TV Tropes Mafia DP1

trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 10:43:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Time/Deadlines
1) Nights will last 24 hours. Actions not submitted will be forfeited.
2) Days will last 48 hours with the expection of the first DP, which will last 72 hours. If a lynch has not been reached, the day phase will end in a no lynch.

Rules
1) Do not copy-paste your role PM, or any mod communications originating outside the game thread. Everything must be properly and fully paraphrased. Ask for my help if you are unsure about something.
2) No posting is allowed after I've declared a lynch (or no lynch) and the DP has ended. Upon breaching this, every and any player will get one warning before getting mod-killed.
3) Any player that doesn't post during a DP or forfeits a Night Action due to the time limit will be replaced (if a replacement is available.)
4) No double-quoting, i.e. if a player responds with quoted text, you cannot quote it again. Use a new post.

Additional Info/Notes
1) All characters for this game were picked from this http://tvtropes.org... website.
2) Some role justifications have more dramatic flare than others, it is entirely undependent of affiliation, and was entirely dependent on my mood when I wrote them.
3) Town was provided with the following win condition information:
Affiliation/Win Condition: You win with the Town. The Town wins when it eliminates all opposing factions.
4) Role names may refer to well known rules, they may be names that could indicate different roles depending where you look, they may be made up. However, you should be careful not to assume you know the exact capability of a role just based on its name.
5) If there's any confusion about anything ask in your respective role PMs.

Livivng Players
1. XLAV
2. TN05
3. Khaos_Mage
4. Josh_b
5. Skepsikyma
6. TUF
7. Yay
8. Mastery
9. Zaradi
10. SolonKR
11. ford_prefect
12. Noumena
13. Lucky_Luciano

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch and 7 votes to end the DP in a "No Lynch."

Time Limit: 72 hours
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 10:54:07 AM
At 4/9/2014 10:46:28 AM, XLAV wrote:
Can someone explain to me what TV Tropes is?

TV Tropes will ruin your life.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 11:31:26 AM
Okay I'm going to throw it out here right away, this is what I think we should do.

This theme is vague as f*ck. Even just looking at my role PM I haven't the slightest f*cking clue what we're actually working with in terms of how to find scum and how to find town. But this also tells me that because the theme is so vague, that it could be really hard for scum to fake-claim because once we figure out what the general theme is and what tropes are townie tropes and what tropes are scummy tropes, fake claims are going to stick out like a bright neon sign. And because there's so many f*cking tropes out there, it's going to be really hard for scum to fake-claim something solid. Even though the risk of CC is almost non-existent because, like I said, there's so many god-damn tropes out there, it'd be really hard to fake-claim something that'll be consistent with whatever overarching idea TN05 is going with here.

So I'm going to advocate a mass claim. I think that the risk of outting all the roles is counter-balanced with the fact that once we have an idea of what kind of theme we're working with here, scum will be super easy to find. I want to here feedback from other people before we start, but I will be the first person to character claim. After I claim, anyone else who comes on and see's that the claiming has started should immediately claim. Anyone who does not immediately claim should be pressured immediately. Anyone who is inactive during this period and/or visibly lurking (i.e. they're posting somewhere else but not here) should be pressured to claim.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 11:46:35 AM
At 4/9/2014 11:31:26 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Okay I'm going to throw it out here right away, this is what I think we should do.

This theme is vague as f*ck. Even just looking at my role PM I haven't the slightest f*cking clue what we're actually working with in terms of how to find scum and how to find town. But this also tells me that because the theme is so vague, that it could be really hard for scum to fake-claim because once we figure out what the general theme is and what tropes are townie tropes and what tropes are scummy tropes, fake claims are going to stick out like a bright neon sign. And because there's so many f*cking tropes out there, it's going to be really hard for scum to fake-claim something solid. Even though the risk of CC is almost non-existent because, like I said, there's so many god-damn tropes out there, it'd be really hard to fake-claim something that'll be consistent with whatever overarching idea TN05 is going with here.

So I'm going to advocate a mass claim. I think that the risk of outting all the roles is counter-balanced with the fact that once we have an idea of what kind of theme we're working with here, scum will be super easy to find. I want to here feedback from other people before we start, but I will be the first person to character claim. After I claim, anyone else who comes on and see's that the claiming has started should immediately claim. Anyone who does not immediately claim should be pressured immediately. Anyone who is inactive during this period and/or visibly lurking (i.e. they're posting somewhere else but not here) should be pressured to claim.

I'm not sure about everyone else but my character's name mentions my role.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 11:53:52 AM
At 4/9/2014 11:46:35 AM, XLAV wrote:

Mine references my role as well, but I still feel like scum would have an impossible time making a fake-claim that's consistent with town's overall theme with just the massive scope of possible themes and tropes that could be in this game that once we have all the tropes out on the table the scum team should be really obvious.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 12:15:58 PM
At 4/9/2014 11:53:52 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 4/9/2014 11:46:35 AM, XLAV wrote:

Mine references my role as well, but I still feel like scum would have an impossible time making a fake-claim that's consistent with town's overall theme with just the massive scope of possible themes and tropes that could be in this game that once we have all the tropes out on the table the scum team should be really obvious.

Wouldn't that be the opposite? In other words, with such a huge amount of possible tropes, scum would have more flexibility in picking their fake claims. I don't believe a mass claim dp1 is a good idea.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 12:18:18 PM
At 4/9/2014 12:15:58 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Wouldn't that be the opposite? In other words, with such a huge amount of possible tropes, scum would have more flexibility in picking their fake claims. I don't believe a mass claim dp1 is a good idea.

I acknowledged that in the start, but even if they have a large pool of tropes to pick from, there's probably not a large pool of tropes that will fit the overarching theme that TN05 is shooting for (if there is one), which should make fake-claims stick out really obviously when we have all the tropes sitting in front of us.
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 12:26:29 PM

I'm agreeing with. (OMG my first real town read on Zaradi) The role PM's are vaugue as religion, But I have direct contact with Jesus(TN05) on the game set up, so please don't lynch me, or NK me until we figure it out.
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 12:28:33 PM
At 4/9/2014 12:18:18 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 4/9/2014 12:15:58 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

I acknowledged that in the start, but even if they have a large pool of tropes to pick from, there's probably not a large pool of tropes that will fit the overarching theme that TN05 is shooting for (if there is one), which should make fake-claims stick out really obviously when we have all the tropes sitting in front of us.

There's more of a possibility that they won't fit once we figure it out based on the massive amount of claims available
Scrutiny Welcome

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 12:29:11 PM
At 4/9/2014 12:26:29 PM, Josh_b wrote:

I'm agreeing with. (OMG my first real town read on Zaradi) The role PM's are vaugue as religion, But I have direct contact with Jesus(TN05) on the game set up, so please don't lynch me, or NK me until we figure it out.

TN05...huh?? Isn't trekie the mod?
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 12:31:08 PM
At 4/9/2014 12:29:11 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 4/9/2014 12:26:29 PM, Josh_b wrote:

I'm agreeing with. (OMG my first real town read on Zaradi) The role PM's are vaugue as religion, But I have direct contact with Jesus(trekkie) on the game set up, so please don't lynch me, or NK me until we figure it out.

TN05...huh?? Isn't trekie the mod?

I'm sorry. I confused the mod. TN05 is the mod for another game.
Fix'd
Scrutiny Welcome

TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 12:33:42 PM

You mean trekie?

Count me on board for a mass-claim. There are literally tens of thousands of fake claims the mafia could make, let's get all our claims out here and weed out the ones that don't fit.
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 12:48:38 PM
I would also like to welcome Lucky_Luciano, Noumena, and Skepsikyma to this game.

If you three are on a scum team together, God help us ALL!
Scrutiny Welcome

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 12:56:12 PM
At 4/9/2014 12:51:54 PM, XLAV wrote:
I agree, let's all mass claim.

So, who wants to start?

I said I would start, since I proposed it and I will. If we're going to start now I'll go ahead and claim.

Haiya, I'm Dark is Not Evil.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 1:08:50 PM
At 4/9/2014 1:08:12 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/9/2014 12:56:12 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Haiya, I'm Dark is Not Evil.

This is your character???

Yes.
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 1:08:53 PM
At 4/9/2014 12:57:00 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Josh XLAV TN05 and Ford need to claim ASAP

No. STOP CLAIMING. Jesus will save us all. I'm not on board with this.

Zaradi is definitely town. An attempt to lynch him should be immediately FoS'd. You are now a target for a NK. I do not want that this early in the game. Repent of your sins and start talking about bull crap.

So, Did you guys see the Basket ball game? It was awesome, How did the live mafia games go? Did any one make a video of it? I saw that TUF couldn't be there because of his GF.

This is Forum game not a quick fire live game. Oh Lord, Please do not allow Zaradi's mafia skills to be broken, and give him peace about playing in different venues. Amen.
Scrutiny Welcome

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 1:12:03 PM
At 4/9/2014 1:10:12 PM, XLAV wrote:
Alright, I don't want to do this but VTL Josh.

You are acting so scummy.

not really...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 1:16:19 PM
At 4/9/2014 1:08:53 PM, Josh_b wrote:
At 4/9/2014 12:57:00 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Josh XLAV TN05 and Ford need to claim ASAP

No. STOP CLAIMING. Jesus will save us all. I'm not on board with this.

You litearlly ust said you were on board. Claim.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 1:22:20 PM
At 4/9/2014 1:19:55 PM, XLAV wrote:
I'll claim right after Josh claims. I'm not liking his behavior in this game.

Josh has said that he has direct contact with the mod on the setup of the game. He has been talking about jesus and god. He is also not a complete idiot (from past games). Do you see where I think he is going with this?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 1:29:03 PM
At 4/9/2014 1:22:20 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 4/9/2014 1:19:55 PM, XLAV wrote:
I'll claim right after Josh claims. I'm not liking his behavior in this game.

Josh has said that he has direct contact with the mod on the setup of the game. He has been talking about jesus and god. He is also not a complete idiot (from past games). Do you see where I think he is going with this?
Compare his behavior in this game with this game when he was mafia: http://www.debate.org...
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 1:30:43 PM

This is dumb. I don't know about everyone else, but I immediately understood affiliation lines.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 1:31:41 PM
At 4/9/2014 12:48:38 PM, Josh_b wrote:
I would also like to welcome Lucky_Luciano, Noumena, and Skepsikyma to this game.

If you three are on a scum team together, God help us ALL!

Who are you?
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 1:41:38 PM
At 4/9/2014 1:30:43 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

This is dumb. I don't know about everyone else, but I immediately understood affiliation lines.

Enlighten us, then, oh Mestari-senpai.