Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 20.3: DP4

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:25:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
DIED IN THE NIGHT

DudeStop - You are Lilly Potter. Because you used your love to shield Harry from harm, you are the Doctor. Each night you may select a player. You will protect them from death. You may not protect yourself. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD


DudeStop
Tyler
Jopo
XLAV
7th

LIVING PLAYERS

Khaos
Lucky
Pots
Yay
YYW

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
Since I want to wrap this up, the DP ends at 6:00pm DDO time, on 2/10/14.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:30:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This makes it easy. I am the even-night watcher. I watched Khaos NP2 because he claimed that he was using Seraph Knight that night, making him a prime roleblock/redirect target. He was visited by both DudeStop and YYW. Khaos' action went through, ergo either Pots is lying about being Ascetic, or YYW is a redirector. Let's hear YYW's claim and then lynch between the two.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:37:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 6:37:09 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Why the sudden inactivity?

This. Can we please get a move on, people?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:39:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 6:30:13 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
This makes it easy. I am the even-night watcher. I watched Khaos NP2 because he claimed that he was using Seraph Knight that night, making him a prime roleblock/redirect target. He was visited by both DudeStop and YYW. Khaos' action went through, ergo either Pots is lying about being Ascetic, or YYW is a redirector. Let's hear YYW's claim and then lynch between the two.

As for how I know that you are cunning and slick, as I said before, I cannot elaborate without breaking rules, but you know exactly what I am talking about.

You could be lying about this, but it is possible that YYW is indeed a redirector. Also, khaos never answered as to how he knows that his action went through.

YYW, did you indee visit khaos last night?

Khaos, are you aware of being visited last night?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:42:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 6:39:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:30:13 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
This makes it easy. I am the even-night watcher. I watched Khaos NP2 because he claimed that he was using Seraph Knight that night, making him a prime roleblock/redirect target. He was visited by both DudeStop and YYW. Khaos' action went through, ergo either Pots is lying about being Ascetic, or YYW is a redirector. Let's hear YYW's claim and then lynch between the two.

As for how I know that you are cunning and slick, as I said before, I cannot elaborate without breaking rules, but you know exactly what I am talking about.

So you have no argument? Speak specifically to my play this game then. What is it that I have done this game that makes you think I'm scum?

You could be lying about this, but it is possible that YYW is indeed a redirector. Also, khaos never answered as to how he knows that his action went through.

YYW, did you indee visit khaos last night?

Khaos, are you aware of being visited last night?
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:47:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Lucky (1/3) - Pots
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:49:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 6:42:47 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:39:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:30:13 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
This makes it easy. I am the even-night watcher. I watched Khaos NP2 because he claimed that he was using Seraph Knight that night, making him a prime roleblock/redirect target. He was visited by both DudeStop and YYW. Khaos' action went through, ergo either Pots is lying about being Ascetic, or YYW is a redirector. Let's hear YYW's claim and then lynch between the two.

As for how I know that you are cunning and slick, as I said before, I cannot elaborate without breaking rules, but you know exactly what I am talking about.

So you have no argument? Speak specifically to my play this game then. What is it that I have done this game that makes you think I'm scum?

As I said before, I go with my gut, and it has yet to fail me. You lurked for the first half of the game, you are the last to claim (besides YYW), accused three people of guilt while I am practically sure of their allegiance.

I say the scum team is yourself and YYW. Yay is confirmed, I trust khaos as town, and I know my own allegiance. You and YYW are indeed scum.

You could be lying about this, but it is possible that YYW is indeed a redirector. Also, khaos never answered as to how he knows that his action went through.

YYW, did you indee visit khaos last night?

Khaos, are you aware of being visited last night?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:50:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
@khaos, are you 100% sure that your action went through? How do you know?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:52:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 6:49:20 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:42:47 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:39:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:30:13 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
This makes it easy. I am the even-night watcher. I watched Khaos NP2 because he claimed that he was using Seraph Knight that night, making him a prime roleblock/redirect target. He was visited by both DudeStop and YYW. Khaos' action went through, ergo either Pots is lying about being Ascetic, or YYW is a redirector. Let's hear YYW's claim and then lynch between the two.

As for how I know that you are cunning and slick, as I said before, I cannot elaborate without breaking rules, but you know exactly what I am talking about.

So you have no argument? Speak specifically to my play this game then. What is it that I have done this game that makes you think I'm scum?

As I said before, I go with my gut, and it has yet to fail me. You lurked for the first half of the game, you are the last to claim (besides YYW), accused three people of guilt while I am practically sure of their allegiance.

I lurked when? I replaced into DP2. I barely posted because of out-of-game events that had me rather depressed, which Khaos himself can confirm because I talk to him out-of-game about real life occurrences. My inactivity in this game matches my inactivity in the other. I started posting slightly sooner in the other because I love league and I'm pretty sure the DP in this game was stagnant at the time.

I say the scum team is yourself and YYW. Yay is confirmed, I trust khaos as town, and I know my own allegiance. You and YYW are indeed scum.

You could be lying about this, but it is possible that YYW is indeed a redirector. Also, khaos never answered as to how he knows that his action went through.

YYW, did you indee visit khaos last night?

Khaos, are you aware of being visited last night?
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:54:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 6:52:08 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:49:20 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:42:47 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:39:35 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:30:13 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
This makes it easy. I am the even-night watcher. I watched Khaos NP2 because he claimed that he was using Seraph Knight that night, making him a prime roleblock/redirect target. He was visited by both DudeStop and YYW. Khaos' action went through, ergo either Pots is lying about being Ascetic, or YYW is a redirector. Let's hear YYW's claim and then lynch between the two.

As for how I know that you are cunning and slick, as I said before, I cannot elaborate without breaking rules, but you know exactly what I am talking about.

So you have no argument? Speak specifically to my play this game then. What is it that I have done this game that makes you think I'm scum?

As I said before, I go with my gut, and it has yet to fail me. You lurked for the first half of the game, you are the last to claim (besides YYW), accused three people of guilt while I am practically sure of their allegiance.

I lurked when? I replaced into DP2. I barely posted because of out-of-game events that had me rather depressed, which Khaos himself can confirm because I talk to him out-of-game about real life occurrences. My inactivity in this game matches my inactivity in the other. I started posting slightly sooner in the other because I love league and I'm pretty sure the DP in this game was stagnant at the time.

Be that as it may, you are scum. POE doesn't lie.


I say the scum team is yourself and YYW. Yay is confirmed, I trust khaos as town, and I know my own allegiance. You and YYW are indeed scum.

You could be lying about this, but it is possible that YYW is indeed a redirector. Also, khaos never answered as to how he knows that his action went through.

YYW, did you indee visit khaos last night?

Khaos, are you aware of being visited last night?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:55:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
How am I scum by PoE? Why can't ascetic be mafia? Why can't Seraph Knight be mafia? You need to think beyond the small box that you have been playing in. You would never make it through one of my games. ^_^
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:57:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 6:55:22 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
How am I scum by PoE? Why can't ascetic be mafia? Why can't Seraph Knight be mafia? You need to think beyond the small box that you have been playing in. You would never make it through one of my games. ^_^

Au contrair, I've hit the nail on the head.

You are scum. This is, of course, conditional on me being town. Point out one scummy thing I have done so far. Just one.

Yay is confirmed, and it am sure that khaos is town. That leaves you and YYW.i don't care which one we lynch, but we lynch one of you tonight.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:58:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 6:55:22 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
How am I scum by PoE? Why can't ascetic be mafia? Why can't Seraph Knight be mafia? You need to think beyond the small box that you have been playing in. You would never make it through one of my games. ^_^

I tend not to make it through any game, but the conclusions I come to in the meantime are generally correct. Xlav is an example.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 6:59:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 6:57:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:55:22 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
How am I scum by PoE? Why can't ascetic be mafia? Why can't Seraph Knight be mafia? You need to think beyond the small box that you have been playing in. You would never make it through one of my games. ^_^

Au contrair, I've hit the nail on the head.

You are scum. This is, of course, conditional on me being town. Point out one scummy thing I have done so far. Just one.

You obviously don't know my playstyle. I don't look for reasons people are scum. I'm waiting on YYW to claim.

Yay is confirmed, and it am sure that khaos is town. That leaves you and YYW.i don't care which one we lynch, but we lynch one of you tonight.

That's your thoughts. There are 4 other players. ^_^
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 7:00:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 6:58:58 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:55:22 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
How am I scum by PoE? Why can't ascetic be mafia? Why can't Seraph Knight be mafia? You need to think beyond the small box that you have been playing in. You would never make it through one of my games. ^_^

I tend not to make it through any game, but the conclusions I come to in the meantime are generally correct. Xlav is an example.

I'm generally scum read as town, even by the best townies on the site. You aren't a prodigy, just another player doing the same thing that the rest did.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 7:03:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 7:00:17 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:58:58 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:55:22 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
How am I scum by PoE? Why can't ascetic be mafia? Why can't Seraph Knight be mafia? You need to think beyond the small box that you have been playing in. You would never make it through one of my games. ^_^

I tend not to make it through any game, but the conclusions I come to in the meantime are generally correct. Xlav is an example.

I'm generally scum read as town, even by the best townies on the site. You aren't a prodigy, just another player doing the same thing that the rest did.

Not claiming to be a prodigy. Either khaos is a far better actor than I give him credit, or he is town. Yay is confirmed. Regardless of how you acted or how I have you read, you must be scum, unless there is only one scum.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 7:06:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 6:59:34 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:57:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 6:55:22 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
How am I scum by PoE? Why can't ascetic be mafia? Why can't Seraph Knight be mafia? You need to think beyond the small box that you have been playing in. You would never make it through one of my games. ^_^

Au contrair, I've hit the nail on the head.

You are scum. This is, of course, conditional on me being town. Point out one scummy thing I have done so far. Just one.

You obviously don't know my playstyle. I don't look for reasons people are scum. I'm waiting on YYW to claim.

Yay is confirmed, and it am sure that khaos is town. That leaves you and YYW.i don't care which one we lynch, but we lynch one of you tonight.

That's your thoughts. There are 4 other players. ^_^

Regardless of how many people think as I do, i am right. You brought us down to 3:2, and plan to rely on your powers of persuasion to convince town to misslynch. The exact same tactic I used when I was scum, and it worked, as khaos can confirm.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 7:08:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VTL Pots

Unlike you, I asked what would happen.
I was not informed my action would fail, had I targeted you.
I was not informed of being roleblocked.

I also don't trust Lucky's convienent watcher claim.
My work here is, finally, done.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 7:09:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 7:04:52 PM, yay842 wrote:
I flipped a coin
VTL Pots

Regardless of whether you think that I am scum or not, do you agree that YYW is scum?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 7:10:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Pot, I'm going to do you a favor and introduce you to higher-level thematic analysis.

Here are the roles confirmed via death:

Vigilante
3-shot Role Cop
Odd-Night Tracker
Hated Townie
Doctor (No Self-Protect)

There were 10 players alive.

Here are the claimed roles:

Seraph Knight
Ascetic
Even-Night Watcher
Unlynchable
???

We agree that YYW is probably scum. So let's not worry about his possible claim.

Let's also assume 2/10 mafia. In this setup, the vig is massively more likely to mis-vig than not, given the setup is 1/5 scum rather than being closer to 1/3, where vigs are more effective. Seraph Knight is unable to adapt as the game goes on. Hated townie is also in the game. He's a forced mislynch, or else the mafia win 1 round early.

Are you saying that with all of these drawbacks, the towns only investigators are a role cop who doesn't receive affiliation and an odd-night tracker? The tracker would probably track twice during the game, with three role investigations. If the mafia have roles that are conceivably townie, as you believe I do, then the role cop is effectively useless.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 7:11:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 7:08:24 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
VTL Pots

Unlike you, I asked what would happen.
I was not informed my action would fail, had I targeted you.
I was not informed of being roleblocked.

You are basing your conclusion on lack of information. This is a shaky base.

I also don't trust Lucky's convienent watcher claim.

Neither do I trust him.

I believe this was the hammer vote.

GG to lucky. Scum has won.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 7:12:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 7:11:37 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 7:08:24 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
VTL Pots

Unlike you, I asked what would happen.
I was not informed my action would fail, had I targeted you.
I was not informed of being roleblocked.

You are basing your conclusion on lack of information. This is a shaky base.

I also don't trust Lucky's convienent watcher claim.

Neither do I trust him.

I believe this was the hammer vote.

GG to lucky. Scum has won.

It's not end-game yet. You were lying, via Khaos' analysis, ergo we have 1 more scum.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 7:12:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
well i lost track at this point, if you guys agree YYW is scum, why not lynch him?
Unvote VTL YYW
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 7:13:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 7:12:34 PM, yay842 wrote:
well i lost track at this point, if you guys agree YYW is scum, why not lynch him?
Unvote VTL YYW

Khaos proved that Pots was lying. YYW could be scum, but may be town, we're not sure yet.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 7:13:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 7:12:25 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 2/9/2014 7:11:37 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 7:08:24 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
VTL Pots

Unlike you, I asked what would happen.
I was not informed my action would fail, had I targeted you.
I was not informed of being roleblocked.

You are basing your conclusion on lack of information. This is a shaky base.

I also don't trust Lucky's convienent watcher claim.

Neither do I trust him.

I believe this was the hammer vote.

GG to lucky. Scum has won.

It's not end-game yet. You were lying, via Khaos' analysis, ergo we have 1 more scum.

The game is over. I am town. The game would not be over had I been scum, but I am not. Ergo GG.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 7:14:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 7:13:56 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 7:12:25 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 2/9/2014 7:11:37 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/9/2014 7:08:24 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
VTL Pots

Unlike you, I asked what would happen.
I was not informed my action would fail, had I targeted you.
I was not informed of being roleblocked.

You are basing your conclusion on lack of information. This is a shaky base.

I also don't trust Lucky's convienent watcher claim.

Neither do I trust him.

I believe this was the hammer vote.

GG to lucky. Scum has won.

It's not end-game yet. You were lying, via Khaos' analysis, ergo we have 1 more scum.

The game is over. I am town. The game would not be over had I been scum, but I am not. Ergo GG.

If you aren't mafia, then who is? What's a possible explanation? I'm town. If I was mafia, I'd just admit it at this point, I would know the game to be over. You are mafia.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014