Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 18.2 - Endgame

Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:21:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
HAHAHAHA!!!!!
What a crazy game this was. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Mafia Wins!!!
bsh1:
You are the REDIRCTOR. Each night, you may choose one player's actions to be redirected to another selected player. They may not be the same player.

yay842:
You are the ROLE STEALER. Once per game, you may select another player and permanently steal their role. Your affiliation does not change.

Second place, I'll give to....

Hatstand:
You are the SERIAL KILLER. Each night, you MUST select a player to die. You win when you are the only player left alive, or no other kills are possible.

Third Place goes to town:
Mikal/TN05:
You are the PRIEST. If you are visited in the night, you will learn the role of those who visit you. You win with the town.

Sketchn/Sparkies:
You are the HUNTER. If you are lynched, you may select a player and have them die with you. You win with the town.

Aloke:
You are the ROLE COP. Each night, you may select one player and learn the name of their role. You do not learn affiliation or the specifics of said role. You win with the town.
Zaradi:
You are Vanilla. You have no role. You win with the town.

Crypto:
You are the TRACKER. Each night, you may select one player to see who they visit that night. You win with the town.

Solon:
You are the 2-shot DOCTOR. Each night, you may choose one player. If that player is targeted for death, you will prevent the death. You can only use this ability twice, and once per night. You win with the town.

PotBelliedGeek:
You are the DREAMER. On odd nights, and if no one visits you, you may have a dream. This dream with either show one person as town, or three people of which at least one is not town.
On even nights, you will dream regardless of whether someone visits you.
You win with the town.

NP1 Actions:
Aloke role cops Sparkies
Solon protects Aloke
Crypto tracks Zaradi
Hat kills Crypto
Yay kills and steals Solon's role
bsh1 redirects Zaradi to Hat

NP2 actions:
Aloke role cops TN05
Hat kills Yay
Yay protects bsh1 and kills Aloke
bsh1 redirects TN05 to Sparkies

NP3 actions would have been:
bsh1 kills Hat and redirects Hat's kill to Sparkies
My work here is, finally, done.
Aloke
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:34:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Nicely done Bsh1. I honestly thought you were town, and was getting irritated at you because of it lol. I figured Hats was SK though. I don't why she didn't hammer Yay though since she knew Zaradi wasn't SK. Unless she honestly thought Yay wasn't scum?

Anyways, GG everybody.
Iflyhigh
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:34:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
WOW, did mafia get lucky.
Had Yay been lynched DP2, bsh1's lie would have been exposed. However, a very crafty excuse was invented by bsh1 for DP3, so kudos to you.

DP3 was an interesting day.
For SK to win, Hat needed to kill the last mafia.
For town to have a chance, they needed to no lynch and hope for the best. Of course, unbeknownst to them, they had zero chance.
Mafia had the game in the bag, as long as bsh1 survived.

I found the players lack of exploring the possibilities to be their biggest downfall.
- Nobody seemed to consider that TN05 was visited by nobody NP1, which is what happened. For the record, even if the priest was roleblocked, the priest would still be notified that a roleblocker visited them, then no other roles after.

- When Zaradi saw Solon's Vanilla, he made a fair assumption. However, no one asked or considered that Solon's role was stolen.

- Lastly, even though bsh1 explained away his no CC'ing the mafia doc, frankly he should have been lynched, IMO. He fought tooth and nail to shield Yay, who was mafia, from being lynched. This should have been a giveaway, and even bsh1 knew it was bad, but he had no choice after claiming doc after Yay stole it.

The other big issue was PotBelliedGeek's mishap.
I understand your reasoning, but it was still a bad idea.
Even if you were to be lynched DP2, you could have protected town from mafia's interference. Presumably, no townie would have bothered you, except maybe the role cop, so mafia would either have killed you, stolen your role (thus keeping the doc in the game), or wasted the redirect on you to prevent you from dreaming.
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:35:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 4:35:17 AM, Hatstand wrote:
Why did. Solon flip vanilla? How did Yay flip as 1x doc?

Ah. Stolen role. He flipped vanilla because his role was stolen.
Aloke
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:36:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 4:35:17 AM, Hatstand wrote:
Why did. Solon flip vanilla? How did Yay flip as 1x doc?

If I was to guess, Yay was rolestealer who stole Solon's role making him vanilla. Don't know why he flipped as 1x doc instead of 2x doc though.
Iflyhigh
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:39:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 4:36:41 AM, Aloke wrote:
At 12/28/2013 4:35:17 AM, Hatstand wrote:
Why did. Solon flip vanilla? How did Yay flip as 1x doc?

If I was to guess, Yay was rolestealer who stole Solon's role making him vanilla. Don't know why he flipped as 1x doc instead of 2x doc though.

Correct.
Because Solon used one of the docs, so I figured it only fair that the stolen/mimicked role reflect what was left.
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:39:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 4:34:52 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

- Lastly, even though bsh1 explained away his no CC'ing the mafia doc, frankly he should have been lynched, IMO. He fought tooth and nail to shield Yay, who was mafia, from being lynched. This should have been a giveaway, and even bsh1 knew it was bad, but he had no choice after claiming doc after Yay stole it.

I assumed that he was mimic, and therefore Bsh1 was confirmed because it was proven that his role was in the game.
Aloke
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:44:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I found the players lack of exploring the possibilities to be their biggest downfall.
- Nobody seemed to consider that TN05 was visited by nobody NP1, which is what happened. For the record, even if the priest was roleblocked, the priest would still be notified that a roleblocker visited them, then no other roles after.

I thought you said NA's were resolved before NK's. Meaning Crypto should of been seen visiting TN05, right? Unless he didn't visit him NP1?
Iflyhigh
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:45:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 4:39:35 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/28/2013 4:34:52 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

- Lastly, even though bsh1 explained away his no CC'ing the mafia doc, frankly he should have been lynched, IMO. He fought tooth and nail to shield Yay, who was mafia, from being lynched. This should have been a giveaway, and even bsh1 knew it was bad, but he had no choice after claiming doc after Yay stole it.

I assumed that he was mimic, and therefore Bsh1 was confirmed because it was proven that his role was in the game.

Fair enough, I suppose.
I knew everything, and forget what was known when.
I was only pointing out the behavior of scum protecting scum at all odds is bad (advice for noobs). You have to know when to let your teammate die.
My work here is, finally, done.
Aloke
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:46:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Crypto tracks Zaradi

Fvcking christ dude. Seriously? I would of honestly pushed for your lynch DP2 if you had lived and said you tracked Zaradi instead of confirming yourself.
Iflyhigh
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:46:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 4:44:22 AM, Aloke wrote:
I found the players lack of exploring the possibilities to be their biggest downfall.
- Nobody seemed to consider that TN05 was visited by nobody NP1, which is what happened. For the record, even if the priest was roleblocked, the priest would still be notified that a roleblocker visited them, then no other roles after.

I thought you said NA's were resolved before NK's. Meaning Crypto should of been seen visiting TN05, right? Unless he didn't visit him NP1?

I think he forgot given the fiasco of the dreamer being lynched.
Crypto tracked Zaradi NP1.
No one attempted to visit the priest. I assume everyone forgot about it.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:49:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
bsh1, why did you claim doctor anyway?
I am pretty sure everyone else claimed, so you could have claimed anything.
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:50:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 4:43:30 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Hat, why did you think you needed to admit defeat DP3?
I was confused by that in the PM.

Like I said, I assumed that Bsh1 was confirmed because his role had been mimicked (because I didn't consider that Yay could have been a role stealer instead of a mmic. I thought that that would be too conspicuous. I also knew that Sparkies had been confirmed by a combination if Aloke's flip and the fact that no one CCed him.

Therefore, I assumed that the town would do the smart thing and NL, forcing us to kill eachother.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:52:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Also, again, I thought this game was fairly balanced.
There was a role cop and dreamer for investigation.
SK and mafia to kill quickly.
Redirector and role stealer aids mafia in hindering town. (mafia got lucky and was able to use POE to determine Hats was SK)

The only flavor I gave was dreamer's automatic dream on even nights to help town, if he survived.
My work here is, finally, done.
Aloke
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:54:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 4:50:32 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/28/2013 4:43:30 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Hat, why did you think you needed to admit defeat DP3?
I was confused by that in the PM.

Like I said, I assumed that Bsh1 was confirmed because his role had been mimicked (because I didn't consider that Yay could have been a role stealer instead of a mmic. I thought that that would be too conspicuous. I also knew that Sparkies had been confirmed by a combination if Aloke's flip and the fact that no one CCed him.

Therefore, I assumed that the town would do the smart thing and NL, forcing us to kill eachother.

Lol I love how you explained how no lynching gave town the only chance of winning... and then they proceed to lynch TN05.
Iflyhigh
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:55:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 4:50:32 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/28/2013 4:43:30 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Hat, why did you think you needed to admit defeat DP3?
I was confused by that in the PM.

Like I said, I assumed that Bsh1 was confirmed because his role had been mimicked (because I didn't consider that Yay could have been a role stealer instead of a mmic. I thought that that would be too conspicuous. I also knew that Sparkies had been confirmed by a combination if Aloke's flip and the fact that no one CCed him.

Therefore, I assumed that the town would do the smart thing and NL, forcing us to kill eachother.

Got it.

By the way, situations where SK would have a joint win:
1 mafia and SK
the highly unlikely situation where there are two townie's that can't be killed and one can't vote and SK

SK would win if it were SK and BP (1:1).
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:56:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 4:54:37 AM, Aloke wrote:
At 12/28/2013 4:50:32 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/28/2013 4:43:30 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Hat, why did you think you needed to admit defeat DP3?
I was confused by that in the PM.

Like I said, I assumed that Bsh1 was confirmed because his role had been mimicked (because I didn't consider that Yay could have been a role stealer instead of a mmic. I thought that that would be too conspicuous. I also knew that Sparkies had been confirmed by a combination if Aloke's flip and the fact that no one CCed him.

Therefore, I assumed that the town would do the smart thing and NL, forcing us to kill eachother.

Lol I love how you explained how no lynching gave town the only chance of winning... and then they proceed to lynch TN05.

Well, I wasn't town. If I had succeeded, and Tn had been scum, then I would have won.

I did have a backup plan for if the town realised that I had told them that they should NL, but that was also based on the idea that TN was scum.
Aloke
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 4:58:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 4:56:21 AM, Hatstand wrote:
Well, I wasn't town. If I had succeeded, and Tn had been scum, then I would have won.

Yeah, I was speaking mostly about Sparkies.

I did have a backup plan for if the town realised that I had told them that they should NL, but that was also based on the idea that TN was scum.
Iflyhigh
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 5:01:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Players:
How did I handle all the damn questions, both publicly and privately?
Did I do well?
Did I out anything?

I thought I danced the dance quite well.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 5:04:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Time to get to work on the last game of the series...
18.3, the best game, the themed game.
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 5:06:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 5:04:50 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Time to get to work on the last game of the series...
18.3, the best game, the themed game.

Do you have an idea for it yet?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 5:13:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 5:06:21 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:04:50 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Time to get to work on the last game of the series...
18.3, the best game, the themed game.

Do you have an idea for it yet?

Care to make one?
You were my muse last time ;)
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 5:30:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 5:13:28 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:06:21 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:04:50 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Time to get to work on the last game of the series...
18.3, the best game, the themed game.

Do you have an idea for it yet?

Care to make one?
You were my muse last time ;)

It should be something general, I think. Learning to research theme is important, especially if you're like me and you go into practically every game blind, but I'm afraid that there would be people who wouldn't research, and therefore would just ignore the theme in which case it may as well not be there.

Hmm...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 5:34:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 5:30:04 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:13:28 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:06:21 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:04:50 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Time to get to work on the last game of the series...
18.3, the best game, the themed game.

Do you have an idea for it yet?

Care to make one?
You were my muse last time ;)

It should be something general, I think. Learning to research theme is important, especially if you're like me and you go into practically every game blind, but I'm afraid that there would be people who wouldn't research, and therefore would just ignore the theme in which case it may as well not be there.

Hmm...

I know.
I have a few ideas, but nothing I want to do for a beginner game.
I think sports was fine.
My work here is, finally, done.
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 5:37:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 5:34:15 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:30:04 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:13:28 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:06:21 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:04:50 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Time to get to work on the last game of the series...
18.3, the best game, the themed game.

Do you have an idea for it yet?

Care to make one?
You were my muse last time ;)

It should be something general, I think. Learning to research theme is important, especially if you're like me and you go into practically every game blind, but I'm afraid that there would be people who wouldn't research, and therefore would just ignore the theme in which case it may as well not be there.

Hmm...

I know.
I have a few ideas, but nothing I want to do for a beginner game.
I think sports was fine.

Sports did work well, even if none of us guessed the common denominator
Sparkies
Posts: 652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 5:37:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 5:34:15 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:30:04 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:13:28 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:06:21 AM, Hatstand wrote:
At 12/28/2013 5:04:50 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Time to get to work on the last game of the series...
18.3, the best game, the themed game.

Do you have an idea for it yet?

Care to make one?
You were my muse last time ;)

It should be something general, I think. Learning to research theme is important, especially if you're like me and you go into practically every game blind, but I'm afraid that there would be people who wouldn't research, and therefore would just ignore the theme in which case it may as well not be there.

Hmm...

I know.
I have a few ideas, but nothing I want to do for a beginner game.
I think sports was fine.

for some reason i got an email from our magic game. maybe mtg theme?