Jump to topic:

Trial By Jury

thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2014 7:39:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have spent the last day or two building a good case for either side. Please feel free to join at any time but I would like to get started sometime soon. Below you will find all rules and regulations.

Trial by Jury- Concept Game

This is a concept game, NOT MAFIA, with three teams, the Prosecution, the Defense, and the Jury. The Prosecution team will be presented with a crime scene, and will be in charge of investigating the scene and interviewing witnesses, as well as following up on leads and gaining access to post-mortem reports (autopsy, toxicology, etc.). Ultimately they will be presented with two final suspects, and will have to charge one of those suspects, and try him/her, in front of a jury. The prosecution will provide an opening statement, and present their evidence, question witnesses, etc. The defense will then put on their case for the suspect's defense. The case will then be handed over to the jury, who will either acquit, or convict.

There are several winning scenarios:

The Prosecution will win, along with the Jury, if they convict the guilty suspect. If they convict the innocent suspect, the Prosecution wins alone.

The Defense will win, along with the Jury, if they can get an acquittal for an innocent suspect. If the defense can get an acquittal for a guilty suspect, the defense wins alone.

The Jury will either win with one side, by judging correctly, or they will lose by judging incorrectly.

There will be a pre-trial pm, for both the Prosecution and Defense, where both sides will have access to all discoveries, although the defense may not take part in the investigation, interrogation, or indictment. There will also be a private pm for each team to communicate with each other, and with me. The actual trial will happen in a regular forum thread. The Jury will then deliberate in a private Jury pm.

Each team will select a leader, Lead Prosecutor, Head Defense Attorney, and Jury Foreperson.

Since I know the entire scenario, it will make the game go faster if I act in all roles (judge, suspects, witnesses, etc.). I'm not sure how long this will take. The time will likely depend on the activity levels of the attorneys. If interested, plan on being in it for the long haul.

I hope there is enough interest to get this going, I think it will be a fun exercise.

Prosecution Team:
ALT.

Defense Team:
Alt.

Jury
Alt.
Alt.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2014 8:24:11 AM
At 3/4/2014 7:39:13 AM, thedebatekid wrote:
I have spent the last day or two building a good case for either side. Please feel free to join at any time but I would like to get started sometime soon. Below you will find all rules and regulations.

Trial by Jury- Concept Game

This is a concept game, NOT MAFIA, with three teams, the Prosecution, the Defense, and the Jury. The Prosecution team will be presented with a crime scene, and will be in charge of investigating the scene and interviewing witnesses, as well as following up on leads and gaining access to post-mortem reports (autopsy, toxicology, etc.). Ultimately they will be presented with two final suspects, and will have to charge one of those suspects, and try him/her, in front of a jury. The prosecution will provide an opening statement, and present their evidence, question witnesses, etc. The defense will then put on their case for the suspect's defense. The case will then be handed over to the jury, who will either acquit, or convict.

There are several winning scenarios:

The Prosecution will win, along with the Jury, if they convict the guilty suspect. If they convict the innocent suspect, the Prosecution wins alone.

The Defense will win, along with the Jury, if they can get an acquittal for an innocent suspect. If the defense can get an acquittal for a guilty suspect, the defense wins alone.

The Jury will either win with one side, by judging correctly, or they will lose by judging incorrectly.

There will be a pre-trial pm, for both the Prosecution and Defense, where both sides will have access to all discoveries, although the defense may not take part in the investigation, interrogation, or indictment. There will also be a private pm for each team to communicate with each other, and with me. The actual trial will happen in a regular forum thread. The Jury will then deliberate in a private Jury pm.

Each team will select a leader, Lead Prosecutor, Head Defense Attorney, and Jury Foreperson.

Since I know the entire scenario, it will make the game go faster if I act in all roles (judge, suspects, witnesses, etc.). I'm not sure how long this will take. The time will likely depend on the activity levels of the attorneys. If interested, plan on being in it for the long haul.

I hope there is enough interest to get this going, I think it will be a fun exercise.

Prosecution Team:
ALT.

Defense Team:
1. Cybertron1998
Alt.

Jury
Alt.
Alt.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 5:03:11 PM
Prosecution Team:
1. Zaradi
ALT.

Defense Team:
1. Cybertron1998
Alt.

Jury
1. Solon
Alt.
Alt.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
noprisu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 5:04:32 PM
Prosecution Team:
1. Zaradi
ALT.

Defense Team:
1. Cybertron1998
2. Noprisu
Alt.

Jury
1. Solon
Alt.
Alt.
It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver- Machiavelli
RIP Imabench, Troll of trolls.
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 5:59:56 AM
At 3/6/2014 2:06:18 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Hell I'd prefer it.

well see. If it comes down to it then you will get your wish.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 12:08:34 PM
At 3/5/2014 5:04:32 PM, noprisu wrote:
Prosecution Team:
1. Zaradi
ALT.

Defense Team:
1. Cybertron1998
2. Noprisu
Alt.

Jury
1. Solon
2.linkish1O2
Alt.
Alt.

Be glad to try it for some experience in my law class.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 12:15:21 PM
I will be an alt for defense or prosecution, either or.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 4:11:33 AM
At 3/6/2014 12:15:21 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
I will be an alt for defense or prosecution, either or.

Jump and bump guys
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me