Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Never Ending Star Wars (Commentary Thread)

Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:33:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This accompanying thread is for discussing The Never Ending Star Wars Story Thread, which can be found here: (http://www.debate.org...)

If you want to post a chapter, check here first. Make sure that someone isn't posting the same chapter you intend to. If you see that someone is posting Chapter Ten, but the most recent posted chapter is Chapter Nine, do NOT post your chapter in the story thread.

Post your chapter ONLY in the appropriate number sequence, please.

Wait your turn and be gentlemen/lady.

An author is given a week to post the chapter he's claiming. If he fails to post the chapter in story thread after 168 hours of calling it, he forfeits that chapter.

Also, failure to abide by the story thread's rules may invalidate your chapter. (http://www.debate.org...)
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:47:13 PM
Oh my gosh. I already messed up in the Star Wars opening.

It should read like this:

Star Wars

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. . . .

The Empire is in disarray. It has been three decades since conniving Emperor Palpatine was overthrown. Imperial politicians and Generals struggle to preserve what remains of the dead Emperor's starry realm. Powerful, ambitious warlords fight among themselves for control.

In the years following the destruction of the second Death Star, brave men and women and aliens from across the galaxy have struggled to reconstruct the constitutional Republic; the results thus far have been modest, with only one-third of all previous star systems rejoining. Fear of another Imperial tyrant uprising is high and the New Republic President finds his legal authority considerably limited. Acts of destructive terrorism are commonplace.

Under the auspices of the new constitution, war hero and Master Jedi Luke Skywalker has reestablished the Jedi Order on Coruscant. There, with the help of his Jedi trainees and warriors, he works to promote the once-dwindling light side of the force and to bring cooperative order and peace to the New Republic.

It is a dark and tumultuous time across the galaxy. . . .
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 11:08:23 PM
As I posted in the story thread, I'm calling the first chapter.

Chapter One: Attack on the New Republic President
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 12:20:05 AM
Just to advise everbody, this story will not focus on Luke Skywalker and the characters from the original films. They may play important roles in the story from time to time, but the story will focus on other characters primarily.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 9:58:43 PM
Here are a few important characters in the Never Ending Star Wars Story:

President Kyle Vero Theresa - President of the New Republic; blue skinned humanoid male.

Darren Urbot - Administrative Aide to the President; wears a cybernetic headband implant. He's a human male.

Master Jedi Kamala Redstar - main character of the story starting off; 29 year old mulatto human female; she's tall (6'2"), slim, muscular, and powerful in the force. She trained under Master Luke Skywalker.

Master Jedi Corina - near-human female; powerful force-user. Appearance: still working out the details.

Jedi Padawan Adrian Jay Luddington (A.J. Luddington) - human male (speaks with a British accent); he's 20 years old, tall, and has a shaggy haircut. He's padawan to Kamala Redstar.

Jedi Padawan Jade Keteris - 18 years old green-skinned Twi-lek female. Like her teacher, she's muscular, acrobatic, and a superb fighter. She's padawan to Corina.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 5:22:31 PM
I'm going to try to post Chapter One tomorrow because I have a very important debate I have to create and defend (and it's much more important than this story).

But this chapter will be good too.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2014 10:59:34 PM
Okay. I'm sure the anger is swelling in you now. Ha ha.

Chapter One will be posted tomorrow. Sorry, everyone.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 9:44:54 AM
Chapter One Correction:

"Citizens of our great Republic--attending Senators, officials, diplomats and guest in the audience-- . . . "
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 6:28:51 PM
At 5/16/2014 6:38:13 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
I'm canceling Chapter Two at the moment.

I'll resume finishing it sometime in the future.

I'll resume working on Chapter Two and will try to post it by Sunday.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 2:36:29 PM
Okay. Chapter Two may have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry everyone.

I'm focusing on several things at the moment. I may also create a new debate challenge very soon!
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 10:30:51 AM
I'll post whatever I finish of Chapter two later in the evening.

This is going to be a very long Chapter. I will try to post all of it before the deadline is up.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 12:00:07 AM
I know. I know. I posted a very small section of Chapter Two today because I barely worked on it at all. I still have four more days before the deadline is reached to post the remainder of this chapter. :P
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 12:04:10 AM
Chapter Two correction:

"As the elevator gently but speedily descended to the lower floors, her Padawan gazed at his reflection in the glass and fastidiously adjusted his Jedi robes, self-conscious about his appearance."
Mr_Soundboard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 4:34:13 PM
when can I post???? this is a great idea!
"Conscience is universal, the ability to adhere to that moral thought is not"
Mr_Soundboard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 4:44:33 PM
just wanted to add, i never once heard the word "aliens" used to describe people in star wars, should we refrain from using it? just makes the whole story lose some star wars-iness, just a thought
"Conscience is universal, the ability to adhere to that moral thought is not"
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 4:51:06 PM
At 5/27/2014 4:44:33 PM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
just wanted to add, i never once heard the word "aliens" used to describe people in star wars, should we refrain from using it? just makes the whole story lose some star wars-iness, just a thought

Oh gosh! Now that I have someone that wants to add a chapter, I guess I should get serious about the chapter I'm currently working on, lol!!!

I'll post the remainder of Chapter 2 tomorrow!

(The word "alien" is fine. However, if you want to use a different word I totally accept that.)
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 6:13:19 PM
Just so that no one gets offended, the word "alien" is used to describe non-human intelligent species in the expanded Star Wars universe novels. If professor authors like Timothy Zahn, Debra Wheeler, Rebecca Moesta, and Kevin J. Anderson use the word, I can't really prevent authors in the Never Ending Star Wars Story Thread from using it either.

But they are free to use another word if they choose; it's all up to them!
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 4:26:19 PM
Chapter Two was originally going to be longer, but whoever works on Chapter Three will have extend the idea I was playing with.

This will definitely be fun.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 5:06:28 PM
At 5/27/2014 4:34:13 PM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
when can I post???? this is a great idea!

Mr_Soundboard, you're free to post Chapter Three if you look.

But you have to call it here (in the Commentary Thread) first. Don't forget to give it a title.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 3:37:17 AM
I hate to say it, but I think this Star Wars story is getting beat-up by the constant leaks being released about the new Star Wars movie to be released next year.

Because we know so little about the new trilogy, it's hard to sell this story as something that can tie into Episode 7 and the following SW movies.

Of course, others are welcome to add chapters to the Never Ending Star Wars story, but I think my effort is better wasted on something else that will pique the interest of on-site readers and where distraction wont be an issue.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 3:43:12 AM
Correction:

"I hate to say it, but I think this Star Wars story is getting beat-up by the constant leaks being released about the new Star Wars movie to debut next year."