Total Posts:175|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 23.2: DP3

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:07:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
DIED LAST DP

Khaos - You are the Commuter. Ka-pow!

Niqash - You are the janitor. Each night you may select a player. If they die in the that NP or during the subsequent DP, their role PM information will be concealed.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

GCL - You are the Pacifist. You cannot VTL people at L-1 (one away from being lynched.) You win with the town.

DIED PREVIOUSLY

XLAV - You are the Serial Killer. Each night you must select a player for death. You win when all other players are dead.

GRAVEYARD

Mastery
XLAV
Khaos
Niqash
GCL

LIVING PLAYERS

Lannan
TS
Endark
Ford
Yay

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 6:00pm, DDO time, 4/23/14.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:14:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VTL Yay
You were told to protect GCL last night phase. Explain yourself.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:18:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 6:14:57 PM, lannan13 wrote:
VTL Yay
You were told to protect GCL last night phase. Explain yourself.

To be fair, he was told to protect TS or GCL. However, with XLAV now out, TS is confirmed. With XLAV as SK, I am confirmed as town vig.

That leaves you, Yay, and Ford. And I still think you're the most town of the others.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:45:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Yay (1/3) - Lannan
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 6:46:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 6:18:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:14:57 PM, lannan13 wrote:
VTL Yay
You were told to protect GCL last night phase. Explain yourself.

To be fair, he was told to protect TS or GCL. However, with XLAV now out, TS is confirmed. With XLAV as SK, I am confirmed as town vig.

That leaves you, Yay, and Ford. And I still think you're the most town of the others.

TS is confirmed due to the fact that a) there is a coroner and b) nobody cc'd him. You are not confirmed.

Something doesn't compute here. NP1 ER claimed to vig Mastery, who was doc. Mastery died, as did XLAV, who was the SK. So scum killed XLAV, but who did XLAV kill? This means either Mastery got lucky when he picked who to save (the odds of that happening were 1/9) or ER lied about killing Mastery.

In this scenario, ER is scum, and expecting XLAV to remain janitored for the rest of the game, he claims vig to account for the two deaths. That way, town is reluctant to lynch a power role. I find it interesting to see that no double kills have occurred since the SK got taken out.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:05:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 6:46:10 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:18:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:14:57 PM, lannan13 wrote:
VTL Yay
You were told to protect GCL last night phase. Explain yourself.

To be fair, he was told to protect TS or GCL. However, with XLAV now out, TS is confirmed. With XLAV as SK, I am confirmed as town vig.

That leaves you, Yay, and Ford. And I still think you're the most town of the others.

TS is confirmed due to the fact that a) there is a coroner and b) nobody cc'd him. You are not confirmed.

Something doesn't compute here. NP1 ER claimed to vig Mastery, who was doc. Mastery died, as did XLAV, who was the SK. So scum killed XLAV, but who did XLAV kill? This means either Mastery got lucky when he picked who to save (the odds of that happening were 1/9) or ER lied about killing Mastery.

In this scenario, ER is scum, and expecting XLAV to remain janitored for the rest of the game, he claims vig to account for the two deaths. That way, town is reluctant to lynch a power role. I find it interesting to see that no double kills have occurred since the SK got taken out.

XLAV might not have killed anybody. Why would I claim to have killed Mastery if I didn't? In what world does that make sense? I admitted to the town that I killed our doctor. If I were scum, I'd have lied about it. I claimed vig and have not been CC'd. This role alone demonstrates that I can't be mafia. I also cannot be TP, since XLAV was. I can only be town. Plus, I claimed vig before XLAV died.

This all makes Ford look extremely scummy to me.

VTL Ford.
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:10:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
XLAV might not have killed anybody. Why would I claim to have killed Mastery if I didn't? In what world does that make sense? I admitted to the town that I killed our doctor. If I were scum, I'd have lied about it. I claimed vig and have not been CC'd. This role alone demonstrates that I can't be mafia. I also cannot be TP, since XLAV was. I can only be town. Plus, I claimed vig before XLAV died.

This all makes Ford look extremely scummy to me.

VTL Ford.

Read XLAV's role. He MUST kill someone every night. The only way that didn't happen is if he was naive or if Mastery saved his target.

Also, not being cc'd doesn't automatically mean you are town. Town might just not have a vig. Furthermore, it is a common fake claim for scum, because if they are seen making a kill they can explain it away with vig.

You did claim vig before XLAV died, so you've got that going for you. I've been rereading DP1 and DP2, and I actually think you are less scummy than Lannan at this point. However, the town needs to understand that you are by no means confirmed vig at this point.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:32:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 7:10:42 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
XLAV might not have killed anybody. Why would I claim to have killed Mastery if I didn't? In what world does that make sense? I admitted to the town that I killed our doctor. If I were scum, I'd have lied about it. I claimed vig and have not been CC'd. This role alone demonstrates that I can't be mafia. I also cannot be TP, since XLAV was. I can only be town. Plus, I claimed vig before XLAV died.

This all makes Ford look extremely scummy to me.

VTL Ford.

Read XLAV's role. He MUST kill someone every night. The only way that didn't happen is if he was naive or if Mastery saved his target.

Also, not being cc'd doesn't automatically mean you are town. Town might just not have a vig. Furthermore, it is a common fake claim for scum, because if they are seen making a kill they can explain it away with vig.

Super Saint and PGO are even better scum claims. One prevents lynches; one prevents investigations. Mine prevents absolutely nothing.

You did claim vig before XLAV died, so you've got that going for you. I've been rereading DP1 and DP2, and I actually think you are less scummy than Lannan at this point. However, the town needs to understand that you are by no means confirmed vig at this point.

There were two kills the first night. I owned up to killing Mastery. If I were scum, I would have stayed silent about that or denied it. Sure, it's possible XLAV and I both killed Mastery, and it's possible Mastery saved XLAV's target. Based on that, yes, I can see how I'm not 100% confirmed, but it's more likely that I'm town than you or Lannan using your same claim logic.
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:35:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If you go all the way back to DP1, yay was the first to claim. He didn't claim anything scummy, either. I think he's town. Furthermore, I am willing to bet the game on it. TS is confirmed, so here's what we can do. Lynch Lannan today. Make sure ER hammers, so that just in case Lannan actually was Supersaint, ER dies with him. This should win us the game. If I was wrong and yay is actually the last scum, then we end in a stalemate because he can't kill me without dying, unless I'm naive PGO.

The reason we should do this instead of me hammering Lannan is that if ER is scum, then town loses because he can kill yay in the NP, and then 1-1 vs TS who can't protect himself.

My plan has roughly 2/3 chance of town winning, and 1/3 chance of a tie.
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:37:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Basically the people who town needs to survive today are me and TS. TS for obvious reasons, me because as long as I am not lynched, scum can't win, since they can't nk me without dying.

I still would like to hear back from yay as to who he protected each night, especially last night.
TS-387
Posts: 382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 7:47:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Tadaa! Results!
In all seriousness thouh Imsee my biggest scum read as Lannan as he claimed ss on the first DP then said nearly nothing else.
MST_SlGNATURE_31803
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 8:09:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 7:47:36 PM, TS-387 wrote:
Tadaa! Results!
In all seriousness thouh Imsee my biggest scum read as Lannan as he claimed ss on the first DP then said nearly nothing else.

That much is true, but I'd rather lynch Ford, whom I read as scummy and since targeting him with a night action could be a mistake, and then, if I'm wrong, take out Lannan.
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:05:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 6:18:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:14:57 PM, lannan13 wrote:
VTL Yay
You were told to protect GCL last night phase. Explain yourself.

To be fair, he was told to protect TS or GCL. However, with XLAV now out, TS is confirmed. With XLAV as SK, I am confirmed as town vig.

That leaves you, Yay, and Ford. And I still think you're the most town of the others.

why did i listen to you? -.-
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:06:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 7:47:36 PM, TS-387 wrote:
Tadaa! Results!
In all seriousness thouh Imsee my biggest scum read as Lannan as he claimed ss on the first DP then said nearly nothing else.

and what are the results?
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:07:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 6:18:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:14:57 PM, lannan13 wrote:
VTL Yay
You were told to protect GCL last night phase. Explain yourself.

To be fair, he was told to protect TS or GCL. However, with XLAV now out, TS is confirmed. With XLAV as SK, I am confirmed as town vig.

That leaves you, Yay, and Ford. And I still think you're the most town of the others.

how were you confirmed town vig again?
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:09:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:06:51 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 7:47:36 PM, TS-387 wrote:
Tadaa! Results!
In all seriousness thouh Imsee my biggest scum read as Lannan as he claimed ss on the first DP then said nearly nothing else.

and what are the results?

TS revealed that XLAV was the SK. Bsh posted it
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:10:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:07:44 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:18:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:14:57 PM, lannan13 wrote:
VTL Yay
You were told to protect GCL last night phase. Explain yourself.

To be fair, he was told to protect TS or GCL. However, with XLAV now out, TS is confirmed. With XLAV as SK, I am confirmed as town vig.

That leaves you, Yay, and Ford. And I still think you're the most town of the others.

how were you confirmed town vig again?

What else could I be? There is no vig for mafia, and the SK was revealed.
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:10:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:07:44 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:18:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:14:57 PM, lannan13 wrote:
VTL Yay
You were told to protect GCL last night phase. Explain yourself.

To be fair, he was told to protect TS or GCL. However, with XLAV now out, TS is confirmed. With XLAV as SK, I am confirmed as town vig.

That leaves you, Yay, and Ford. And I still think you're the most town of the others.

how were you confirmed town vig again?

he isn't confirmed. Yay, can you tell us who you protected each night? I think Lannan is the last scum, but it could be ER too. TS is obviously confirmed, and since you claimed bodyguard right off the bat DP1, I'm inclined to think you are town.
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:11:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:09:40 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:06:51 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 7:47:36 PM, TS-387 wrote:
Tadaa! Results!
In all seriousness thouh Imsee my biggest scum read as Lannan as he claimed ss on the first DP then said nearly nothing else.

and what are the results?

TS revealed that XLAV was the SK. Bsh posted it

oh yeah thats right
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:11:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:10:53 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:07:44 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:18:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:14:57 PM, lannan13 wrote:
VTL Yay
You were told to protect GCL last night phase. Explain yourself.

To be fair, he was told to protect TS or GCL. However, with XLAV now out, TS is confirmed. With XLAV as SK, I am confirmed as town vig.

That leaves you, Yay, and Ford. And I still think you're the most town of the others.

how were you confirmed town vig again?

What else could I be? There is no vig for mafia, and the SK was revealed.

you could be regular mafia.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:12:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:11:23 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:10:53 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:07:44 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:18:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:14:57 PM, lannan13 wrote:
VTL Yay
You were told to protect GCL last night phase. Explain yourself.

To be fair, he was told to protect TS or GCL. However, with XLAV now out, TS is confirmed. With XLAV as SK, I am confirmed as town vig.

That leaves you, Yay, and Ford. And I still think you're the most town of the others.

how were you confirmed town vig again?

What else could I be? There is no vig for mafia, and the SK was revealed.

you could be regular mafia.

Then how would you explain 2 kills the first night? Do you want me to kill again tonight to prove it?
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:15:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
you could be regular mafia.

Then how would you explain 2 kills the first night? Do you want me to kill again tonight to prove it?

I already explained it. You/scum team kills XLAV, while XLAV kills Mastery.

Also, I already explained what I want you to do. I want you to hammer Lannan today so that no matter what, the last scum dies today.
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:16:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:10:56 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 4/21/2014 9:07:44 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:18:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:14:57 PM, lannan13 wrote:
VTL Yay
You were told to protect GCL last night phase. Explain yourself.

To be fair, he was told to protect TS or GCL. However, with XLAV now out, TS is confirmed. With XLAV as SK, I am confirmed as town vig.

That leaves you, Yay, and Ford. And I still think you're the most town of the others.

how were you confirmed town vig again?

he isn't confirmed. Yay, can you tell us who you protected each night? I think Lannan is the last scum, but it could be ER too. TS is obviously confirmed, and since you claimed bodyguard right off the bat DP1, I'm inclined to think you are town.

you still didnt give me the reason why TS is confirmed vig. First of all:
vig+SK and scum kill? ummm, no. thats killing power overload. have you guys ever had taken into account that ER is lying about being vig as a ploy to hide him being scum? He can say that he was vig so as to mask his NK. this is too much killing power and beginner games are usually balanced. ER is scum.

But if ER really isnt scum, then we go to the next target, Lannan who is the next liable scum. We can snipe two birds with one stone to show if ER or Lannan is scum or not. obviously one of them is. So we simply lynch Lannan and ER hammers:

If Lannan is scum, he lied about being SS, ER is safe to not hammer
If ER is scum, and Lannan is truly the SS, its a benefit to town that ER hammers Lannan. Its GG. If ER doesnt want to hammer, ER is obviously hammer because he's scared to die from Lannan, who is actually the SS. G F*CKING G

Unvote VTL Lannan
ER, if you dont hammer Lannan, you're scum. If Lannan is scum, then ER is in the clear. simple as that
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:17:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:15:59 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
you could be regular mafia.

Then how would you explain 2 kills the first night? Do you want me to kill again tonight to prove it?

I already explained it. You/scum team kills XLAV, while XLAV kills Mastery.

Also, I already explained what I want you to do. I want you to hammer Lannan today so that no matter what, the last scum dies today.

Seeing as you're most likely the scum, that won't happen. How about we lynch you, since I can't risk NKing you because town would lose if you actually are town, and if you aren't town, I'll NK Lannan and town wins.
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:18:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 6:46:10 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

what did you say you claimed again?
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:18:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:18:05 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:46:10 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

what did you say you claimed again?

PGO
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:18:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 9:18:05 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 4/21/2014 6:46:10 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

what did you say you claimed again?

PGO. Also, yay, you should know TS is not vig. He is confirmed coroner
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 9:19:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ford claimed PGO? oh i almost forgot
Unvote Ford could still be scum
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...