Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

TV Tropes/Transformers Mafia Sign-Ups

trekie
Posts: 800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 8:00:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Due to the current dry spell of active mafia players on the site I've prepeared one smaller, and one larger game for my first mod outing. Anyone who has completed a Beginner-series or participated (without dropping out) in a regular game are welcome to sign up.

1) TV Tropes Mafia (13 players)
TV Tropes personified is a simple, fun setup with fairly basic roles, and only moderate personal touches. Characters for the theme were picked exclusively from this http://tvtropes.org... website.

2) Transformers Mafia (16 players)
A more complex game, with regular and original roles alike. Characters for this theme were picked from multiply Transformers media, such as films, cartoons, and comics. Borrowing the idea from Drafter's Star Wars Mafia, there are no verbose justifications provided for character-role associations. Instead, I've provided quotes which, in most cases, give hints to why that character has that role(s).

When you sign up, please note which theme(s) out of the two you're interested in playing. I'm not asking for preference at this time, I'm only asking which game(s) would you be willing to play if there's enough interest for them. If I get 16 players I will run the larger (Transformers) game, if not then the smaller game (TV Tropes) will have to do.

The game will start when either TN05's or Jon's game are halfway through and I have at least 13 players signed up for the smaller theme.

Sign-Up List:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
XLAV
Posts: 14,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 8:54:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2014 8:00:02 AM, trekie wrote:
Due to the current dry spell of active mafia players on the site I've prepeared one smaller, and one larger game for my first mod outing. Anyone who has completed a Beginner-series or participated (without dropping out) in a regular game are welcome to sign up.

1) TV Tropes Mafia (13 players)
TV Tropes personified is a simple, fun setup with fairly basic roles, and only moderate personal touches. Characters for the theme were picked exclusively from this http://tvtropes.org... website.

2) Transformers Mafia (16 players)
A more complex game, with regular and original roles alike. Characters for this theme were picked from multiply Transformers media, such as films, cartoons, and comics. Borrowing the idea from Drafter's Star Wars Mafia, there are no verbose justifications provided for character-role associations. Instead, I've provided quotes which, in most cases, give hints to why that character has that role(s).

When you sign up, please note which theme(s) out of the two you're interested in playing. I'm not asking for preference at this time, I'm only asking which game(s) would you be willing to play if there's enough interest for them. If I get 16 players I will run the larger (Transformers) game, if not then the smaller game (TV Tropes) will have to do.

The game will start when either TN05's or Jon's game are halfway through and I have at least 13 players signed up for the smaller theme.

Sign-Up List:
1. XLAV
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife
trekie
Posts: 800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 2:11:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sign-Up List:
1. XLAV
2. TN05 (Both)
3. Khaos_Mage (Both)
4. Josh_b (Both)
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.

I forgot to say earlier but in order to keep things smooth, please friend me when you sign up.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 9:01:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/29/2014 2:11:50 AM, trekie wrote:
Sign-Up List:
1. XLAV
2. TN05 (Both)
3. Khaos_Mage (Both)
4. Josh_b (Both)
5. Skepsikyma (TV Tropes)
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.

I forgot to say earlier but in order to keep things smooth, please friend me when you sign up.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
trekie
Posts: 800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 2:41:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sign-Up List:
1. XLAV
2. TN05
3. Khaos_Mage
4. Josh_b
5. Skepsikyma
6. TUF
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.

I'm gonna partially take TV's advice regarding the number of players. I'm shelving the Transformers game for another time and will definitely run the TV Tropes theme this time around. The game will start on the 7th of April with either the required 13 players or it will be reworked to accommodate for the number of players who had signed-up by then.
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 8:58:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/30/2014 2:41:14 AM, trekie wrote:
Sign-Up List:
1. XLAV
2. TN05
3. Khaos_Mage
4. Josh_b
5. Skepsikyma
6. TUF
7. yay
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.

I'm gonna partially take TV's advice regarding the number of players. I'm shelving the Transformers game for another time and will definitely run the TV Tropes theme this time around. The game will start on the 7th of April with either the required 13 players or it will be reworked to accommodate for the number of players who had signed-up by then.
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 3:57:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
If Skepti is in I'll try to make it a game.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
TUF
Posts: 21,930
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 4:01:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/4/2014 3:57:10 AM, Noumena wrote:
If Skepti is in I'll try to make it a game.

Inb4 you disappear for a month halfway through.
Tournament debate, needs votes:
http://www.debate.org...
trekie
Posts: 800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 4:11:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/4/2014 3:57:10 AM, Noumena wrote:
If Skepti is in I'll try to make it a game.
Awesome! I knew Skep would earn his invite. :) Now, if only Zaradi would budge.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 10:05:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/4/2014 4:01:16 AM, TUF wrote:
At 4/4/2014 3:57:10 AM, Noumena wrote:
If Skepti is in I'll try to make it a game.

Inb4 you disappear for a month halfway through.

I'm too cool for consistency.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
NightofTheLivingCats
Posts: 2,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 3:32:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/31/2014 8:58:20 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 3/30/2014 2:41:14 AM, trekie wrote:
Sign-Up List:
1. XLAV
2. TN05
3. Khaos_Mage
4. Josh_b
5. Skepsikyma
6. TUF
7. yay
8. NightCats
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.

I'm gonna partially take TV's advice regarding the number of players. I'm shelving the Transformers game for another time and will definitely run the TV Tropes theme this time around. The game will start on the 7th of April with either the required 13 players or it will be reworked to accommodate for the number of players who had signed-up by then.
MASTERY
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 6:16:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh well, I can't sign up to any game because of no-games. No games will accept people who haven't played on this site.
NightofTheLivingCats
Posts: 2,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 6:34:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/5/2014 6:16:35 AM, MASTERY wrote:
Oh well, I can't sign up to any game because of no-games. No games will accept people who haven't played on this site.

No, you can sign up. We BARELY have 15 players TOTAL.
MASTERY
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 4:21:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/5/2014 3:32:20 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 3/31/2014 8:58:20 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 3/30/2014 2:41:14 AM, trekie wrote:
Sign-Up List:
1. XLAV
2. TN05
3. Khaos_Mage
4. Josh_b
5. Skepsikyma
6. TUF
7. yay
8. NightCats
9. Mastery
10.
11.
12.
13.

I'm gonna partially take TV's advice regarding the number of players. I'm shelving the Transformers game for another time and will definitely run the TV Tropes theme this time around. The game will start on the 7th of April with either the required 13 players or it will be reworked to accommodate for the number of players who had signed-up by then.

Ok, nights I signed up
trekie
Posts: 800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 8:30:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/5/2014 6:16:35 AM, MASTERY wrote:
Oh well, I can't sign up to any game because of no-games. No games will accept people who haven't played on this site.
I'll take you, but better not make me regret it.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 12:11:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/6/2014 8:34:10 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Oh we have spinko?

F*ck it, that's worth. I'll /in up.

/in

And now maybe it's not worth :p
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Believer in the heart of the cards.

" . . . most people can't see the cherries for the trees" - Mixed metaphors are bae
MASTERY
Posts: 30
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 4:42:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/5/2014 4:21:43 PM, MASTERY wrote:
At 4/5/2014 3:32:20 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 3/31/2014 8:58:20 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 3/30/2014 2:41:14 AM, trekie wrote:
Sign-Up List:
1. XLAV
2. TN05
3. Khaos_Mage
4. Josh_b
5. Skepsikyma
6. TUF
7. yay
8. NightCats
9. Mastery
10. Zaradi
11. SolonKR
12.
13.

I'm gonna partially take TV's advice regarding the number of players. I'm shelving the Transformers game for another time and will definitely run the TV Tropes theme this time around. The game will start on the 7th of April with either the required 13 players or it will be reworked to accommodate for the number of players who had signed-up by then.

Ok, nights I signed up
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,191
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 11:00:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/6/2014 4:42:12 PM, MASTERY wrote:
At 4/5/2014 4:21:43 PM, MASTERY wrote:
At 4/5/2014 3:32:20 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 3/31/2014 8:58:20 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 3/30/2014 2:41:14 AM, trekie wrote:
Sign-Up List:
1. XLAV
2. TN05
3. Khaos_Mage
4. Josh_b
5. Skepsikyma
6. TUF
7. yay
8. NightCats
9. Mastery
10. Zaradi
11. SolonKR
12. ford_prefect
13.

I'm gonna partially take TV's advice regarding the number of players. I'm shelving the Transformers game for another time and will definitely run the TV Tropes theme this time around. The game will start on the 7th of April with either the required 13 players or it will be reworked to accommodate for the number of players who had signed-up by then.

Ok, nights I signed up

in for either/both!
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 5:56:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/4/2014 3:57:10 AM, Noumena wrote:
If Skepti is in I'll try to make it a game.

Yay! This will be glorious!
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,653
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 11:47:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Ah what the heck. /in. If this game fails gloriously, it's on TUF.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
trekie
Posts: 800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 12:40:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Bah. Sorry guys about the delay, but I've been having internet/computer issues during the past few days. I'll try to send out PMs as soon as everybody have accepted my friend requests.

Final Playerlist:
1. XLAV
2. TN05
3. Khaos_Mage
4. Josh_b
5. Skepsikyma
6. TUF
7. Yay
8. NightCats
9. Mastery
10. Zaradi
11. SolonKR
12. ford_prefect
13. Noumena
14. Lucky_Luciano
Zaradi
Posts: 14,314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 12:48:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/7/2014 11:47:34 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Ah what the heck. /in. If this game fails gloriously, it's on TUF.

Awh gawddamnit. Is it too late for me to pull out? I don't wanna play with yucky yucky Mestari D:
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
trekie
Posts: 800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 2:53:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Allright, everybody expect NightCats had accepted my friend request, coincidentally he was the only one I couldn't message at all to begin with. So since my internet access is still pretty restricted at the moment, I'm going back to 13 players and start sending out role PMs now. NightCats is more than welcome to be a replacement if the need arises later on.
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 10:55:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/9/2014 2:53:08 AM, trekie wrote:
Allright, everybody expect NightCats had accepted my friend request, coincidentally he was the only one I couldn't message at all to begin with. So since my internet access is still pretty restricted at the moment, I'm going back to 13 players and start sending out role PMs now. NightCats is more than welcome to be a replacement if the need arises later on.

Can I be a replacement. If need be. Thanks!