Jump to topic:

Insurgents: Allah in Bissau Endgame

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 9:30:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Sorry for the wait guys, but here's the promised end game. I only included some players who had notable roles in the endgame, so sorry if you weren't included......

Winning Team: Government (Romanii, CheeseFries, AbyeoftheBrain, TNO5, CoolDudeBro)

Losing Team: Insurgents (Ararmer, Lannan13, 9spaceking, BladeofTruth, Josh_B)

The Fate of the Government

After 6 long years of civil war with the self proclaimed "Republic of Bissau", the government had finnaly contained the rebellion, but at great cost. The government was battered, its army destroyed, its respect of the people lost, and its sovereignty at stake.

After a brutal backlash of human rights accusations, the British took complete economic control of the country. Monopolizing all of Bissau's markets, while the wealthy ceo's protected their economic imperialism with mercenaries.

The people, down trodden with poverty, displaced from their homes, often rose up in the occasional revolt against the government. While easily suppressed, it was an evident sign of the weakness the government had displayed in protecting its people.

The new found democracy was little more then a shell of discontent. A parliament where the tribes, fundamentalists, and extremists could freely squabble. None the less, peace was restored. And while the nation was not perfect, hope still existed.

Fate of the Rebels

The rebels following the war, no longer earned the same respect they once did. After brutal human right violations, such as massacres, scalping, and bombing urban populations, the rebels were blamed for the blunt of the nations problems.

The Republic of Bissau dissolved into little more then a few warring tribal factions, weak and divided. The populous often persecuted the natives in spite and retribution of the pain they endured. The rebels were no more.

Fate of Bissau City

After the nitro bombing of Bissau city, the nation fell into deep poverty. The capital moved to a small town called Khaheli, across the southern river bank. Without a urban population, industry collapsed, and with it the welfare of the people.

Fate of the Government President

After the death of the president, the people were relieved to be free of the oppresive leader, but this was outweighed by the fervor of the loyalists. They made him a matyr. Hung portraits in his name. His death weakened loyalist support of the government immensely.

Fate of the Rebel President (Josh_B)

Following the artillery attack on the rebel compound, and the subsequent scaling of the walls, the president was no more. His assassination became the thing of legends. A hope for the loyalists. The compound attack went down in literature as a great symbol of Bissau history. Josh_B, was given a island burial. His body floated off to the sea, far away from his homeland.

Fate of the Guerrila's (lannan13)

Lannan13, desperate and ashamed of his defeat, gathered together a small group of tribals. With no formal goal, they ravaged and pillages the gold coast for decades. Being pursued by everyone ranging from Interpol to the KGB.

Fate of SOTF (Abye)

Abye, failing to capture the video taker, was tried in Bissau court. Found guilty of massacring unarmed tribals, was sentenced to death. Before he could be hung, a militant group captured him and publicly set him on fire on the city streets.

Fate of the Priest (9Space)

The Priest, the instigator of the revolution, died while fleeing the compund attack. His followers named him a hero, and built a cult around his name. The cult of 9space remains a huge influence in Bissau's occult underground.

Fate of TNO5

After the compund attack, TN05 was declared a national here. Awarded with the nations highest honor, he became commander in chief of the armed forces. 3 years later he runs for president, winning by a large margin.

Fate of Ararmer and CheeseFries

Once the fighting died down, Ararmer and Cheesfries both took up a political career. They became the primary contendents in a political race for mayor of Khahelia. One day, CheeseFries washed up dead on the river. Riddled with stab wounds. People are suspicious that it was Ararmer who did this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone, I would like to announce that I'll be starting up another insurgents game, but this time with revised rules, to fix the problems this one suffered from. The new game will be played in the forums and the PM's, and will combine Mafia and Fate. None the less, the rules will be more or less the same.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 9:47:57 PM
At 4/22/2014 9:30:58 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Sorry for the wait guys, but here's the promised end game. I only included some players who had notable roles in the endgame, so sorry if you weren't included......

Winning Team: Government (Romanii, CheeseFries, AbyeoftheBrain, TNO5, CoolDudeBro)

Awesome!

After 6 long years of civil war with the self proclaimed "Republic of Bissau", the government had finnaly contained the rebellion, but at great cost. The government was battered, its army destroyed, its respect of the people lost, and its sovereignty at stake.

After a brutal backlash of human rights accusations, the British took complete economic control of the country. Monopolizing all of Bissau's markets, while the wealthy ceo's protected their economic imperialism with mercenaries.

The people, down trodden with poverty, displaced from their homes, often rose up in the occasional revolt against the government. While easily suppressed, it was an evident sign of the weakness the government had displayed in protecting its people.

The new found democracy was little more then a shell of discontent. A parliament where the tribes, fundamentalists, and extremists could freely squabble. None the less, peace was restored. And while the nation was not perfect, hope still existed.

Fate of the Rebels

The rebels following the war, no longer earned the same respect they once did. After brutal human right violations, such as massacres, scalping, and bombing urban populations, the rebels were blamed for the blunt of the nations problems.

I assume this could have been much, much worse if we hadn't found the radiation suits heading to the rebel president?

The Republic of Bissau dissolved into little more then a few warring tribal factions, weak and divided. The populous often persecuted the natives in spite and retribution of the pain they endured. The rebels were no more.

Fate of Bissau City

After the nitro bombing of Bissau city, the nation fell into deep poverty. The capital moved to a small town called Khaheli, across the southern river bank. Without a urban population, industry collapsed, and with it the welfare of the people.

After the death of the president, the people were relieved to be free of the oppresive leader, but this was outweighed by the fervor of the loyalists. They made him a matyr. Hung portraits in his name. His death weakened loyalist support of the government immensely.

Following the artillery attack on the rebel compound, and the subsequent scaling of the walls, the president was no more. His assassination became the thing of legends. A hope for the loyalists. The compound attack went down in literature as a great symbol of Bissau history. Josh_B, was given a island burial. His body floated off to the sea, far away from his homeland.

Proud to say this my idea. XD

Lannan13, desperate and ashamed of his defeat, gathered together a small group of tribals. With no formal goal, they ravaged and pillages the gold coast for decades. Being pursued by everyone ranging from Interpol to the KGB.

Fate of SOTF (Abye)

Abye, failing to capture the video taker, was tried in Bissau court. Found guilty of massacring unarmed tribals, was sentenced to death. Before he could be hung, a militant group captured him and publicly set him on fire on the city streets.

Lol.

The Priest, the instigator of the revolution, died while fleeing the compund attack. His followers named him a hero, and built a cult around his name. The cult of 9space remains a huge influence in Bissau's occult underground.

More lol.

Fate of TNO5

After the compund attack, TN05 was declared a national here. Awarded with the nations highest honor, he became commander in chief of the armed forces. 3 years later he runs for president, winning by a large margin.

Kind of in shock that plan actually worked as well as it did.

Once the fighting died down, Ararmer and Cheesfries both took up a political career. They became the primary contendents in a political race for mayor of Khahelia. One day, CheeseFries washed up dead on the river. Riddled with stab wounds. People are suspicious that it was Ararmer who did this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone, I would like to announce that I'll be starting up another insurgents game, but this time with revised rules, to fix the problems this one suffered from. The new game will be played in the forums and the PM's, and will combine Mafia and Fate. None the less, the rules will be more or less the same.

Awesome! I really, really liked this game. The urgency of it was just so awesome.

BTW, how exactly do you make in-game decisions? Coin toss? I'd be interested in hosting one of these later, probably Star Wars-themed. I think Insurgents would be flat-out epic (not saying it isn't already) if were themed around Episode IV or the original trilogy, what with rebels blowing up the Death Star and all.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 9:53:10 PM
At 4/22/2014 9:47:57 PM, TN05 wrote:

Awesome!

Fate of the Rebels

I assume this could have been much, much worse if we hadn't found the radiation suits heading to the rebel president?

Fate of Bissau City

Proud to say this my idea. XD

Fate of SOTF (Abye)

Lol.

More lol.

Fate of TNO5

Kind of in shock that plan actually worked as well as it did.

Awesome! I really, really liked this game. The urgency of it was just so awesome.

BTW, how exactly do you make in-game decisions? Coin toss? I'd be interested in hosting one of these later, probably Star Wars-themed. I think Insurgents would be flat-out epic (not saying it isn't already) if were themed around Episode IV or the original trilogy, what with rebels blowing up the Death Star and all.

Either by percentage, common sense, and with complicated actions my own judgement. I'm creating another that you can host, but the rules will be greatly simplified, and combine the forum playing elements of mafia.

For example...

- Instead of roles having stats, I'll just give them abilities.

- It will be played in the forums and PM's. People wont know who the insurgents are, so they have to figure it out for themselves. You will still submit actions through PM, but with a twist....

The government will have to coordinate in the forum, while the insurgents will get their own PM.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 10:06:33 PM
I quit this game the first day, idk why I'm included in this. Congrats to the winners though.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 10:13:42 PM
At 4/22/2014 10:07:14 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
You can host this one if you want. Or I will....

http://www.debate.org...

I'd like to see you host it to get the hang of it. Last time someone had a new game series on here (Drafterman's Diplomacy game) others jumped on to host it too quickly and changed it too much. I'll definitely sign up for this one though!
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 10:18:40 PM
At 4/22/2014 10:06:33 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I quit this game the first day, idk why I'm included in this. Congrats to the winners though.

You actually quit three days in. You raged out, then you came back, then you raged out again. Guess what, you came back again. I was forced to kill you off due to unpredictability.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 10:40:23 PM
At 4/22/2014 10:18:40 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

You actually quit three days in. You raged out, then you came back, then you raged out again. Guess what, you came back again. I was forced to kill you off due to unpredictability.

Haha what are you talking about? I'd gladly share the PM because there was no raging. You signed me up, I immediately said I wasn't interested but you begged for me to stay. I stayed for what was like 1 day of horrible activity where no-one on the team was on at the same time (which killed the whole plan-making process), and then I quit that same day because of that. I don't think raging would include me wishing the rest of the team the best of luck... although we might share different definitions for raging. I don't know where this killing me off thing came from, I have the conversation as proof silly boy. I left on my own accord. In terms of unpredictability, I'd say you must be talking about yourself considering your emo rants about leaving but then hey... you're still here.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 10:49:34 PM
At 4/22/2014 10:40:23 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Haha what are you talking about? I'd gladly share the PM because there was no raging. You signed me up, I immediately said I wasn't interested but you begged for me to stay. I stayed for what was like 1 day of horrible activity where no-one on the team was on at the same time (which killed the whole plan-making process), and then I quit that same day because of that. I don't think raging would include me wishing the rest of the team the best of luck... although we might share different definitions for raging. I don't know where this killing me off thing came from, I have the conversation as proof silly boy. I left on my own accord. In terms of unpredictability, I'd say you must be talking about yourself considering your emo rants about leaving but then hey... you're still here.

I didn't rant about you leaving. I believe I said, and I quote this exactly....

I have one of my men hacking the enemy radio lines now to see if we can pinpoint location
Friday, April 11, 2014 @ 8:53:37 PM
Posted by:
Profile Card
Blade-of-Truth

Are these my team mates troops? If not, where are armamans troops that I requested to have surrounding the base
Friday, April 11, 2014 @ 8:55:02 PM
Posted by:
Profile Card
Blade-of-Truth

this sucks... no one is on at the same time. Screw it, do whatever you guys want - this whole thing lacks structure. I relinquish all MI6 troops to whomever wants them. I'm officially done with this horribly put-together game.
Friday, April 11, 2014 @ 8:56:07 PM
Posted by:
Profile CardJifpop09

Wow, are you playing or not? This is the same structure as fate. At this oint, I need to know if your playing.
Friday, April 11, 2014 @ 8:58:26 PM
Posted by:
Profile CardJifpop09

Alright, so Blade quit.............again. In the meantime, Order has been restored, and I regained control over this game.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 10:50:27 PM
Note that you said you were quitting one minute after informing your team what you were doing?
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 11:02:49 PM
At 4/22/2014 10:49:34 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/22/2014 10:40:23 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I didn't rant about you leaving. I believe I said, and I quote this exactly....

I have one of my men hacking the enemy radio lines now to see if we can pinpoint location
Friday, April 11, 2014 @ 8:53:37 PM
Posted by:
Profile Card
Blade-of-Truth

Are these my team mates troops? If not, where are armamans troops that I requested to have surrounding the base
Friday, April 11, 2014 @ 8:55:02 PM
Posted by:
Profile Card
Blade-of-Truth

this sucks... no one is on at the same time. Screw it, do whatever you guys want - this whole thing lacks structure. I relinquish all MI6 troops to whomever wants them. I'm officially done with this horribly put-together game.
Friday, April 11, 2014 @ 8:56:07 PM
Posted by:
Profile CardJifpop09

Wow, are you playing or not? This is the same structure as fate. At this oint, I need to know if your playing.
Friday, April 11, 2014 @ 8:58:26 PM
Posted by:
Profile CardJifpop09

Alright, so Blade quit.............again. In the meantime, Order has been restored, and I regained control over this game.

Note how I relinquished all troops and gave reasons as to why I was leaving. Raging or rage-quitting is an immediate abandonment with no reasoning other than an obvious anger as perceived by the observer. I also, as evidenced, was not killed as you claimed. You know very well that I was frustrated about participating from the start, I see no reason why you had to make such defensive claims when they are clearly false. I have no desire to get sucked into your recent cloud of negativity that you are currently spewing out against anyone who isn't a loyal jifpop voter.
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 11:05:55 PM
Please don't add me into anymore of these. I'm pretty sure I was killed due to inactivity.

Since Blade and I were on the same team, I'm not surprised about who the winners are.
At one point I think I was posting my actions in the main thread, the difference between receiving the confirmation of the actions and then having to relay them back to the team thread was too much confusion for me to find interest in.
People have told me that I have a pretty good imagination before, but I just don't want to direct it at a game like this.

Much love, for the rest of you guy. But, I'm out!
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 5:10:12 AM
At 4/22/2014 11:05:55 PM, Josh_b wrote:
Please don't add me into anymore of these. I'm pretty sure I was killed due to inactivity.

Since Blade and I were on the same team, I'm not surprised about who the winners are.
At one point I think I was posting my actions in the main thread, the difference between receiving the confirmation of the actions and then having to relay them back to the team thread was too much confusion for me to find interest in.
People have told me that I have a pretty good imagination before, but I just don't want to direct it at a game like this.

Much love, for the rest of you guy. But, I'm out!

You were active every once in a while. I admit it could of been better, but it wasn't bad enough where I had to kill you off. I tried to explain this into your personal PM. You got killed legitimately, but yeah, I'm changing the rules a bit because this was a universal complaint. It will be played in the forums now.

The least active people were blade, you, and Romanii. Everyone else was playing fully, and given that you were semi active, I would not consider it to much of a concern. Anyways ,good game.
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 9:20:39 AM
Somebody on the Government side.

How did you respond to the imaginary riots? I thought that would be a good idea that would cause you to move your troops to the cities.
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 10:05:36 AM
At 4/23/2014 9:20:39 AM, Josh_b wrote:

How did you respond to the imaginary riots? I thought that would be a good idea that would cause you to move your troops to the cities.

I don't think we did anything about them, actually. We were very uncoordinated - about the only time we came together to do anything was when we destroyed your base. I spent most of my time just scouting things, not sure what everyone else did.
abyteofbrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 11:55:46 AM

Fate of the Rebels

Fate of Bissau City

Fate of SOTF (Abye)

Fate of TNO5

I totally sucked at this game. I could probably do well on a second try though.
The massacre thing was exaggerated, first, they were armed and threatening us. Secondly, my men became more violent than I had ordered them to (jifpop's embellishment). Thirdly, there were only a few men.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 1:53:28 PM
At 4/23/2014 11:55:46 AM, abyteofbrain wrote:

Fate of the Rebels

Fate of Bissau City

Fate of SOTF (Abye)

Fate of TNO5

I totally sucked at this game. I could probably do well on a second try though.
The massacre thing was exaggerated, first, they were armed and threatening us. Secondly, my men became more violent than I had ordered them to (jifpop's embellishment). Thirdly, there were only a few men.

Feel free to join this one. The tribal's had actually surrendered though.

http://www.debate.org...
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 7:08:46 PM
At 4/23/2014 10:05:36 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 4/23/2014 9:20:39 AM, Josh_b wrote:

I don't think we did anything about them, actually. We were very uncoordinated - about the only time we came together to do anything was when we destroyed your base. I spent most of my time just scouting things, not sure what everyone else did.

Actually, Abye and CheeseFries both had several engagements with the western uprising. CheesFries involving a tank.