in the Jedi. You believe them infallible to any end. But deep inside you feel their treatment of Meetra Surik, your most esteemed colleague, was... not quite right. Maybe she was wrong, you"re just not sure anymore, your grasp on right and wrong is slipping...

For now Atris, you win with the town. But for each turn you will slip further and further into darkness. Unless you can find a way to stop this madness.

Atris, each night you must do this:

a. Use your army of Echani Handmaidens to role block and protect one character.

Failure to do so will result in your instant death.

Living Players:
1. FourTrouble
2. BuddaMoose
3. Glozone
4. F16
5. Hatstand
6. Khaos
7. Logic_On_Railz
8. Ore_Ele
9. AnDoctuir
10. Airmax

With ten players alive it takes 6 to lynch. This DP will also last 6 days, considering the holiday.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 9:09:30 PM
Also, sorry for the excessively long NP. I used it to finish up my graduate school apps. I have much more time now.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 10:48:43 PM
At 12/23/2013 10:05:33 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Ore is guilty.

Are you guys really that close to winning that you could try to pull this already?

VTL Fourtrouble
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 10:52:06 PM
At 12/23/2013 10:48:43 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 12/23/2013 10:05:33 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Ore is guilty.

Are you guys really that close to winning that you could try to pull this already?

VTL Fourtrouble

Though it is possible this is just a result of framing, I don't think I did anything that would make a framer target me. Most likely, you're trying to either secure the win or get yourself close enough to the win to make it worth the risk.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 12:32:49 AM
I dont see a problem following the cop, but first i'd like a full claim from Ore_Ele before placing my vote.

Oh and Fourtrouble, could you explain the investigation upon Ore_Ele. I dont quite recall if you mentioned him as a scum candidate in regards to your reads, but even if you did, a justification of sorts would be appreciated.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 12:35:25 AM
Just a matter of curiosity also, i assume you are a cop based off the guilty result, but are you a full time cop, or just an x-shot?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 12:36:56 AM
Here are my thoughts so far this DP:

1. Budda is confirmed as town.
2. FT and Ore need to full claim.
3. Hat needs to explain her vote last DP.
My work here is, finally, done.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 12:40:59 AM
At 12/24/2013 12:32:49 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
I dont see a problem following the cop, but first i'd like a full claim from Ore_Ele before placing my vote.

Oh and Fourtrouble, could you explain the investigation upon Ore_Ele. I dont quite recall if you mentioned him as a scum candidate in regards to your reads, but even if you did, a justification of sorts would be appreciated.

I'm glad you were asking that. I've been digging through the last DP, and starting from the end, I haven't seen any reads from FT and I'm back to page 18.

As for my role,

Ore_Ele you are Vissas Mar. A once great apprentice under Darth Nihilius, you were recently defeated by Meetra Surik. Her abilities impressed upon your mind the need to defy the sith once again. Your new apprenticeship is relatively useless due to it"s limited longevity. Each night you may exercise your force powers to watch a single player and see who visits them.

You win with the town.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 12:41:17 AM
At 12/24/2013 12:36:56 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Why do you believe that Budda is confirmed?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 12:44:34 AM
At 12/24/2013 12:41:17 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Didn't he claim exile?
I suppose exile could be another TP, but I assumed he would be town if TP was to avoid him.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 12:46:29 AM
There's only 2 reasons I can think of FT doing what he is doing if he is scum.

1) For some reason, the Mafia started with 4, which would allow a mislynch and NK for them to give them the win (it would seem that we don't have a vig, at least not in the standard sense).

2) He ended up as mafia and is pissed and he throwing himself under the bus to get a kill and get out of the game.

Apart from those, the only things I can think of would be roles that mess with his results. But I don't understand why he wouldn't start with his cop against Badger, or whoever the new guy is, people that he would have a harder time reading (as he has a harder time with their style).
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 12:48:51 AM
At 12/24/2013 12:44:34 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Didn't he claim exile?
I suppose exile could be another TP, but I assumed he would be town if TP was to avoid him.

That's his claim, but that doesn't make a confirmation. Given that LM was given his fake role, it is probably safe to presume that all 3rd party and likely mafia were given fake roles. So asking for role claims would be pointless.

Unless you performed night actions that could be confirmed, which is related to why I ask why we should think Budda is confirmed.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 12:51:55 AM
At 12/24/2013 12:48:51 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Didn't he claim exile?

That's his claim, but that doesn't make a confirmation. Given that LM was given his fake role, it is probably safe to presume that all 3rd party and likely mafia were given fake roles. So asking for role claims would be pointless.

Where did it say that?

Unless you performed night actions that could be confirmed, which is related to why I ask why we should think Budda is confirmed.
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 12:54:29 AM

I was suspicious of LM from a lot earlier in the DP. I felt that the DP had reached the stage where we weren't going to achieve much more by stalling.

I'll find posts to back this up later, if you like, but it's x-mas eve and I don't have time for anything more than light posting right now.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 12:54:31 AM

Didn't he claim exile?

I suppose.
But, the way he outted his character seemed genuine to me. ("hey, is anyone a generic character?" or whatever he said) It was suspicious to do this, and I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt, at least for now.

I got nothing.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 12:55:44 AM
Actually, Ore, how do you know that TP have fake claims?
I don't recall him saying that he was given any.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 1:08:18 AM
At 12/24/2013 12:46:29 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Apart from those, the only things I can think of would be roles that mess with his results. But I don't understand why he wouldn't start with his cop against Badger, or whoever the new guy is, people that he would have a harder time reading (as he has a harder time with their style).

Why would you assume I'd have a harder time reading them?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 1:22:20 AM
At 12/24/2013 1:08:18 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 12/24/2013 12:46:29 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Why would you assume I'd have a harder time reading them?

Because you said you did last DP.

"Glozone and AnDoc are harder to read..." (post 324), this was also right after you said multiple times that you had a town read on me. So again, why would you use your power on a town read, rather than those you have a harder time reading?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 1:26:57 AM
At 12/24/2013 12:55:44 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Actually, Ore, how do you know that TP have fake claims?
I don't recall him saying that he was given any.

He did in the imdb thread right after he was lynched. This was also something that several players talked about the possibility since we are allowed to C/P our roles.

"Since it doesn't matter anymore, I'm third party and my job was to find and kill one sith lord and one Jedi. As such, I really was trying to help the town find the mafia (granted, law school and their super long threads kind of curbed my ability to do so) since that contributed to my own goals. Yraelz provided me with the fake claim and the text paragraph. "

Now, if he flipped mafia, we would have reason to suspect that he was being dishonest, but flipping 3rd party, he has no motivation to go either way.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 1:28:42 AM
At 12/24/2013 12:54:31 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Didn't he claim exile?

I suppose.
But, the way he outted his character seemed genuine to me. ("hey, is anyone a generic character?" or whatever he said) It was suspicious to do this, and I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt, at least for now.

I got nothing.

Obviously I agree it seemed extremely genuine, and a very solid town tell. I just don't like using the word "confirmed" unless it is pretty solid confirmed.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 1:31:32 AM
Alright, well, I'm going to bed. If you guys decide to kill me off, at least wait for me to post my results from last NP. I don't want to out them yet, but I'm not gonna take them to my grave.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 1:33:02 AM
How very interesting.

FT, I want your role claim, in full. By that, I mean how many shots do you have of your powers. I do tend to believe you at this point, but I have my... reasons for wanting the role with regards to the no. investigators.

OreEle, who did you watch last night? Why didn't you out your results with your claim? Don't you have any results? If not, why didn't you tell us you had no results?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Hatstand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 4:57:11 AM
At 12/19/2013 12:11:37 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Oh, who claimed Mical? My role confirms him as existent, just had a proper read of it there lol.

Seeing as we know that Mical isn't in the game (seeing as he was LM's safe false claim), this means that either AnDoc is lying or our roles are designed to mislead us. While the first one seems more logical out of context, it doesn't seem like the sort of risk a mafioso would take - confirming someone without checking who they were.