bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 12:58:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mafia Wins!

MAFIA/STARTERS

Jopo - You are Charmander. You may look cute, but you pack a punch with moves like Inferno and a dominance over fire moves. You evolve in Charizard! Because you are not only strong in your own right, but because you are destined for power, you are the 2-shot Strongman. If you carry out the Starter NK you may bypass any protective abilities that target may have or that may be being used on the target. You do not get a separate kill from the overall Starter NK. You win with the Starters.

Khaos - You are Mudkip. Because you can dive and dig your way to safety every other round, you are the odd-night Hider. Each odd night you may select another player. If you do so, no other player may target you directly. If your target dies, you will die also. You win with the Starters.

Tyler - You are Pikachu. You are so beloved by fans everywhere, and because you're simply awesome, you are Popular. It takes one extra vote to lynch you. You win with the Starters.

TOWN/LEGENDARIES

Pots - You are Mew. You are friendly and selfless--you try to stop Mewtwo from destroying the known world and are willing to sacrifice yourself for others (e.g. Lucario in Mew M08), but you don't always succeed.Therefore, you are the Elite Bodyguard. Each night you may select another player. If that player is targeted by a lethal action you have a 50% chance of stopping it and a 50% chance of redirecting it to yourself. You win with the Legendaries.

XLAV - You are Zapdos. You kick butt. Your wings release electricity that can really ruin someone's day, and you've got bad attitude to boot. Because of this, you are the 1-shot Vigilante. You may select a player for death just once. You win with the Legendaries.

YYW - You are Xerneas. You have eternal life; therefore you are Deathproof. You cannot die (which is good luck for you, lol...). You win with the Legendaries.

GCL - You are Deoxys. Because you can change form, you are the Mimic. You may select a player and take on their role. This change is permanent. You win with the Legendaries.

(1-shot Vigilante)

Yay/Fazz - You are Giratina. You are a creepy renegade pokemon. You live in a word of darkness, and so you are the Miller. To invesitgative roles, it will appear as if you are scum-affiliated. You win with the Legendaries.

Oromagi - You are Ho-Oh. Because you can sense if a person is pure of heart, you are the Cop. Each night you may select a player. You will learn if they are innocent (win with town) or guilty (don't win with town). You win with the Legendaries.

Josh - You are Rayquaza. Because you are the only one who can halt the battle between Groudon and Kyogre, you are the 1-shot Governor. You can, at the end of a DP where a lynch is about to occur, prevent the lynch from occurring. This ends the DP. You win with the Legendaries.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

XLAV - Vig Jopo
Pots - Protect Oromagi
Oromagi - Cop Jopo
Khaos - Hide Behind Fazz
Jopo - Strongman Oromagi

NP2

GCL - Vig YYW
Pots - Protect Yay
Khaos - NK GCL

NP3

Pots - Protect Yay
Khaos - Hide Behind YYW
Tyler - NK Pots

BALANCE

Town had a Deathproof--someone who I would consider immune to even the Strongman. Town also had a vig and a governor who could kill scum and prevent a mislynch respectively. They also had a bodyguard that could prevent NKs. This meant it would be hard for mafia to make NKs .

The hider necessitated a vig, and Tyler could have been taken out by the vig or by early town action. Town also had a huge advantage in the WinCon...By the start of the game, they had correctly ID'd 2 scum.

IDK why Khaos wasn't lynched. Yes he guessed the WinCon, but that isn't an automatic get-out-of-jail free card. I also don't get why Josh was FOS'd, but whatever.

Good game.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:00:52 PM
THEME

I thought Starters vs. Legendaries was a good theme. You begin with starters, and towards the end of the game you get the legendaries. It's a nice, full-circle sort of thing.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:02:34 PM
For the record, the reason I took the horribly unnecessary gamble of trying to guess the wincon and outing my character was to protect jopo, which worked. I was as surprised as bsh1 that I didn't die. HAHAHAHA!!!

Everything mafia did was to protect the popular mafioso.
As long as he couldn't be NK'd (which is why we killed the potential vigs), we had the game in the bag.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:05:27 PM
XLAV, you were right to suspect me, but IMO, the your "he said pokemon to narrow the field" argument was flawed. Town had no reason to assume the wincon could be matched with pokemon, though it was right.
The town wincon could easily have been with a region, Ash himself, gyms, trainers, etc.
Any number of things could have resulted in the characters being pokemon, but not the wincon.
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:08:08 PM
TBH, the masterball thing was a total lucky guess.

Also, I knew the wincon was legendaries as soon as PBG claimed mew. It was pretty obvious from there. That's how Khaos successfully guessed the wincon.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:08:59 PM
Ahhhh Khaos I had VTL'd you first I knew you were mafia!!! I shouldn't of went against my better judgment..

What's NK?

And how is it that mafia has won every game??
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:14:59 PM
I also think the game was largely unbalanced in favor of the mafia.

I think had Yay been bomb or XLAV been a normal Vigilante, towns odds would be dramatically increased.
Having a popular mafia is wholly unfair to town, unless there is another way to kill him. At game start, it would have taken the ENTIRE town to kill Tyler, and the vig wasted the intended bullet on jopo. Lucky (Mestari) says that players shouldn't be boxed into specific, game-breaking actions, which is also what broke my ERB game. Town needed two killing roles.

Also, having a miller was just too advantageous with a popular mafioso around. A mislynch target by design only helped our case.

I think the best town could have hoped for was a draw, in which mimic mimicked deathproof, and the game is at stalemate with 2:1. Otherwise, town needed to get lucky and kill Tyler right away DP1, or save the 1 kill shot for him.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:17:59 PM
At 2/24/2014 1:08:59 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Ahhhh Khaos I had VTL'd you first I knew you were mafia!!! I shouldn't of went against my better judgment..

What's NK?
Night Kill, usually refers to mafia's kill, but can refer to death by vigilante, PGO, bomb, and serial killer.

Beginner series usually go to mafia, especially if town is inactive.
In fact, inactivity can always cripple town.
Plus, I was mafia twice :)
Plus, IMO, mafia was OP twice. I explained this game, and the second game was just in numbers (too many scum).
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:19:59 PM
At 2/24/2014 1:08:08 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
TBH, the masterball thing was a total lucky guess.

Also, I knew the wincon was legendaries as soon as PBG claimed mew. It was pretty obvious from there. That's how Khaos successfully guessed the wincon.

It helped, but we still needed the correct wording.
I thought it was wild pokemon or a region's, and I thought Pots' character was slowpoke. His comment about his name giving away the wincon I took literally literally.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:20:48 PM
At 2/24/2014 1:17:59 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

What's NK?
Night Kill, usually refers to mafia's kill, but can refer to death by vigilante, PGO, bomb, and serial killer.

Plus, IMO, mafia was OP twice. I explained this game, and the second game was just in numbers (too many scum).

In this game I actually felt a bit more confident and only bugged bsh1 a couple of times otherwise I was on my own trying to figure things out. Should show since I was killed lol!!
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:23:33 PM
At 2/24/2014 1:20:48 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

What's NK?

In this game I actually felt a bit more confident and only bugged bsh1 a couple of times otherwise I was on my own trying to figure things out. Should show since I was killed lol!!

Yeah, it really sucked for you to be mafia twice.
The game is wholly different as town, since you have no one to rely on, no one to aid you, and the game is a bit simpler, too, since there is only your role to deal with and not remembering your lies.

For the record, you were killed for two reasons:
1. In case you didn't try to shoot YYW, we needed all vigs to be dead to win.
2. By killing you, it didn't necessarily confirm YYW, since we don't know if you actually shot him.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:31:36 PM
At 2/24/2014 1:23:33 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2014 1:20:48 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

What's NK?

Yeah, it really sucked for you to be mafia twice.
The game is wholly different as town, since you have no one to rely on, no one to aid you, and the game is a bit simpler, too, since there is only your role to deal with and not remembering your lies.

For the record, you were killed for two reasons:
1. In case you didn't try to shoot YYW, we needed all vigs to be dead to win.
2. By killing you, it didn't necessarily confirm YYW, since we don't know if you actually shot him.

No I understand why I was really killed, but had I really analyzed thoroughly i might've still lived.. But I understand anyways.. I honestly think mafia role is harder than town role..
"Good Times" ~ Max
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:33:28 PM
Wow this game was awesome! Looked like town had it wrapped up at the beginning... boy was I wrong haha! Well played everyone, but especially Tyler and Khaos man, y'all are scary good.
Can't wait for signups for the next round
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:36:04 PM
At 2/24/2014 1:31:36 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

No I understand why I was really killed, but had I really analyzed thoroughly i might've still lived.. But I understand anyways.. I honestly think mafia role is harder than town role..

Most people prefer town to mafia.
Mafia stresses people out, while town you attempt to catch people.
If you liked the game (finally cuz you were town and really learned how to play), you should play in the next series, now that you know what you are doing.
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:44:28 PM
At 2/24/2014 1:33:28 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Wow this game was awesome! Looked like town had it wrapped up at the beginning... boy was I wrong haha! Well played everyone, but especially Tyler and Khaos man, y'all are scary good.

Oh do go on.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:45:57 PM
At 2/24/2014 1:36:04 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

If you liked the game (finally cuz you were town and really learned how to play), you should play in the next series, now that you know what you are doing.

I guess I could, but I'm no pro.. I'll still ask questions if I need to..
"Good Times" ~ Max
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:46:13 PM
At 2/24/2014 1:44:28 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
At 2/24/2014 1:33:28 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Oh do go on.

haha I'm just saying, I will be extra cautious when it comes to you two
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:54:05 PM
At 2/24/2014 1:45:57 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Obviously ask questions if you need to.
But, you were going to quit, and this game you were much more active. If you found it fun, and now that you know what you are doing, another go around in a beginner series might be worth it to see if you actually enjoy the game, instead of the novelty.

When you are not confused, it is much easier to enjoy the game :)
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 2:02:24 PM
At 2/24/2014 1:54:05 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2014 1:45:57 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Obviously ask questions if you need to.
But, you were going to quit, and this game you were much more active. If you found it fun, and now that you know what you are doing, another go around in a beginner series might be worth it to see if you actually enjoy the game, instead of the novelty.

Do you often join the beginners? I may consider doing that just to make sure I understand. But yes I was a bit more active. Like is did it seemed a bit more easier being town than mafia even though both times I was in mafia we won.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 2:11:21 PM
At 2/24/2014 2:02:24 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Do you often join the beginners?
I do like being in the beginners games. I am patient enough to offer help, and hyper active to boot. Also, since bsh1 is new to modding, I help him behind the scenes occasionally (but nothing that means anything to the game). His modding has improved. This is my gift to the mafia community, in an effort to reboot it.

I may consider doing that just to make sure I understand. But yes I was a bit more active. Like is did it seemed a bit more easier being town than mafia even though both times I was in mafia we won.
Like I said, you got a bum rap because you were mafia twice, before being town.
Being town helps tremendously in understanding the game.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 2:30:11 PM
At 2/24/2014 2:11:21 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2014 2:02:24 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Do you often join the beginners?
I do like being in the beginners games. I am patient enough to offer help, and hyper active to boot. Also, since bsh1 is new to modding, I help him behind the scenes occasionally (but nothing that means anything to the game). His modding has improved. This is my gift to the mafia community, in an effort to reboot it.

I may consider doing that just to make sure I understand. But yes I was a bit more active. Like is did it seemed a bit more easier being town than mafia even though both times I was in mafia we won.
Like I said, you got a bum rap because you were mafia twice, before being town.
Being town helps tremendously in understanding the game.

Ahh okay, well that explains a bit more about you then.
But alright, I think I'll give it another try.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 3:16:48 PM
At 2/24/2014 3:13:21 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Screw you all.

I find it most humorous that you said something to the extent of, "Don't listen to Khaos. He is scum. He will deceive you.", only to not take your own advice and be one of my biggest advocates.

hehehehehe
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 3:22:21 PM
At 2/24/2014 3:16:48 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Screw you all.

I find it most humorous that you said something to the extent of, "Don't listen to Khaos. He is scum. He will deceive you.", only to not take your own advice and be one of my biggest advocates.

hehehehehe

Screw you especially.

This whole time I was playing from the perspective that you were as ignorant as I am about Pokemon. While I was working it dawned on me that if Tyler was scum, the he wouldn't have the slightest trouble guessing the Wincon, especially after I claimed. I was planning on revoking my town read on you as soon as I finished, but when I checked in the DP had already ended.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 3:28:52 PM
At 2/24/2014 3:22:21 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Screw you all.

hehehehehe

Screw you especially.

This whole time I was playing from the perspective that you were as ignorant as I am about Pokemon. While I was working it dawned on me that if Tyler was scum, the he wouldn't have the slightest trouble guessing the Wincon, especially after I claimed. I was planning on revoking my town read on you as soon as I finished, but when I checked in the DP had already ended.

Except I made a reference to the theme song, which should have clued you in I wasn't niave, although, I have never played the games, and these town characters I have not heard of, except Mew.

I even warned you that you are assuming that mafia can't reverse engineer the town wincon. It's usually not too hard, I actually didn't know legendary was a type of pokemon until Tyler told me. Remember, mafia have more heads than you, plus characters and (generally) a separate wincon themselves. Generally, it is merely figuring out the wording, since town are generally the opposite of the mafia. (mutants vs. humans for example)
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 3:34:02 PM
At 2/24/2014 3:28:52 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2014 3:22:21 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Screw you all.

hehehehehe

Screw you especially.

Except I made a reference to the theme song, which should have clued you in I wasn't niave, although, I have never played the games, and these town characters I have not heard of, except Mew.

I even warned you that you are assuming that mafia can't reverse engineer the town wincon. It's usually not too hard, I actually didn't know legendary was a type of pokemon until Tyler told me. Remember, mafia have more heads than you, plus characters and (generally) a separate wincon themselves. Generally, it is merely figuring out the wording, since town are generally the opposite of the mafia. (mutants vs. humans for example)

You're one slick trucker.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 3:35:00 PM
At 2/24/2014 3:34:02 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 2/24/2014 3:28:52 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

You're one slick trucker.

And remember, the whole reason I even put myself out there was to protect jopo for his night action. And that trick, EVERYONE fell for.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 3:36:30 PM
Screw you all.

That's mean :/
"Good Times" ~ Max
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 3:42:57 PM
At 2/24/2014 3:36:30 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Screw you all.

That's mean :/

It's a joke. I was just kidding. This was a really good game, and khaos fooled me completely.