Jump to topic:

Does anybody play At War?

Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 3:48:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At War is basically a much more developed version of risk. You can play it for free at atwar-game.com. I played 1 round just now using only North America and really enjoyed it. As far as I know, continent bonuses no longer exist. Instead, regions are broken down into cities, and you get region bonuses for controlled all of the cities within it instead. Regions now have both a population and an income. Some territories, like Mexico, are great for unit production, while regions like USA-Atlantic are great for income. There are also a few different unit types. Tanks are general offensive units, infantry get bonuses defending cities. Air and Sea transports give you some mobility, etc. I remember that we used to play Diplomacy on DDO but had trouble with people submitting actions every day. This game can be played all at once. You should check it out!
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 4:55:39 PM
At 3/3/2014 3:48:24 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At War is basically a much more developed version of risk. You can play it for free at atwar-game.com. I played 1 round just now using only North America and really enjoyed it. As far as I know, continent bonuses no longer exist. Instead, regions are broken down into cities, and you get region bonuses for controlled all of the cities within it instead. Regions now have both a population and an income. Some territories, like Mexico, are great for unit production, while regions like USA-Atlantic are great for income. There are also a few different unit types. Tanks are general offensive units, infantry get bonuses defending cities. Air and Sea transports give you some mobility, etc. I remember that we used to play Diplomacy on DDO but had trouble with people submitting actions every day. This game can be played all at once. You should check it out!

I'm down to try it out. How many people can play?
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 6:04:12 PM
At 3/3/2014 4:55:39 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

I'm down to try it out. How many people can play?

Up to 20. I'm playing one on Middle Earth right now. It's going pretty epicly. I control everything from Mirkwood to Fangorn and as far west as the Grey Havens. The Elves of the West sniped Rivendell from me a turn before I got there so I declared war and claimed it as my birthright. I have since broken his army and taken his lands. The Rangers of Ithilien and Rhun have declared a joint war on Rohan. When that war ends we will be the last 3 powers in a cold war.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 6:05:24 PM
And it ends in a 3-way tie. We all were allied as the Rangers sieged Edoras. If the last player were to be eliminated while we were all allied, the game ends in a draw. Nobody wanted a draw, I'm sure, but nobody was brave enough to break their alliances either.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 6:07:45 PM
I had the highest income, as I suspected. However, the Rangers only ever waged war with Rohan who was weak and Rhun defeated Mordor many turns ago, so I was afraid of them having too many units stockpiled for me to win a 2 versus 1 immediately. Ah, I would have liked to had seen my Ent army face off against wildmen and archers. xD
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 7:07:09 PM
At 3/3/2014 7:01:04 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Well this game is nothing short of absolutely awesome.

My thoughts exactly! What's your in-game name?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 7:13:38 PM
At 3/3/2014 7:07:09 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 3/3/2014 7:01:04 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Well this game is nothing short of absolutely awesome.

My thoughts exactly! What's your in-game name?

I'm only playing as a guest at the moment. I'll get back to you.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 7:17:06 PM
If you make an account let me know so that we can get in the same lobby and add each other. I don't know how to remotely add yet. My IGN is Taishi Masamune.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 7:20:09 PM
I just accepted a dude's alliance, then he tried to cross my lands, then BOOM, declared war and destroyed him, lol. Man, he was mad.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 7:23:49 PM
I was playing a game only using North America and I picked Mexico. I quickly took everything to the south, Texas, and the Domincan Republic. The player who picked USA-Atlantic used Air Transports to snipe USA-Northeast's capital. Then he asked me if he could have panama so he could betray my ally, USA-Pacific. I'm like, dude, I know you want to stab me in the back like you did to everyone on the east coast already. Screw off. USA-Pacific and I had a 2-way draw. I could have sniped his capital with 40 tanks that I loaded into air transports, but it was a beginner's game and I didn't feel like being a scumbag. xD
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 11:27:39 PM
Hmm... Was a fun game. Won with twice the soldier count as the second largest. Pick good of Missouri for my capital, of course.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2014 12:16:52 AM
At 3/3/2014 11:27:39 PM, donald.keller wrote:
Hmm... Was a fun game. Won with twice the soldier count as the second largest. Pick good of Missouri for my capital, of course.

MEXICO MEXICO MEXICO
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2014 1:54:57 PM
At 3/4/2014 1:43:38 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/4/2014 1:41:46 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Sign-up link: http://atwar-game.com...

can you play with people?

Yes!
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2014 1:55:38 PM
At 3/4/2014 1:54:57 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 3/4/2014 1:43:38 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/4/2014 1:41:46 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Sign-up link: http://atwar-game.com...

can you play with people?

Yes!

dde ima get some pizza in a second lets get a skype or google + call going and get some people
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2014 2:04:44 PM
I don't know if anybody else from DDO is online.
TS-387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 6:28:34 AM

First off, sorry for thread necromancy!
I bumped into XLAV while playing Zombie Apocalypse mode, Good times :)
Username: TwirlySwirly
Also, you should probably mention the need for microsoft silverlight?
MST_SlGNATURE_31803
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 7:15:56 AM
At 3/8/2014 6:28:34 AM, TS-387 wrote:

Why did you leave mid-game? We were winning!
TS-387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 6:19:19 PM
At 3/8/2014 7:15:56 AM, XLAV wrote:

I had to leave mid-game because of music practise :(
Did we win?
MST_SlGNATURE_31803
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 7:13:30 PM
At 3/8/2014 6:19:19 PM, TS-387 wrote:
At 3/8/2014 7:15:56 AM, XLAV wrote:

I had to leave mid-game because of music practise :(
Did we win?

We had to draw it.