Jump to topic:

Class War: Post-Game Freedopalooza

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 12:16:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The game is over but the story lives on!

Continue writing the story of your nations. The only rule is that they stay at peace. You don't need me to mod it. Just agree on things.

In the meantime, I'll be posting some stats on the game.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:27:43 AM
My nation decides to create a new constitution, one that allows them to vote on who becomes the Emperor, every 5 years. The citizens are granted human and worker's rights in this new constitution. However, since everyone in my nation is of a Daytona bloodline, I'll still be able to write this story. :)

Some people are Loyalists, who believe that the Absolute Commander should be selected from people of the First Daytona Bloodline. The Constitutionalists, mostly made up of the revolutionaries from Round 5, in my own bloodline, simply believe in choosing the best representative of the constitution, human rights, and economic policy, along with repairing the international relations that were frayed in the Final War.

Emperor Daytona XIV, the emperor during the Final War, dies of a heart attack when reading the new constitution. He wasn't really popular anyways. Something about carpet bombing his own people. The elections were held one week later. What happened during that week of no emperor? A one-week long music festival, that's what. It was called Live Peace. The main cities of the Daytona Empire participated. As for the others? I'm not exactly sure which other nations contributed, I was too drunk to remember. (Hint, hint, this is your time to link to the Live Peace festival, if you want, with your own celebrations. Make it a global festival).

Finally, it was Election Day. There were 3 options on the ballot. Only 2 candidates ran in that election, formally. The first was formerly the Child of the Sun, or the heir to the emperor, Prince Zuko(Points to anyone who gets the reference). Zuko heavily disagreed with some of his father's policies. So much so, that Daytona XIV burned a permanent scar onto the left side of Zuko's face, as punishment. Zuko was a more peace-loving, idealist guy, and pretty young, too(About 20). The other candidate was the president of the constitutional election, George Washington Carver. He's good at getting things done, and he's a born inventor. The only thing was, he sort of had a peanut fetish. It would be history if he were elected, as he was a black man. How, you ask? There are several paths to the Daytona bloodline, that lead to people looking different, and so by the time of this election, there were actually races of Daytona. Of course, there was a write-in vote, for those people who wanted Cthulhu.

The election was a very close one. The loyalists unanimously voted for Zuko, while the Constitutionalists almost unanimously voted for GW Carver. It came down to the independent voters. They were split, 50/50 , on who to vote on. Zuko, however, got a few more votes, as people were sympathetic to his cause. Of the 1.7 million eligible voters(everybody has to vote, except for children), Zuko won by a few thousand votes, beating Carver by a margin of 50.1% to Carver's 49.9%. The day after, Zuko became Emperor Daytona XV.

TO BE CONTINUED...
#FeeltheFreezerBern
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 1:32:21 PM
Population levels throughout the game:

Round 1.

All payers had one character.

Round 2.

Lucky_Luciano: 40

Zaradi: 30

XLAV: 25

Cooldudebro: 20

Juan_Pablo: 20

Daytona: 15

NightofTheLivingCats: 10

thedebatekid: 1

lannan13: 1

SolonKR: 1

TS-387: 1

donald.keller: 1

Round 3,

Juan_Pablo: 300

Zaradi: 220

Cooldudebro: 220

XLAV: 160

Daytona: 80

NightofTheLivingCats: 80

donald.keller: 80

SolonKR: 60

thedebatekid: 20

lannan13: 20

TS-387: 20

Round 4

Juan_Pablo: 13,954

Mikal:11,860

Daytonanerd: 10,776

Lucky_Luciano: 10,680

XLAV : 3,598

Cooldudebro: 2,410

NightofTheLivingCats: 2,302

SolonKR: 1,290

TS-387: 1,184

Donald.Keller: 976

Round 5

Daytona: 2,000,000

Juan_Pabo: 1,200,000

Everyone else: 800,000
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 1:37:14 PM
Total number of messages in my inbox related to the game: 102

Most unread messages at once: 27
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 2:06:19 PM
In the beginning of the age of the first men, the first Ekslov was born. He made friends with the first Zaradi, the first Luciano and the first Felino and they all camped near the beach. All was good when suddenly the first Broson, the first Ovid and the first Daytona attacked the camp. The battle was intense. The rain was hitting everyone hard and weapons were flying everywhere. Ekslov was shot and Felino was injured, but at the end, the storm cleared and the defenders won.

https://www.youtube.com...

TO BE CONTONUED...
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 2:16:24 PM
The nation of Ekslov built a time machine to go to the past and to get video footages of our ancestors.

The Battle of The First Men (Round 1)
(Above this post)
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 2:32:57 PM
LOL. I'll add the Democratic Republic of Ovid's after story within the week. (I've got several other things I have to take care of first.)
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 2:57:38 PM
At 3/26/2014 1:37:14 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Total number of messages in my inbox related to the game: 102

Most unread messages at once: 27

One thing I want to know: What were your other divine interventions throughout the game? I got two of them..
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 2:59:45 PM
Daytonanerd wrote:

"Emperor Daytona XIV, the emperor during the Final War, dies of a heart attack when reading the new constitution. He wasn't really popular anyways. Something about carpet bombing his own people. "

Yeah. I would say he was lucky to keep his job after that military decision. :P
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 12:15:43 PM
ROUND 2

80 years later, since everyone was a man they had to fvck monkeys in order to repopulate. The descendants of the ancestors who won in The Battle of The First Men lived in the island. The descendants of the ancestors who lost in The Battle of The First Men were exiled in the desert. The island was rich in food but lacked good metals, while the desert was rich in bronze but lacked food. The trading system was born, but it did not last long. Treachery, manipulation, treason and betrayal ruined the peace. The Felino family attacked the Ekslov family and the family of Zaradi and the family of Luciano attacked the desert dwellers and the family of Ekslov in the island. In the end, because of their advance technology, the desert dwellers, the family of Ekslov and family of Felino, a new ally who helped the desert dwellers triumphed.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 4:48:48 PM
At 3/27/2014 12:15:43 PM, XLAV wrote:
ROUND 2

80 years later, since everyone was a man they had to fvck monkeys in order to repopulate. The descendants of the ancestors who won in The Battle of The First Men lived in the island. The descendants of the ancestors who lost in The Battle of The First Men were exiled in the desert. The island was rich in food but lacked good metals, while the desert was rich in bronze but lacked food. The trading system was born, but it did not last long. Treachery, manipulation, treason and betrayal ruined the peace. The Felino family attacked the Ekslov family and the family of Zaradi and the family of Luciano attacked the desert dwellers and the family of Ekslov in the island. In the end, because of their advance technology, the desert dwellers, the family of Ekslov and family of Felino, a new ally who helped the desert dwellers triumphed.

If FREEDO reveals the divine interventions, he will note that it was me who led the desert dwellers to victory.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:50:38 PM
At 3/26/2014 2:57:38 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
One thing I want to know: What were your other divine interventions throughout the game? I got two of them..

Round 1: I told Lucky to leave the cave with Night which resulted in everyone meeting at the beach.

Round 2: I can't remember and I can't find it.

Round 3: I told Daytona to protect Donald from Zaradi.

Round 4: Initially had Cooldudebro stage a revolution but it didn't work. Told Daytona to attack everyone instead.

Round 5: None
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:54:42 PM
At 3/29/2014 12:50:38 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Round 1: I told Lucky to leave the cave with Night which resulted in everyone meeting at the beach.

Round 4: Initially had Cooldudebro stage a revolution but it didn't work. Told Daytona to attack everyone instead.

I'm pretty sure that I protected Donald in Round 2, not 3. Because I died in round 3 because of the volcano.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:55:16 PM
At 3/29/2014 12:52:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Top 3 players by skill level:

1. Donald
2. Juan
3. Zaradi

Yeah, pretty accurate. Shame Zaradi had to leave in Round 3.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:56:14 PM
At 3/29/2014 12:54:42 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

I'm pretty sure that I protected Donald in Round 2, not 3. Because I died in round 3 because of the volcano.

Yeah, you're right, switch 2 and 3.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:56:32 PM

Also, I made sure your Round 4 revolution intervention failed by turning Night and Cool against each other.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:59:38 PM
At 3/29/2014 12:56:32 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Also, I made sure your Round 4 revolution intervention failed by turning Night and Cool against each other.
I was honestly going to do a Napoleon act in Round 4. Lol.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:00:47 PM
At 3/29/2014 12:59:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 3/29/2014 12:56:32 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

I was honestly going to do a Napoleon act in Round 4. Lol.

Beat you to the punch, lol.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:20:08 PM
Players that died:

Round 1:
Solon (stabbed in the eye)
TS-387 (dehydration)

Round 2:
TS-387 (dehydration)
thedebatekid (dehydration)
lannan (dehydration)
Lucky (ship sunk)

Round 3:
thedebatekid (disease)
lannan (disease)
hematite (disease)
Just-Your-Average-Atheist (disease)
Lucky (volcano)
Daytona (volcano)

Round 4:
n/a

Round 5:
n/a
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:42:46 PM

: Round 3: I told Daytona to protect Donald from Zaradi.

F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK MY PLAN TOTALLY WOULD'VE WORKED IF YOU DIDN'T STEP IN. F*CKING MOTHERF*CKER
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:50:13 PM
At 3/29/2014 1:42:46 PM, Zaradi wrote:
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK MY PLAN TOTALLY WOULD'VE WORKED IF YOU DIDN'T STEP IN. F*CKING MOTHERF*CKER

Lol. It was fate.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:59:28 PM

In my defense, you kind of deserved it.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 2:05:14 PM
At 3/29/2014 12:52:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Top 3 players by skill level:

1. Donald
2. Juan
3. Zaradi

Also, I deserve to be number 5, or 4. I may have relied on divine intervention a lot, but come on. I at least deserve some credit for creating the only nation that didn't come from revolution, discounting the first 4 nations.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 2:11:51 PM
At 3/29/2014 1:59:28 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Wait, what was Zaradi's plan in Round 3?
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 2:13:45 PM
At 3/29/2014 2:11:51 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 3/29/2014 1:59:28 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Wait, what was Zaradi's plan in Round 3?

No, it's round 2 we're talking about. FREEDO initially got the order of 2 and 3 confused. Zaradi was going to invade the desert, and take over Donald and his resources.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 4:32:11 PM
Ovid (region).

The geographic region known as Ovid is a lush, green fertile land home to 1.3 million people. Composed of two Island continents, it shares the northern continent with 3 other nations, and borders them with a towering mountain range on the west and a cluster of lakes and icy wetlands in the northwest. The northeast of the continent, Freedonia, is covered in sparsely inhabited mountains but is a popular destination for avid hunters and excursionists that appreciate the great outdoors.

The northern continent of Ovid is commonly referred to as "Northern Ovid" by its inhabitants; it consist of large swathes of agricultural farmland bordered by lush forests, prairies and coastal beaches. It is also the natural habitat of several thousand dragons - protected by animal welfare laws - that reside primarily in the nation's icy wetlands of the northwest. These dangerous beauties have a history of being both friend and foe to the region's humans, but also have a reliable tendency of keeping out of sight when it serves the good of both species.

More than 55% of Ovidians reside on the northern continent, which is home to several large cities and the capital - Grand Palace. Home to more than a quarter of million people, the nation's capital is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the world and a hub for international political and financial power brokering. The United Nations has named it "one of five" of the most influential cities in the world, in the areas of international diplomacy, economics, and cultural influence. It is also recognized as one of the chief birthplaces of democracy, as it was the location in which news writer and anti-royalist Geoff Dupree ranted against the abuses of King Ocam's royal government and endorsed a system where people got to select their national leaders through a vote. Humiliated in the Civil War for Independence to follow, King Ocam was expelled from office and lived the remainder of his acrimonious life under house arrest in the outskirts of the city.

Except for a few attempted invasions by Emperor Daytona's armed forces during the Great War, the nation has been at relative peace with the world, and still endorses the view that, "there are only different degrees of losing after a bloody war" - a philosophy adhered to by the nation's President during the last global armed conflict.

Southern Ovid . . . (to be continued)