Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Best Game Boy Games

PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 5:06:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What are your favorite Game Boy games?

Keep GBA games to a minimum. I'm mainly looking for games on the original and color.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 6:20:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Donkey Kong and Metroid II, hands down. Super Mario Land 1 and 2 are also good.
For Game Boy Color, I'd say Super Mario Bros. Deluxe.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 6:54:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
On GBC, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. I freaking grew up on that game... it's one of the best enhanced remakes on any system, with tons of unlockables. Pac Attack for the original Game Boy was pretty fun as well from what I can remember. Aside from that I mostly had movie games - Tarzan, Elmo in Grouchland and Toy Story 2, all of which I remember very little about aside from them being hard and/or weird.

On GBA, any of the Super Mario Advance games as well as Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (maybe my favorite Mario RPG). Bionicle: Maze of Shadows is also a good game - nobody played it, but it's a surprisingly good RPG.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 7:06:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
No one had the Pokemon Yellow - Pikachu Edition? Really? How is that not your favorite game?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 7:30:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 7:06:55 PM, Zaradi wrote:
No one had the Pokemon Yellow - Pikachu Edition? Really? How is that not your favorite game?

Parents... although to be fair I probably wouldn't have gotten into Pokemon anyway.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 7:35:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 7:30:33 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 2/23/2014 7:06:55 PM, Zaradi wrote:
No one had the Pokemon Yellow - Pikachu Edition? Really? How is that not your favorite game?

Parents... although to be fair I probably wouldn't have gotten into Pokemon anyway.

It's okay, I suck at pokemon games anyway. I'd always just power-level my starter pokemon and just breeze through the first few gyms and then I'd hit the point where my one starter pokemon can't solo gyms anymore and the nearest level pokemon to my starter is like, 20-30 levels behind and so I'm just sitting there like "Well sh*t".
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 7:39:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Game Boy:
Pokemon Red & Blue
Game Boy Color:
Pokemon Crystal, Perfect Dark
Game Boy Advance:
Pokemon Ruby, Megaman Battle Network 1-6
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 7:43:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 7:39:16 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Game Boy:
Pokemon Red & Blue
Game Boy Color:
Pokemon Crystal, Perfect Dark
Game Boy Advance:
Pokemon Ruby, Megaman Battle Network 1-6

So I see you hate pokemon.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 7:45:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I forgot one

Game Boy Advance:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team

This had to be the GBA's finest hour, along with the time that Capcom made MMBN.
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 7:46:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 7:06:55 PM, Zaradi wrote:
No one had the Pokemon Yellow - Pikachu Edition? Really? How is that not your favorite game?

I have it.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 7:48:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 7:45:37 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
I forgot one

Game Boy Advance:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team

This had to be the GBA's finest hour, along with the time that Capcom made MMBN.

This is actually probably the one sole pokemon game I 100% enjoyed playing simply because I wasn't absolute a** at it. I also really enjoyed the RPG feel to the story-line.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 8:03:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Anyone ever played that one 007 game for the original game boy?
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 8:35:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 8:03:00 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Anyone ever played that one 007 game for the original game boy?

Not me. Have you ever played Perfect Dark, for the Game Boy Color? How about Metal Gear for the Game Boy?
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 8:44:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 7:48:03 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 2/23/2014 7:45:37 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
I forgot one

Game Boy Advance:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team

This had to be the GBA's finest hour, along with the time that Capcom made MMBN.

This is actually probably the one sole pokemon game I 100% enjoyed playing simply because I wasn't absolute a** at it. I also really enjoyed the RPG feel to the story-line.

Since I'm actually younger than 28, when Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team was released that was during my childhood years. Therefore, I think the game has sentimental value. Anyhow, it's got to be better than Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. The Gen. V Mystery Dungeon was crap.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 8:45:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 8:44:06 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 2/23/2014 7:48:03 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 2/23/2014 7:45:37 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
I forgot one

Game Boy Advance:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team

This had to be the GBA's finest hour, along with the time that Capcom made MMBN.

This is actually probably the one sole pokemon game I 100% enjoyed playing simply because I wasn't absolute a** at it. I also really enjoyed the RPG feel to the story-line.

Since I'm actually younger than 28, when Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team was released that was during my childhood years. Therefore, I think the game has sentimental value. Anyhow, it's got to be better than Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. The Gen. V Mystery Dungeon was crap.

Never played that one. I had the Red Mystery Dungeon and then after that I kinda just forgot about Pokemon games.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 8:48:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 8:45:38 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 2/23/2014 8:44:06 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 2/23/2014 7:48:03 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 2/23/2014 7:45:37 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
I forgot one

Game Boy Advance:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team

This had to be the GBA's finest hour, along with the time that Capcom made MMBN.

This is actually probably the one sole pokemon game I 100% enjoyed playing simply because I wasn't absolute a** at it. I also really enjoyed the RPG feel to the story-line.

Since I'm actually younger than 28, when Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team was released that was during my childhood years. Therefore, I think the game has sentimental value. Anyhow, it's got to be better than Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. The Gen. V Mystery Dungeon was crap.

Never played that one. I had the Red Mystery Dungeon and then after that I kinda just forgot about Pokemon games.

If you have a Nintendo DS or Nintendo 3DS, I'd advise you to buy Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness. It's even better than Red Rescue Team, though to me it has less sentimental value.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 8:50:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
To me, the story line is a lot of what makes a game good. And you don't get a much better story line for a game than Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 8:56:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 8:50:15 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
To me, the story line is a lot of what makes a game good. And you don't get a much better story line for a game than Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness.

Agreed. The story in that one was phenomenal and heartbreaking.

GtI was by far the best iteration tactically speaking, but the story was a let down. Also, Serperior's animation is ridiculous. Absolutely bonkers. I literally laughed out loud.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 9:07:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 8:56:19 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 2/23/2014 8:50:15 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
To me, the story line is a lot of what makes a game good. And you don't get a much better story line for a game than Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness.

Agreed. The story in that one was phenomenal and heartbreaking.

GtI was by far the best iteration tactically speaking, but the story was a let down. Also, Serperior's animation is ridiculous. Absolutely bonkers. I literally laughed out loud.

After you complete GTI you go to some dungeon to make a wish and get the main player Pokemon back, but after that there is no story at all. Even Red Rescue Team had more post-game story than that! Also, the "Bittercold" was the arguable most miserable excuse for a Pokemon villain that I've ever seen. They could've made Zekrom and/or Reshiram a villain if they wanted to, but instead they decided to make a giant ice cube the entity that threatens the world.

In Explorers of Time and Darkness, on the other hand, there's still a story line well after you've defeated Dialga, until the final defeat of Darkrai. And I really liked the story line about the dark future and Grovyle and Dusknoir, the time traveling arch-enemies.

Hopefully the Kalos Mystery Dungeon game will do a better job.
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 10:10:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 9:52:42 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
The best Game Boy game of all time is Tetris.

Is this really even debatable? ;)

Good job, Mr. President. I have that!
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 10:10:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 8:35:55 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 2/23/2014 8:03:00 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Anyone ever played that one 007 game for the original game boy?

Not me. Have you ever played Perfect Dark, for the Game Boy Color? How about Metal Gear for the Game Boy?

Neither.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:30:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 5:06:52 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
What are your favorite Game Boy games?

Keep GBA games to a minimum. I'm mainly looking for games on the original and color.

mine was pokemon emerald...god i loved that game
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:31:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/24/2014 8:30:11 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 2/23/2014 5:06:52 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
What are your favorite Game Boy games?

Keep GBA games to a minimum. I'm mainly looking for games on the original and color.

mine was pokemon emerald...god i loved that game

Still have that. I almost always chose Torchic as my starter just because I freakin love Blaziken.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:40:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/24/2014 8:31:14 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 2/24/2014 8:30:11 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 2/23/2014 5:06:52 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
What are your favorite Game Boy games?

Keep GBA games to a minimum. I'm mainly looking for games on the original and color.

mine was pokemon emerald...god i loved that game

Still have that. I almost always chose Torchic as my starter just because I freakin love Blaziken.

my starter was mudkip
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 2:15:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/24/2014 8:40:15 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 2/24/2014 8:31:14 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 2/24/2014 8:30:11 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 2/23/2014 5:06:52 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
What are your favorite Game Boy games?

Keep GBA games to a minimum. I'm mainly looking for games on the original and color.

mine was pokemon emerald...god i loved that game

Still have that. I almost always chose Torchic as my starter just because I freakin love Blaziken.

my starter was mudkip

I've played and started over in Ruby multiple times, but I've usually had Treecko as my starter. Sceptile and Pelliper were two staples of mine whenever I played Ruby. Once I went through most of the game with only those two Pokemon. At times Pelliper seemed like the stronger of the two, and at other times Sceptile seemed stronger.
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 2:17:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/23/2014 9:52:42 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
The best Game Boy game of all time is Tetris.

Is this really even debatable? ;)

100% true.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 9:10:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I just got Super Mario Land and 007 for Game Boy, and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for GBC.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess