Jump to topic:

Random Match-ups

ElCoyote
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 1:40:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The goal of this is just for nerds like me to just talk about characters or groups from games and other stuff and match them up with someone completely random

Like for the first one i would like to pit the Flood (Halo) vs. Zombies (CoD) who would win in a battle
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 1:48:29 PM
At 2/20/2014 1:40:46 PM, ElCoyote wrote:
The goal of this is just for nerds like me to just talk about characters or groups from games and other stuff and match them up with someone completely random

Like for the first one i would like to pit the Flood (Halo) vs. Zombies (CoD) who would win in a battle

Is this even a question? Flood
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ElCoyote
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 1:49:50 PM
Well maybe not. The flood require suitable hosts to spread and multiply. while the zombies virus can infect anything
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 1:51:08 PM
At 2/20/2014 1:49:50 PM, ElCoyote wrote:
Well maybe not. The flood require suitable hosts to spread and multiply. while the zombies virus can infect anything

Zombies can still be suitable hosts. And once the flood infect a host that host is going to be almost infinitely stronger than a horde of zombies.
ElCoyote
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 1:53:31 PM
At 2/20/2014 1:51:08 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Zombies can still be suitable hosts. And once the flood infect a host that host is going to be almost infinitely stronger than a horde of zombies.

No because in the Halo book "The Flood" the flood could not infect Sgt. Avery Johnson
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 1:54:54 PM
At 2/20/2014 1:53:31 PM, ElCoyote wrote:
At 2/20/2014 1:51:08 PM, Zaradi wrote:

No because in the Halo book "The Flood" the flood could not infect Sgt. Avery Johnson

1. I haven't read the books.
2. Doesn't exclude zombies from being suitable hosts.
ElCoyote
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 1:56:24 PM
Ok i won't
As for the Zombies all they would have to do is bite an flood and then said flood would become a zombie
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 2:06:44 PM
At 2/20/2014 1:56:24 PM, ElCoyote wrote:
Ok i won't
As for the Zombies all they would have to do is bite an flood and then said flood would become a zombie

Doubtful. I give the advantage to flood in the ability to spread and control the other side since they've been seen being able to infect multiple different races while zombies have only been seen infecting humans, which is hardly what the Flood are.
ElCoyote
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 2:08:17 PM
At 2/20/2014 2:06:44 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Ok i won't

Doubtful. I give the advantage to flood in the ability to spread and control the other side since they've been seen being able to infect multiple different races while zombies have only been seen infecting humans, which is hardly what the Flood are.

Thats true but for the sake of the argument lets assume zombies can infect other species.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 2:11:40 PM
At 2/20/2014 2:08:17 PM, ElCoyote wrote:
Ok i won't

Thats true but for the sake of the argument lets assume zombies can infect other species.

That's actually a really faulty assumption to make because there's no evidence to point to that being a possibility. All zombie lore is based around human physiology, which doesn't give us any information as to what zombie infection would do to the Flood.

But even if I did go for that assumption, it would just cancel each other out: zombies could infect Flood. Flood could infect zombies. Not a whole lot changes. It would come down to who had the better combat ability, and that goes to the Flood easily.
ElCoyote
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 2:13:24 PM
At 2/20/2014 2:11:40 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 2/20/2014 2:08:17 PM, ElCoyote wrote:
Ok i won't

That's actually a really faulty assumption to make because there's no evidence to point to that being a possibility. All zombie lore is based around human physiology, which doesn't give us any information as to what zombie infection would do to the Flood.

But even if I did go for that assumption, it would just cancel each other out: zombies could infect Flood. Flood could infect zombies. Not a whole lot changes. It would come down to who had the better combat ability, and that goes to the Flood easily.

And i agree with you whole-heartily i was just trying to play devils advocate.
Zombies are to slow and clumsly and the infection forms and combat forms are more agile and extrememly quick