bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 9:41:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mafia Wins!

MAFIA (3rd Place)

GCL - You are the Suicide Bomber. During the day, you may select a player for death. You die also. You win with the mafia.

Josh - You are the Bus Driver. Each night, you may select two players. Each player's actions will be rerouted to the other. You win with the mafia.

Jopo - You are the Commuter. You cannot be targeted by any action at night. Ka-pow! You win with the mafia.

TOWN (2nd Place)

Khaos - You're the 1-shot role blocker. You block role, big surprise. You win with the town.

Pots - You are the 2-shot Vigilante. You may select a player for death twice during the game. You win with the town.

XLAV - You are the Oracle. When you are lynched you may choose a player. Their role will be revealed before the DP ends. You win with the town.

Fazz - You are the Ascetic. You are unaffected by non-lethal actions. You win with the town.

Tyler - You are the hunter. If lynched, you may choose one person for death. You win with the town.

Oromagi - You are the Bomb. If killed at night, you kill whoever killed you. You win with the town.

TP (3rd Place)

YYW - You are the Survivor. You win when another faction has met its win condition. Joint wins are possible.

MOD NOTE

I must apologize--I made two big errors that virtually ensured a scum-win. Firstly, I had three scum members, and I allowed one to be a commuter. I thought that with a Vig, a roleblocker, and an Oracle, town would be fine, but I was wrong. I apologize to town for this grave oversight. The next game will be fair.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 9:43:35 PM
Pots targeted Jopo (which would have failed) and Khaos roleblocked Tyler. No matter what scum did therefore, it would have been 3-3.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 9:55:12 PM
I called the scum team!!!
Thanks a lot XLAV for deciding what to do before I could respond.

If I wasn't at work, I would have explained how GCL and Josh were scum. *sigh*
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 9:58:30 PM
At 2/21/2014 9:43:35 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Pots targeted Jopo (which would have failed) and Khaos roleblocked Tyler. No matter what scum did therefore, it would have been 3-3.

Was that oracle role flavored for a reason?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 9:59:59 PM
At 2/21/2014 9:58:30 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

It was just how I chose to phrase it. Another mistake.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:01:07 PM
At 2/21/2014 9:59:59 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 2/21/2014 9:58:30 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

It was just how I chose to phrase it. Another mistake.

Not that it mattered, but had you revealed my affiliation, I would have RB GCL instead of Tyler.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:01:41 PM
Sooooo, this is the end now? Right?
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:02:31 PM

Unlikely, but if scum bus drove jopo and another scum, wouldn't Pots have killed them.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:03:07 PM
At 2/21/2014 10:01:41 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

This game is over.
Are you still being replaced?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:04:33 PM
At 2/21/2014 10:02:31 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Unlikely, but if scum bus drove jopo and another scum, wouldn't Pots have killed them.

They were planning on bus driving Fazz and Pots.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:05:16 PM

Game 2 is done. Game 3 is about to start. Game 3 is the last of the series, then it's all over.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:05:25 PM
At 2/21/2014 10:03:07 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

This game is over.
Are you still being replaced?

I talked to bsh1, he asked me to kinda stay but as an encouragement type of stay.. So I no I won't be.. I'll still be I'm the game... And it'll probably be another confusing round...
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:05:47 PM
At 2/21/2014 10:05:16 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Game 2 is done. Game 3 is about to start. Game 3 is the last of the series, then it's all over.

Okay..
"Good Times" ~ Max
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:08:56 PM
I would also like to point out that this is precisely why we don't lynch someone simply because it aids the town.

XLAV was clearly town.
By killing him, all we did is replace his target with another, but more importantly, we wasted a lynch, and a vital one at that.
jopo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:12:07 PM
At 2/21/2014 10:02:31 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

We wouldn't because we already discussed how as commuter I couldn't be targeted so that'd make the bus fail.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:12:17 PM
Okay, could someone pleeeeaaaasssseee, explain what and how the role I had should've been used and when to use...
"Good Times" ~ Max
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:14:48 PM
At 2/21/2014 10:12:17 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Okay, could someone pleeeeaaaasssseee, explain what and how the role I had should've been used and when to use...

You could have been anything, since you never said your role.
We thought you were watcher.

The PM would have read something like:
You are the watcher. Each night you may see who visits a player. You win with the town.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:15:59 PM
At 2/21/2014 10:14:03 PM, XLAV wrote:
Mafia is so overpowered. Lol, I knew GCL noob town was an act. We should have lynched her.

Yeah, we should have. And josh.
But, I don't think she was entirely acting, but she didn't know the lie she was supposed to be telling, and was caught.
I only let up because I thought she was being replaced.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:16:19 PM
Mafia is so overpowered. Lol, I knew GCL noob town was an act. We should have lynched her.

I WAS NOT acting... I really was confused, but for some odd reason everyone else was getting confused?? Ask bsh1 and the two others...
"Good Times" ~ Max
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:16:45 PM
With 47 roles and only 10 players, my feeling was town had little chance of parsing out who did what, even after a NP or two. So, I thought the best plan was to get people talking and try to pressure non-town into a lie. I started with Khaos, not because I had any theory about him or even because I thought he would claim (I kind of assumed he wouldn't), but just because I knew he could take the heat and then I would seem less scummy when I applied pressure elsewhere. I wasn't really invested in mass claim, I was just trying to figure out a way to find to pressure noobie scum in the early offing. So, yeah, I was trying to take a leadership role early on, as somebody declared.

Unfortunately, I felt like my bid for leadership was blown by PBGeek's advice that mass claim was stupid. I'm sure it was well intentioned, but after that remark I was demoted to stupid town or cunning scum and I had no chance of projecting pressure elsewhere. After that post, I pretty much assumed I was a goner.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:16:58 PM

Also, they weren't as OP as they seemed.
They only had one real role to use - bus driver.
We had four killing roles to use.
jopo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:18:23 PM
At 2/21/2014 10:16:19 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I WAS NOT acting... I really was confused, but for some odd reason everyone else was getting confused?? Ask bsh1 and the two others...

We were explaining things we could in the PM; however, the confusion did play to our advantage so we figured we'd utilize it as well.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:18:53 PM
At 2/21/2014 10:16:45 PM, Oromagi wrote:
With 47 roles and only 10 players, my feeling was town had little chance of parsing out who did what, even after a NP or two. So, I thought the best plan was to get people talking and try to pressure non-town into a lie. I started with Khaos, not because I had any theory about him or even because I thought he would claim (I kind of assumed he wouldn't), but just because I knew he could take the heat and then I would seem less scummy when I applied pressure elsewhere. I wasn't really invested in mass claim, I was just trying to figure out a way to find to pressure noobie scum in the early offing. So, yeah, I was trying to take a leadership role early on, as somebody declared.

Unfortunately, I felt like my bid for leadership was blown by PBGeek's advice that mass claim was stupid. I'm sure it was well intentioned, but after that remark I was demoted to stupid town or cunning scum and I had no chance of projecting pressure elsewhere. After that post, I pretty much assumed I was a goner.

I only pressured you back because you weren't making any sense, then stopped responding to me altogether.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:20:17 PM
At 2/21/2014 10:18:23 PM, jopo wrote:
At 2/21/2014 10:16:19 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

We were explaining things we could in the PM; however, the confusion did play to our advantage so we figured we'd utilize it as well.

You are lucky you hammered when you did, because I was coming after your teammates, then you (at least your over Tyler).
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:21:11 PM
At 2/21/2014 10:18:23 PM, jopo wrote:

Also, you should sign up for Budda's game.
It will be fun, with a lot of good players, too.
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:22:41 PM
I only pressured you back because you weren't making any sense, then stopped responding to me altogether.

Yeah, its hard to pretend you have any facts in DP1. I was just trying to get some cred as an interrogator before I started on others. After that cred was blown, I really had no back up plan.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:22:52 PM
At 2/21/2014 9:55:12 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I called the scum team!!!
Thanks a lot XLAV for deciding what to do before I could respond.

If I wasn't at work, I would have explained how GCL and Josh were scum. *sigh*

I actually waited 20 minutes for you to respond. You were silent for a long time and I thought you were mafia for not replying. After waiting 20 minutes I slept.