Total Posts:295|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 21.1: DP2

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2014 11:35:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
LIVING PLAYERS

Josh
YYW
Jopo
GCL
Splash
Khaos
Oromagi
XLAV
Tyler
Fazz

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 10:00pm DDO time, on 2/14/14.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Josh_b
Posts: 1,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2014 11:39:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
wow, it must mean that the protector did a great job at choosing the right person to save from getting night lynched.
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2014 11:42:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/11/2014 11:37:24 PM, YYW wrote:
Did no one die in the night?

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the solution.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Josh_b
Posts: 1,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 12:09:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am the watcher and I used my night actions against GCL, but they failed.
I made my intentions very clear against GCL in DP1.
So either a role blocker (YYW) or some other role prevented me from seeing the actions of GCL.

I move for an immediate vote to lynch GCL, and YYW.
VTL GCL
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 12:13:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/11/2014 11:42:24 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 2/11/2014 11:37:24 PM, YYW wrote:
Did no one die in the night?

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the solution.

it's - the possimpible
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 12:14:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 12:13:21 AM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/11/2014 11:42:24 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 2/11/2014 11:37:24 PM, YYW wrote:
Did no one die in the night?

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the solution.

it's - the possimpible

lol...sure.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 12:14:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

GCL (1/6) - Josh
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 12:22:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

GCL (1/6) - Josh
Josh (1/6) - YYW
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Posts: 13,708
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 12:27:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think Fazz is not scum because he wasn't online the whole NP. He probably has a passive role too.

bsh, do scums need to all agree who to NK and who will perform the NK, or only the majority of the scums?
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 12:36:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 12:27:25 AM, XLAV wrote:
I think Fazz is not scum because he wasn't online the whole NP. He probably has a passive role too.

bsh, do scums need to all agree who to NK and who will perform the NK, or only the majority of the scums?

A majority of the mafia squad would need to agree on the NK and the perp.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Josh_b
Posts: 1,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 1:14:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 12:19:21 AM, YYW wrote:
Interesting.

VTL Josh.

motherfvcker is scum.

don't you think I would have just voted to night lynch GCL if I were scum and I wouldn't be complaining that my watcher actions were blocked.
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
Oromagi
Posts: 857
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 2:31:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 1:14:20 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/12/2014 12:19:21 AM, YYW wrote:
Interesting.

VTL Josh.

motherfvcker is scum.

don't you think I would have just voted to night lynch GCL if I were scum and I wouldn't be complaining that my watcher actions were blocked.

I don't think so. Josh says either he was blocked by YYW as roleblocker, which has to be a good guy or by some other block. The only other block is a doctor preventing a murder. If Josh is honestly the watcher, then he has confirmation that YYW is a town role and would not accuse YYW. If Josh was blocked by the doctor, then he was on a mission to kill. So, Josh is either lying or murdering.

VTL Josh
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 6:24:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Slow down everyone.
Whipping votes out left and right.

I have said this before Josh, you need to use your words better, and pay attention to them.
Josh, what exactly were your results?
My work here is, finally, done.
XLAV
Posts: 13,708
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 6:31:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Claims List

1. Josh - claimed Watcher
2. YYW - claimed Role-blocker
3. Jopo
4. GCL
5. Splash
6. Khaos - claimed Bomb
7. Oromagi
8. XLAV - claimed Sidekick
9. Tyler - claimed Cop
10. Fazz

*Pot - Town Advisor
*Possible Doctor role
XLAV
Posts: 13,708
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 6:40:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 12:19:21 AM, YYW wrote:
Interesting.

VTL Josh.

motherfvcker is scum.

Following Khaos' question,
YYW, who did you role-block?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 7:03:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 2:31:14 AM, Oromagi wrote:
At 2/12/2014 1:14:20 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/12/2014 12:19:21 AM, YYW wrote:
Interesting.

VTL Josh.

motherfvcker is scum.

don't you think I would have just voted to night lynch GCL if I were scum and I wouldn't be complaining that my watcher actions were blocked.

I don't think so. Josh says either he was blocked by YYW as roleblocker, which has to be a good guy or by some other block. The only other block is a doctor preventing a murder. If Josh is honestly the watcher, then he has confirmation that YYW is a town role and would not accuse YYW. If Josh was blocked by the doctor, then he was on a mission to kill. So, Josh is either lying or murdering.

VTL Josh

Doctors don't roleblock their targets. If a doctor protected Josh, he still would have his action.
On DDO, those are generally called jailkeepers.
My work here is, finally, done.
Josh_b
Posts: 1,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:04:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 2:31:14 AM, Oromagi wrote:
At 2/12/2014 1:14:20 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/12/2014 12:19:21 AM, YYW wrote:
Interesting.

VTL Josh.

motherfvcker is scum.

don't you think I would have just voted to night lynch GCL if I were scum and I wouldn't be complaining that my watcher actions were blocked.

I don't think so. Josh says either he was blocked by YYW as roleblocker, which has to be a good guy or by some other block. The only other block is a doctor preventing a murder. If Josh is honestly the watcher, then he has confirmation that YYW is a town role and would not accuse YYW. If Josh was blocked by the doctor, then he was on a mission to kill. So, Josh is either lying or murdering.

VTL Josh

role blocker is both a town and a scum role. If there are two role blockers, one good and one bad, then I believe GCL may also be a role blocker.Or, YYW's actions were just misplaced against town. But it prevented me from seeing actions of GCL which has been my target since yesterday. (maybe I shouldn't have been so adamant about it.) Whether or not it was YYW or someone else, my night actions were
"watch GCL"
and the response was
"Your actions failed"

GCL couldn't have known that splash wasn't going to participate, she could have only known that splash wasn't going to out herself.
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:07:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 8:04:43 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/12/2014 2:31:14 AM, Oromagi wrote:
At 2/12/2014 1:14:20 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/12/2014 12:19:21 AM, YYW wrote:
Interesting.

VTL Josh.

motherfvcker is scum.

don't you think I would have just voted to night lynch GCL if I were scum and I wouldn't be complaining that my watcher actions were blocked.

I don't think so. Josh says either he was blocked by YYW as roleblocker, which has to be a good guy or by some other block. The only other block is a doctor preventing a murder. If Josh is honestly the watcher, then he has confirmation that YYW is a town role and would not accuse YYW. If Josh was blocked by the doctor, then he was on a mission to kill. So, Josh is either lying or murdering.

VTL Josh

role blocker is both a town and a scum role. If there are two role blockers, one good and one bad, then I believe GCL may also be a role blocker.Or, YYW's actions were just misplaced against town. But it prevented me from seeing actions of GCL which has been my target since yesterday. (maybe I shouldn't have been so adamant about it.) Whether or not it was YYW or someone else, my night actions were
"watch GCL"
and the response was
"Your actions failed"

GCL couldn't have known that splash wasn't going to participate, she could have only known that splash wasn't going to out herself.

I still don't understand your suspicion of her.
Are you saying she and Splash are mafia together and hatched this plan?
My work here is, finally, done.
jopo
Posts: 509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:08:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 12:09:22 AM, Josh_b wrote:
I am the watcher and I used my night actions against GCL, but they failed.
So there was a potential you were role blocked, GCL could be Aesthetic, or you could just be lying.
I made my intentions very clear against GCL in DP1.
Yes, yes you did.
So either a role blocker (YYW) or some other role prevented me from seeing the actions of GCL.

I move for an immediate vote to lynch GCL, and YYW.
Why? Explain how you determined that they were both mafia? Because this is the part where you logic falls apart for me. It's almost like you're using a syllogism.

All cats are evil.
Object A doesn't bark, therefore it must be a cat because that is the only option!!!
OBJECT A IS EVIL.

It just doesn't add up to me.
VTL GCL
jopo
Posts: 509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:25:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 2:31:14 AM, Oromagi wrote:
At 2/12/2014 1:14:20 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/12/2014 12:19:21 AM, YYW wrote:
Interesting.

VTL Josh.

motherfvcker is scum.

don't you think I would have just voted to night lynch GCL if I were scum and I wouldn't be complaining that my watcher actions were blocked.

I don't think so. Josh says either he was blocked by YYW as roleblocker, which has to be a good guy or by some other block. The only other block is a doctor preventing a murder.
I think Josh meant or some other role that blocks an action, to protect himself from someone saying "well how do you know it was role blocker and not ____?" but there isn't another role in this game that has that. He wasn't trying to say "my action was blocked!!!!!" regardless of what that action was, he was saying his action as watcher was blocked. Whether or not he is watcher is TBD, but I don't agree with the jump that, "since he said he was blocked, it might have been a kill that was blocked ergo he is mafia!" - while he may be mafia, this wouldn't be the reasoning I used to support that.
If Josh is honestly the watcher, then he has confirmation that YYW is a town role and would not accuse YYW. If Josh was blocked by the doctor, then he was on a mission to kill. So, Josh is either lying or murdering.

VTL Josh
jopo
Posts: 509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:26:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 12:19:21 AM, YYW wrote:
Interesting.

VTL Josh.

motherfvcker is scum.

Please explain you're reasoning, if you are roleblocker (which for now seems reasonable) you can have unique insight into this.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:27:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 8:08:41 AM, jopo wrote:
At 2/12/2014 12:09:22 AM, Josh_b wrote:
I am the watcher and I used my night actions against GCL, but they failed.
So there was a potential you were role blocked, GCL could be Aesthetic, or you could just be lying.
Or redirected.

Furthermore, why would mafia fear a watcher targeting them?
I made my intentions very clear against GCL in DP1.
Yes, yes you did.
So either a role blocker (YYW) or some other role prevented me from seeing the actions of GCL.

I move for an immediate vote to lynch GCL, and YYW.
Why? Explain how you determined that they were both mafia? Because this is the part where you logic falls apart for me. It's almost like you're using a syllogism.

All cats are evil.
Object A doesn't bark, therefore it must be a cat because that is the only option!!!
OBJECT A IS EVIL.

It just doesn't add up to me.

None of his logic makes sense to me.
GCL is a nice person, therefore she wouldn't have defended herself or wanted a claim for another (which I believe I suggested). Wut?
Plus, he has changed his story, plus he isn't really answering the questions I pose to him.

I am really starting to overcome my noob townie paranoia.
VTL GCL
My work here is, finally, done.
Josh_b
Posts: 1,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:28:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 8:07:40 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:04:43 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/12/2014 2:31:14 AM, Oromagi wrote:
At 2/12/2014 1:14:20 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/12/2014 12:19:21 AM, YYW wrote:
Interesting.

VTL Josh.

motherfvcker is scum.

don't you think I would have just voted to night lynch GCL if I were scum and I wouldn't be complaining that my watcher actions were blocked.

I don't think so. Josh says either he was blocked by YYW as roleblocker, which has to be a good guy or by some other block. The only other block is a doctor preventing a murder. If Josh is honestly the watcher, then he has confirmation that YYW is a town role and would not accuse YYW. If Josh was blocked by the doctor, then he was on a mission to kill. So, Josh is either lying or murdering.

VTL Josh

role blocker is both a town and a scum role. If there are two role blockers, one good and one bad, then I believe GCL may also be a role blocker.Or, YYW's actions were just misplaced against town. But it prevented me from seeing actions of GCL which has been my target since yesterday. (maybe I shouldn't have been so adamant about it.) Whether or not it was YYW or someone else, my night actions were
"watch GCL"
and the response was
"Your actions failed"

GCL couldn't have known that splash wasn't going to participate, she could have only known that splash wasn't going to out herself.

I still don't understand your suspicion of her.
Are you saying she and Splash are mafia together and hatched this plan?

maybe I'm just telling you the answer and not the questions that led me to the answer,

Why did GCL make bigsplash's role a prerequisite for outing her role?
did she know that splash wasn't going to participate, or did she know that splash wouldn't claim her role?
Why wasn't thebigsplash mod killed for not participating?
Is bsh1 a really awesome guy and just forgiving like that, or did splash silently participate?
Who would role block me from watching GCL?
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:30:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 8:25:06 AM, jopo wrote:
At 2/12/2014 2:31:14 AM, Oromagi wrote:
At 2/12/2014 1:14:20 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/12/2014 12:19:21 AM, YYW wrote:
Interesting.

VTL Josh.

motherfvcker is scum.

don't you think I would have just voted to night lynch GCL if I were scum and I wouldn't be complaining that my watcher actions were blocked.

I don't think so. Josh says either he was blocked by YYW as roleblocker, which has to be a good guy or by some other block. The only other block is a doctor preventing a murder.
I think Josh meant or some other role that blocks an action, to protect himself from someone saying "well how do you know it was role blocker and not ____?" but there isn't another role in this game that has that. He wasn't trying to say "my action was blocked!!!!!" regardless of what that action was, he was saying his action as watcher was blocked. Whether or not he is watcher is TBD, but I don't agree with the jump that, "since he said he was blocked, it might have been a kill that was blocked ergo he is mafia!" - while he may be mafia, this wouldn't be the reasoning I used to support that.
If Josh is honestly the watcher, then he has confirmation that YYW is a town role and would not accuse YYW. If Josh was blocked by the doctor, then he was on a mission to kill. So, Josh is either lying or murdering.

VTL Josh

Actually, if mafia knew josh was watcher, and he was going to target GCL, wouldn't the fact that he was roleblocked mean she is town and likely the NK target, thus protecting their identity?
My work here is, finally, done.
jopo
Posts: 509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:30:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 8:27:24 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:08:41 AM, jopo wrote:
At 2/12/2014 12:09:22 AM, Josh_b wrote:
I am the watcher and I used my night actions against GCL, but they failed.
So there was a potential you were role blocked, GCL could be Aesthetic, or you could just be lying.
Or redirected.

Furthermore, why would mafia fear a watcher targeting them?
I made my intentions very clear against GCL in DP1.
Yes, yes you did.
So either a role blocker (YYW) or some other role prevented me from seeing the actions of GCL.

I move for an immediate vote to lynch GCL, and YYW.
Why? Explain how you determined that they were both mafia? Because this is the part where you logic falls apart for me. It's almost like you're using a syllogism.

All cats are evil.
Object A doesn't bark, therefore it must be a cat because that is the only option!!!
OBJECT A IS EVIL.

It just doesn't add up to me.

None of his logic makes sense to me.
GCL is a nice person, therefore she wouldn't have defended herself or wanted a claim for another (which I believe I suggested). Wut?
Plus, he has changed his story, plus he isn't really answering the questions I pose to him.

I am really starting to overcome my noob townie paranoia.
Meaning you fos him as mafia? Cause if so I'd like to hear from YYW on this as well (hence why I reply/quoted him). His actions are really starting to annoy me; however, since we had a NL yesterday, and no kill last night, we are still at least in a comfortable position. Undeniably we need to make progress, but at least there isn't the same pressure as if we were down a townie or two.
VTL GCL
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:33:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 8:28:54 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:07:40 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:04:43 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/12/2014 2:31:14 AM, Oromagi wrote:
At 2/12/2014 1:14:20 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/12/2014 12:19:21 AM, YYW wrote:
Interesting.

VTL Josh.

motherfvcker is scum.

don't you think I would have just voted to night lynch GCL if I were scum and I wouldn't be complaining that my watcher actions were blocked.

I don't think so. Josh says either he was blocked by YYW as roleblocker, which has to be a good guy or by some other block. The only other block is a doctor preventing a murder. If Josh is honestly the watcher, then he has confirmation that YYW is a town role and would not accuse YYW. If Josh was blocked by the doctor, then he was on a mission to kill. So, Josh is either lying or murdering.

VTL Josh

role blocker is both a town and a scum role. If there are two role blockers, one good and one bad, then I believe GCL may also be a role blocker.Or, YYW's actions were just misplaced against town. But it prevented me from seeing actions of GCL which has been my target since yesterday. (maybe I shouldn't have been so adamant about it.) Whether or not it was YYW or someone else, my night actions were
"watch GCL"
and the response was
"Your actions failed"

GCL couldn't have known that splash wasn't going to participate, she could have only known that splash wasn't going to out herself.

I still don't understand your suspicion of her.
Are you saying she and Splash are mafia together and hatched this plan?

maybe I'm just telling you the answer and not the questions that led me to the answer,

Why did GCL make bigsplash's role a prerequisite for outing her role?
did she know that splash wasn't going to participate, or did she know that splash wouldn't claim her role?
See below.
Also, wasn't I the person to suggest it? Sure, she chose Splash, but why would mafia tie themselves to each other like that?
Why wasn't thebigsplash mod killed for not participating?
Is bsh1 a really awesome guy and just forgiving like that, or did splash silently participate?

He hasn't been on in two days, therefore, he has been unable to participate.
And, no, I wouldn't mod kill someone for not logging on since before the game even started.
Who would role block me from watching GCL?
1. GCL was NK target.
2. You are lying.
3. YYW didn't know any better.
4. You targeted ascetic

The much, much, much better question is:
why didn't you watch the cop?
My work here is, finally, done.
jopo
Posts: 509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:35:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 8:30:04 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:25:06 AM, jopo wrote:
At 2/12/2014 2:31:14 AM, Oromagi wrote:
At 2/12/2014 1:14:20 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/12/2014 12:19:21 AM, YYW wrote:
Interesting.

VTL Josh.

motherfvcker is scum.

don't you think I would have just voted to night lynch GCL if I were scum and I wouldn't be complaining that my watcher actions were blocked.

I don't think so. Josh says either he was blocked by YYW as roleblocker, which has to be a good guy or by some other block. The only other block is a doctor preventing a murder.
I think Josh meant or some other role that blocks an action, to protect himself from someone saying "well how do you know it was role blocker and not ____?" but there isn't another role in this game that has that. He wasn't trying to say "my action was blocked!!!!!" regardless of what that action was, he was saying his action as watcher was blocked. Whether or not he is watcher is TBD, but I don't agree with the jump that, "since he said he was blocked, it might have been a kill that was blocked ergo he is mafia!" - while he may be mafia, this wouldn't be the reasoning I used to support that.
If Josh is honestly the watcher, then he has confirmation that YYW is a town role and would not accuse YYW. If Josh was blocked by the doctor, then he was on a mission to kill. So, Josh is either lying or murdering.

VTL Josh

Actually, if mafia knew josh was watcher, and he was going to target GCL, wouldn't the fact that he was roleblocked mean she is town and likely the NK target, thus protecting their identity?

Well roleblocker is only a town role this game I think, so mafia wouldn't have decided to block him. So while I'd agree with the logic if the roleblock was done by mafia, it would have to be a townie that blocked him, acting on a fos.

We also have to keep in mind, even if Josh was roleblocked that doesn't mean he is the mafia; while it would place a strong likelihood on that, he could be legitimately a watcher and a protective role could've blocked the kill. I'm not sure how fond I'll be of that idea if it comes out he was roleblocked, but it's definitely one to consider.