Beginners' Mafia 21.2: DP2

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 1:16:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Oromagi - You are the Bomb. If killed at night, you kill whoever killed you. You win with the town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

YYW - You are the Survivor. You win when another faction has met its win condition. Joint wins are possible

LIVING PLAYERS

Josh
Jopo
GCL
Pots
Khaos
XLAV
Tyler
Fazz

Pots is replacing Splash.

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at noon DDO time, on 2/22/14.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 1:19:45 PM
Just in the moment's before dawn, the ghost of YYW was heard by all and the ghost said:

"You are all perfectly worthless, and killing Oro was stupid on the town's part -as was explicitly clear by the fact that Oro's role was so blatantly what it was."
jopo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 1:23:39 PM
I am just about to head into class and then I'm probably going to be busy, basically non-stop for the next ohhhh 6 hours-ish. That being said, I probably won't be that active during this time. I have no actions to report from last np, and while I haven't officially role claimed, I will say that I soft claimed before in the last dp.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 1:46:20 PM
At 2/20/2014 1:19:45 PM, YYW wrote:
Just in the moment's before dawn, the ghost of YYW was heard by all and the ghost said:

"You are all perfectly worthless, and killing Oro was stupid on the town's part -as was explicitly clear by the fact that Oro's role was so blatantly what it was."

-_-

No posting in the DP. The dead don't talk, you know.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 1:50:19 PM
At 2/20/2014 1:46:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:

-_-

YYW's ghost begs to differ. But this will be a brief haunting, for YYW's ghost has other things to do than troll mafia forums.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 1:54:14 PM
At 2/20/2014 1:50:19 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/20/2014 1:46:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:

-_-

YYW's ghost begs to differ. But this will be a brief haunting, for YYW's ghost has other things to do than troll mafia forums.

http://www.bing.com...

The YYW ghost had better stop differing and start begging. The mod takes no sass.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 2:40:47 PM
At 2/20/2014 1:28:39 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
Someone has some 'splainin to do!!!

What do I have to 'splain?
VTL Pots for being a replacement
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 2:48:01 PM
At 2/20/2014 1:23:39 PM, jopo wrote:
I am just about to head into class and then I'm probably going to be busy, basically non-stop for the next ohhhh 6 hours-ish. That being said, I probably won't be that active during this time. I have no actions to report from last np, and while I haven't officially role claimed, I will say that I soft claimed before in the last dp.

You did?
Me too.

So, my fear was that there may be a janitor, which would have explained Oro's wanting to rush the DP and lynch only actives. In that event, I wanted a mass claim, and XLAV was to choose his target: the janitored townie.
Obviously, the mafia don't have one, or are unaware of how to use it properly. And, they did town a favor by eliminating the TP.

Oh, and remember when I said noob town =/= scum...

So, we are likely dealing with 2 mafia, and I have no problem lynching XLAV now, unless a better target comes along.
I still think he should target the most suspicious person in his mind, though.

In fact, to aid him, I think everyone should either claim or pick three roles, of which yours is one.
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 3:25:26 PM
At 2/20/2014 2:40:47 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I never said you had to explain. The tinfoil is strong with this one.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 3:29:29 PM
At 2/20/2014 3:25:26 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
At 2/20/2014 2:40:47 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I never said you had to explain. The tinfoil is strong with this one.

ROFLMFAO!!! So true...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

jopo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 3:41:23 PM
At 2/20/2014 2:48:01 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

You did?
Me too.

So, my fear was that there may be a janitor, which would have explained Oro's wanting to rush the DP and lynch only actives. In that event, I wanted a mass claim, and XLAV was to choose his target: the janitored townie.
Obviously, the mafia don't have one, or are unaware of how to use it properly. And, they did town a favor by eliminating the TP.

So, we are likely dealing with 2 mafia, and I have no problem lynching XLAV now, unless a better target comes along.

In fact, to aid him, I think everyone should either claim or pick three roles, of which yours is one.

Ok (got a quick break in) at this point I guess I'll just claim - I'm commuter, hence why when I talked about Khaos' meta I said "can't touch this" because you can't touch this *points to self* at night. Really not sure how "strong" of a soft claim that was, but it was something I knew I could go back to. I was hesitant to claim this earlier because I know that with this role, even if you confirm it you won't confirm my affiliation and I've seen people take heat for that in the past.

Your move.

And for people who are reluctant to claim as well, I would advocate for the three role plan because it gives us something to go off of and build some reads off of without completely compromising you. For me I figured at this point it would be a little silly because basically I would do commuter, bp and aesthetic probably and really at that point I figured I'd just come clean.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 3:57:48 PM
At 2/20/2014 3:41:23 PM, jopo wrote:
At 2/20/2014 2:48:01 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

You did?
Me too.

Ok (got a quick break in) at this point I guess I'll just claim - I'm commuter, hence why when I talked about Khaos' meta I said "can't touch this" because you can't touch this *points to self* at night. Really not sure how "strong" of a soft claim that was, but it was something I knew I could go back to. I was hesitant to claim this earlier because I know that with this role, even if you confirm it you won't confirm my affiliation and I've seen people take heat for that in the past.

Your move.

And for people who are reluctant to claim as well, I would advocate for the three role plan because it gives us something to go off of and build some reads off of without completely compromising you. For me I figured at this point it would be a little silly because basically I would do commuter, bp and aesthetic probably and really at that point I figured I'd just come clean.

Oh, I'm not taking a turn, and I didn't mean for you to, either.
I meant anyone who doesn't have already have a soft claim.
And, for the record, it wasn't too bad, but not too good, either. It leaves wiggle room.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 4:02:31 PM
At 2/20/2014 3:34:35 PM, XLAV wrote:
Lol, I'm alive.

Assume we were going to lynch either jopo or Tyler, who would you choose?
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 4:04:34 PM
Hiya folks!

A number of things I want to say.
A) khaos is playing according to his normal town play. I'm not saying he is town, but I am saying he is not my immediate suspicion as scum.

B) Seeing as we know who the survivor is, I highly doubt the presence of Another TP. That said, we are likely dealing with two scum.

C) I have a very good reason for keeping my role secret. It is a x-shot role, and I want it to fulfill its full potential before I tell anyone what it is. This means that unless I am about to be hammered for, no one will be getting my role until, at the very soonest, DP3.

If anyone thinks that this is scummy, then I refer you to beginner mafia 18.1 and 18.2, where I was town, and I played according to this style.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 4:10:12 PM
At 2/20/2014 4:04:34 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Hiya folks!

A) khaos is playing according to his normal town play. I'm not saying he is town, but I am saying he is not my immediate suspicion as scum.

B) Seeing as we know who the survivor is, I highly doubt the presence of Another TP. That said, we are likely dealing with two scum.

C) I have a very good reason for keeping my role secret. It is a x-shot role, and I want it to fulfill its full potential before I tell anyone what it is. This means that unless I am about to be hammered for, no one will be getting my role until, at the very soonest, DP3.

If anyone thinks that this is scummy, then I refer you to beginner mafia 18.1 and 18.2, where I was town, and I played according to this style.

Solve for "x" please.
Also, will you please narrow the field down to three or four potential roles?
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 4:12:48 PM
At 2/20/2014 4:10:12 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Hiya folks!

Solve for "x" please.

Nope. That's absolutely secret.

Also, will you please narrow the field down to three or four potential roles?

I can cause death.

PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 4:19:17 PM
At 2/20/2014 4:18:05 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/20/2014 4:12:48 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Of jopo and Tyler, who is more suspicious?

I need to go back and retread their posts to decide. Give me a couple mins.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 4:21:43 PM
GCL, it is time for you to claim your role, please.
Tell us what role you have.
Also, tell us what you did last night.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 4:28:11 PM
Claims list:

Josh - ???
Jopo - commuter
GCL - watcher?
Pots - ???
Khaos - ???
XLAV - Oracale
Tyler - PGO
Fazz - ???

YYW - Survivor
Oro - Bomb
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 6:07:10 PM
Okay, so... ??
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 6:09:08 PM
At 2/20/2014 4:21:43 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

SO the point of the game is to always tell what you did the night time and having to make claims?.. That is correct, right?.. Sorry,.. I feel like I'm always slowing y'all down..
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 6:25:01 PM
At 2/20/2014 6:09:08 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/20/2014 4:21:43 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

SO the point of the game is to always tell what you did the night time and having to make claims?.. That is correct, right?.. Sorry,.. I feel like I'm always slowing y'all down..

No, the point of the game, if you are town, is to eliminate (lynch) all scum (mafia and third party).
If you are mafia, it is to eliminate townies (night kills) until you control the town (make up 50% of the living players).
If you are third party, it is to achieve your win condition, whatever that may be.

So, I am asking you for your role and what you did last night, so we can analyze it.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:11:58 PM
Hiya folks!

Halloha n' Welcome.

Firsst, TP? and PGO for jopo- what are these?

Second, If its not JOPO or Khaos, who is your pick POTS.

... And I am Vanallaa (but some people call me 'fudge' ;)
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:16:37 PM
Claims List
Alive:
Josh - ???
Jopo - Commuter
GCL - Watcher?
Pots - ???
Khaos - ???
XLAV - Oracale
Tyler - PGO
Fazz - Vanilla

Dead:
YYW - Survivor
Oro - Bomb
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:58:27 PM
VOTE COUNT

Fazz (1/5) - Khaos
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:58:36 PM
At 2/20/2014 7:11:58 PM, fazz wrote:
Hiya folks!

Halloha n' Welcome.

Firsst, TP? and PGO for jopo- what are these?
TP = Third party. They often do not win with the town or the mafia. They have their own win condition (wincon). See my post to GodChoosesLife for a description of wincons for mafia and town.
PGO - paranoid gun owner, and its not for jopo, its Tyler. That is a role.

Second, If its not JOPO or Khaos, who is your pick POTS.

... And I am Vanallaa (but some people call me 'fudge' ;)

Where are you from Fazz?