SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 8:42:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Town wins!

TOWN
EndarkenedRationalist- You are the PGO. Anyone who visits you in the night will die. You win with the town.

Wylted- You are the VIRGIN. If lynched, all NK's will be prevented that NP. You win with the town

Chrysippus- You are the ORACLE. Upon your death (whether a lynch or NK), you shall reveal the role of a player of your choice. You win with the town. (After having role stolen, became vanilla)

Daytona/Khaos- You are the INNOCENT CHILD. You will be mod-confirmed as town-affiliated in the OP of DP3. You win with the town.

XLAV- You are the DREAMER. Each NP you will receive a dream containing the names of three people, at least one of whom is mafia. You win with the town.

rross- You are the VIGILANTE. Each night you may select a player for death. You win with the town.

Niqash- You are the BODYGUARD. Each NP you may select a player. Any lethal actions aimed at them will be redirected to you. You win with the town.

Yay- You are the BOMB. If NK'd, you will kill whoever killed you. You win with the town.

MAFIA
Pots- You are the SUICIDE BOMBER. During the day, you may choose to detonate yourself, killing you and another player. To detonate, simply post to the DP forum the following: "Activate Suicide Bomber Ability. Target: (insert name)."

Angel- You are the REDIRECTOR. Each NP you may select a player and redirect their actions to another player of your choice.

Mikal- You are the ROLE STEALER. NP1 you may select a player and steal their role. You will now have their role, and they will be converted into a vanilla. (Became Oracle after role-stealing from Chrys)

Night Actions

NP1
Actions
rross - Vig Wylted
Niqash - Bodyguard Mikal
Angel - Redirect Chrys to Endark
Mikal - Rolesteal Chrys
Angel - NK XLAV

Results
Wylted dies
Mikal becomes Oracle
Chrys becomes Vanilla
XlAV dreams of rross, Daytona, Angel; dies

NP2
Actions:
rross- Vig Angel
Niqash- Protect rross
Angel- Redirect Niqash to Endark
Angel- NK Khaos

Results:
Niqash visits Endark and dies.
Angel dies
Khaos dies
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 8:57:29 PM
Ohhhh, mafia.
Why didn't you redirect rross to the PGO, thus killing them both, then try to kill me NP2?

Three townies would have died, two mafia would have survived.
You would have won.
My work here is, finally, done.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 8:59:03 PM
Mod Picks
The most blunderous moment of the game was last night, when the mafia decided not to redirect rross, thinking that rross would go after Chrys.
Had the mafia redirected rross instead of Niqash, Niqash and Endark both would have died, along with Khaos. This would have won the game instantly for mafia, as it would be 2-2. It wouldn't matter who rross targeted; if she targeted anyone at all, this would work.

The most funny moment was when Wylted justified his prolonged absence from posting on DP1 by stating that his fiance's hamster died and was freaking out about it.

The most valuable player was definitely rross. She was on top of the scum hunting; not to mention the fact that she named the scum team 100% accurately in DP2. Khaos gets an honorable mention for managing to turn the lynch effort on him around, saving the game.

The most confusing moment was when Yay false-claimed really early on, as part of the equally confusing mass claim.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 9:00:16 PM
At 5/1/2014 8:57:29 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Ohhhh, mafia.
Why didn't you redirect rross to the PGO, thus killing them both, then try to kill me NP2?

You would have won.

Probably would have done that had i been on. I was away from DDO and i still have no idea what happened in DP2. I wish i had read the DP before claiming, because i completely ruined any chance i had of winning by claiming to have visited Mikal.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 9:03:06 PM
At 5/1/2014 9:00:16 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Ohhhh, mafia.

You would have won.

Probably would have done that had i been on. I was away from DDO and i still have no idea what happened in DP2. I wish i had read the DP before claiming, because i completely ruined any chance i had of winning by claiming to have visited Mikal.

Yeah, you should have claimed Oracle. (unless you couldn't, I didn't read the DP)

I replaced in, saw the vote count, and went hard after Mikal and Angel.
I figured out three townies and two mafia. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 9:06:49 PM
Responding to a post made during one day that I said I would respond to in the end-game (can't remember if it was DP2 or DP3): In terms of balance, this random game was decidedly stacked against town. The redirector-PGO combo was really strong for mafia, and they were all but guaranteed to win after the the second day broke. That in a way proves the philosophy of exposure over balance in Beginners' games; despite the odds being against town, they pulled it off anyway.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 9:07:03 PM
At 5/1/2014 8:59:03 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Mod Picks
The most blunderous moment of the game was last night, when the mafia decided not to redirect rross, thinking that rross would go after Chrys.
Had the mafia redirected rross instead of Niqash, Niqash and Endark both would have died, along with Khaos. This would have won the game instantly for mafia, as it would be 2-2. It wouldn't matter who rross targeted; if she targeted anyone at all, this would work.

The most funny moment was when Wylted justified his prolonged absence from posting on DP1 by stating that his fiance's hamster died and was freaking out about it.

The most valuable player was definitely rross. She was on top of the scum hunting; not to mention the fact that she named the scum team 100% accurately in DP2. Khaos gets an honorable mention for managing to turn the lynch effort on him around, saving the game.

Really?
I came on, and named two scum out the gate.
Knew the Vig was real (not knowing it was rross)
Managed to get a mod confirmation of Chrys.
I had the last scum down to 1 of three, and rross just had to follow suit.

However, I'm not saying she didn't play well.
She did the right thing in vigging whoever NP1, but she shouldn't have shot IMO NP2.
Too risky, and, as you know, mafia could have won the game because of it.

The most confusing moment was when Yay false-claimed really early on, as part of the equally confusing mass claim.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 9:08:28 PM
At 5/1/2014 9:07:03 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Mod Picks

Really?

She did the right thing in vigging whoever NP1, but she shouldn't have shot IMO NP2.

Hey, these are MY picks, after all. Don't take them to heart; you know how bad I am at playing this game :p

Besides, you're expected to do well because of your seniority.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 9:08:49 PM
At 5/1/2014 9:06:49 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Responding to a post made during one day that I said I would respond to in the end-game (can't remember if it was DP2 or DP3): In terms of balance, this random game was decidedly stacked against town. The redirector-PGO combo was really strong for mafia, and they were all but guaranteed to win after the the second day broke. That in a way proves the philosophy of exposure over balance in Beginners' games; despite the odds being against town, they pulled it off anyway.

Actually, does the redirector not visit the "other" party?
If so, Angel would have died too.
Still the play to make, but curious as to your call.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 9:12:04 PM
At 5/1/2014 9:08:49 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/1/2014 9:06:49 PM, SolonKR wrote:

Actually, does the redirector not visit the "other" party?
If so, Angel would have died too.
Still the play to make, but curious as to your call.

Taken from the mafia PM (bsh's words, not mine, though I agree with him):
Angel selects a person to redirect, and a person to redirect the action too.

For example: Angel can redirect X's action to Y.

Angel only visits X.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 9:12:50 PM
At 5/1/2014 9:08:28 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Mod Picks

Really?

Hey, these are MY picks, after all. Don't take them to heart; you know how bad I am at playing this game :p
Like I said, she did great.
How sure was she of the scum team, though?
Saying it, and putting the game on the line are two different things.
I think I named the scum team, too...but with options!!! :)

Actually, this is the best performance I have played ever, I think.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 9:17:37 PM
At 5/1/2014 9:12:50 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/1/2014 9:08:28 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Mod Picks

Really?

Like I said, she did great.
How sure was she of the scum team, though?
She had been tunneling Pots for an absurdly long amount of time.
She seemed sure of Mikal, and she DID put the game on the line to vig Angel.
Saying it, and putting the game on the line are two different things.
I think I named the scum team, too...but with options!!! :)

Actually, this is the best performance I have played ever, I think.

Actually, that one duel where you turned the tide of battle in the... third season of the show, I believe? That was pretty awesome.
#usedtobeaYugiohaddict
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 9:19:05 PM
At 5/1/2014 9:17:37 PM, SolonKR wrote:

Actually, that one duel where you turned the tide of battle in the... third season of the show, I believe? That was pretty awesome.
#usedtobeaYugiohaddict

So....every episode?
#heartofthecards
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 9:19:46 PM
At 5/1/2014 9:19:05 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/1/2014 9:17:37 PM, SolonKR wrote:

#usedtobeaYugiohaddict

So....every episode?
#heartofthecards

Touche
#French
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 11:15:13 PM
XLAV, you shouldn't have CCed me. You think I was that dumb to claim a PR and be all stupid about it? Well I guess you wouldn't have known my plan
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 11:16:28 PM
Ohhhh, mafia.

You would have won.

I was debating it but came to the conclusion that only one would kill the other and chrys would be confirmed town.

Was banking on a vig kill on him after i dropped that pm
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 11:22:32 PM
This was a rundown on the game. I gambled and tried to get a power roll off in NP1 so i could possibly use it later. I accidentally hit oracle

When It was at the point of redirecting I said redirect Rross to Endark, thinking it would end the game. I could not get a mod conformation if they would kill each other becuase they had gone to sleep. I had to go to work the next morning and did not want to leave angel without advice as to what to do since pots was afk for 2 days.

So I fabricated a PM making chrys seem guility hoping that it would work like this

redirect niquash to endark
nk khaoz
and with that PM hoping rross would vig kill chrys

It was my blunder, but I could not risk the fact that they would only kill each other. I had asked zaradi would they and he said diff mods did it differenlty. I could not risk the fact that only one would die

If they died, chrys would be confirmed town because oracle would have posted in the next dp after I died. It would have insta confirmed the scum team.

I had to work with what I had.

On a site note I did mention to pots to say that he watched chrys during np and say that he saw me visit him.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:43:13 AM
At 5/1/2014 11:15:13 PM, yay842 wrote:
XLAV, you shouldn't have CCed me. You think I was that dumb to claim a PR and be all stupid about it? Well I guess you wouldn't have known my plan

Yay you should have said you have an important role not dreamer, that would be enough to convince mafia to NK you.

Luckily we still won.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 3:35:33 AM

Hey thanks! I was pretty lucky to get vigilante. It was by far the best town role. :D
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 7:07:31 AM
At 5/1/2014 11:16:28 PM, Mikal wrote:
Ohhhh, mafia.

You would have won.

I was debating it but came to the conclusion that only one would kill the other and chrys would be confirmed town.

How was Chrys anything but confirmed with your flip?
There had to be an oracle.
It was down to Chrys or Pots, if applicable.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 7:48:00 AM
Ohhhh, mafia.

You would have won.

I figured as much.

You'd actually have been better off getting behind a pots lynch, redirecting rross into endark, and killing Khaos.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:38:35 PM
At 5/2/2014 7:48:00 AM, Chrysippus wrote:
Ohhhh, mafia.

You would have won.

I figured as much.

You'd actually have been better off getting behind a pots lynch, redirecting rross into endark, and killing Khaos.

that was the plan but no mod confrim on the rross redirect
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 2:39:30 PM
At 5/2/2014 7:07:31 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Ohhhh, mafia.

You would have won.

How was Chrys anything but confirmed with your flip?
There had to be an oracle.
It was down to Chrys or Pots, if applicable.

He was not confirmed until the next DP. Just said I was guilty, if he got vigged that night it would have stopped the post of his confirmation