Total Posts:247|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 22.3: DP2

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 5:26:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
DIED IN THE NIGHT

Oro - You are Victor Garber. Because you are John Wilkes Booth, it seems apt to make you Vig. You win with the town.

(Hidden Mod Note: You are Brutal. You roleblock your victim.)

TS - You are Anderson Cooper. because it is your job to track down stories, information, and answers for your viewing public, you are the 2-Shot Tracker. You may select a player and learn who they visit. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD


Oro
TS

LIVING PLAYERS

XLAV
Fazz
Ford
Jopo
Tyler
Josh
Yay
Khaos
YYW

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 10:00pm DDO time, on 3/26/14.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 5:35:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
ATTENTION

Bladerunner is replacing Jopo.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 5:42:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VTL Josh

for saying Battlestar Galactica when there are no gay actors in that show. (Hooray I finally figured out the theme!)
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 5:47:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Josh (1/5) - Ford
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 5:53:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Also if we could get claims from fazz, bladerunner, khaos, and YYW, that would be awesome. Because everyone else has claimed already.
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 5:59:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Claims list
Dead:
Oro: Victor Garber / vigilante
TS: Anderson Cooper / 2 shot tracker

Living:
XLAV: Raven Symone
Fazz: ???
Ford: Zachary Quinto
Jopo/Bladerunner: ???
Tyler: Ian McKellen
Josh: Alessandro Juliani
Yay: George Takei
Khaos: ???
YYW: ???
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 6:09:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So...who thinks like Oro did that Raven is out of line with everyone else? It's a shame he never told us why she didn't fit, even though I was trying to pry it out of him.

Josh is still our best lead, although I am concerned about his character.
From the research, it seems ambigious that Josh's character is gay or not.
Is that enough to warrant a lynch?
We lost two townies, so we need to be careful.

Also, DO NOT DISCUSS PLANS IN THE DP.
Oro wanted josh dead, there is no reason he should still be alive, unless:
1. Josh is BP
2. Oro was RB
3. Oro was redirected
My work here is, finally, done.
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 6:19:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 6:09:02 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
So...who thinks like Oro did that Raven is out of line with everyone else? It's a shame he never told us why she didn't fit, even though I was trying to pry it out of him.

Josh is still our best lead, although I am concerned about his character.
From the research, it seems ambigious that Josh's character is gay or not.
Is that enough to warrant a lynch?
We lost two townies, so we need to be careful.

Also, DO NOT DISCUSS PLANS IN THE DP.
Oro wanted josh dead, there is no reason he should still be alive, unless:
1. Josh is BP
2. Oro was RB
3. Oro was redirected

It's my understanding that Josh's actor is not gay. The character he plays on Battlestar Galactica, however, is gay. So this actually is kind of nuanced, because Bsh says in his OP that mod psychology is a dangerous thing to analyze. Is it possible Bsh didn't know that Alessandro Juliani isn't gay in real life? Or maybe he did know, but didn't care and made him town anyway?

As for Raven, the only difference I can think of is that she's female. Everyone else that claimed is male. But she is lesbian, so it's also a tricky situation.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 6:22:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am on, and will be participating. I need to read the previous DPs first and I'm at work, so that may take awhile depending on things. But I'm actually, for once, not working a 24, so I should easily be able to get chatty at some point a bit later tonight (barring, like, some kind of catastrophe).
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 6:23:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Also, as for Oro wanting Josh dead, it's true but Josh is by far not the only person Oro suspected. Oro also strongly suspected TS for being a news personality instead of an actor like the rest of us, and TS died. I think it's actually way more likely that last night Oro shot TS and scum killed Oro.
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 6:25:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 6:22:40 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
I am on, and will be participating. I need to read the previous DPs first and I'm at work, so that may take awhile depending on things. But I'm actually, for once, not working a 24, so I should easily be able to get chatty at some point a bit later tonight (barring, like, some kind of catastrophe).

Unvote
VTL bladerunner


Can you claim?
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 6:28:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 6:25:03 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 3/24/2014 6:22:40 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
I am on, and will be participating. I need to read the previous DPs first and I'm at work, so that may take awhile depending on things. But I'm actually, for once, not working a 24, so I should easily be able to get chatty at some point a bit later tonight (barring, like, some kind of catastrophe).

Unvote
VTL bladerunner


Can you claim?

Pressuring me when I still have basically no idea what's going on is absurd. I'm not going to claim until I know whether I WANT to claim--frankly, it's pretty dang scummy of you to even try. I haven't even seen if Jopo participated whatsoever yet.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 6:29:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 6:28:01 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 6:25:03 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 3/24/2014 6:22:40 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
I am on, and will be participating. I need to read the previous DPs first and I'm at work, so that may take awhile depending on things. But I'm actually, for once, not working a 24, so I should easily be able to get chatty at some point a bit later tonight (barring, like, some kind of catastrophe).

Unvote
VTL bladerunner


Can you claim?

Pressuring me when I still have basically no idea what's going on is absurd. I'm not going to claim until I know whether I WANT to claim--frankly, it's pretty dang scummy of you to even try. I haven't even seen if Jopo participated whatsoever yet.

no. character claim now before you have time to check to see if you fit the town theme or to make up a fake claim. We don't need your role. Just your character. Refusing that request is scummy.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 6:36:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 6:29:26 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 3/24/2014 6:28:01 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 6:25:03 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 3/24/2014 6:22:40 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
I am on, and will be participating. I need to read the previous DPs first and I'm at work, so that may take awhile depending on things. But I'm actually, for once, not working a 24, so I should easily be able to get chatty at some point a bit later tonight (barring, like, some kind of catastrophe).

Unvote
VTL bladerunner


Can you claim?

Pressuring me when I still have basically no idea what's going on is absurd. I'm not going to claim until I know whether I WANT to claim--frankly, it's pretty dang scummy of you to even try. I haven't even seen if Jopo participated whatsoever yet.

no. character claim now before you have time to check to see if you fit the town theme or to make up a fake claim. We don't need your role. Just your character. Refusing that request is scummy.

Arguing with you is wasting my valuable reading time.

I already know the theme, and anyone who didn't look at their role PM, and the first post of DP1 and figure it out is...well, perhaps just not used to trying to figure out such things. If I wanted to fake claim, I could do so already. I just want to know whether I think it's going to help the town to tell who I am.

For the record, if I was scum, I'd have had no reason to have posted in the first place until I'd actually had a chance to read the whole thing. I also would have a fake claim ready to go, most likely.

Pressuring me before I'm ready is not going to work. I'm not saying anything until I know what's going on--rash decisions from townies generally only help scum.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 7:07:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 5:42:56 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
VTL Josh

for saying Battlestar Galactica when there are no gay actors in that show. (Hooray I finally figured out the theme!)

YEAH! VTL Josh and TS for reasons outlined by Oro

Also:
Oro said:
i have no idea what the theme is

How is that possible? Josh essentially just said it outright in the last 3 posts.
You have no idea what much-discussed attribute the named actors all share?


But: Oro do you think it could be both gay and child-actors?

My code for now: 12 - 2
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 7:17:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 7:15:12 PM, YYW wrote:
So, I've been away from DDO for a bit. Can someone fill me in on the last DP?

Not much.. just look at post # 8.
YYW
Posts: 36,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 7:22:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 7:15:35 PM, fazz wrote:
Wait.. did Oro say "Tyler" or "TS" in the first DP?

I can not remember..

I love the fact that Oro was Victor Garber.

I'm sure that someone out there has to be George Michael, too. But, did the mod post a list of the roles? If so, can someone link me to it?
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 7:28:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
But seriously, does anyone have any idea who might be scum other than post 8 in this thread? How about an idea of whether we're dealing with two mafia or three?

I think it's just two, based on the layout of the game but that's really just a guess.

I'm especially interested in Khaos's reads.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 7:32:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 7:29:19 PM, fazz wrote:
Nobody claimed this:

That doesn't really fit.

I'll bet there's a Neil Patrick Harris out there too... or a Rosie O'Donnel.
Tsar of DDO
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 7:40:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 7:32:50 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/24/2014 7:29:19 PM, fazz wrote:
Nobody claimed this:

That doesn't really fit.

I'll bet there's a Neil Patrick Harris out there too... or a Rosie O'Donnel.

why doesnt it fit?
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 8:01:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
i think Khaos is scum, but i have no evidence, so meh, lets snipe josh
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 8:03:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2014 8:01:45 PM, yay842 wrote:
i think Khaos is scum, but i have no evidence, so meh, lets snipe josh

Wait, I was getting a scum vibe from Khaos too. Why do you feel he is scum?