Total Posts:315|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 22.1: DP1

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 7:25:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Introduction to Mafia:

Mafia is a game of strategy and behavioral analysis that pits an uninformed majority (The Town) against an informed minority (The Mafia). All members of the Mafia know who they are and - by process of elimination - know who the members of the Town are. The mafia have their own shared PM where they can coordinate and discuss strategies. No member of the Town is given information about any other player; they must figure that out through the course of the game.

The game is divided into Day Phases (DP) and Night Phases (NP). Each DP will be conducted in a public thread created by me (such as this one). I will start each DP with a summary of actions performed the previous NP, a list of living and dead players, and other rules and notes. The DP is used by all players for open deliberation and is the only normal mechanism by which members of the Town can communicate with each other. It is the primary vehicle by which the members of the Town can eliminate their opposition: The Mafia. However, the Mafia are covertly part of this deliberation, and will try to disrupt or derail the plans of the Town, though in a way as not to reveal their affiliation.

During the DP, each player may cast a vote to lynch another player. The format is VTL Player Name. Unbolded votes do not count. To remove your vote from a player, simply Unvote. Alternatively, you may vote that no player be lynched that day with a vote to no lynch, or VTNL. If a majority of the living players vote to have another player lynched, or vote that no one should be lynched, the DP will end with the death of that player (if applicable) and the NP will begin.

The NP is where players can utilize the abilities of any role they have been given. These will be detailed in PMs I create for each player. In addition, the members of the Mafia can elect to kill another player during the Night. The NP ends when all players have submitted their actions.

The object of the game for each faction (Town, Mafia) is to eliminate the other faction. As a short-cut, when the Mafia make up 50% or more of the living players, the game will end automatically, since they will be able to control the vote during the DP and can no longer be eliminated (under most circumstances). However, there is no such short-cut for the Town, and they must eliminate each member of the Mafia.

Terms, acronyms, and abbreviations:

Alignment - your status as Town, Mafia, or 3rd Party (anything not Town or Mafia).
Bandwagon - A "wagon" consists of the individuals voting for a person. Bandwagoning usually refers to hopping on such a wagon blindly or without clearly articulating your reasons.
BP - Bulletproof, a person immune to night kills.
Buddying - A tactic by mafia where they agree with or support towns people in an attempt to look innocent in return.
Bussing - When the mafia allow, or help, get one of their own members lynched, in order to look innocent in return, or to avoid suspicion.
Claim - Either Character Claim or Role Claim. This is a request to reveal this part of your Role.
Counter Claim - In most cases, roles are unique per game. A counter-claim is when one person challenges another person's role-claim by claiming the same role.
Fake Claim - Since your character or role can be indicative of your alignment, mafioso's usually invent fake claims to avoid suspicion. Can also be done by Towns-persons trying to perform some sort of gambit.
FOS - Finger of suspicion. Indicates that you suspect someone of being mafia, but usually not enough to place a vote on them.
Hammer - Placing the last vote on someone to get them lynched.
JK - Jailkeeper, a combination of doctor and roleblocker.
LYLO - Lynch or Lose, a situation where the towns-people only outnumber the mafia by 1. Since the mafia gets a kill at night and this would tie them with the town and earn them a win, it is necessary for the town to lynch a mafia in this situation or they lose.
Mod-kill - You break my rules - I kill you. I will also retroactively convert you into a survivor such that you can't even claim a win with your original faction.
MYLO - Mislynch and Lose, a situation where the towns-people outnumber the mafia by 2. A mislynch gives the mafia a free kill which, when combined with the mafia night kill, allows the mafia to win. Barring irrefutable results, MYLO generally results in no lynch, which merely leads to LYLO.
NK - night kill, any kill performed at night, though usually refers to the mafia night kill.
PM - Private message. Players are only permitted to create or talk in Private Messages set up by the mod.
PR - Power Role, a role with some ability, either passive or active. Towns people without a power role are referred to as "Vanillas" while mafiosos without a power role are referred to as "Goons"
RVS - Random Voting Stage. When there is no information to go on, but you need to get the game moving, generally you'll pressure someone randomly.
Scum - Anyone that is not aligned with the town.
Scum-tell - some trait, or "tell" that indicates a person may be scum.
Soft-claim - dropping hints, but not out-right claiming, to be a specific character or role.
SK - Serial Killer, a third party, night killing role.
WIFOM - Wine In Front Of Me. A subtle and complex type of psychology. You know I want to poison you. I serve us both glasses of wine. You think the poison is in the glass in front of you, but you know I know that's what you'd think, and so you realize the poison is actually in my glass, and I'm just waiting for your to drink from it instead.

Rules:

1. The only PMs you are allowed to use to talk about this game with other players are the PMs that I have specifically created for that purpose.
2. DPs will last until a majority vote has been reached or 48 hours has passed, whichever comes first. If the time-limit is reached, there will be no lynch.
3. NPs will last until everyone submits their night action or 48 hours has passed, whichever comes first. If the time-limit is reached, your action is forfeit.
4. Any DP or NP that starts or ends on a weekend will be automatically extended 24 hours.
5. Be active (submit any Night actions in a timely matter and participate in DP discussions). I will replace people at my discretion in response to low or no activity. I will prompt you once, and only once. If your activity remains low after that, you will be mod-killed.
6. You may not cut-and-paste from any game PM into the DP thread. You must always paraphrase. Simply replacing the occasional word with a synonym is not acceptable.
7. Excessive trolling will not be tolerated. One warning will be given per game. After that, I may mod-kill you.
8. All game related questions should be directed to me, via PM. You don't have to create a new PM, you may use your Role PM or mafia PM. If game related question are posted in the forum thread, please bold them.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 7:28:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Round 1:

This Round will introduce you to the concept and basics of Mafia, including Role Madness!

Set-Up:

The roles found in this game are from the following list and only from the following list:

Town Roles

Cop - Investigates Players' alignments
Dreamer - Learns players' alignments passively
Priest - Learns roles of players that visit him
Role Cop - Learns players' roles
Tracker - Learns who players visit
Watcher - Learns who visits a player
Oracle - Reveals a player's role upon death
Bodyguard - Redirects lethal actions to self
Bulletproof - Immune to night kills
Doctor - Prevents the deaths of players
Virgin - If lynched, prevents all deaths the following Night Phase
Bomb - If killed at night, kills his killer
Hunter - If lynched, may kill another player
Paranoid Gun Owner - Kills anyone that visits him at night
Super Saint - If lynched, kills whoever placed the last vote
Vigilante - May kill another player at night
Universal Backup - Assumes the role of the first Town player to die
Mimic - May copy another player's role
Roleblocker - May prevent another player from using their role
Innocent Child - Mod confirmed as a Townie during a certain Day Phase
Vanilla - Has no role
Pacifist - Cannot place votes on people at L-1
Aesthetic - Isn't affected by nonlethal actions
Sidekick - Can redirect nonlethal actions from one player to themselves

Mafia Roles

Role Cop - Learns players' roles
Suicide Bomber - May kill another player during the day, dying in the process
Mimic - May copy another player's role
Scout - Learns who players visit
Lookout - Learns who visits a player
Redirector - May redirect actions from one player to another
Role Stealer - May steal another player role. The new role is permanent.

Additionally, there is a maximum of only one of each role. However, if a role shows up in both the town and mafia lists (e.g. mimic) there can be both a town mimic and a mafia mimic in the game, though not 2 town mimics or 2 mafia mimics. Also, no townie can have a mafia role, and vice versa.

Roles have been generated randomly, and have been randomly assigned.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 7:30:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
LIVING PLAYERS

XLAV
Fazz
Khaos
Ford
Oro
Jopo
Tyler
TS
Yay
GCL

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 7:30, DDO time, 2/25/14.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 7:33:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 7:30:11 PM, bsh1 wrote:
LIVING PLAYERS

XLAV
Fazz
Khaos
Ford
Oro
Jopo
Tyler
TS
Yay
GCL

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
: The DP ends at 7:30, DDO time, 2/25/14.

Good luck!

Damn, it's already over :(
My work here is, finally, done.
tylergraham95
Posts: 1,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 7:34:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 7:33:18 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/25/2014 7:30:11 PM, bsh1 wrote:
LIVING PLAYERS

XLAV
Fazz
Khaos
Ford
Oro
Jopo
Tyler
TS
Yay
GCL

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
: The DP ends at 7:30, DDO time, 2/25/14.

Good luck!

Damn, it's already over :(

LOL
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 7:46:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
CLARIFICATION:

Because Khaos is whining (he know damn well when it ends) the DP ends at 7:30 DDO time, on 2/27/14.

;)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 7:59:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm the Pacifist. If someone needs to be hammered, I will be the broken. Give me the hammer to confirm that mine is broken.
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
jopo
Posts: 509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 8:11:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 7:46:16 PM, bsh1 wrote:
CLARIFICATION:

Because Khaos is whining (he know damn well when it ends) the DP ends at 7:30 DDO time, on 2/27/14.

;)

Lol let him whine if he wants (let him whine let him whine let him whine) - he only picks on those he loves (actually pretty sure that's not true, but roll with it)
jopo
Posts: 509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 8:12:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 7:59:31 PM, yay842 wrote:
I'm the Pacifist. If someone needs to be hammered, I will be the broken. Give me the hammer to confirm that mine is broken.

Schweet, works for me
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:25:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 7:46:16 PM, bsh1 wrote:
CLARIFICATION:

Because Khaos is whining (he know damn well when it ends) the DP ends at 7:30 DDO time, on 2/27/14.

;)

Watch out!!
He don't take no sass!!
(I'll be good now)
My work here is, finally, done.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:28:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello everyone! I'm currently slammed with homework and a debate so yeah. BUt just wanted y'all to be aware that I am online haha! :P
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:34:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 9:28:00 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm currently slammed with homework and a debate so yeah. BUt just wanted y'all to be aware that I am online haha! :P

ME TOO!
VTL GCL to spill role claim
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:35:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 9:34:37 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:28:00 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm currently slammed with homework and a debate so yeah. BUt just wanted y'all to be aware that I am online haha! :P

ME TOO!
VTL GCL to spill role claim

Dreamer...
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:36:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 9:35:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:34:37 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:28:00 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm currently slammed with homework and a debate so yeah. BUt just wanted y'all to be aware that I am online haha! :P

ME TOO!
VTL GCL to spill role claim

Dreamer...

Unvote well, ok
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:37:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 9:26:32 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Ford Perfect, a nice and lynchable name.
VTL Ford

How about you tell me your role?

i know you're on
VTL KHAOS
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
jopo
Posts: 509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:39:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 9:37:04 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:26:32 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Ford Perfect, a nice and lynchable name.
VTL Ford

How about you tell me your role?

i know you're on
VTL KHAOS
*puts on binoculars* will he claim or will he sass?
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:50:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 9:26:32 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Ford Perfect, a nice and lynchable name.
VTL Ford

How about you tell me your role?

No matter when I announce my role, the town will benefit. However, I predict that if I wait at least a DP before claiming, the benefit to the town will be greater. How about your role?
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:52:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Ford (!/6) - Khaos
Khaos (1/6) - Yay
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:54:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 9:50:18 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:26:32 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Ford Perfect, a nice and lynchable name.
VTL Ford

How about you tell me your role?

No matter when I announce my role, the town will benefit. However, I predict that if I wait at least a DP before claiming, the benefit to the town will be greater. How about your role?

how will the benefit to town be greater? and if no matter when you announce your role, why not just announce it anyway? right now, to some people, this may come across as stalling. why not just spill it or at least soft claim it?
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:57:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 9:54:13 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:50:18 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:26:32 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Ford Perfect, a nice and lynchable name.
VTL Ford

How about you tell me your role?

No matter when I announce my role, the town will benefit. However, I predict that if I wait at least a DP before claiming, the benefit to the town will be greater. How about your role?

how will the benefit to town be greater? and if no matter when you announce your role, why not just announce it anyway? right now, to some people, this may come across as stalling. why not just spill it or at least soft claim it?

... I did soft claim it, sort of. Or at least, I tried to soft claim subtly. Maybe I just did it poorly.
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 9:58:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 9:57:11 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:54:13 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:50:18 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:26:32 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Ford Perfect, a nice and lynchable name.
VTL Ford

How about you tell me your role?

No matter when I announce my role, the town will benefit. However, I predict that if I wait at least a DP before claiming, the benefit to the town will be greater. How about your role?

how will the benefit to town be greater? and if no matter when you announce your role, why not just announce it anyway? right now, to some people, this may come across as stalling. why not just spill it or at least soft claim it?

... I did soft claim it, sort of. Or at least, I tried to soft claim subtly. Maybe I just did it poorly.

Also, the benefit to the town will be greater because I will have more information to work with to use my ability
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:00:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 9:58:11 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:57:11 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:54:13 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:50:18 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:26:32 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Ford Perfect, a nice and lynchable name.
VTL Ford

How about you tell me your role?

No matter when I announce my role, the town will benefit. However, I predict that if I wait at least a DP before claiming, the benefit to the town will be greater. How about your role?

how will the benefit to town be greater? and if no matter when you announce your role, why not just announce it anyway? right now, to some people, this may come across as stalling. why not just spill it or at least soft claim it?

... I did soft claim it, sort of. Or at least, I tried to soft claim subtly. Maybe I just did it poorly.

Also, the benefit to the town will be greater because I will have more information to work with to use my ability

well, that's good enough for me for now
Unvote
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:00:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 8:12:19 PM, jopo wrote:
At 2/25/2014 7:59:31 PM, yay842 wrote:
I'm the Pacifist. If someone needs to be hammered, I will be the broken. Give me the hammer to confirm that mine is broken.

Schweet, works for me

and you're next
VTL jopo
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:10:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 9:35:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:34:37 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:28:00 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm currently slammed with homework and a debate so yeah. BUt just wanted y'all to be aware that I am online haha! :P

ME TOO!
VTL GCL to spill role claim

Dreamer...

So in the initial post, Bsh said something about the Dreamer learning players' alignments passively? I'm not sure I understand completely how this role works. Can you explain a little more, GCL?
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:11:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 10:10:13 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:35:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:34:37 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:28:00 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm currently slammed with homework and a debate so yeah. BUt just wanted y'all to be aware that I am online haha! :P

ME TOO!
VTL GCL to spill role claim

Dreamer...

So in the initial post, Bsh said something about the Dreamer learning players' alignments passively? I'm not sure I understand completely how this role works. Can you explain a little more, GCL?

basically, every NP, bsh gives GCL 3 different people and one of them would be scum
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:13:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 10:11:20 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 10:10:13 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:35:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:34:37 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:28:00 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm currently slammed with homework and a debate so yeah. BUt just wanted y'all to be aware that I am online haha! :P

ME TOO!
VTL GCL to spill role claim

Dreamer...

So in the initial post, Bsh said something about the Dreamer learning players' alignments passively? I'm not sure I understand completely how this role works. Can you explain a little more, GCL?

basically, every NP, bsh gives GCL 3 different people and one of them would be scum

hmm, do you know if they are chosen randomly? also, is it guaranteed to be exactly one scum out of the three or could it be more?
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:15:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 10:13:19 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/25/2014 10:11:20 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 10:10:13 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:35:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:34:37 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:28:00 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm currently slammed with homework and a debate so yeah. BUt just wanted y'all to be aware that I am online haha! :P

ME TOO!
VTL GCL to spill role claim

Dreamer...

So in the initial post, Bsh said something about the Dreamer learning players' alignments passively? I'm not sure I understand completely how this role works. Can you explain a little more, GCL?

basically, every NP, bsh gives GCL 3 different people and one of them would be scum

hmm, do you know if they are chosen randomly? also, is it guaranteed to be exactly one scum out of the three or could it be more?

if GCL was hypothetically Dreamer, bsh (the moderator) would give her 3 random people. and 1 out of those 3 is scum; it just depends on the moderator, but this is the usual case
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:17:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 10:15:39 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 10:13:19 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/25/2014 10:11:20 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 10:10:13 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:35:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:34:37 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 2/25/2014 9:28:00 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm currently slammed with homework and a debate so yeah. BUt just wanted y'all to be aware that I am online haha! :P

ME TOO!
VTL GCL to spill role claim

Dreamer...

So in the initial post, Bsh said something about the Dreamer learning players' alignments passively? I'm not sure I understand completely how this role works. Can you explain a little more, GCL?

basically, every NP, bsh gives GCL 3 different people and one of them would be scum

hmm, do you know if they are chosen randomly? also, is it guaranteed to be exactly one scum out of the three or could it be more?

if GCL was hypothetically Dreamer, bsh (the moderator) would give her 3 random people. and 1 out of those 3 is scum; it just depends on the moderator, but this is the usual case

Ok cool thanks for clarifying
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 10:25:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
... I did soft claim it, sort of. Or at least, I tried to soft claim subtly. Maybe I just did it poorly.

Also, the benefit to the town will be greater because I will have more information to work with to use my ability

with great power, comes great responsibility
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...