Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO Hunger Games Tournament Signups

SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 11:13:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This tournament is different from all others, as tributes will not be fighting for gay marriage, or abortion. They will be fighting for... their life!

A single elimination, bracket style tournament. All resolutions will read- DDO Hunger Games Tournament ([instigator]) vs. ([contender]). Debates are four rounds first for acceptance, and the instigator explaining that the two debaters will be debating over who is a better user. They can argue this by saying they are more entertaining, a better debater, more active in the forums, and several other ways.

8,000 characters
3 day rounds
4 day voting period
Shared BoP

Signups are unlimited, but close on January 23rd.

Singnups

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
8.
9.
10.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 11:15:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
wouldnt better fighter, survivalist, battle tactics, etc. make more sense?
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2014 11:19:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/11/2014 11:15:48 PM, yay842 wrote:
wouldnt better fighter, survivalist, battle tactics, etc. make more sense?

You can go that way if you want, but make sure your opponent understands.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 11:07:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Bump.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 12:34:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/12/2014 12:33:49 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
i'm guessing tributes can create allies and vote with each other on debates?

That is correct.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 12:36:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/12/2014 12:34:59 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 1/12/2014 12:33:49 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
i'm guessing tributes can create allies and vote with each other on debates?

That is correct.

seems kinda abusive. is voting open to everyone or just people in the tourny?
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 12:37:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/12/2014 12:36:13 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/12/2014 12:34:59 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 1/12/2014 12:33:49 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
i'm guessing tributes can create allies and vote with each other on debates?

That is correct.

seems kinda abusive.

Yes.
is voting open to everyone or just people in the tourny?

Everyone.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2014 1:54:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Singnups

1.Khaos_Mage
2.Chaos88
3.Chaos
4.Undermining-Chaos
5.Lord-Chaos
6.Chaos-king
7.The_Chaos_Heart

There can be only one!!!!
My work here is, finally, done.
Beginner
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 12:59:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Singnups

1.Khaos_Mage
2.Chaos88
3.Chaos
4.Undermining-Chaos
5.Lord-Chaos
6.Chaos-king
7.The_Chaos_Heart
8. Beginner
Senpai has noticed you.
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 7:10:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Singnups

1.Khaos_Mage
2.Chaos88
3.Chaos
4.Undermining-Chaos
5.Lord-Chaos
6.Chaos-king
7.The_Chaos_Heart
8. Beginner
9. Lannan13
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 3:54:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. Khaos_Mage
2. Beginner
3. lannan
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
msheahan99
Posts: 31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 5:48:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Count me in, but one question, how can you have single elimination with just 10 debaters? 5 of the 10 will move to the next round and you won't be able to bracket one of the people.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 5:49:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1.
2. Beginner
3. lannan
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

I'm not going to close my account, and you all can't tell a joke.
My work here is, finally, done.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 6:29:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 5:49:52 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
1.
2. Beginner
3. lannan
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

I'm not going to close my account, and you all can't tell a joke.

when i saw you posted that i was a little worried but it didn't seem like something you would do
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 6:58:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 5:49:52 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
1.
2. Beginner
3. lannan
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

I'm not going to close my account, and you all can't tell a joke.

You don't have to close your account, it's just debating who's a better DDO member.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 6:59:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. msheahan99
2. Beginner
3. lannan
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 7:00:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 5:48:05 PM, msheahan99 wrote:
Count me in, but one question, how can you have single elimination with just 10 debaters? 5 of the 10 will move to the next round and you won't be able to bracket one of the people.

It's as many people as possible, and the deadline is January 23rd. If the need arises, byes will be used.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 7:00:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 6:59:14 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
1. msheahan99
2. Beginner
3. lannan
4. yay
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

and quit at the last second because consequences are too much butthurt although no ones gonna bother deleting their accounts and yay knows this is a scam and cannot be executed in any way, so yes all the way up until number 10, then no, and yolo
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 7:20:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 6:29:33 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 1/13/2014 5:49:52 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
1.
2. Beginner
3. lannan
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

I'm not going to close my account, and you all can't tell a joke.

when i saw you posted that i was a little worried but it didn't seem like something you would do

I found every member I could with Chaos in their name, and ironically, I am the only one still active. I just thought the names alone would have been funny.
My work here is, finally, done.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 7:59:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 7:20:33 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 1/13/2014 6:29:33 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 1/13/2014 5:49:52 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
1.
2. Beginner
3. lannan
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

I'm not going to close my account, and you all can't tell a joke.

when i saw you posted that i was a little worried but it didn't seem like something you would do

I found every member I could with Chaos in their name, and ironically, I am the only one still active. I just thought the names alone would have been funny.

it was funny seeing so many chaos's it was like all of the chaos's got together and fought over who could have the name
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:02:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 7:59:15 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 1/13/2014 7:20:33 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 1/13/2014 6:29:33 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 1/13/2014 5:49:52 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
1.
2. Beginner
3. lannan
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

I'm not going to close my account, and you all can't tell a joke.

when i saw you posted that i was a little worried but it didn't seem like something you would do

I found every member I could with Chaos in their name, and ironically, I am the only one still active. I just thought the names alone would have been funny.

it was funny seeing so many chaos's it was like all of the chaos's got together and fought over who could have the name

They did, but I was the only one who showed up....so, I won.
My work here is, finally, done.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:05:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 8:02:12 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 1/13/2014 7:59:15 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 1/13/2014 7:20:33 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 1/13/2014 6:29:33 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 1/13/2014 5:49:52 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
1.
2. Beginner
3. lannan
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

I'm not going to close my account, and you all can't tell a joke.

when i saw you posted that i was a little worried but it didn't seem like something you would do

I found every member I could with Chaos in their name, and ironically, I am the only one still active. I just thought the names alone would have been funny.

it was funny seeing so many chaos's it was like all of the chaos's got together and fought over who could have the name

They did, but I was the only one who showed up....so, I won.

i don't think i could ever call winning by default winning
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:38:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I SIGN UP.

As the most lethal and well known person on DDO, I believe that makes me the most lethal person in this tournament. Therefore, I will be constructing a MASSIVE alliance with other people.... Those who enter the alliance shall have the chance to live, those who dont I can guarantee will be killed immediately (so to speak)

Let me know when signups close, id like some time to put together my master alliance once I know who all is participating.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:41:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 7:00:53 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 1/13/2014 6:59:14 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
1. msheahan99
2. Beginner
3. lannan
4. yay
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

and quit at the last second because consequences are too much butthurt although no ones gonna bother deleting their accounts and yay knows this is a scam and cannot be executed in any way, so yes all the way up until number 10, then no, and yolo

I never said any accounts would be deleted.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:42:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. msheahan99
2. Beginner
3. lannan
4. yay
5. imabench
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:43:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 8:42:14 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
1. msheahan99
2. Beginner
3. lannan
4.
5. imabench
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

NOPE, Imabench signed up, im done
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
msheahan99
Posts: 31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 10:50:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 8:38:12 PM, imabench wrote:
I SIGN UP.

As the most lethal and well known person on DDO, I believe that makes me the most lethal person in this tournament. Therefore, I will be constructing a MASSIVE alliance with other people.... Those who enter the alliance shall have the chance to live, those who dont I can guarantee will be killed immediately (so to speak)

Let me know when signups close, id like some time to put together my master alliance once I know who all is participating.

brilliant! But what happens to this alliance when you die?
msheahan99
Posts: 31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 10:50:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 8:38:12 PM, imabench wrote:
I SIGN UP.

As the most lethal and well known person on DDO, I believe that makes me the most lethal person in this tournament. Therefore, I will be constructing a MASSIVE alliance with other people.... Those who enter the alliance shall have the chance to live, those who dont I can guarantee will be killed immediately (so to speak)

Let me know when signups close, id like some time to put together my master alliance once I know who all is participating.

brilliant! But what happens to this alliance when you die?