Jump to topic:

Diplomacy and War Game

thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 11:14:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Since my game of Trial By Jury went absolutely no where quickly I was wondering how a game of Diplomacy and War would go?

Here are the rules and sign up below:

RULES:
Overview
This will be a combination real-time/turn-based game. Diplomatic and Military actions can be submitted at any time during the day (via PM only). At midnight, all actions for the previous day are locked and will be processed as soon as I see them. All submitted actions are cumulative; subsequent actions are added to any previously submitted actions. If you wish to undo an action, you must explicitly say that. Unused actions are forfeit.

There will be a thread for public diplomacy that will be always open. At the beginning of each turn I will provide a report that summarizes the actions of the previous turn. Private communication with players is allowed and does not need to involve me.

The object of the game is to eliminate all opposing players.

Diplomacy
At the beginning of the game, the diplomatic relationships between each nation will be randomized (tending toward a neutral posture). The possible relationship values are:

[At War!] - Bad - Worsening - No Relations - Improving - Excellent - [Alliance]

Each turn, for each nation, you may perform the following actions:

Improve Relationship
Worsen Relationship
Nothing

If two nations both attempt to improve their relationship, the relationship improves one level, to a maximum of "Excellent."
If either nation attempts to worsen its relationship with another, the relationship worsens one level, to a minimum of "Bad". This happens regardless of what the other nation attempts to do.

For all other cases, the relationship stays the same.

Special Case - Alliance:
If two nations have an "Excellent" relationship, they may form an Alliance. Both nations must agree to form an Alliance. This has the following effects on the game:
The relationship between the two nations is fixed and cant be altered unless both countries choose to back out of the alliance.
The nations are no longer considered to be opponents in terms of winning the game.

Special Case - At War!
If two nations have "No Relations." Then war may be initiated through military action (next section). If two nations are at war, the only diplomatic option between the two nations is: Cease Fire. Both nations must agree to a Cease Fire, in which case their Diplomatic Relationship returns to "No Relations." Reminder: Declaring war is a military, not diplomatic, action.

Military
There are three types of military units in the game: Ground Troops, Air Forces, and Anti-Air Forces. The relationship between the forces is as follows:

Anti-Air Forces -beat- Air Forces -beat- Ground Troops -beat- Anti-Air Forces

The game begins with each country having 1 of each type of force. Each turn you may build one of the above forces and add it to your current forces.

Battle Mechanics:
Each Battle has two rounds. In the first round, each unit type eliminates unit types of the opposing army. Anti-air force units will eliminate air force units; air force units will eliminate ground troops; and ground troops will eliminate anti-air forces. This happens simultaneously and depends on how many of each you have.

For example:
You have 2 ground troops and 2 air forces against your opponent's 1 ground troop and 3 anti-air forces. Your 2 ground troops eliminate 2 of your opponents anti-air forces, your 2 air forces eliminate your opponent's 1 ground troop, your opponent's 1 ground troop does nothing, and your opponent's 3 anti-air forces eliminate your 2 air forces. At the end of this round you will have 2 ground groups and your opponent will have 1 anti-air force.

The second round resolves the battle based on the total number of remaining troops, regardless of type. This is determined randomly, the probability of win/loss is based upon the proportion of troops held by each player.

For example:
At the end of the first round, you have 2 units (2 ground troops) and your opponent has 1 unit (1 anti-air force). The total number of units involved is 3, meaning you have a 2/3 chance of winning and a 1/3 chance of losing.

The loser of the second round loses all of their forces involved in the battle.

Scenario One - Mutual Assault:
If two nations attack each other on the same turn, the forces they sent to attack each other engage in battle. The winning nation's forces automatically return to their home nation at the end of the battle.

Scenario Two - Unilateral Assault:
If one nation attacks another that isn't attacking them, the attacking forces will engage whatever forces the nation has left behind that are not committed to an attack elsewhere. If no such forces exist, and the nation has no forces whatsoever, the nation is conquered and is eliminated from the game. If the nation has forces committed to attacking other nations, those attacks are automatically cancelled and those forces will be used to defend the nation.

If an invading nation wins the Unilateral Assault, the losing nation is conquered and is eliminated from the game.

Scenario Three - Many-on-One:
If two or more nations attack the same nation a-la Unilateral assault, the defending nation's home forces will be split evenly among the invading armies. The placement of odd-men-out will be determined randomly. If the defending nation loses all of the battles, it will be eliminated and removed from the game.

Land
The amount of forces you produce is effected by the amount of land you control. For each country you have conquered or own you will produce 1 troop per turn.

For example:
Country 1 has conquered country 3, 4, and 5. Therefore he will produce 4 troops per turn. One for himself and one for each country he controls.
Country 2 has only conquered country 6. Therefore they will produce two troops per turn.

To determine who conquers what land there will be a randomization.

For Example:
Country 1 & 2 Attack Country 3. Country 3's defenses fail and it is conquered. A randomizer chooses country 1 or 2 to see who will get the land.

Events:
Some game events may occur in order to, spice up, gameplay. You may respond to the event in the PM. This may be a time where you can improve or worsen your relations an extra time or you may send and extra unit for a small scale invasion? You may be sent an event trigger like a Tactical Nuke, Spy, Mercenary, or Propagandist.

Spy - have a 25% chance of being caught, can bring back info from another country
Mercenary - 25% chance of failure, kill one type of unit from a target country
Propagandist - 25% chance of failure, run a smear campaign on an opponent and they loose a turn of troop growth
Tactical Nuke - 50% chance of Failure, destroy a country not occupied by a player to where the play that controls that country can not make troops out of it

Win Conditions:

1. Total Domination:
One country is left standing with all others destroyed and under there control.

2. Group effort:
Two or more countries in an alliance are the only two standing and all other countries are under at least one of there controls.

Note: The game can not be one with two alliances connected by one person.

(There is room for more or we can start with less.)
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 11:19:06 AM
This is just a copy of Drafterman's....

and we all know how that went.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 1:24:36 PM
At 3/5/2014 11:19:06 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:

I have changed alot, if you had actually read the post.

Not to mention that I did use the elements of that game to run this one.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

- Looking for Criticism
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 2:01:10 PM
At 3/5/2014 1:24:36 PM, thedebatekid wrote:

It's not good changes though. That's the problem.

Yes, over 75% of them, and that's conservative.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 3:43:21 PM
At 3/5/2014 2:01:10 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 3/5/2014 1:24:36 PM, thedebatekid wrote:

It's not good changes though. That's the problem.

Yes, over 75% of them, and that's conservative.

What'eva.

/in
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 3:47:23 PM
At 3/5/2014 11:14:58 AM, thedebatekid wrote:
Since my game of Trial By Jury went absolutely no where quickly I was wondering how a game of Diplomacy and War would go?

Here are the rules and sign up below:

RULES:
Overview
This will be a combination real-time/turn-based game. Diplomatic and Military actions can be submitted at any time during the day (via PM only). At midnight, all actions for the previous day are locked and will be processed as soon as I see them. All submitted actions are cumulative; subsequent actions are added to any previously submitted actions. If you wish to undo an action, you must explicitly say that. Unused actions are forfeit.

There will be a thread for public diplomacy that will be always open. At the beginning of each turn I will provide a report that summarizes the actions of the previous turn. Private communication with players is allowed and does not need to involve me.

The object of the game is to eliminate all opposing players.

Diplomacy
At the beginning of the game, the diplomatic relationships between each nation will be randomized (tending toward a neutral posture). The possible relationship values are:

[At War!] - Bad - Worsening - No Relations - Improving - Excellent - [Alliance]

Each turn, for each nation, you may perform the following actions:

Improve Relationship
Worsen Relationship
Nothing

If two nations both attempt to improve their relationship, the relationship improves one level, to a maximum of "Excellent."
If either nation attempts to worsen its relationship with another, the relationship worsens one level, to a minimum of "Bad". This happens regardless of what the other nation attempts to do.

For all other cases, the relationship stays the same.

Special Case - Alliance:
If two nations have an "Excellent" relationship, they may form an Alliance. Both nations must agree to form an Alliance. This has the following effects on the game:
The relationship between the two nations is fixed and cant be altered unless both countries choose to back out of the alliance.
The nations are no longer considered to be opponents in terms of winning the game.

Special Case - At War!
If two nations have "No Relations." Then war may be initiated through military action (next section). If two nations are at war, the only diplomatic option between the two nations is: Cease Fire. Both nations must agree to a Cease Fire, in which case their Diplomatic Relationship returns to "No Relations." Reminder: Declaring war is a military, not diplomatic, action.

Military
There are three types of military units in the game: Ground Troops, Air Forces, and Anti-Air Forces. The relationship between the forces is as follows:

Anti-Air Forces -beat- Air Forces -beat- Ground Troops -beat- Anti-Air Forces

The game begins with each country having 1 of each type of force. Each turn you may build one of the above forces and add it to your current forces.

Battle Mechanics:
Each Battle has two rounds. In the first round, each unit type eliminates unit types of the opposing army. Anti-air force units will eliminate air force units; air force units will eliminate ground troops; and ground troops will eliminate anti-air forces. This happens simultaneously and depends on how many of each you have.

For example:
You have 2 ground troops and 2 air forces against your opponent's 1 ground troop and 3 anti-air forces. Your 2 ground troops eliminate 2 of your opponents anti-air forces, your 2 air forces eliminate your opponent's 1 ground troop, your opponent's 1 ground troop does nothing, and your opponent's 3 anti-air forces eliminate your 2 air forces. At the end of this round you will have 2 ground groups and your opponent will have 1 anti-air force.

The second round resolves the battle based on the total number of remaining troops, regardless of type. This is determined randomly, the probability of win/loss is based upon the proportion of troops held by each player.

For example:
At the end of the first round, you have 2 units (2 ground troops) and your opponent has 1 unit (1 anti-air force). The total number of units involved is 3, meaning you have a 2/3 chance of winning and a 1/3 chance of losing.

The loser of the second round loses all of their forces involved in the battle.

Scenario One - Mutual Assault:
If two nations attack each other on the same turn, the forces they sent to attack each other engage in battle. The winning nation's forces automatically return to their home nation at the end of the battle.

Scenario Two - Unilateral Assault:
If one nation attacks another that isn't attacking them, the attacking forces will engage whatever forces the nation has left behind that are not committed to an attack elsewhere. If no such forces exist, and the nation has no forces whatsoever, the nation is conquered and is eliminated from the game. If the nation has forces committed to attacking other nations, those attacks are automatically cancelled and those forces will be used to defend the nation.

If an invading nation wins the Unilateral Assault, the losing nation is conquered and is eliminated from the game.

Scenario Three - Many-on-One:
If two or more nations attack the same nation a-la Unilateral assault, the defending nation's home forces will be split evenly among the invading armies. The placement of odd-men-out will be determined randomly. If the defending nation loses all of the battles, it will be eliminated and removed from the game.

Land
The amount of forces you produce is effected by the amount of land you control. For each country you have conquered or own you will produce 1 troop per turn.

For example:
Country 1 has conquered country 3, 4, and 5. Therefore he will produce 4 troops per turn. One for himself and one for each country he controls.
Country 2 has only conquered country 6. Therefore they will produce two troops per turn.

To determine who conquers what land there will be a randomization.

For Example:
Country 1 & 2 Attack Country 3. Country 3's defenses fail and it is conquered. A randomizer chooses country 1 or 2 to see who will get the land.

Events:
Some game events may occur in order to, spice up, gameplay. You may respond to the event in the PM. This may be a time where you can improve or worsen your relations an extra time or you may send and extra unit for a small scale invasion? You may be sent an event trigger like a Tactical Nuke, Spy, Mercenary, or Propagandist.

Spy - have a 25% chance of being caught, can bring back info from another country
Mercenary - 25% chance of failure, kill one type of unit from a target country
Propagandist - 25% chance of failure, run a smear campaign on an opponent and they loose a turn of troop growth
Tactical Nuke - 50% chance of Failure, destroy a country not occupied by a player to where the play that controls that country can not make troops out of it

Win Conditions:

1. Total Domination:
One country is left standing with all others destroyed and under there control.

2. Group effort:
Two or more countries in an alliance are the only two standing and all other countries are under at least one of there controls.

Note: The game can not be one with two alliances connected by one person.

8. lannan13 (Can't play from March 16th-Mar
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 3:47:39 PM
*March 22nd.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 3:57:16 PM
I would sign up, but I think the only person who people trust less than me is Mestari >.>
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 7:40:55 AM
At 3/5/2014 3:57:16 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I would sign up, but I think the only person who people trust less than me is Mestari >.>

Get him to sign up :)

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 8:00:07 AM
At 3/5/2014 3:57:16 PM, Zaradi wrote:

We need more people, it would be great if you joined.

- Looking for Criticism
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 11:15:41 AM
I will start tomorrow unless there are objections. Sign up while you still can.

- Looking for Criticism
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 11:19:29 AM
OH, you will also have to choose the name of your nation, country, group, kingdom, or empire.

Have fun trolling the name.

- Looking for Criticism
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 11:28:16 AM
I've had a change of heart

/in

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 2:43:38 PM
1. NOTLC
2. XLAV
3. TA
4. lannan
5. Zaradi?

- Looking for Criticism
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 2:46:40 PM
At 3/6/2014 11:19:29 AM, thedebatekid wrote:
OH, you will also have to choose the name of your nation, country, group, kingdom, or empire.

Have fun trolling the name.

/in

My nation is called: "The Holy Trail That Will Screw Many People Over the Butts"

My first course of action is to hire Chuck Norris into my army.
30 Important Life Lessons
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 2:48:06 PM
1. NOTLC
2. XLAV
3. TA
4. lannan
5. Zaradi?
6. Yay

- Looking for Criticism
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2014 6:23:34 AM
I'm in. This game seems a bit confusing and weird as well. Boring concept too, with three units, almost like Rock-Paper-Scissors Extreme.
Meanwhile every body join my much more diverse game with SECRET UNTOLD RULES, the empire game!!
Equestrian election

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2014 6:25:33 AM
1. NOTLC
2. XLAV
3. TA
4. lannan
5. Zaradi?
6. Yay
7. 9SK

- Looking for Criticism