Total Posts:105|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 18.3 - DP2

Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 10:21:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Died in the night:

PotBelliedGeek:
You are Professor X - With your mastery of telepathy and other psychological powers, you delve deep into the human psyche to find men's' true intentions. This ability makes you the COP. Each night, you may target one player to determine if they win with the town or not. You win with the mutants (town).

Living Players:

1. Aloke
2. Sparkies
3. bsh1
4. SolonKR
5. Yay842
6. TN05
7. Crypto
8. Zaradi
9. Hatstand

With nine living players, it takes five to lynch.
The DP will end no later than 10AM January 6, 2014

Note:
Aloke has asked to be replaced due to illness. I am waiting to hear back from NotReallySmart.
My work here is, finally, done.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 10:27:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm at a debate tournament right now so my activity will be spotty but a few things:

1. Town read on aloke/NRs for the asking to be replaced.
2. Solon should be considered the most suspicious after his late DP1 behavior. I'll post specific reasoning once I can get on my laptop.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 10:31:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 10:27:36 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm at a debate tournament right now so my activity will be spotty but a few things:

1. Town read on aloke/NRs for the asking to be replaced.
2. Solon should be considered the most suspicious after his late DP1 behavior. I'll post specific reasoning once I can get on my laptop.

Whenever you get back:
How exactly does asking to be replaced make one town?

I will await the evidence with bated breath.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 11:37:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Last night I had my "DNA Copied." I am assuming this means my role has been copied.

There is a mimic in the game. I still have an ability so that means it wasn't a role stealer.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 11:43:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 10:31:19 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 1/4/2014 10:27:36 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm at a debate tournament right now so my activity will be spotty but a few things:

1. Town read on aloke/NRs for the asking to be replaced.
2. Solon should be considered the most suspicious after his late DP1 behavior. I'll post specific reasoning once I can get on my laptop.

Whenever you get back:
How exactly does asking to be replaced make one town?

I will await the evidence with bated breath.

Four things:

1. I never claimed that Aloke was town. I said I have a town read on him. The distinction should be obvious.
2. It's towny to ask to be replaced as opposed to being prompted to replace because of activity. As town if you can't get on you're a) not scum hunting or helping the town in any way and b) drawing negative attention to yourself instead of putting it on people who deserve negative attention (ie scum). Replacing out then becomes the town thing to do because an active player (regardless of the player), will always be more beneficial than an inactive player (regardless of the player). Scum, on the other hand, benefit far more from being inactive than active. They're less likely to ask to be replaced out because being gone helps them anyway. Being sick gives them a legitimate reason to lurk and be inactive.
3. The reasoning we wanted crypto lynched was right here http://www.debate.org... which was only a few posts after you claimed. I find it hard to believe you didn't see it.
4. It's also interesting how you're trying to keep town as passive as possible. You cast doubt on Crypto being scum, you cast doubt on Aloke being town. You prefer town not lynch anyone as opposed to lynch a scum read on the basis we can't afford to mislynch (even though mathematically we CAN afford to mislynch once or twice before going into MYLO.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:17:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 10:27:36 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm at a debate tournament right now so my activity will be spotty but a few things:

1. Town read on aloke/NRs for the asking to be replaced.

This should not be a town read. It should be a null read seeing as it's just as likely for scum to get sick as town. It just means that he wasn't lurking.

2. Solon should be considered the most suspicious after his late DP1 behavior. I'll post specific reasoning once I can get on my laptop.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:19:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:17:26 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 10:27:36 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm at a debate tournament right now so my activity will be spotty but a few things:

1. Town read on aloke/NRs for the asking to be replaced.

This should not be a town read. It should be a null read seeing as it's just as likely for scum to get sick as town. It just means that he wasn't lurking.

My reasoning for why he should be townread isn't about being sick. Read.

2. Solon should be considered the most suspicious after his late DP1 behavior. I'll post specific reasoning once I can get on my laptop.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:24:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:19:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:17:26 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 10:27:36 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm at a debate tournament right now so my activity will be spotty but a few things:

1. Town read on aloke/NRs for the asking to be replaced.

This should not be a town read. It should be a null read seeing as it's just as likely for scum to get sick as town. It just means that he wasn't lurking.

My reasoning for why he should be townread isn't about being sick. Read.

Interesting point. It's a bit dodgy, because I have seen plenty of scum replace out before, but it's a decent theory.

2. Solon should be considered the most suspicious after his late DP1 behavior. I'll post specific reasoning once I can get on my laptop.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:26:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:24:12 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:19:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:17:26 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 10:27:36 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm at a debate tournament right now so my activity will be spotty but a few things:

1. Town read on aloke/NRs for the asking to be replaced.

This should not be a town read. It should be a null read seeing as it's just as likely for scum to get sick as town. It just means that he wasn't lurking.

My reasoning for why he should be townread isn't about being sick. Read.

Interesting point. It's a bit dodgy, because I have seen plenty of scum replace out before, but it's a decent theory.

Mafia do replace out, but rarely do they ask to replace out. Usually they're prompted to replace out by the Mod.

2. Solon should be considered the most suspicious after his late DP1 behavior. I'll post specific reasoning once I can get on my laptop.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:38:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Khaos, can you confirm that the characters used are ones ONLY from the cartoon series?
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:39:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:38:04 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Khaos, can you confirm that the characters used are ones ONLY from the cartoon series?

Hey if you can confirm this can you also confirm who's on the mafia for us? That'd be super helpful.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:40:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:26:37 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:24:12 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:19:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:17:26 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 10:27:36 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm at a debate tournament right now so my activity will be spotty but a few things:

1. Town read on aloke/NRs for the asking to be replaced.

This should not be a town read. It should be a null read seeing as it's just as likely for scum to get sick as town. It just means that he wasn't lurking.

My reasoning for why he should be townread isn't about being sick. Read.

Interesting point. It's a bit dodgy, because I have seen plenty of scum replace out before, but it's a decent theory.

Mafia do replace out, but rarely do they ask to replace out. Usually they're prompted to replace out by the Mod.

Is that statistical, or opinion? (I ask as a player who hasn't seen enough people replace out to know).

2. Solon should be considered the most suspicious after his late DP1 behavior. I'll post specific reasoning once I can get on my laptop.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:40:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:39:10 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:38:04 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Khaos, can you confirm that the characters used are ones ONLY from the cartoon series?

Hey if you can confirm this can you also confirm who's on the mafia for us? That'd be super helpful.

You, Khaos, and my pet dog. If I were mafia, I wouldn't be stupid enough to cast suspicion on myself by not hammering.

I didn't hammer because I'm not sure he is mafia.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:41:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:40:20 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:26:37 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:24:12 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:19:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:17:26 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 10:27:36 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm at a debate tournament right now so my activity will be spotty but a few things:

1. Town read on aloke/NRs for the asking to be replaced.

This should not be a town read. It should be a null read seeing as it's just as likely for scum to get sick as town. It just means that he wasn't lurking.

My reasoning for why he should be townread isn't about being sick. Read.

Interesting point. It's a bit dodgy, because I have seen plenty of scum replace out before, but it's a decent theory.

Mafia do replace out, but rarely do they ask to replace out. Usually they're prompted to replace out by the Mod.

Is that statistical, or opinion? (I ask as a player who hasn't seen enough people replace out to know).

I don't have the solid numbers on it but I can't remember the last time someone on the mafia asked to replace out before the mod asked if they wanted to or not.

2. Solon should be considered the most suspicious after his late DP1 behavior. I'll post specific reasoning once I can get on my laptop.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:41:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:38:04 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Khaos, can you confirm that the characters used are ones ONLY from the cartoon series?

Solon, this suggests that you are aware of my case against Crypto.

1) When did you become aware of it?
2) If 1 was during the NP, why didn't you read the DP before posting?
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:46:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:40:56 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:39:10 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:38:04 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Khaos, can you confirm that the characters used are ones ONLY from the cartoon series?

Hey if you can confirm this can you also confirm who's on the mafia for us? That'd be super helpful.

You, Khaos, and my pet dog. If I were mafia, I wouldn't be stupid enough to cast suspicion on myself by not hammering.

I didn't hammer because I'm not sure he is mafia.

Wow that was a random outburst. And super defensive when there was no reason to be so defensive. I was just commenting that the liklihood of him being able to confirm what you asked was around the same liklihood of what I asked.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:54:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:38:04 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Khaos, can you confirm that the characters used are ones ONLY from the cartoon series?

I cannot confirm or deny the accuracy of any analysis based on theme, mod psych, or any other methods.
My work here is, finally, done.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:55:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:41:59 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:38:04 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Khaos, can you confirm that the characters used are ones ONLY from the cartoon series?

Solon, this suggests that you are aware of my case against Crypto.

1) When did you become aware of it?
2) If 1 was during the NP, why didn't you read the DP before posting?

I read it today before I made that last post...
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:56:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:46:29 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:40:56 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:39:10 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:38:04 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Khaos, can you confirm that the characters used are ones ONLY from the cartoon series?

Hey if you can confirm this can you also confirm who's on the mafia for us? That'd be super helpful.

You, Khaos, and my pet dog. If I were mafia, I wouldn't be stupid enough to cast suspicion on myself by not hammering.

I didn't hammer because I'm not sure he is mafia.

Wow that was a random outburst. And super defensive when there was no reason to be so defensive. I was just commenting that the liklihood of him being able to confirm what you asked was around the same liklihood of what I asked.

When did retorting with more sarcasm become an "outburst"?
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 1:58:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:56:59 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:46:29 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:40:56 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:39:10 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:38:04 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Khaos, can you confirm that the characters used are ones ONLY from the cartoon series?

Hey if you can confirm this can you also confirm who's on the mafia for us? That'd be super helpful.

You, Khaos, and my pet dog. If I were mafia, I wouldn't be stupid enough to cast suspicion on myself by not hammering.

I didn't hammer because I'm not sure he is mafia.

Wow that was a random outburst. And super defensive when there was no reason to be so defensive. I was just commenting that the liklihood of him being able to confirm what you asked was around the same liklihood of what I asked.

When did retorting with more sarcasm become an "outburst"?

Because it wasn't even close to relevant to what I asked. Especially the bolded. Why are you fighting me this hard? Are you afraid of the spotlight?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 2:05:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 1:55:51 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:41:59 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 1:38:04 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Khaos, can you confirm that the characters used are ones ONLY from the cartoon series?

Solon, this suggests that you are aware of my case against Crypto.

1) When did you become aware of it?
2) If 1 was during the NP, why didn't you read the DP before posting?

I read it today before I made that last post...

And the second question? If you saw someone was about to be lynched, and knew yours would be the deciding vote, why not look to see why?
Hatstand
Posts: 2,673
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 2:07:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 11:37:19 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Last night I had my "DNA Copied." I am assuming this means my role has been copied.

There is a mimic in the game. I still have an ability so that means it wasn't a role stealer.

Interesting. Previously, people were not informed that they had been mimicked (or rather, Solon wasn't informed in the scum PM in 18.1)
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 3:53:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
ok, so i cant tell whether my partner is still mafia or not because mafia would obviously aim for Pots when someone shoulda protected him, but if i survive another DP, then my partner cheated on me and is probably mafia
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 4:18:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 2:07:43 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 11:37:19 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Last night I had my "DNA Copied." I am assuming this means my role has been copied.

There is a mimic in the game. I still have an ability so that means it wasn't a role stealer.

Interesting. Previously, people were not informed that they had been mimicked (or rather, Solon wasn't informed in the scum PM in 18.1)

Maybe it's something else. But my mutant DNA was copied...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 5:06:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 4:18:32 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/4/2014 2:07:43 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 11:37:19 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Last night I had my "DNA Copied." I am assuming this means my role has been copied.

There is a mimic in the game. I still have an ability so that means it wasn't a role stealer.

Interesting. Previously, people were not informed that they had been mimicked (or rather, Solon wasn't informed in the scum PM in 18.1)

Maybe it's something else. But my mutant DNA was copied...

And you still can use your role?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 5:07:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 5:06:35 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/4/2014 4:18:32 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/4/2014 2:07:43 PM, Hatstand wrote:
At 1/4/2014 11:37:19 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Last night I had my "DNA Copied." I am assuming this means my role has been copied.

There is a mimic in the game. I still have an ability so that means it wasn't a role stealer.

Interesting. Previously, people were not informed that they had been mimicked (or rather, Solon wasn't informed in the scum PM in 18.1)

Maybe it's something else. But my mutant DNA was copied...

And you still can use your role?

I assume so. The message never said anything about my role changing or being rendered inoperative. We have a mystery on our hands...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 5:09:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hey hats, what's your opinion on a bsh/crypto scum team? They kinda linked themselves to each other super hard...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 5:12:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 5:09:58 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Hey hats, what's your opinion on a bsh/crypto scum team? They kinda linked themselves to each other super hard...

I thought I was confirmed town by my slip last game. If not, I'd hard claim--but I would strongly prefer not to.

Could you please explain the logic tying me to Crypto, since I hardly posted last DP?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 5:16:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 5:12:24 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/4/2014 5:09:58 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Hey hats, what's your opinion on a bsh/crypto scum team? They kinda linked themselves to each other super hard...

I thought I was confirmed town by my slip last game. If not, I'd hard claim--but I would strongly prefer not to.

Not confirmed. Likely, but not confirmed. I'm just trying to cover every angle.

Could you please explain the logic tying me to Crypto, since I hardly posted last DP?

Crypto is under suspicion right now (like, we were one vote away from lynching him suspicion), and is claimed to be a role copier. You claim you were role copied. Explain how that doesn't tie you two together.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...