Total Posts:166|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 20.3: DP2

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 8:56:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

XLAV - You are Remus Lupin. Because you're willing to take justice into your own hands, like when you confronted Wormtail and when you fought back against fellow Werewolves (e.g. Greyback) eager to infect others, you're the Vigilante. Each night you may select a player for death. You win with the town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

7th - You are Mrs. Weasley. Because you keep a clock that tracks the whereabouts and safety of your children, you are the odd-night Tracker. You may select a player every odd night. You will learn who they visit. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

XLAV
7th

(OMFG...is YYW still alive?! LMFAO--sorry, couldn't resist.)

LIVING PLAYERS

DudeStop
YYW
Jopo
Tyler
Yay
Noumena
Khaos
Pots

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP will end at 9:00pm DDO time, on 2/7/14.

Good luck!

ANNOUNCEMENT

Lucky_Luciano is replacing Noumena for the remainder of the game.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:14:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Khaos single handedly convinced town to lynch one of our most powerful roles. Because khaos has a history of overwhelming paranoia, I will not VTL him for death (yet), but I VTL khaos For full claim. He is the most dangerous player here, were he scum, and I think that atop his lead on the lynch of our vigilante warrants a full investigation. We need to know if we can trust him to be honest, or if he will try to lynch another townie.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:15:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Also, now is the time to spill any and all results from NP actions.

I have none.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:33:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Khaos (1/5) - Pots
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:14:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Khaos single handedly convinced town to lynch one of our most powerful roles. Because khaos has a history of overwhelming paranoia, I will not VTL him for death (yet), but I VTL khaos For full claim. He is the most dangerous player here, were he scum, and I think that atop his lead on the lynch of our vigilante warrants a full investigation. We need to know if we can trust him to be honest, or if he will try to lynch another townie.

Here I go again.
VTL Pots

Your methodology last DP and the other game are in stark comparison.
I believe you are scum in one of them.
Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

I think my soft claim should be enough for now.
I can't imagine there being another non-human out there.
My work here is, finally, done.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:36:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:14:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Khaos single handedly convinced town to lynch one of our most powerful roles. Because khaos has a history of overwhelming paranoia, I will not VTL him for death (yet), but I VTL khaos For full claim. He is the most dangerous player here, were he scum, and I think that atop his lead on the lynch of our vigilante warrants a full investigation. We need to know if we can trust him to be honest, or if he will try to lynch another townie.

Here I go again.
VTL Pots

Your methodology last DP and the other game are in stark comparison.
I believe you are scum in one of them.
Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

I think my soft claim should be enough for now.
I can't imagine there being another non-human out there.

Can you please point out the difference?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:37:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:14:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Khaos single handedly convinced town to lynch one of our most powerful roles. Because khaos has a history of overwhelming paranoia, I will not VTL him for death (yet), but I VTL khaos For full claim. He is the most dangerous player here, were he scum, and I think that atop his lead on the lynch of our vigilante warrants a full investigation. We need to know if we can trust him to be honest, or if he will try to lynch another townie.

Here I go again.
VTL Pots

Your methodology last DP and the other game are in stark comparison.
I believe you are scum in one of them.
Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

I think my soft claim should be enough for now.
I can't imagine there being another non-human out there.

Also, would it help if I said that I have a Confirmable role?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:41:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Khaos (1/5) - Pots
Pots (1/5) - Khaos
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:42:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

You jerk.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:43:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:37:30 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:14:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Khaos single handedly convinced town to lynch one of our most powerful roles. Because khaos has a history of overwhelming paranoia, I will not VTL him for death (yet), but I VTL khaos For full claim. He is the most dangerous player here, were he scum, and I think that atop his lead on the lynch of our vigilante warrants a full investigation. We need to know if we can trust him to be honest, or if he will try to lynch another townie.

Here I go again.
VTL Pots

Your methodology last DP and the other game are in stark comparison.
I believe you are scum in one of them.
Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

I think my soft claim should be enough for now.
I can't imagine there being another non-human out there.

Also, would it help if I said that I have a Confirmable role?

Role confirmation =/= affiliation confirmation is games where roles/allignments are not known.
Care to say what it is?
My work here is, finally, done.
jopo
Posts: 509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:43:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:37:30 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:14:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Khaos single handedly convinced town to lynch one of our most powerful roles. Because khaos has a history of overwhelming paranoia, I will not VTL him for death (yet), but I VTL khaos For full claim. He is the most dangerous player here, were he scum, and I think that atop his lead on the lynch of our vigilante warrants a full investigation. We need to know if we can trust him to be honest, or if he will try to lynch another townie.

Here I go again.
VTL Pots

Your methodology last DP and the other game are in stark comparison.
I believe you are scum in one of them.
Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

I think my soft claim should be enough for now.
I can't imagine there being another non-human out there.

Also, would it help if I said that I have a Confirmable role?

Yes, yes it would haha
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:44:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:42:38 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

You jerk.

P
What I mean is, these games aren't archived.
Plus, I get a stronger town read from him there.
My work here is, finally, done.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:47:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:44:30 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:42:38 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

You jerk.

P
What I mean is, these games aren't archived.
Plus, I get a stronger town read from him there.

LMFAO...

You know...you spoil my humor when you needless explain you're logic. I know why you said, and you're right.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:47:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:36:30 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:14:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Khaos single handedly convinced town to lynch one of our most powerful roles. Because khaos has a history of overwhelming paranoia, I will not VTL him for death (yet), but I VTL khaos For full claim. He is the most dangerous player here, were he scum, and I think that atop his lead on the lynch of our vigilante warrants a full investigation. We need to know if we can trust him to be honest, or if he will try to lynch another townie.

Here I go again.
VTL Pots

Your methodology last DP and the other game are in stark comparison.
I believe you are scum in one of them.
Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

I think my soft claim should be enough for now.
I can't imagine there being another non-human out there.

Can you please point out the difference?

Last DP, you said I was being scummy for scumhunting, yet went along with it.
In the other game, you accuse me of being a detriment to the town, yet I am the only one scumhunting, in this series, IMO. It seems contradictory.

Outside of CC's, what has any member of the town done in hunting scum?
My work here is, finally, done.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:48:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:43:04 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:37:30 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:14:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Khaos single handedly convinced town to lynch one of our most powerful roles. Because khaos has a history of overwhelming paranoia, I will not VTL him for death (yet), but I VTL khaos For full claim. He is the most dangerous player here, were he scum, and I think that atop his lead on the lynch of our vigilante warrants a full investigation. We need to know if we can trust him to be honest, or if he will try to lynch another townie.

Here I go again.
VTL Pots

Your methodology last DP and the other game are in stark comparison.
I believe you are scum in one of them.
Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

I think my soft claim should be enough for now.
I can't imagine there being another non-human out there.

Also, would it help if I said that I have a Confirmable role?

Role confirmation =/= affiliation confirmation is games where roles/allignments are not known.
Care to say what it is?

Very well.

Since bullying and insults do not bother Luna Lovegood, I am ascetic. I win with the town (in case there is a lie detector).

However, I will point out that khaos simply shifted the discussion from himself onto me with minimal explanation, when it should be quite clear that he ought to be the one under questioning right now. He killed our vigilante.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
jopo
Posts: 509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:52:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:48:06 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:43:04 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:37:30 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:14:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Khaos single handedly convinced town to lynch one of our most powerful roles. Because khaos has a history of overwhelming paranoia, I will not VTL him for death (yet), but I VTL khaos For full claim. He is the most dangerous player here, were he scum, and I think that atop his lead on the lynch of our vigilante warrants a full investigation. We need to know if we can trust him to be honest, or if he will try to lynch another townie.

Here I go again.
VTL Pots

Your methodology last DP and the other game are in stark comparison.
I believe you are scum in one of them.
Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

I think my soft claim should be enough for now.
I can't imagine there being another non-human out there.

Also, would it help if I said that I have a Confirmable role?

Role confirmation =/= affiliation confirmation is games where roles/allignments are not known.
Care to say what it is?

Very well.

Since bullying and insults do not bother Luna Lovegood, I am ascetic. I win with the town (in case there is a lie detector).

However, I will point out that khaos simply shifted the discussion from himself onto me with minimal explanation, when it should be quite clear that he ought to be the one under questioning right now. He killed our vigilante.

To be fair, while he lead the hunt, it did take 6 to lynch. Now he does have a strong presence and people tend to naturally follow his lead, but he did offer logic and other people agreed with it. Personally I don't even remember his soft claim from last dp or if I even saw it, so I'm going to go dig back through and look for it. I agree him as scum is a terrifying thought, but so is loosing him if he is town.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:53:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:48:06 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:


However, I will point out that khaos simply shifted the discussion from himself onto me with minimal explanation, when it should be quite clear that he ought to be the one under questioning right now. He killed our vigilante.

I win with the town.
Question away. Although, my thought process should speak for itself.
Keep in mind one of my reasons for lynching him, if the event he was town, was that he was detrimental given his inattention to the game... a point I believe you agreed with Lucky on, and why your vote is on Sparkies in the other game.

Also, ascetic means nothing. For all we know, you are ninja saying you can't be tracked. Even if you are ascetic, it doesn't prove you are town in any way.
My work here is, finally, done.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:00:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:47:50 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:36:30 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:14:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Khaos single handedly convinced town to lynch one of our most powerful roles. Because khaos has a history of overwhelming paranoia, I will not VTL him for death (yet), but I VTL khaos For full claim. He is the most dangerous player here, were he scum, and I think that atop his lead on the lynch of our vigilante warrants a full investigation. We need to know if we can trust him to be honest, or if he will try to lynch another townie.

Here I go again.
VTL Pots

Your methodology last DP and the other game are in stark comparison.
I believe you are scum in one of them.
Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

I think my soft claim should be enough for now.
I can't imagine there being another non-human out there.

Can you please point out the difference?

Last DP, you said I was being scummy for scumhunting, yet went along with it.

Last DP you led the entire town on what I rightly recognized as a wild goose chase, wasted everyone's time, and killed our Vig. I was the only one there who saw through your tall tale rhetoric, and I opposed the lynch. Turns out I was right.

I also realized that, unfortunately, once you got everyone going on said wild goose chase, no one would pay attention to anything else, and no scum hunting would be done. So I Hammered xlav, though I was still confidant in his innocence, for the greater good of the town.

In the other game, you accuse me of being a detriment to the town, yet I am the only one scumhunting, in this series, IMO. It seems contradictory.

Au contrair, I too am scum hunting.

Everyone should VTL Khaos, put him at L-2, and hammer him if he doesn't start answering questions.
We need to figure out if he is just a paranoid townie, or if he might have an ulterior motive.

Also, Khaos admits to being possibly the only non-human in the game. There, ladies and gents, is a notable distinction in our theme. Would that not suit a TP, or even mafia?


Outside of CC's, what has any member of the town done in hunting scum?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:04:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:53:40 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:48:06 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:


However, I will point out that khaos simply shifted the discussion from himself onto me with minimal explanation, when it should be quite clear that he ought to be the one under questioning right now. He killed our vigilante.

I win with the town.
Question away. Although, my thought process should speak for itself.

First off, full role and justification. Night action results, if applicable.

Keep in mind one of my reasons for lynching him, if the event he was town, was that he was detrimental given his inattention to the game... a point I believe you agreed with Lucky on, and why your vote is on Sparkies in the other game.

No. You clearly did not read closely enough. I disagree very clearly with luck on that point, but I choose my battles.


Also, ascetic means nothing. For all we know, you are ninja saying you can't be tracked. Even if you are ascetic, it doesn't prove you are town in any way.

I am fully aware of that, hence the IWWTT. You're turn.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:12:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 10:00:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:47:50 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:36:30 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:14:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Khaos single handedly convinced town to lynch one of our most powerful roles. Because khaos has a history of overwhelming paranoia, I will not VTL him for death (yet), but I VTL khaos For full claim. He is the most dangerous player here, were he scum, and I think that atop his lead on the lynch of our vigilante warrants a full investigation. We need to know if we can trust him to be honest, or if he will try to lynch another townie.

Here I go again.
VTL Pots

Your methodology last DP and the other game are in stark comparison.
I believe you are scum in one of them.
Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

I think my soft claim should be enough for now.
I can't imagine there being another non-human out there.

Can you please point out the difference?

Last DP, you said I was being scummy for scumhunting, yet went along with it.

Last DP you led the entire town on what I rightly recognized as a wild goose chase, wasted everyone's time, and killed our Vig. I was the only one there who saw through your tall tale rhetoric, and I opposed the lynch. Turns out I was right.

Congratulations.
You killed your very own town read. Kudos.

I also realized that, unfortunately, once you got everyone going on said wild goose chase, no one would pay attention to anything else, and no scum hunting would be done. So I Hammered xlav, though I was still confidant in his innocence, for the greater good of the town.

You forget, I was not hunting anymore, and only answering questions and clarifying my position. I was not stopping you or anyone else from hunting.
Why do you blame me for others', including your own, failure?

In the other game, you accuse me of being a detriment to the town, yet I am the only one scumhunting, in this series, IMO. It seems contradictory.

Au contrair, I too am scum hunting.
Really, what was your scum hunt last DP?
If you mean you are scum that is hunting, then I agree with you, as that is what you are doing now.
You are capitalizing on a mislynch to put suspicion on me.
What about XLAV's behavior screamed town to you?
What about my thought process screams scum to you?


Everyone should VTL Khaos, put him at L-2, and hammer him if he doesn't start answering questions.
What questions?
You asked for a role, which I don't want to give.
Obviously, if you get the votes, I will do so.

However, the question is, why am I inherently scummy where I need to be pressured like this?
Asking for my role is not asking me questions.
We need to figure out if he is just a paranoid townie, or if he might have an ulterior motive.

Also, Khaos admits to being possibly the only non-human in the game. There, ladies and gents, is a notable distinction in our theme. Would that not suit a TP, or even mafia?

If you are shallow, I suppose.


Outside of CC's, what has any member of the town done in hunting scum?
My work here is, finally, done.
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:15:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Reading over the last DP, that lynch was bullsh!t. Khaos is just leading the noobs around on witch hunts. I'm not going to try to persuade you, at least not yet. Re-read last DP only looking at Khaos' posts. Try to understand why he said the things that he did. Was he investigating or lobbying votes? I think you will come to the same conclusion that I did. Townies don't lobby, they investigate. VTL Khaos.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:22:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Khaos (2/5) - Pots, Lucky
Pots (1/5) - Khaos
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Posts: 13,703
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:22:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 10:15:53 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Reading over the last DP, that lynch was bullsh!t. Khaos is just leading the noobs around on witch hunts. I'm not going to try to persuade you, at least not yet. Re-read last DP only looking at Khaos' posts. Try to understand why he said the things that he did. Was he investigating or lobbying votes? I think you will come to the same conclusion that I did. Townies don't lobby, they investigate. VTL Khaos.

Wtf...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:22:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 10:12:06 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 10:00:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:47:50 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:36:30 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:35:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:14:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Khaos single handedly convinced town to lynch one of our most powerful roles. Because khaos has a history of overwhelming paranoia, I will not VTL him for death (yet), but I VTL khaos For full claim. He is the most dangerous player here, were he scum, and I think that atop his lead on the lynch of our vigilante warrants a full investigation. We need to know if we can trust him to be honest, or if he will try to lynch another townie.

Here I go again.
VTL Pots

Your methodology last DP and the other game are in stark comparison.
I believe you are scum in one of them.
Let's test the waters here, in the game that is less important.

I think my soft claim should be enough for now.
I can't imagine there being another non-human out there.

Can you please point out the difference?

Last DP, you said I was being scummy for scumhunting, yet went along with it.

Last DP you led the entire town on what I rightly recognized as a wild goose chase, wasted everyone's time, and killed our Vig. I was the only one there who saw through your tall tale rhetoric, and I opposed the lynch. Turns out I was right.

Congratulations.
You killed your very own town read. Kudos.

I also realized that, unfortunately, once you got everyone going on said wild goose chase, no one would pay attention to anything else, and no scum hunting would be done. So I Hammered xlav, though I was still confidant in his innocence, for the greater good of the town.

You forget, I was not hunting anymore, and only answering questions and clarifying my position. I was not stopping you or anyone else from hunting.
Why do you blame me for others', including your own, failure?

Why do I blame you? Because you led the lynch! My only failure was my inability to convince everyone that you were filling their heads up with rubbish.


In the other game, you accuse me of being a detriment to the town, yet I am the only one scumhunting, in this series, IMO. It seems contradictory.

Au contrair, I too am scum hunting.
Really, what was your scum hunt last DP?

Unfortunately, I was forced to spend last DP trying to save our vig instead of looking for scum. In order to resolve that, I ended your escapade in the only fashion possible, for the sole purpose of enabling town to scumhunt without you're false accusations to think about. And it worked. I am scum hunting right now by grilling you. As I said before, we will get your full role or I will push my darnedest for your death.

If you mean you are scum that is hunting, then I agree with you, as that is what you are doing now.
You are capitalizing on a mislynch to put suspicion on me.
What about XLAV's behavior screamed town to you?

I go off my gut, and my gut told me he was town. His comments had an honesty, even desperation, to them that only a noob townie with no outlet could produce. Regardless, I was right.

What about my thought process screams scum to you?

The fact that the whole intent behind it was to kill a townie.



Everyone should VTL Khaos, put him at L-2, and hammer him if he doesn't start answering questions.
What questions?
You asked for a role, which I don't want to give.
Obviously, if you get the votes, I will do so.

However, the question is, why am I inherently scummy where I need to be pressured like this?
Asking for my role is not asking me questions.
We need to figure out if he is just a paranoid townie, or if he might have an ulterior motive.

Also, Khaos admits to being possibly the only non-human in the game. There, ladies and gents, is a notable distinction in our theme. Would that not suit a TP, or even mafia?

If you are shallow, I suppose.


Outside of CC's, what has any member of the town done in hunting scum?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:23:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 10:22:32 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2014 10:15:53 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Reading over the last DP, that lynch was bullsh!t. Khaos is just leading the noobs around on witch hunts. I'm not going to try to persuade you, at least not yet. Re-read last DP only looking at Khaos' posts. Try to understand why he said the things that he did. Was he investigating or lobbying votes? I think you will come to the same conclusion that I did. Townies don't lobby, they investigate. VTL Khaos.

Wtf...

I replaced in.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
jopo
Posts: 509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:24:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 10:22:32 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2014 10:15:53 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Reading over the last DP, that lynch was bullsh!t. Khaos is just leading the noobs around on witch hunts. I'm not going to try to persuade you, at least not yet. Re-read last DP only looking at Khaos' posts. Try to understand why he said the things that he did. Was he investigating or lobbying votes? I think you will come to the same conclusion that I did. Townies don't lobby, they investigate. VTL Khaos.

Wtf...

You're dead .... ? We lynched you last dp?
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:26:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 10:22:32 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2014 10:15:53 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Reading over the last DP, that lynch was bullsh!t. Khaos is just leading the noobs around on witch hunts. I'm not going to try to persuade you, at least not yet. Re-read last DP only looking at Khaos' posts. Try to understand why he said the things that he did. Was he investigating or lobbying votes? I think you will come to the same conclusion that I did. Townies don't lobby, they investigate. VTL Khaos.

Wtf...

Aren't you dead? Ghost are not allowed to talk, I believe.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:26:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 10:04:28 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:53:40 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:48:06 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:


However, I will point out that khaos simply shifted the discussion from himself onto me with minimal explanation, when it should be quite clear that he ought to be the one under questioning right now. He killed our vigilante.

I win with the town.
Question away. Although, my thought process should speak for itself.

First off, full role and justification. Night action results, if applicable.
Dobby.
Not giving it.
I opted to do nothing last night.

Keep in mind one of my reasons for lynching him, if the event he was town, was that he was detrimental given his inattention to the game... a point I believe you agreed with Lucky on, and why your vote is on Sparkies in the other game.

No. You clearly did not read closely enough. I disagree very clearly with luck on that point, but I choose my battles.
Then explain this deviation:
http://www.debate.org...

Or this:
http://www.debate.org...

Why did you abondon your solid town read on XLAV?
Vig would have been 80% confirmable, and since you and he thought I was scum, he would have killed me. Is it because you wanted a lynch?


Also, ascetic means nothing. For all we know, you are ninja saying you can't be tracked. Even if you are ascetic, it doesn't prove you are town in any way.

I am fully aware of that, hence the IWWTT. You're turn.

If you are fully aware, then why did you say you were mod confirmable?
I, too, have a mod confirmable role.
However, it doesn't take effect yet, as I have not elected it yet.
And, unlike your role, it is 100% town, by design.
My work here is, finally, done.
XLAV
Posts: 13,703
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:27:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 10:24:38 PM, jopo wrote:
At 2/5/2014 10:22:32 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/5/2014 10:15:53 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Reading over the last DP, that lynch was bullsh!t. Khaos is just leading the noobs around on witch hunts. I'm not going to try to persuade you, at least not yet. Re-read last DP only looking at Khaos' posts. Try to understand why he said the things that he did. Was he investigating or lobbying votes? I think you will come to the same conclusion that I did. Townies don't lobby, they investigate. VTL Khaos.

Wtf...

You're dead .... ? We lynched you last dp?
Sorry, I didn't realized Lucky replaced Noumena. I'll stop posting now.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 10:31:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 10:26:09 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 10:04:28 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:53:40 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:48:06 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:


However, I will point out that khaos simply shifted the discussion from himself onto me with minimal explanation, when it should be quite clear that he ought to be the one under questioning right now. He killed our vigilante.

I win with the town.
Question away. Although, my thought process should speak for itself.

First off, full role and justification. Night action results, if applicable.
Dobby.

Figured as much...

Not giving it.
I opted to do nothing last night.

Right...


Keep in mind one of my reasons for lynching him, if the event he was town, was that he was detrimental given his inattention to the game... a point I believe you agreed with Lucky on, and why your vote is on Sparkies in the other game.

No. You clearly did not read closely enough. I disagree very clearly with luck on that point, but I choose my battles.
Then explain this deviation:
http://www.debate.org...

Or this:
http://www.debate.org...

You're links take me to entire pages. Could you provide the post numbers?


Why did you abondon your solid town read on XLAV?

Reference? Post number?

Vig would have been 80% confirmable, and since you and he thought I was scum, he would have killed me. Is it because you wanted a lynch?


Also, ascetic means nothing. For all we know, you are ninja saying you can't be tracked. Even if you are ascetic, it doesn't prove you are town in any way.

I am fully aware of that, hence the IWWTT. You're turn.

If you are fully aware, then why did you say you were mod confirmable?
I, too, have a mod confirmable role.
However, it doesn't take effect yet, as I have not elected it yet.
And, unlike your role, it is 100% town, by design.

I never said I was mod Confirmable. Are you claiming innocent child? That you will be mod confirmed? If so, then I would recommend using it now, so that we can all focus on scum hunting rather than on you.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!