STAR TREK MAFIA: Day Phase Four

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 10:15:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Blade - You are the KAZON. The Kazon are highly aggressive and quick to resort to fighting and violence. They suspect everyone of plotting against them, they ritualize violence, and their plots are blunt, but rarely well-thought out. Because of your bloodlust, you are the STRONGMAN. Each night if you target another player for death, you bypass any protective abilities (Doctor, Jailkeeper, Bulletproof, etc.) they may have. You do not get additional kills on top of the mafia NK. You win with the mafia.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Josh - You are VULCAN. Vulcans are a highly logical race, and you have learned to master your emotion to pursue logical conclusions. Because of your rationality and ability to hunt down the truth, you are the TRACKER. Every even night, you may select a player. You will learn who they visit. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Yay
Khaos
9Space
Anti
Ford
XLAV
NightCats
Blade
Josh

LIVING PLAYERS

TV
Khaos
Bullish
G&P

With 4 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at noon, DDO time, on 4/3/14.

Live Long, and Prosper!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 10:23:09 PM
CORRECTION

This is actually DP5...sorry.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 12:32:04 AM
Le list
DEAD FOR NOW
yay842 - ROMULAN, NINJA, MAFIA - Lynched DP1
Khaos_Mage (1) - BORG, CULT LEADER, 3P - Died NP1
9spaceking - KLINGON, SAMURAI (Immune to recruitment) - Lynched DP2
TheAntidoter - BAJORAN, MILLER - Died NP2
ford_prefect - BOLIAN, LOBBYIST - Died NP2
XLAV - ANDROID, ASCETIC - Lynched DP3
NightOfTheLivingCats - Q, INNOCENT CHILD - Killed NP3
bladerunner060 - KAZON, STRONGMAN - Lynched DP4
Josh_b - HUMAN, TRACKER - Killed NP4

NOT DEAD YET
tvellalott - MIZARIAN, PACIFIST (Cannot cast lynch vote) - ROLE CONFIRMED
Khaos_Mage (2) - HUMAN, JOAT (1x KILL, 1x ???, 1x BULLETPROOF)
---NP1: ???
---NP2: Killed ford_prefect
---NP3: ???
---NP4: ???
Bullish - BETAZOID, COP
---NP1: Investigated Solon, innocent
---NP2: Investigated Josh_b, innocent
---NP3: Investigated bladerunner060, guilty
---NP4: Investigated ???
TheGreatAndPowerful - DENOBULAN, DOCTOR
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 12:44:55 AM
Well well well, what a pickle we find ourselves in.
I'm the most obvious target of a lynch today, although I know I am town.
From my perspective, the order of most to least likely to be town is...

Khaos_Mage(2)
Bullish
TheGreatAndPowerful

And here's my thoughts...

Khaos_Mage claimed the kill on ford_prefect and given this claim is uncontested, I'm liable to believe it. Even though ford turned out to be town, the fact that mafia also killed that night (and killed the obvious choice, the double-voter) he is seeming very much confirmed.
Bullish gave us a guilty on blade, but blade almost certainly would have been the target of a lynch that day anyway, so it could be a WIFOM-type sacrifice of a fellow scum, so that when we got to this position, he would seem pro-town. I have done this myself before as scum, so it's not unfeasible, in fact, it's quite probable.
TheGreatAndPowerful, unfortunately, has not has a chance to be useful if he is in fact the doctor, on account of him being the replacement of someone who didn't participate at all. Given the fact we have a STRONGMAN, his role is possible, but we have Khaos claiming to have BULLETPROOF powers so it's not certain.
We should probably no lynch today and eliminate one of the possibilities. Khaos is safe, on account of him having a BULLETPROOF ability which has not been used. Whoever lives out of Bullish and TheGreatAndPowerful is probably scum. Of course, scum could just choose to no kill and around and around we go until mod says "TODAY, WE LYNCH!"
If I die today, mafia win, so I'm hoping logic prevails.

So, I'll wait to hear from the rest of you and let Khaos lead the lynch. If he chooses me, so be it and good game to mafia.

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 12:46:11 AM
Actually, I keep forgetting we have a MILLER in this game, so we must have a COP.
Stupid.

VOTE TheGreatAndPowerful who is most certainly scum

Muh threads
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 12:54:50 AM
VOTE COUNT

G&P (1/3) - TV

nac
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 7:33:35 AM
At 4/2/2014 12:46:11 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Actually, I keep forgetting we have a MILLER in this game, so we must have a COP.
Stupid.

And we have a strongman, which is hardly warranted given my 1x.
Was there any other protection?

So, if josh wasn't protected, does that mean doc is lying?
If doc was misdirected, then you must be scum, since there is likely no GF, and G&F is innocent.
But, if you are indeed town, then cop must not exist, and it was a bus for town cred.
My work here is, finally, done.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 7:51:22 AM
I consider Bullish Town for reasons previously stated last phase.

I'm obviously not going to suggest we lynch me, so I basically have to choose between Khaos and TV.

The mechanics of the double death a few phases ago works in Khaos' favor. The roles are pretty simplistic and the cases where a mafia would manage to work in a second night kill are slim. Alternatively, all the mafia could be dead and the final scum is a third party killer. The lack of double deaths the other nights could be accounted for via coincidence (killing the same person) or protective abilities. A possibility, but slim.

The most concerning thing for me is that, on DP1, when Khaos was not mafia, he hypothesized that Q would be mafia. After he died and replaced in, and someone claimed Q, he did not follow-up on that line of reasoning. This strikes me as add.

However, based on the set-up of the game, I'm leaning toward Khaos being town.

That leaves TV.

As was noted, TV came out against the lynch of yay and some of his comments can be seen as a frustrated mafia member. He voted on yay twice, once when he knew his vote wouldn't count, and then when yay's lynch was all but assured.

On DP3, he said he was keen to lynch blade, but ended up pushing for the lynch on XLAV and, on DP4, said he was willing to lynch blade based upon Bull's results (and didn't reference any previous reasoning).

TV's confirmed rule, to me, seems neutral. As town it's a less debilitating form of being voteless in that it doesn't necessarily lose the game form them at MYLO. It doesn't really hurt the mafia either, it just means they have to be more strategic about pushing for mislynches. They can't do a late game rush, tv at least would have to be an early voter. I can see that as a balancing force among ninja and strongman.

Speaking of MYLO, without results I think we should No Lynch as TV originally suggested. I'm leaning toward TV being the last scum, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to stake the game on it yet. I'd like to hear what Bull has to say before I commit to anything.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 8:29:31 AM
At 4/2/2014 7:51:22 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

I'm obviously not going to suggest we lynch me, so I basically have to choose between Khaos and TV.

The mechanics of the double death a few phases ago works in Khaos' favor. The roles are pretty simplistic and the cases where a mafia would manage to work in a second night kill are slim. Alternatively, all the mafia could be dead and the final scum is a third party killer. The lack of double deaths the other nights could be accounted for via coincidence (killing the same person) or protective abilities. A possibility, but slim.

The most concerning thing for me is that, on DP1, when Khaos was not mafia, he hypothesized that Q would be mafia. After he died and replaced in, and someone claimed Q, he did not follow-up on that line of reasoning. This strikes me as add.

That leaves TV.

As was noted, TV came out against the lynch of yay and some of his comments can be seen as a frustrated mafia member. He voted on yay twice, once when he knew his vote wouldn't count, and then when yay's lynch was all but assured.

On DP3, he said he was keen to lynch blade, but ended up pushing for the lynch on XLAV and, on DP4, said he was willing to lynch blade based upon Bull's results (and didn't reference any previous reasoning).

TV's confirmed rule, to me, seems neutral. As town it's a less debilitating form of being voteless in that it doesn't necessarily lose the game form them at MYLO. It doesn't really hurt the mafia either, it just means they have to be more strategic about pushing for mislynches. They can't do a late game rush, tv at least would have to be an early voter. I can see that as a balancing force among ninja and strongman.

Speaking of MYLO, without results I think we should No Lynch as TV originally suggested. I'm leaning toward TV being the last scum, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to stake the game on it yet. I'd like to hear what Bull has to say before I commit to anything.

Why didn't you protect josh?
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 8:35:32 AM
At 4/2/2014 8:29:31 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

That leaves TV.

Because I said I protected him the previous night. I was hoping the mafia would think I was going to protect him again, so I protected Bullish instead. Failed attempt at WIFOM on my part. It's worked before.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 8:40:06 AM
At 4/2/2014 8:35:32 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

That leaves TV.

Because I said I protected him the previous night. I was hoping the mafia would think I was going to protect him again, so I protected Bullish instead. Failed attempt at WIFOM on my part. It's worked before.

Why not actually protect him, though?
A confirmed tracker is much more valuable at MYLO than an unconfirmed cop.
By not protecting him, you allowed him to not confirm your protecting him, which I find unsettling.
He was obviously going to not track me, which left TV or you.
If TV visited, he'd be dead. If you visited the deceased, you'd be dead.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 8:47:45 AM
At 4/2/2014 8:40:06 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/2/2014 8:35:32 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

That leaves TV.

Why not actually protect him, though?
A confirmed tracker is much more valuable at MYLO than an unconfirmed cop.
By not protecting him, you allowed him to not confirm your protecting him, which I find unsettling.
He was obviously going to not track me, which left TV or you.
If TV visited, he'd be dead. If you visited the deceased, you'd be dead.

You're right. From my POV, letting Bull die would probably have been worth getting another nights results from Josh. I was more concerned with trying to stop the night kill. I did not think of that at the time.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 8:49:30 AM
But you also have to understand that I was trying subtley goad them into trying to kill Bull, in which case we would have had Joshes results AND no NK. But, again, you're right that, at this stage of the game, I probably should have not taken the gambit and gone for the surefire results.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 9:09:13 AM
At 4/2/2014 8:59:18 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/2/2014 8:47:45 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Can you self-protect?

I'll ask.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 9:26:13 AM
At 4/2/2014 8:49:30 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
But you also have to understand that I was trying subtley goad them into trying to kill Bull, in which case we would have had Joshes results AND no NK. But, again, you're right that, at this stage of the game, I probably should have not taken the gambit and gone for the surefire results.

Of course I'm right ;)
If there is a GF, then the cop is useless.
If there is not a GF, then TV is scum.
There was no need to kill the cop, thus, no need to protect him.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 9:52:54 AM
At 4/2/2014 9:26:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/2/2014 8:49:30 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Of course I'm right ;)
If there is a GF, then the cop is useless.
If there is not a GF, then TV is scum.
There was no need to kill the cop, thus, no need to protect him.

You're right but you're still failing to see my case. My case was to gamble on mafia thinking Josh was protected. Yes, Josh would be the person they want to kill, but it doesn't make sense to try and kill him if they feel he is protected, especially with their strongman dead. So wouldn't have been a case of choosing between the "useless" cop and the tracker, but choosing between killing the "useless" cop and killing nobody because the tracker is protected.

So, while I concede that you're ultimately right (based on how things played out), I hope you can see where I'm coming from based on my thinking. This type of Doctor WIFOM has precedent and has worked before.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 11:41:00 AM
At 4/2/2014 11:07:48 AM, Bullish wrote:
TV turned up innocent.

What was your "bluff" Khaos?

Saying I was BP two nights ago, in order to protect you.
Then, implying I didn't use it, but I am not sure if anyone caught that statement.
I didn't press it, since there was a claimed doc.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 12:44:18 PM
At 4/2/2014 12:05:52 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
I think we should NL.

VTNL

How about...no.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 12:47:48 PM
At 4/2/2014 12:44:18 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I think we should NL.

VTNL

How about...no.

How about suggest and support another option of your choosing?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 12:48:59 PM
At 4/2/2014 12:47:48 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
I think we should NL.

VTNL

How about...no.

Paraphrase your role PM, please.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 12:51:27 PM
At 4/2/2014 12:46:11 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Stupid.

So, Bullish must be true, since there was a miller, yes?
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 1:20:43 PM
At 4/2/2014 12:48:59 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I think we should NL.

VTNL

How about...no.

I'm the Denobulans.

We are known for our patience and medical ethics.

I am the DOCTOR and I can target another player and provide protection against death.

I win with the Town.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 1:23:57 PM
At 4/2/2014 1:20:43 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
I think we should NL.

VTNL

How about...no.

I'm the Denobulans.

I am the DOCTOR and I can target another player and provide protection against death.

I win with the Town.

So, this is what I am thinking, we either try to win the game today, or let mafia kill someone, while you protect me.
There has been no roleblocking or redirecting, so the last mafia role is most likely passive.
If I die, you will be lynched.
Would you agree to this?
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 1:42:16 PM
At 4/2/2014 1:23:57 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I think we should NL.

VTNL

How about...no.

I'm the Denobulans.

I win with the Town.

So, this is what I am thinking, we either try to win the game today, or let mafia kill someone, while you protect me.
There has been no roleblocking or redirecting, so the last mafia role is most likely passive.
Would you agree to this?

I'm not sure what that does or how it confirms anyone.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 1:52:10 PM
At 4/2/2014 1:42:16 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 4/2/2014 1:23:57 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I think we should NL.

VTNL

How about...no.

I'm the Denobulans.

I win with the Town.

Would you agree to this?

I'm not sure what that does or how it confirms anyone.

It forces mafia to kill someone, and since I am confirmed, it is up to me to win the game (a prospect I am not too comfortable with, to be honest).
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 5:15:37 PM
At 4/2/2014 3:13:41 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
BTW, yes I can protect myself.

Excellent, if we mislynch, it's up to you to win the game.