Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 9:59:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Congratulations, town! You win!

First place: Town

TDK/Yraelz/FT, you are KAYLE, the JUDICATOR. You have a one-shot bulletproof ability. You win with the town.

Dudestop/TA, you are SORAKA, the STARCHILD. You are the doctor. You also have a one-shot ability to protect everyone from death for one night phase. You win with the town.

SolonKR, you are RIVEN, the EXILE. You have a one-shot vigilante ability. You win with the town.

Yay, you are QUINN, DEMACIA'S WINGS. You may watch one player on odd nights, and track one player on even nights. You win with the town.

XLAV, you are TRISTANA, the MEGLING GUNNER. You are VANILLA. You win with the town.

PotBelliedGeek, you are LUX, the LADY OF LUMINOSITY. You have a one-shot dayvig ability. You win with the town.

Hatstand, you are LISSANDRA, the ICE WITCH. You have a one-shot roleblock ability. You win with the town.

Tyler, you are SONA, the MAVEN OF THE STRINGS. You have a one-shot doctor ability. You win with the town.

Sparkies, you are ANIVIA, the CRYOPHOENIX. You are a vanilla. You win with the town.

Tied for Second: Mafia

Lucky_Luciano, you are DARIUS, the HAND OF NOXUS. You have a one-shot strongman ability. You also have a one-shot dayvig ability. You win with the mafia.

Khaos, you are ZILEAN, the CHRONOKEEPER. You have a one-shot mafia doctor ability. You win with the mafia.

Tied for Second: TP

Aloke, you are KHA'ZIX, the VOIDREAVER. You are an evolving serial killer. Upon successful kill, you will gain a new ability to aid you in your killing. You win by yourself.

First Kill - Gain one-shot strongman
Second Kill - Gain one-shot bulletproof
Third Kill - Gain Kill Reset (if first kill successful, gains one additional kill that night)

Night Actions:

Night Phase One:

Aloke Kills Tyler
Yay watches Lucky
Dudestop protects himself
Tyler waives
Solon kills Hatstand
Hatstand waives
Mafia kills PotBelliedGeek

Night Phase Two:

Aloke kills Khaos (fails)
Mafia strongman kills Yay
Yay tracks Khaos
Dudestop protects everyone

Night Phase Three:

Aloke strongman kills Khaos
Mafia kills Aloke
Dudestop protects self

Roles were created based off of character abilities in game, not lore (sorry Mestari).
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:04:20 AM
At 2/21/2014 9:59:48 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Congratulations, town! You win!

First place: Town

TDK/Yraelz/FT, you are KAYLE, the JUDICATOR. You have a one-shot bulletproof ability. You win with the town.

Dudestop/TA, you are SORAKA, the STARCHILD. You are the doctor. You also have a one-shot ability to protect everyone from death for one night phase. You win with the town.

SolonKR, you are RIVEN, the EXILE. You have a one-shot vigilante ability. You win with the town.

Yay, you are QUINN, DEMACIA'S WINGS. You may watch one player on odd nights, and track one player on even nights. You win with the town.

XLAV, you are TRISTANA, the MEGLING GUNNER. You are VANILLA. You win with the town.

PotBelliedGeek, you are LUX, the LADY OF LUMINOSITY. You have a one-shot dayvig ability. You win with the town.

Hatstand, you are LISSANDRA, the ICE WITCH. You have a one-shot roleblock ability. You win with the town.

Tyler, you are SONA, the MAVEN OF THE STRINGS. You have a one-shot doctor ability. You win with the town.

Sparkies, you are ANIVIA, the CRYOPHOENIX. You are a vanilla. You win with the town.

Tied for Second: Mafia

Lucky_Luciano, you are DARIUS, the HAND OF NOXUS. You have a one-shot strongman ability. You also have a one-shot dayvig ability. You win with the mafia.

Khaos, you are ZILEAN, the CHRONOKEEPER. You have a one-shot mafia doctor ability. You win with the mafia.

Tied for Second: TP

Aloke, you are KHA'ZIX, the VOIDREAVER. You are an evolving serial killer. Upon successful kill, you will gain a new ability to aid you in your killing. You win by yourself.

First Kill - Gain one-shot strongman
Second Kill - Gain one-shot bulletproof
Third Kill - Gain Kill Reset (if first kill successful, gains one additional kill that night)

Night Actions:

Night Phase One:

Aloke Kills Tyler
Yay watches Lucky
Dudestop protects himself
Tyler waives
Solon kills Hatstand
Hatstand waives
Mafia kills PotBelliedGeek

Night Phase Two:

Aloke kills Khaos (fails)
Mafia strongman kills Yay
Yay tracks Khaos
Dudestop protects everyone

Night Phase Three:

Aloke strongman kills Khaos
Mafia kills Aloke
Dudestop protects self

Roles were created based off of character abilities in game, not lore (sorry Mestari).

Yay.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:18:22 AM
I know I didn't do much, but I feel glad.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:44:09 AM
At 2/21/2014 10:42:36 AM, XLAV wrote:
Lol, mafia and SK killed each other.

Eh, I knew he was coming after me.
Might as well tie for second, than get last alone.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:44:37 AM
At 2/21/2014 10:44:09 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/21/2014 10:42:36 AM, XLAV wrote:
Lol, mafia and SK killed each other.

Eh, I knew he was coming after me.
Might as well tie for second, than get last alone.

I also figure there was no way he'd be protected.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 4:56:39 PM
At 2/21/2014 1:30:07 PM, Aloke wrote:
You see, this is why sheeping is a great tactic. Good job Yraelz and FT.

Haha, I always thought sheeping is great too!

I'm honestly surprised we somehow managed to change Solon's opinion. He was dead set on, "Khaos and Lucky are town, FT is mafia," for pretty much the whole game.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 5:03:45 PM
At 2/21/2014 4:56:39 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

I'm honestly surprised we somehow managed to change Solon's opinion. He was dead set on, "Khaos and Lucky are town, FT is mafia," for pretty much the whole game.

My intuition told me you guys were, even though it seemed increasingly obvious you weren't. Thus, I figured out a way to psych myself out (the false claim) and once and for all do the right thing. I have a habit of intuitioning way too hard. I wanted to believe Khaos; I really did. It's just a matter of separating myself from myself, if that makes any sense.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 7:02:41 PM
At 2/21/2014 6:32:55 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Lucky, why miss fortune?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this:

I gave scum fake claims. I provided Aloke with Ashe, and Mestari and Khaos with MF and Morgana.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 8:21:21 PM
i watched Lucky and tracked Khaos. coincidence? i dont think so. so f*ck you guys
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 9:19:00 PM
At 2/21/2014 8:21:21 PM, yay842 wrote:
i watched Lucky and tracked Khaos. coincidence? i dont think so. so f*ck you guys

I knew we didn't need to kill you...
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 9:20:06 PM
At 2/21/2014 9:19:00 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

but why did you anyway?
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 9:20:34 PM
next time i guess on mafia, 69% they are
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 9:20:45 PM
At 2/21/2014 5:03:45 PM, SolonKR wrote:

My intuition told me you guys were, even though it seemed increasingly obvious you weren't. Thus, I figured out a way to psych myself out (the false claim) and once and for all do the right thing. I have a habit of intuitioning way too hard. I wanted to believe Khaos; I really did. It's just a matter of separating myself from myself, if that makes any sense.

No offense, but your fake claim reaction test was dumb.
What would you expect them to do as town? Question you?
What would you expect them to do as scum? Question you?

It ended with the right choice (for you), but I didn't see the logic behind it.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 9:21:45 PM
At 2/21/2014 9:20:06 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/21/2014 9:19:00 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

but why did you anyway?

In case you didn't.
And your randomness, while a potential asset, was a huge risk.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:23:22 PM

I think Lucky missed two opportunities on two DPs to hammer you, which sucked.
BTW, did your role really have to be activated?
Mine didn't.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 3:21:00 PM
At 2/21/2014 10:23:22 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I think Lucky missed two opportunities on two DPs to hammer you, which sucked.
BTW, did your role really have to be activated?
Mine didn't.

No lol, I lied about that. But unintentionally, I actually misunderstood by role because in response to this question:

"Have I used my role already?"

Zaradi said, "Not yet." And then NP2 I said, "waive night action" and he didn't mention that that didn't make any sense.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 3:27:01 PM
At 2/21/2014 9:20:34 PM, yay842 wrote:
next time i guess on mafia, 69% they are

Next time I see any combination of the words "flip", "flipped", and "coin" from you, I'm just going to lynch you. You're a huge town risk when you play like that. Not only am I permanently scared that you're going to randomly hammer a townie, but more importantly you're obfuscating every read I have.

I'm sitting there trying to delineate motivations behind what people are doing, and you're busy getting everyone to react to nonsensical trolling. Perversely half of their reactions are counter trolling which means I'm actually wading through a quagmire of crap reactions where I can't tell what anyone's motivation really is. Because honestly, counter trolling would be justified, even if it hurt town. And thus, your behavior effectively shields the mafia's actions and gives them way more leeway to do w/e they want.
Yraelz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 3:36:14 PM
At 2/21/2014 9:20:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Actually I think it was the smartest thing I saw in this game. My explanation is below.

Town, at that point in the game, had a pretty good idea that there must be 2 mafia and 1 SK. Lynching the SK would be a near autoloss because then mafia would just shoot the 1 guy that hadn't claimed BP/doctor: Solon. Which means that it was actually in the mafia's interest to lynch Aloke.

So when I saw Solon's new claim I basically flipped sh!t. Because his claim was going to get Aloke killed which meant town loss. It also meant that I automatically suspected that Solon was Lucky's partner because I knew Aloke had to be SK. Thus Solon was intentionally misleading in an attempt to frame Aloke as a mafioso.

From a scum perspective Solon's new claim would look like pure gold. I mean, you would be worried that there were two third party factions, but it would effectively derail lucky's lynch. And more importantly it would result in the death of Aloke which would be a near autowin. The most expected scum reaction to what Solon said was just to wait and see what other townies did, and then bandwagon if they started to vote against Aloke.

And thus, neither your nor Lucky said anything. Meanwhile FT and I basically decided that the town was fkked.

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 5:39:36 PM
At 2/22/2014 3:36:14 PM, Yraelz wrote:
At 2/21/2014 9:20:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Actually I think it was the smartest thing I saw in this game. My explanation is below.

Town, at that point in the game, had a pretty good idea that there must be 2 mafia and 1 SK. Lynching the SK would be a near autoloss because then mafia would just shoot the 1 guy that hadn't claimed BP/doctor: Solon. Which means that it was actually in the mafia's interest to lynch Aloke.

So when I saw Solon's new claim I basically flipped sh!t. Because his claim was going to get Aloke killed which meant town loss. It also meant that I automatically suspected that Solon was Lucky's partner because I knew Aloke had to be SK. Thus Solon was intentionally misleading in an attempt to frame Aloke as a mafioso.

From a scum perspective Solon's new claim would look like pure gold. I mean, you would be worried that there were two third party factions, but it would effectively derail lucky's lynch. And more importantly it would result in the death of Aloke which would be a near autowin. The most expected scum reaction to what Solon said was just to wait and see what other townies did, and then bandwagon if they started to vote against Aloke.

And thus, neither your nor Lucky said anything. Meanwhile FT and I basically decided that the town was fkked.

Also, the reason I was so quick to retract the claim is because the only person I needed to get a reaction from was Yraelz/FT. The only 3 possible mafiosos were Yraelz/FT, Lucky, and Khaos; when I got townish reactions from the both of them (the post that validates my method, by the way, is "Real claim and role now"). Couple that with the facts that 2 of them were trying to scumread the other, and Khaos was trying to get the SK lynched which would be awful for town and a horrid alternative to lynching scum, and it became pretty clear.
My only regret is that I wasn't paying enough attention sooner... also, maybe for the fact that I was responsible for Hats' death.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 2:51:12 AM
A few notes:

1) The reaction test was 100% confirmation bias. The only reason that Khaos and I didn't respond exactly like FT/Yraelz - we didn't respond at all actually - was because we were both offline when it happened. It was also clearly a lie. If he was really the lyncher and had to lynch FT/Yraelz, he would have just tried to have gotten them lynched. He wouldn't claim lyncher and then try to lynch somebody else completely.

2) Aloke deciding he was unilaterally declaring himself the town vigilante made the game a lot harder for the mafia.

3) The mafia was extremely weak in this game. 2/11 players is already less than the 1/5th minimum that you usually don't want to cross. We also had 0 control in our arsenal. We had kill-more and die-less powers, but no manipulation, which is the centerpiece of a strong mafia. For the record, I was going to shoot Khaos the moment he posted in the DP. The only reason I didn't was because when I went to put my action through, his name being in the mafia pm reminded me that he was on my team. We decided to tie ourselves together because it was unlikely that we'd get to a 1:1, and also unlikely that I'd be able to make it to a 2:1 with a vanilla claim (we didn't know the town also had 1x roles) in order to shoot for a win. The fact that both of our roles were duplicated by town members also sucked. Both of us were going to be CCed if we claimed roles that were not necessarily mafia, and we were both expected to CC townies if we didn't want to fake claim, which we shouldn't be forced to do with affiliation-neutral roles. On top of that, the SK had a strong-man and if Khaos protected me and was lynched later, it'd be obvious I was mafia. It was pretty much impossible for one of us to win if the other was lynched so we felt forced into tying ourselves together. We definitely would have enjoyed having options in how to play the game.

4) Don't give us fake claims that are going to screw us. Giving Khaos Morgana made it inevitable he'd claim it. Having Kayle in the game also means that he'll probably die early while people are determining theme. We're lucky that wasn't that case in this game. Also, giving me Miss Fortune when I'm a dayvig, and you determined roles off of abilities rather than lore, gives me 0 grounds to provide role justification.

5) I really liked that most roles were 1x. It's different for sure. My concern is the number of killing roles and that the mafia lacked control.

6) Me having to be inactive recently really hurt the mafia too. I could have hammered FT/Yraelz DP2 which would have helped immensely.

Overall, it was an okay game.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 12:10:35 PM
At 2/23/2014 2:51:12 AM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
A few notes:

1) The reaction test was 100% confirmation bias. The only reason that Khaos and I didn't respond exactly like FT/Yraelz - we didn't respond at all actually - was because we were both offline when it happened. It was also clearly a lie. If he was really the lyncher and had to lynch FT/Yraelz, he would have just tried to have gotten them lynched. He wouldn't claim lyncher and then try to lynch somebody else completely.

Except it wasn't. Read above. I didn't need your responses because it was just to A) confirm what I had begun to think, B) the aforementioned reason that him on a scum team with one of you made no sense, and C... just read above.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 1:19:51 PM
At 2/23/2014 12:10:35 PM, SolonKR wrote:
A few notes:

Except it wasn't. Read above. I didn't need your responses because it was just to A) confirm what I had begun to think, B) the aforementioned reason that him on a scum team with one of you made no sense, and C... just read above.

Like I said. 100& confirmation bias.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 6:17:44 PM
At 2/23/2014 1:19:51 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
A few notes:

Whatever boats your float.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:20:14 AM
At 2/23/2014 6:17:44 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 2/23/2014 1:19:51 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
A few notes:

Whatever boats your float.

I'm not saying that it didn't work. I'm just saying that it's confirmation bias, so it wasn't sound logic. Confirmation bias is when you favor information that confirms what you already believe. You specifically stated that your 'reaction test' was, "just to confirm what [you] had begun to think." That's confirmation bias. In the end you made the right decision and you guys won, so it didn't matter anyway. In future games it might though, which is why I point it out.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 2:11:50 AM
@Lucky,

High number of killing roles plus SK introduces some randomness, of course, but that applies to both town and mafia. I think the mafia had more control than you suggest. You guys basically had a double kill because of the day-vig, which is one of the strongest mafia weapons available. You had lots of moves to make.

Personally, I would have just shot Khaos on D1 or D2, and taken the town-credit for doing that. Doing that, I'm pretty sure you could have coasted to a win, given the players in the game. Especially if you then Strongman killed us. Solon/Dude/Yay would never have lynched you after day-vigging mafia.