Jump to topic:

Rated Games

MASTERY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 1:22:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am planning on a new series called rated games moderated by me (and another co-mod).

Here's how its going to work: a equal set-up is going to be used for all rated games. Everyone's rating starts at 1200, and goes up/down according to formula. This formula will take into account one's side's rating average, and the other side's average. In other words this formula should be as accurate as possible. Beginners will have games that have more impact on to their rating, and experienced players will have less K factor into each game. Also, every rated game will have the same time limits for nights/days.

Any ideas on formulas? For slightly unbalanced games it would be nice if you could include in the formula the rating difference with percentage of chance of winning ( for example, if mafia had 65% chance of winning, could you please provide a space where I can insert that value to provide fair rating changes?).

Your rating will not be changed by unrated games (a game's unrated unless specified as rated).

Thank you.
MASTERY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 5:05:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
A more accurate elo rating (not just no. of wins, draws and losses) AND a series of RATED games in which people's rating change.