Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Chaos Theory Mafia - Endgame

Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 6:55:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Mafia wins!!!
Yraelz/FT, Bullish, Lannan, and XLAV

Oh, how mafia came back and were lucky.

WIth such a rough start for mafia, and feeling stupid for having included a Yukaza and lightning rod, I thought for sure Yraelz would have been killed DP2, thus leaving 1 mafia in the sensor result. However, no one seemed to explore how so many people were redirected, and only one mafia died.

In hindsight, I should have had the doc be jailkeeer, and lightning rod be universal backup, to fit with the rules I established. But, with the Decoder role, that was supposed to negate the effect of sensor.

While this game was designed to analyze behavior and not results, it didn't seem to work thanks to the sensor. The quotes largely meant nothing. I choose a few specifically, namely Y/FT's lightning rod which was supposed to scare them due to thinking they were lover. But, for the most part, I just randomly assigned random quotes that dealt with chaos. Again, the purpose of the game was to analyze behavior, not theme/character.

This game should have been smaller given the "janitored" roles, and had it have been, the roles would have been delayed.

Upon entering the mafia, the convert shed his old role, and acquired the DECODER role, which is role cop for them, number of letters in role as a result for their target, and role is revealed upon death. By waiving the first few nights on some silly concern, this actually solidified Zaradi's results. Imagine if on NP2, another player's results were a number.

Town's only chance DP6 was for TN05 to have realized this, and lynched himself, because Yraelz and FT knew they could start the DP and insta-hammer TN05 for the win. Which, would have been hilarious.

Mafia also lucked out in the people who were lynched and the night actions key players choose; namely lynching Lucky (doc) DP2, and Niqash shooting himself in the face NP2,. All the passive roles that would have shook things up were left to the end: beloved princess, super saint, and hated.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 7:08:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
NP1NP2NP3NP4NP5
4. TN05Hated
Lucky, waives, zaradi,waive, waive
10. yay/erBeloved Princess
bsh1, Bullish, ford, waive, 7th
8. FordDreamer
LuckyFordjoe bidenthe moondead
13. 7th/MikalSuper Saint
bsh1bsh17thwaiveBullish
14.withersBulletproof
Lucky, josh, dead
12. ZaradiSensor
7th,Zaradi, waive, waive,bsh1
2. Yraelz/FTLightning Rod
Yraelz, waives, waive, bsh1, NK bsh1, target TN05
(converted NP1, then became decoder " role cop for mafia, player gets number of letters in role and role is revealed upon death)
5. LuckyDoc
Luckydead
1. XLAVRoleblocker/Ninja
dead
7. BullishRandomizer/Strongman
Zaradi, Zaradi, kills NiqashFord, kills joshkills ford, target bsh1deaddead
11. josh-BTracker
bsh1, Bullish, bullish,dead
9. bsh1Watcher
Y/FT, waives, josh, bsh1, TN05, dead
6. LannanYakuza
target and kill FT,dead
3. Niqash.Vig
Zaradi,Niqashdead

NP1
Zaradi yields 7
Bullish fails to RB
Yraelz lightning rods
Lucky Docs Yrarlez
Josh yields no results
bsh1 sees Lannan, Niqash, josh, Lucky
Lannan converts
Niqash fails

NP2
Ford learns bsh1's name
josh tracks Bullish to Zaradi and Niqash
Niqash and Bullish kill Niqash

NP3
Ford learns TN05
bsh1 sees Bullish
Bullish kills josh

NP4
Ford dies = N/A
Bullis kills Ford
Bullish randomizes bsh1
Bsh1 sees Bullish visit Ford
Yraelz decode bsh1

NP5
Y/FT kills bsh1
Y/FT decode TN05

Doc"Invention, it must be humbly admitted, does not consist in creating out of void but out of chaos."
R13; Mary Shelley
Watcher"I accept chaos, I'm not sure whether it accepts me."
R13; Bob Dylan
Tracker"Either we are adrift in chaos or we are individuals, created, loved, upheld and placed purposefully, exactly where we are. Can you believe that? Can you trust God for that?"
R13; Elisabeth Elliot
Vig"In the space between chaos and shape there was another chance."
R13; Jeanette Winterson, The World and Other Places: Stories
Dreamer"It's a cruel and random world, but the chaos is all so beautiful."
R13; Hiromu Arakawa
Bulletproof"It"s a lack of clarity that creates chaos and frustration. Those emotions are poison to any living goal."
R13; Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
Hated"It is hard to adapt to chaos, but it can be done. I am living proof of that: It can be done"
R13; Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions
Lightning Rod"Real love is always chaotic. You lose control; you lose perspective. You lose the ability to protect yourself. The greater the love, the greater the chaos. It"s a given and that"s the secret."
R13; Jonathan Carroll, White Apples
Super SaintIn all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order.
Carl Jung
Beloved Princess"We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
R13; M.C. Escher
Sensor"In times of great chaos, people tend to follow a man with a plan."
R13; Jeffrey Fry
Yakuza"You must carry a chaos inside you to give birth to a dancing star."
R13; Nietzsche
RB/N"Here's to those who love the quiet, but thrive in chaos."
R13; Verscon
Rand/SM"For me it's all about creating chaos.. and then getting away with it."
R13; Hafsa Shah
My work here is, finally, done.
Smithereens
Posts: 7,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 7:11:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Niqash and Bullish kill Niqash" How did that happen?
Smithereens vs Kenballer "Idealism infers Solipsism" http://www.debate.org...

"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 7:13:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Thanks for playing.

Also, it was a bit bastard of me to say there are no 1x roles, and have Zaradi be a 1x sensor, but his role is standard once per game. I should have said all roles are standard, except for special roles I made up.
I apologize for that.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 7:14:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 7:11:20 AM, Smithereens wrote:
"Niqash and Bullish kill Niqash" How did that happen?

Niqash was vig, and shot himself, as mafia targeted him for NK.

No one knew their roles in this game.
In their respective PM's, everyone had the role of CHAOS.
My work here is, finally, done.
Smithereens
Posts: 7,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 7:15:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 7:14:06 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/14/2014 7:11:20 AM, Smithereens wrote:
"Niqash and Bullish kill Niqash" How did that happen?

Niqash was vig, and shot himself, as mafia targeted him for NK.

No one knew their roles in this game.
In their respective PM's, everyone had the role of CHAOS.

lol, so there was little hope of survival. Gg, how smoothly did the game run with all the ignorance?
Smithereens vs Kenballer "Idealism infers Solipsism" http://www.debate.org...

"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 7:18:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 7:15:17 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 5/14/2014 7:14:06 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/14/2014 7:11:20 AM, Smithereens wrote:
"Niqash and Bullish kill Niqash" How did that happen?

Niqash was vig, and shot himself, as mafia targeted him for NK.

No one knew their roles in this game.
In their respective PM's, everyone had the role of CHAOS.

lol, so there was little hope of survival. Gg, how smoothly did the game run with all the ignorance?

Pretty well, I think.
People knew the plan was to focus on behavior this game going into it, but I don't think they expected this.
They seemed to enjoy it, even though town lost because they broke the design of the game by following a role's result blindly. LOL
My work here is, finally, done.
Smithereens
Posts: 7,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 7:19:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 7:18:29 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/14/2014 7:15:17 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 5/14/2014 7:14:06 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/14/2014 7:11:20 AM, Smithereens wrote:
"Niqash and Bullish kill Niqash" How did that happen?

Niqash was vig, and shot himself, as mafia targeted him for NK.

No one knew their roles in this game.
In their respective PM's, everyone had the role of CHAOS.

lol, so there was little hope of survival. Gg, how smoothly did the game run with all the ignorance?

Pretty well, I think.
People knew the plan was to focus on behavior this game going into it, but I don't think they expected this.
They seemed to enjoy it, even though town lost because they broke the design of the game by following a role's result blindly. LOL

o? Which result was this?
Smithereens vs Kenballer "Idealism infers Solipsism" http://www.debate.org...

"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 7:22:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 7:19:06 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 5/14/2014 7:18:29 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/14/2014 7:15:17 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 5/14/2014 7:14:06 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/14/2014 7:11:20 AM, Smithereens wrote:
"Niqash and Bullish kill Niqash" How did that happen?

Niqash was vig, and shot himself, as mafia targeted him for NK.

No one knew their roles in this game.
In their respective PM's, everyone had the role of CHAOS.

lol, so there was little hope of survival. Gg, how smoothly did the game run with all the ignorance?

Pretty well, I think.
People knew the plan was to focus on behavior this game going into it, but I don't think they expected this.
They seemed to enjoy it, even though town lost because they broke the design of the game by following a role's result blindly. LOL

o? Which result was this?

He was sensor, which was mitigated by the Yakuza.
FT/Y milked it for all it was worth, lynching everyone on the short list, and NKing active roles, and no one seemed to care why the only death NP1 was mafia. They chalked it up to PGO and left it at that.
My work here is, finally, done.
XLAV
Posts: 14,342
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 9:12:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
My lynch on DP1 was totally part of our masterplan...
Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife

Favorite Debate:
Muhammad Drawing Contest
http://www.debate.org...
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 1:21:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 8:06:34 AM, XLAV wrote:
Lol, FT finally played mafia as mafia.

I actually stopped playing after I was recruited.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 1:25:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Khaos deprived us of the joy of hammering TN. So disappointing. It was going to be awesome.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 1:51:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 1:25:01 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Khaos deprived us of the joy of hammering TN. So disappointing. It was going to be awesome.

Were you actually going to not kill in the night to do that?
My work here is, finally, done.
bsh1
Posts: 29,006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 1:55:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 1:21:26 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 5/14/2014 8:06:34 AM, XLAV wrote:
Lol, FT finally played mafia as mafia.

I actually stopped playing after I was recruited.

I guessed. It was just odd to see you suddenly drop out of the game like that.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

29,000th Post & Sort of Farewell: http://www.debate.org...
Yraelz
Posts: 5,299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 2:36:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 1:51:53 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/14/2014 1:25:01 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Khaos deprived us of the joy of hammering TN. So disappointing. It was going to be awesome.

Were you actually going to not kill in the night to do that?

Wait what... there were still three people left alive. TN05, ER, and us! I WANTED MY HATED TOWNIE HAMMER!!!!
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 2:45:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 2:36:53 PM, Yraelz wrote:
At 5/14/2014 1:51:53 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/14/2014 1:25:01 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Khaos deprived us of the joy of hammering TN. So disappointing. It was going to be awesome.

Were you actually going to not kill in the night to do that?

Wait what... there were still three people left alive. TN05, ER, and us! I WANTED MY HATED TOWNIE HAMMER!!!!

My question was, were you going to waive the NK to hammer?
Zaradi died in the DP.
My work here is, finally, done.
Yraelz
Posts: 5,299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 2:52:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 2:45:57 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
My question was, were you going to waive the NK to hammer?
Zaradi died in the DP.

What game you were playing... 7th died in the day (ER, FT/I, Zaradi hammered him). Then FT/I killed Zaradi during NP6. That leads us into DP7 with ER, TN05, and FT/I
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 3:06:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 2:52:25 PM, Yraelz wrote:
At 5/14/2014 2:45:57 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
My question was, were you going to waive the NK to hammer?
Zaradi died in the DP.

What game you were playing... 7th died in the day (ER, FT/I, Zaradi hammered him). Then FT/I killed Zaradi during NP6. That leads us into DP7 with ER, TN05, and FT/I

Zaradi died in the DAY.
What game were you watching?
My work here is, finally, done.
Yraelz
Posts: 5,299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 3:08:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 3:06:47 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Zaradi died in the DAY.
What game were you watching?

How did he die!? Why!?!?!?!

Dude we would have waived!! WE would have totally waived!!! How could you do this!!!!!!
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 3:21:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 3:08:45 PM, Yraelz wrote:
At 5/14/2014 3:06:47 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Zaradi died in the DAY.
What game were you watching?

How did he die!? Why!?!?!?!

Dude we would have waived!! WE would have totally waived!!! How could you do this!!!!!!

7th was super saint.
Were you really going to risk losing the game to hammer TN05?
Knowing they could have hammered you before you came on, or having ER hammer TN05 as well.

Sorry, I really wasn't up for typing up a new DP just for LOLZ.
I typed that up, and went to bed.
My work here is, finally, done.
Yraelz
Posts: 5,299
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 3:31:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 3:21:46 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
7th was super saint.
Were you really going to risk losing the game to hammer TN05?

Of course! Because no one would know TN05 was hated. So I could have revealed us as mafia and hammered TN05. In the meantime they would have both voted for FT/I thinking they had won. It was perfect... perfectly monstrous.

Knowing they could have hammered you before you came on, or having ER hammer TN05 as well.

Everyone is hesitant at MYLO.

Sorry, I really wasn't up for typing up a new DP just for LOLZ.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I typed that up, and went to bed.
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 3:36:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 3:31:58 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Of course! Because no one would know TN05 was hated. So I could have revealed us as mafia and hammered TN05. In the meantime they would have both voted for FT/I thinking they had won. It was perfect... perfectly monstrous.

Imagine them, thinking they won... lol.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,962
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 4:51:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 4:32:48 PM, Bullish wrote:
G.G.

What does randomizer do?

You select someone and their role is used on a random person, as opposed to one they choose.
Stooge the Worst

#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#UnbanTheCuntMan

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

"SeventhProfessor is actually a surprisingly good poster."
~Devilry

https://docs.google.com...
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 4:56:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 4:51:42 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 5/14/2014 4:32:48 PM, Bullish wrote:
G.G.

What does randomizer do?

You select someone and their role is used on a random person, as opposed to one they choose.

That makes sense.
0x5f3759df
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 5:31:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/14/2014 4:56:33 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 5/14/2014 4:51:42 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 5/14/2014 4:32:48 PM, Bullish wrote:
G.G.

What does randomizer do?

You select someone and their role is used on a random person, as opposed to one they choose.

That makes sense.

Yeah, this way you had a redirect, but not have to choose two names.
My work here is, finally, done.