Beginners' Mafia 22.2: DP3

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 6:53:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
DIED IN THE NIGHT

Yay - You are the even-night Role Cop. Every even night you may select a player. You will learn that player's role, but not their affiliation. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Josh
Khaos
Yay

LIVING PLAYERS

XLAV
Fazz
Ford
Oro
Jopo
Tyler
TS

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 7:30, DDO time, 3/9/14.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 6:54:08 PM
CORRECTION

W/ 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
DP ends at 7:30, on 3/13/14.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
jopo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 7:04:50 PM
Ok just read through the last dp and saw a lot of people saying I didn't claim - I came out and said in dp1 "we need more activity, so I'm going to claim" and claimed "vanilla-swizzle" which hopefully is clearly vanilla
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 7:04:50 PM
the ghost of yay farted on <censored by DDO Elite>
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
jopo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 7:06:50 PM
At 3/11/2014 7:04:50 PM, jopo wrote:
Ok just read through the last dp and saw a lot of people saying I didn't claim - I came out and said in dp1 "we need more activity, so I'm going to claim" and claimed "vanilla-swizzle" which hopefully is clearly vanilla

DP1 Post 118 - "
Ok that's great. Since basically everything I saw was "you claim" "no you claim!" and I really don't see a reason to not claim, and I'm hoping to get some wonderful activity going - what up dogs, it's me vanilla swizzle here to party it up with you.

Also, thank you Khaos for at least posting a few that could be you *hands award sheet with the words "TOWN READ" printed across it*, also going off gut I currently town read Josh *hands award* and I'm going to go back and look closer at Fazz and Ford and I think that pretty much covers all of the active people in this game - yes?

Also I'll throw together a claims list cause that crap matters."
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 7:33:14 PM

Hi, Jopo

Were you in Colorado last week? Someone said as much & I'm just curious cuz I live in Denver.

Also, thanks for reminding us that you read Josh as town when nobody else was reading him as such. That's a fascinating bit of info.

Here's what we've got in terms of claims-

LIVING PLAYERS

XLAV- Innocent child (confirmed)
Fazz- Mimic (Bodyguard) (unconfirmed)
Ford- Bodyguard (unconfirmed)
Oro- JoAT ( Copped Tyler in NP1, Doc'd Ford in NP2)
Jopo- Vanilla (unconfirmed)
Tyler- Priest (confirmed)
TS- Third Party Survivor (unconfirmed)

Of these I find Jopo's Vanilla claim most suspicious for 2 reasons

1) I have not yet seen a genuine Vanilla role assigned in prior games, although it is a popular claim for scum because its hard to verify and doesn't provoke much curiosity.

2) Yay's mission for NP2 was role cop Jopo.

Ford, Fazz- can you explain why you did not bodyguard Yay when that was the last info role left to us?

Tyler- did you get any visits last night?
jopo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 7:40:16 PM
At 3/11/2014 7:33:14 PM, Oromagi wrote:

Hi, Jopo

Were you in Colorado last week? Someone said as much & I'm just curious cuz I live in Denver.

Yeah I was over in Boulder though.
Also, thanks for reminding us that you read Josh as town when nobody else was reading him as such. That's a fascinating bit of info.

LIVING PLAYERS

1) I have not yet seen a genuine Vanilla role assigned in prior games, although it is a popular claim for scum because its hard to verify and doesn't provoke much curiosity.

The only thing is roles by bsh are generally genuinely randomly generated so it's not a matter of how cool it is to have an a game - trust me I was far from thrilled to learn I will literally being giving reads. That's also why I claimed, made a claim's list and posted reads once I became active dp1.

And targeting Yay would be a convenient move for a maf to make to push blame on me, or to protect against him checking anyone else if he decided to or just to kill the cop because confirming me as town would further narrow the pool.

Ford, Fazz- can you explain why you did not bodyguard Yay when that was the last info role left to us?

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 10:13:10 PM
Oro, I am highly suspicious of you right now. You have stated several times that Tyler is confirmed priest, but I have seen no evidence of that, other than the "going to church" soft claim. Oro you need to tell us why he is confirmed priest right now.

Last night I protected XLAV, as I had said I would unless we confirmed another townie. Yay was not confirmed last DP, he simply claimed role cop. I didn't know whether he was telling the truth, and even if he was, I thought the plan was to have me protect XLAV and fazz guard yay.

Which brings me to my second suspicious person... fazz claimed mimic, which interestingly can be either town or scum affiliated. And the plan to have fazz guard yay didn't work. So, I am definitely suspicious about him as well.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 10:16:16 PM
At 3/11/2014 10:13:10 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Oro, I am highly suspicious of you right now. You have stated several times that Tyler is confirmed priest, but I have seen no evidence of that, other than the "going to church" soft claim. Oro you need to tell us why he is confirmed priest right now.

Last night I protected XLAV, as I had said I would unless we confirmed another townie. Yay was not confirmed last DP, he simply claimed role cop. I didn't know whether he was telling the truth, and even if he was, I thought the plan was to have me protect XLAV and fazz guard yay.

Which brings me to my second suspicious person... fazz claimed mimic, which interestingly can be either town or scum affiliated. And the plan to have fazz guard yay didn't work. So, I am definitely suspicious about him as well.

Ok, so i guess i missed the last comment where you claimed JOAT and copped Tyler in NP 1. Ok, fair enough. Also it makes sense that you'd doctor me bc i was bodyguard so 2x the chances of saving town. I recant my suspicion. It actually looks like the last scum is either fazz, jopo, or TS
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 10:49:33 PM
At 3/11/2014 10:16:16 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 3/11/2014 10:13:10 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Ok, so i guess i missed the last comment where you claimed JOAT and copped Tyler in NP 1. Ok, fair enough. Also it makes sense that you'd doctor me bc i was bodyguard so 2x the chances of saving town. I recant my suspicion. It actually looks like the last scum is either fazz, jopo, or TS

I should clarify that I only got the info that Tyler was town. Priest came from somewhere in DP2, although it is interesting that if Tyler is a priest he should have seen me as a cop visiting him in NP1 and he has never said that. So, I'd say that priest is unconfirmed but town is confirmed.

Consider this- if you BG Tyler tonight and if he is still claiming priest, then he should be able to verify you as BG and town.

My only power left now is Vig- any thoughts about whether I should use it tonight and on who?
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 11:05:54 PM
I should clarify that I only got the info that Tyler was town. Priest came from somewhere in DP2, although it is interesting that if Tyler is a priest he should have seen me as a cop visiting him in NP1 and he has never said that. So, I'd say that priest is unconfirmed but town is confirmed.

Consider this- if you BG Tyler tonight and if he is still claiming priest, then he should be able to verify you as BG and town.

My only power left now is Vig- any thoughts about whether I should use it tonight and on who?

Good point. So from your standpoint, you currently are 100% sure XLAV and Tyler are town. That means you have a decent chance of killing scum. Perhaps you should use it on TS? If he actually is Survivor, he probably won't be targeted by mafia, and at least you didn't kill a townie. But then again, if he is telling the truth, he is relatively harmless and you wasted your vig kill. So idk, the riskier move is to shoot jopo or fazz. Could win us the game, but it could also help scum to a comeback win if you miss.
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 11:10:41 PM

Good point. So from your standpoint, you currently are 100% sure XLAV and Tyler are town. That means you have a decent chance of killing scum. Perhaps you should use it on TS? If he actually is Survivor, he probably won't be targeted by mafia, and at least you didn't kill a townie. But then again, if he is telling the truth, he is relatively harmless and you wasted your vig kill. So idk, the riskier move is to shoot jopo or fazz. Could win us the game, but it could also help scum to a comeback win if you miss.

Actually, I am going to take that back. I don't think Tyler has claimed anything. The source of Tyler=priest or bulletproof comes from Yay, but I don't ever see Tyler acknowledging this. If Yay role copped Tyler in NP1, then why would he be uncertain?
So, I don't know if Tyler has an info role or no.

Since we know Tyler is town, his absence is creating a big hole of uncertainty...
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 11:39:24 PM
Does this sound crazy? There are 3 unconfirmeds- Jopo, Ford, & Fazz. TS is unconfirmed but I don't know why he'd claim TP without being TP. What if Ford BGs Jopo and Fazz BGs Ford? Then I Vig Jopo. If Fazz dies, then we know to lynch Jopo for the win. If Ford dies, then we know to lynch Fazz for the win. If Jopo dies, then we know to lynch Ford for the win.

If I get scummed in the night, does my Vig go off first?
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 12:15:59 AM
Actually, I am going to take that back. I don't think Tyler has claimed anything. The source of Tyler=priest or bulletproof comes from Yay, but I don't ever see Tyler acknowledging this. If Yay role copped Tyler in NP1, then why would he be uncertain?
So, I don't know if Tyler has an info role or no.

OK, I'm seeing the "going to church" soft claim, so I think I understand where that came from.

What if fazz mimics Tyler and Ford BGs fazz? Then, fazz gets priest abilities and verifies Ford while Tyler verifies fazz. If both are verified then we know to kill Jopo.
TS-387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 12:39:31 AM

Hi, Jopo

LIVING PLAYERS

How are you supposed to confirm as survivor?
MST_SlGNATURE_31803
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 5:11:20 AM
Who did you protect last night?

I dont know. I knew Ford was going to gaurd you so I use my turn on Yay. So either it did not work or maybe Yay did something that got him killed?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 6:40:13 AM
At 3/12/2014 5:11:20 AM, fazz wrote:

I dont know. I knew Ford was going to gaurd you so I use my turn on Yay. So either it did not work or maybe Yay did something that got him killed?

It's either you're scum or we have a strongman or redirector here.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 6:48:06 AM
At 3/12/2014 6:40:13 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 3/12/2014 5:11:20 AM, fazz wrote:

It's either you're scum or we have a strongman or redirector here.
Or roleblocker.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 7:00:05 AM
My reads:

XLAV- Confirmed Town
Fazz- Null
Ford- Town
Oro- Leaning Scum
Jopo- Leaning Scum
Tyler- Leaning Town
TS- Legit TP (IMO)

It's either Oro or Jopo, if not, than it's either Tyler or Fazz

Tyler, I'm confused about your role. I would like you to full claim now please.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 7:03:08 AM
Claims List

Alive:
XLAV- Confirmed Innocent Child
Jopo - Vanilla
Tyler - Priest (Oro investigated)
Fazz - Bodyguard (mimic)
Ford - Bodyguard
TS- Survivor
Oro - JOAT

Dead:
Khaos - Tracker
Josh - Ninja
Yay - Town Role Cop
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 7:31:40 AM

Hi, Jopo

She town read Josh because Josh foolishly claimed a must-lynch role. I also town read Josh too because of that.

LIVING PLAYERS

Ford is confirmed because of Fazz. Fazz however is not confirmed, but in my opinion he's leaning town. (Yes, I changed my reads)

Any one can say they "copped someone" and "doc'd someone."

You could be a scum JOAT and role copped Tyler or you figured out Tyler's soft claim.

He's probably legit TP since this round needs to have a TP and no one CC'd him.

Yay didn't mention specifically who he would role cop,. He said he will role cop who he thinks is scum. Hence, this is why I scum read you.

Ford guarded me, Fazz guarded Yay. Tyler is an 'info' role too.

I would also like to know this.
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 9:35:04 AM
LIVING PLAYERS

Aight.

Suspicious -.-'

Seems like a good lynch target to me.

Suspicious as well.

Suspicious.

hmmm....

How'd you guess?

Probably not a liar.

Vanilla is a possible role. Just because you haven't seen it before doesn't mean it's impossible. I've seen it in games before. Yes it's an alright claim, but not perfect. Easily CC'ed

Scum knew this. This is meaningless evidence.

Nope
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 9:36:12 AM
At 3/12/2014 7:46:46 AM, XLAV wrote:
Alright Oro is scum. I will explain why tomorrow.

VTL Oro

I think I understand.

VTL Oro

I think our scum team is Oro and Fazz.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 9:44:46 AM
At 3/12/2014 9:36:12 AM, tylergraham95 wrote:

VTL Oro

I think I understand.

VTL Oro

What? No... Only Oro is scum.

I think there's 1 scum left since we have 1 TP and we got Josh already.

Anyway, are you really a priest Tyler?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 9:47:47 AM
At 3/12/2014 9:35:04 AM, tylergraham95 wrote:

Nope
Did Oro really visit you in NP1? Can you confirm his role?
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 10:06:45 AM
At 3/12/2014 9:47:47 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 3/12/2014 9:35:04 AM, tylergraham95 wrote:

Nope
Did Oro really visit you in NP1? Can you confirm his role?

He didn't visit me. Ergo, scum.
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 10:08:05 AM
At 3/12/2014 9:44:46 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 3/12/2014 9:36:12 AM, tylergraham95 wrote:

VTL Oro

I think I understand.

VTL Oro

What? No... Only Oro is scum.

I think there's 1 scum left since we have 1 TP and we got Josh already.

Anyway, are you really a priest Tyler?

Yes I am really the priest. I didn't notice Josh was scum.

Oro is definitely scum.