Spy Movie Mafia - DP2

Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 12:22:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Died last DP:

Lannan13: You are a former T.O.W.N. field agent. You went rogue ever since the organization burned you 13 years ago.

In 1999, from an unknown origin, your own organization believed false rumors accusing you of conspiring to overthrow the T.O.W.N.; as a result, you were put under strict supervision, and your only son was abducted in an attempt to gain leverage against you. You remained loyal to the T.O.W.N. and tried to make up for the rumors by volunteering yourself for highly dangerous missions; yet, the head of the T.O.W.N. Director refused to clear you, or even let you see your son. 13 years ago, you received word an old buddy in the organization that your son had committed suicide because he couldn't bare the torture that the T.O.W.N. was using on him, and that you were burned form the organization. In a fit of rage, you bombed the T.O.W.N. HQ, and exacted a file containing the names of several high-rank T.O.W.N. secret agents, wishing for revenge. However, before you even had the time to disclose the names of these agents, they all suddenly died. To escape the same fate, you faked your death by escaping a sinking ship. Unable to cope with such injustice, you sunk into alcoholism and other vices. 6 years ago, you learned that you contracted AIDS, and likely won't have long to live. In an emotional release, you converted to radical Pastafarianism, and regained the desire for revenge.

You are a ghost. You are protected from being targeted by any actions, including kills, for 1 time. This ability activates automatically.
You can kill people. On nights you kill people, you do not have your ghost ability.

Win Condition: kill everyone involved in your misfortune; joint win possible. [hidden: (you can be converted to town under certain conditions.)]

Died during the night:

XLAV: You are a civilian; you used to be a tech agent for the T.O.W.N. After you were wounded in a field operation, you retired into witness protection. 15 years ago, you were given orders to track a rogue agent, who could pose a very severe security threat. You tracked your target for two years, until one day he simply disappeared. A week later, you briefly picked him up again on a ship"s security system; however, the ship sunk before you could get any substantial connections.

You are a JOAT. You have 1x Watcher, 1x PGO (one night only), and 1x fruit vendor.

You win with the town.

PotBelliedGeek: You work for the Mafia. You are a mole in the T.O.W.N. 15 years ago, you framed a high up T.O.W.N. agent because he was on the verge of discovering you. After the frame was discovered, you were afraid that your position will be compromised if the framed agent was restored to his original position. You then transmitted a false "leak" to said agent, informing him that he is burned from the organization and his son is dead. You know that this will deter said agent from ever resurfacing. To your joy, the burnt agent did more than simply disappear " he bombed the T.O.W.N. HQ, which weakened its security system and allowed you to steal the name of several T.O.W.N. agents. You relayed this information back to the Mafia, and these agents were all killed. You also learned that the agent had died in a ship accident. Everything went better than expected.

Your cover is "the T.O.W.N. support agent, who can enable any roleblocked player to use his role." You may visit someone and pretend like you"re enabling them. You can"t actually do anything by visiting.
In addition, you have 3 real abilities:
- 1x Infect the III network (will roleblock all T.O.W.N. system-dependent information roles);
- 1x carry out an assassination (a strongman kill) in place of the NK;
- and 1x redirector. You may redirect one player"s actions to another person of your choice;
Upon investigation, you return "innocent".

You win with the Mafia.

Living players:
1. Lannan13 (R:Jifpop09)
2. ford_prefect
3. Khaos_Mage
4. tvellalott
5. NiqashMotawadi3
6. 9spaceking
7. Ore_Ele
8. Josh_b
9. bsh1/YYW
10. Smithereens

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
This DP ends in 96 hours, or 5/14 12:00 DDO time.
0x5f3759df
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 12:27:45 PM
Hmmmm, any chances XLAV was Strongmanned by Pots, who died via PGO?
Or is that too simple?

Did anyone receive fruit?
If they did, there must be a vig.
My work here is, finally, done.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 12:43:25 PM
wow, either we have a mafia that is fairly inexperienced, or we had one hell of a good night with a PGO (other than XCLAV).

I have no idea why mafia would use their night kill on him, with all his pushing to be "confirmed" and the way he did it, I was not convinced that he was confirmed and he would have had to out his entire role tonight (and still might get lynched for lying).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 12:51:08 PM
TV said he does nothing (or almost nothing) D1, so lets see if he gets involved DP2.

Also, I need to change one of my reads as I gave it falsely to town.

Jifpop (now Lannan) is not a strong town read. I said that I view him as town because mafia control their newbs and don't let them run wild making mistakes. This applies to normal newbs. I don't believe jifpop is the kind that is going to quietly sit by and let others tell him what to do, so he would be out of control as mafia or town. My reason for fake reading him was because I thought the mafia was going to kill me last DP and I was going to replace into his spot and I wanted a general town read on the opening in case it turned out to be mafia.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 12:58:31 PM
At 5/10/2014 12:51:08 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
TV said he does nothing (or almost nothing) D1, so lets see if he gets involved DP2.

Jifpop (now Lannan) is not a strong town read. I said that I view him as town because mafia control their newbs and don't let them run wild making mistakes. This applies to normal newbs. I don't believe jifpop is the kind that is going to quietly sit by and let others tell him what to do, so he would be out of control as mafia or town. My reason for fake reading him was because I thought the mafia was going to kill me last DP and I was going to replace into his spot and I wanted a general town read on the opening in case it turned out to be mafia.

Why would you lie with your reads?
Jifpop is town to me, since I think he outed his role in the wrong game, before this game was even up. The timing might be wrong, but still, I am pretty confident that jifpop wouldn't be doing that as mafia.
Plus, if memory serves, he was mafia in the beginner's game in question.

bsh1, you posted his role claim.
Is my memory right on this?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 1:08:12 PM
At 5/10/2014 12:58:31 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

As explained, I was hoping to take his role when I died (because I thought I was going to die NP1) and I wanted to take a role that had town reads on it, regardless if it was town or mafia.

Jifpop is town to me, since I think he outed his role in the wrong game, before this game was even up.

This, I didn't know. Where did he out it?

The timing might be wrong, but still, I am pretty confident that jifpop wouldn't be doing that as mafia.

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 1:14:38 PM
I just asked the mod, PGO does not protect, so if the mafia try to kill PGO, they both die. This is what likely happened. Otherwise, mafia killed XCLAV (and he did something other than PGO) and a vig or some other role that can kill took out Pots. I think it is most likeky that they killed each other.

Right now, with a 3rd party SK gone (which should imply no other killing roles), a major mafia dead, and only a weak JOAT lost, we are in pretty darn good shape.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 1:14:50 PM
At 5/10/2014 1:08:12 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

As explained, I was hoping to take his role when I died (because I thought I was going to die NP1) and I wanted to take a role that had town reads on it, regardless if it was town or mafia.

FT would not approve :)
Also, I don't like your reasoning.
Why did you assume you would die over me, TV, or anyone that was perceived as a threat?

Jifpop is town to me, since I think he outed his role in the wrong game, before this game was even up.

http://www.debate.org...
It was six hours into our game.
Pretty bold to make a fake claim. (I suppose the character could be TP or something else)

The timing might be wrong, but still, I am pretty confident that jifpop wouldn't be doing that as mafia.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 1:16:22 PM
At 5/10/2014 1:14:38 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I just asked the mod, PGO does not protect, so if the mafia try to kill PGO, they both die. This is what likely happened. Otherwise, mafia killed XCLAV (and he did something other than PGO) and a vig or some other role that can kill took out Pots. I think it is most likeky that they killed each other.

Right now, with a 3rd party SK gone (which should imply no other killing roles), a major mafia dead, and only a weak JOAT lost, we are in pretty darn good shape.

The fact that TP was 1x BP suggests a vig, too.
Also, there was that whole "Who wants fruit" thing.
I'm not so sure what happened.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 1:24:14 PM
At 5/10/2014 1:14:50 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/10/2014 1:08:12 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

FT would not approve :)
Also, I don't like your reasoning.
Why did you assume you would die over me, TV, or anyone that was perceived as a threat?

TV was literally not doing ANYTHING last DP. I feel I was making the most reads and most depth into my reads (which including calling out pots as very scum and explaining in detail why). I also felt that I had a decent control on the town, such as getting the town to stop lynching Lannan so we could talk more and then start it back up later.

It was six hours into our game.
Pretty bold to make a fake claim. (I suppose the character could be TP or something else)

That is not outing his role in the "wrong" game, just doing it really early in this game. And since Pots was given a fake role, it is not off to suspect that Jif and the rest of the mafia may have aswell.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 1:26:38 PM
I have some concerts for a community choir tonight and tomorrow, so please don't let the DP end before I get back.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 1:26:50 PM
Actually, I want Lannan's full claim, or even death.

Jifpop said he has no recollection of country or theme.

Pots was a mole within TOWN.
Why is it not hard to assume jifpop is some sort of brainwashed contractor?

I don't know if he is mafia or TP, but he seems dangerous.
I think he needs to go.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 1:52:07 PM
At 5/10/2014 1:14:38 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Yeah, they messed up pretty badly last night. lol... that was just dumb. Idk why... I mean, you'd think they would be able to anticipate the implications of their actions, but I think their blunder has vastly increased the likelihood of a town win.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 1:53:02 PM
At 5/10/2014 12:43:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
wow, either we have a mafia that is fairly inexperienced, or we had one hell of a good night with a PGO (other than XCLAV).

I have no idea why mafia would use their night kill on him, with all his pushing to be "confirmed" and the way he did it, I was not convinced that he was confirmed and he would have had to out his entire role tonight (and still might get lynched for lying).

It doesn't make strategic sense at all. They should have been going after someone whose death would actually be useful to them...
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 2:32:54 PM

Yup. I don't remember what it was anymore though...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 3:10:11 PM
At 5/10/2014 1:26:50 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I think he needs to go.

VTL Lannan for full-claim.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 3:11:04 PM
At 5/10/2014 3:10:11 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

I think he needs to go.

VTL Lannan for full-claim.

Unvote

Playing too much Mafia games is so confusing sometimes.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 3:13:07 PM
At 5/10/2014 3:11:52 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/10/2014 1:17:18 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
VTL Lannan for character

Isn't he dead? Or is he replacing someone?

Replacing Jif.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 4:46:09 PM
Just finished our warm ups and go on in 10 minutes. At this time, no one should be forced to claim. I have some info that I think should be outted this DP. I didn't release it DP1 because my role says outing it is harmful to town, but I believe all the harms are gone and I can confirm 4 people.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 4:47:44 PM
At 5/10/2014 4:46:09 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Just finished our warm ups and go on in 10 minutes. At this time, no one should be forced to claim. I have some info that I think should be outted this DP. I didn't release it DP1 because my role says outing it is harmful to town, but I believe all the harms are gone and I can confirm 4 people.

By name or role?
Either way, I have to go to work.

Also, what do you think of Lannan/jif?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 4:54:02 PM
Back to where I was at my last day phase.
VTL Ford

What were your night actions? I also find it highly likely that there is an SK in this game. Also I'll be gone until tomorrow. I'll make my claim and justification on why Jifpop09 was so scummy.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 5:30:05 PM
At 5/10/2014 4:54:02 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Back to where I was at my last day phase.
VTL Ford

What were your night actions? I also find it highly likely that there is an SK in this game. Also I'll be gone until tomorrow. I'll make my claim and justification on why Jifpop09 was so scummy.

dude... you were the serial killer

As for my action last night... Let's just say it was helpful and leave it at that.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 5:31:23 PM
So do we think there's another active tech agent? Or was XLAV the retired tech agent my PM referred to?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 6:49:26 PM

I think he needs to go.

I will role summerize that is all.

Lannan13 You are the Contractor. You were recently highered by a company of which you can't remeber the name of and you can't fathum why. You not knowing the name of the company doesn't stop your motivation as you work hard both night and day to earn your paycheck. Thus giving you the ability of a X1 deputy. Once the first town player dies in the game you gain their role, but your affiliation stays the same. YWWTT.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~