bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 11:19:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Town wins!

TOWN

Lannan - You are the Paranoid Gun Owner. Anyone who visits you during the night will be killed.

Pots - Your are the Bodyguard. Each night you may select a player. Any lethal actions directed at said player shall be redirected towards you.

YYW - You are the Watcher. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who visits that player, if anyone.

Khaos - You are the Universal Backup. You shall take on the role of the first town player to die (regardless of whether it's a lynch or NK.)

XLAV - You are the Virgin. If lynched, no night kills will succeed in the night phase immediately afterwards.

7th - You are the Innocent Child. You will be mod-confirmed as winning with the town at the beginning of DP3.

Yay - You are the Pacifist. You cannot place votes on people at L-1 (one away from being lynched.)

MAFIA

DudeStop - You are the Suicide Bomber. You may select another player (during the day only), and kill that player. You die also.

Tyler - You are the mimic. You may select another player and copy their role. This change becomes permanent.

Jopo - You are the Lookout. You may select any player. You will learn who, if anyone, visits that player.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

YYW watches Khaos
Pots bodyguards no one
Tyler mimics Khaos
Tyler kills YYW

NP2

Khaos watches Tyler
Pots bodyguards XLAV
Tyler watches Khaos
DudeStop kills XLAV

COMMENTS

Mafia: Why kill YYW--if anything, he was helping you implicate Khaos? It would have been better to take out XLAV. Why suicide bomb Khaos? Both Yay and 7th were confirmed town, so by killing one of the few people who could have been mistaken as mafia, you hurt yourselves.

Town: Pots, why not guard the virgin DP1?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 11:33:39 AM
GG

I suppose those would have been better targets. We killed YYW because that's what dudestop wanted.

I think that we didn't have enough experienced players in mafia, but that's just crummy luck.

I am REALLY pumped for the next game.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 1:31:18 PM
I don't begrudge mafia for going after YYW, as he was the only investigative role, except for maybe me or Lannan.

It was foolish to mimic me, but I suppose you may have thought I had a really good role so I fake claimed, and I suppose there wasn't many good roles out there to choose from.

I think the game was just bad luck for mafia all around.
There was no Super Saint, so that plan backfired (good plan by the way), but what was unfortunate was at the end of the game, the fake Super Saint role is what doomed the mafia.
Pots really hindered your plan, so MVP goes to Pots. Had he choose wrong, DP3 would have been a whole lot more difficult. Actually, I'm surprised you went after the virgin, since there would be two confirmed townies. I laid it heavy that XLAV needs to be lynched to draw out the NK, but I also thought 7th was scum. (Yea, me!!)

Mafia could have still saved their hide by either blowing up one of the confirmed townies, or the virgin, once my plan was hatched. It was far more risky to lynch without virgin and super saint.

All in all, it was a valiant effort by mafia.
My only advice is you need to know when to bus your teammates. It's hard to do, and even harder to know when.
My work here is, finally, done.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 2:13:58 PM
I'm having a hard time believing that khaos' play was not scummy. Wow. Had I not unvoted myself in dp1 I think this game would have much differently, because people actually bought into khaos' paranoia.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 2:21:30 PM
At 1/31/2014 2:13:58 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I'm having a hard time believing that khaos' play was not scummy. Wow. Had I not unvoted myself in dp1 I think this game would have much differently, because people actually bought into khaos' paranoia.

I know, right?
Usually I am laughed at for my paranoia, and here it almost got you lynched.
I was so glad you died NP2, though, otherwise I would have been so focused on you.

But, really, what was so scummy about my play?
I tried to hunt scum.
My train of thought was pure.
I took the lead when no one else did.

Why is that scummy?
My work here is, finally, done.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 4:51:36 PM
At 1/31/2014 2:21:30 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 1/31/2014 2:13:58 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

I know, right?
Usually I am laughed at for my paranoia, and here it almost got you lynched.
I was so glad you died NP2, though, otherwise I would have been so focused on you.

But, really, what was so scummy about my play?
I tried to hunt scum.
My train of thought was pure.
I took the lead when no one else did.

Why is that scummy?

I just thought you we're die-hard kill pots. You did such a good job convincing town that my CC warranted my lynch rather than Jopo's that I was sure you were just trying to get your scum buddy off the hook.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 6:46:08 PM
confirmed town makes it easier to YOLO
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors