Jump to topic:

ERB Mafia - Endgame

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 6:40:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Upon further analysis, I think at game start the game was balanced, but too many possible scenarios put the mafia on a path of certain doom. I also had too many confirmable roles for town.

The idea that I was trying with this game was for town to help the mafia win. That is why mafia had two reflexive takedown roles, and town potential negative utility roles. There were basically two vigs, two investigative, and only two protective roles, one jailer/reflexive roleblocker and a 1-shot seraph knight. I think I should have made the seraph knight automatically protect mafia (guardian angel, I think).

Lucky's role was a boon for the town, but it was not supposed to break the game. Even if the vigs followed orders, mafia was not supposed to fear Lucky or vigs, but they got themselves killed by roleblocking Lucky NP1, which, IMO was foolhardy.

I apologize for this failure.

Town:
Bullish
Clint Eastwood - "No one in your family ever lives to see a sequel"
You are the Jack of all Trades. Each night, you may select two of the following abilities to use. You are allowed to repeat actions, but not combinations. You win with the town.
Tracker, see who a player visits
Watcher, see who visits a player in the night
Bulletproof, you cannot be targeted for death at night.
Vigilante, you can target someone for death
Cop, 60% accuracy of correct affiliation
Unlynchable, the next DP, you cannot be lynched
TUF
Ben Franklin - "it takes just one easy payment for me to whoop your a$$"
You are the LOBBYIST. Your vote counts for two; however, it will not show on the vote count. You win with the town.

Lucky
Al Capone - "You ain't a tough guy, my kids dress up like you for Halloween"
You are the INSURANCE AGENT. Every night, you select a player to insure, and a player to be the beneficiary. If the insured die that night, the beneficiary will be mod confirmed as town, if they are town.

Zaradi
Freddie Mercury - "you've got four notes in your whole range, you can't act you can't dance, I'm more powerful than you when I'm wearing women's pants"
You are the TRAITOR. You win with the mafia, but are not part of the PM. You do NOT win with the town.
Lannan
Doctor Who - "You can't even invent a way out of Hill Valley"
You are the REVIVER. Once per game and at night, you may select a dead player and return them to the living. They will lose their old ability upon resurrection. You win with the town.
Beginner
Batman " "I had Alfred read your books, he told me they suck"
You are the SERAPH KNIGHT. At night, you may select your permanent target. As long as you remain alive, your target cannot be killed by any means. You win with the town.

bsh1
Eve - "[horrified silence]"
You are the MOTIVATOR. Each night, you may select one player, which allows them to use their role an additional time that night. You win with the town.

YAY
Ghandi - "With protests and women, the same advice goes, always stay away from the ho"s"
You are the PEACEFUL PROTESTER. Each night, you may select one player, you will sit-in, thus interfering with not only their night actions, but those of any visitors as well, including the mafia night kill. You win with the town.

NotReallySmart
Thomas Edison " "I don"t alternate my flow, I dis you directly"
You are the CONSUMER. Each night you may kill another player. If successful, you will permanently gain the ability of that player. If the player has more than one ability, you will gain one at random. You may only use one ability per night (including your kill).

Mafia -

Solon
Vladimire Putin - "the last man who attacked me lived a half life, so comrade come at me"
You are the SUPER SAINT. In the event you are lynched, the person who cast the hammer vote will also die.
You are also the BOMB. If you are killed at night, the one who killed you will also die. You win with the mafia.
TN05
Cat in the Hat - "I would not could not on a boat read any of those boring a$$ plays you wrote"
You are the BELOVED PRINCESS. If you are killed in the night, the next NP will be skipped. If you are lynched in the day, the next DP will be skipped. You win with the mafia.
DetectableNinja
Hal 9000 - "I'll beat your a$$ at chess and Jeopardy"
You are the ROLEBLOCKER. Each night, you can select one target and roleblock them. You win with the mafia.
My work here is, finally, done.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 7:36:30 AM
@Khaos

If you don't mind, I'll move my game into signups very soon now.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 7:50:55 AM
At 1/15/2014 7:36:30 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
@Khaos

If you don't mind, I'll move my game into signups very soon now.

Go ahead.
Logic is going to do what he does, F-16 seems to have largely bailed on DDO mafia, Noumena is next, I suppose I could email him, so I'd at least post sign ups. Yraelz's game should be over soon, I imagine, if it ever gets up. (I assume at DP start, there will be 6 players left).
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 9:00:51 AM
I still want to lynch Zaradi... Again... Because it woulda been fun...
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 9:09:34 AM
At 1/15/2014 9:00:51 AM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

If you are good with numbers, You Can do better.

Get him and you to sign up for my new game going up very Soon.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 9:32:12 AM
At 1/15/2014 9:00:51 AM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

Ha. Ha. Ha.

B*tch :P
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 9:37:34 AM
Also, in case anyone cares, the mafia were comprised of debates where the winner was not listed as a contestant.

Notice, I had TUF be a mislynch target based on this, and the traitor did not follow.

The quotes were the reasons I picked the winners, and the roles reflected either the quote or character.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 9:41:14 AM
At 1/15/2014 9:37:34 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Also, in case anyone cares, the mafia were comprised of debates where the winner was not listed as a contestant.

Notice, I had TUF be a mislynch target based on this, and the traitor did not follow.

How was TUF a mislynch target based on this? Ben Franklin was listed...

The quotes were the reasons I picked the winners, and the roles reflected either the quote or character.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 9:51:39 AM
At 1/15/2014 9:41:14 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Because, once the pattern was found, and TUF was unlikely to lie about his character, his video was the only town video that could have fit the pattern (Vince Offer).
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 10:28:08 AM
At 1/15/2014 9:51:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 1/15/2014 9:41:14 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Because, once the pattern was found, and TUF was unlikely to lie about his character, his video was the only town video that could have fit the pattern (Vince Offer).

Part of why I had a scum read on TUF.
0x5f3759df
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2014 2:31:31 AM
( I've been misreading people as mafia quite often recently.. hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Senpai has noticed you.