bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 12:49:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Town wins!

TOWN

Envi - You are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

Wylted - You are the BOMB. If NK'd, you kill your killer. You win with the town.

XLAV - You are the TRACKER. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who, if anyone, they visit. You win with the town.

Lannan - You are the DOCTOR. Each night you may select a player. They will be shielded from lethal actions. You win with the town.

Angel - You are the VIRGIN. If lynched, you prevent all NK during the subsequent NP. You win with the town.

Endark - You are the HUNTER. If lynched, you may select another player to die as well as you. You win with the town.

Oro - You are the PGO. You NK anyone who visits you at night. You win with the town.

MAFIA

Cin - You are the REDIRECTOR. Each night you may select a player and redirect their actions to another player of your choice.

Romanii - You are the REDIRECTOR. Each night you may select a player and redirect their actions to another player of your choice.

[Originally: MIMIC]

Niqash - You are the LOOKOUT. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who visits that player.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Lannan - Doc. XLAV
XLAV - Trk. Cin
Niqash - Lkt. Endark
Romanii - Mimic Cin

NP2

Lannan - Doc. Angel
XLAV - Trk. Endark
Romanii - Rdct. XLAV to Endark
Cin - Rdct. Lannan to Endark
Romanii - NK Wylted

NP3

Lannan - Doc. Angel
XLAV - Trk. Oro
Niqash - NK Lannan

NP4

None

Side-note: There should've been no debate about anything course of actions besides lynching Angel during DP4. Also, mad props to Angel for being the only person to correctly guess that mafia forfeited their NK NP1.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 12:50:19 AM
Congrats to Endark on making the right choice!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 12:56:57 AM
At 5/22/2014 12:55:04 AM, XLAV wrote:
Lol, I hate you Endark for using me...

Sorry, XLAV, but I had to. You were being really aggressive. And it didn't help that you defended Cin so hard.

But what happens in mafia stays in mafia. :-)

BTW, every time I read your #lynchendark2014, I burst out laughing. So there's that.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 12:58:05 AM
At 5/22/2014 12:56:57 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Sorry, XLAV, but I had to. You were being really aggressive. And it didn't help that you defended Cin so hard.

BTW, every time I read your #lynchendark2014, I burst out laughing. So there's that.
Did you really thing I was mafia?
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 12:58:42 AM
At 5/22/2014 12:58:05 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 5/22/2014 12:56:57 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Did you really thing I was mafia?

Not after you said you were tracker. I did before that.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:00:29 AM
Wylted, why didn't you crackdown on me when you thought I was bomb? Your play was ingenious, as the mafia never suspected, but what made you not try to CC me?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:02:13 AM
At 5/22/2014 12:59:39 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/22/2014 12:58:54 AM, XLAV wrote:
Why did mafia forfeited their NK on NP1?

My guess is so that we would blame the inactives.
Gawd, this game made me change my mafia philosophy.
My current philosophy:
VTNL is better than lynching an inactive.

My new philosophy:
Lynching an inactive is better than VTNL.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:05:18 AM
At 5/22/2014 1:02:13 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 5/22/2014 12:59:39 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/22/2014 12:58:54 AM, XLAV wrote:
Why did mafia forfeited their NK on NP1?

My guess is so that we would blame the inactives.
Gawd, this game made me change my mafia philosophy.
My current philosophy:
VTNL is better than lynching an inactive.

My new philosophy:
Lynching an inactive is better than VTNL.

Yeah...Envi really hurt us this game. If he had CC'd, that would have helped. If inactives are hurting the town, as they almost always do, I think it's better to cut away the dead weight.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:09:04 AM
Hey guys! Feedback on the advisor thing would be appreciated.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:12:39 AM
At 5/22/2014 1:09:04 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Hey guys! Feedback on the advisor thing would be appreciated.

I thought you wanted to say something?

But I think you did well. You didn't outright direct our actions, but you did provide potential strategies and warned about bickering.
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:18:56 AM
jeesh, I missed the final decision. I guess my screen locked cause I never saw notifications.

Good decision-making Endark. I'm not sure I would have made the right choice in your place. I got pretty paranoid in DP4.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:18:56 AM
At 5/22/2014 1:00:29 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Wylted, why didn't you crackdown on me when you thought I was bomb? Your play was ingenious, as the mafia never suspected, but what made you not try to CC me?

I didn't want to CC you unless I knew for a fact you were mafia. I also thought with them thinking I'm dreamer and you fake claiming bomb, killing me would seem safer, and if anyone other than you killed me, it would out you as mafia and I'd get 2 kills for the price of one.
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:20:54 AM
Side-note: There should've been no debate about anything course of actions besides lynching Angel during DP4. Also, mad props to Angel for being the only person to correctly guess that mafia forfeited their NK NP1.

Easy for overlords to say! Just when I was confident PBGeek chimed in with "do the math" and I convinced myself that I was missing something obvious.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:22:05 AM
At 5/22/2014 1:18:56 AM, Oromagi wrote:
jeesh, I missed the final decision. I guess my screen locked cause I never saw notifications.

Good decision-making Endark. I'm not sure I would have made the right choice in your place. I got pretty paranoid in DP4.

Thank you! It was actually Niqash who convinced me. In DP3, he said he'd guarded XLAV NP2. But when I asked him why he didn't protect Lannan NP2, he said it was because he guarded Angel.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:22:22 AM
At 5/22/2014 1:20:54 AM, Oromagi wrote:

Easy for overlords to say! Just when I was confident PBGeek chimed in with "do the math" and I convinced myself that I was missing something obvious.

Pots is right though...you all need to discuss math more...but, Angel was the smartest choice that DP, as I'm sure Khaos will point out if/when he chimes in.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:23:42 AM
At 5/22/2014 1:22:22 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 1:20:54 AM, Oromagi wrote:

Pots is right though...you all need to discuss math more...but, Angel was the smartest choice that DP, as I'm sure Khaos will point out if/when he chimes in.

From my perspective, either plan would have worked. But from the town's, yes, I pointed out the Angel one.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:25:53 AM
At 5/22/2014 1:22:05 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Thank you! It was actually Niqash who convinced me. In DP3, he said he'd guarded XLAV NP2. But when I asked him why he didn't protect Lannan NP2, he said it was because he guarded Angel.
Really? Not me? Didn't my death confirmed Oro as PGO?
If Oro wasn't PGO then I would have survived and lead a lynch on him for lying.
If Oro was PGO then I would have died and the 2 deaths on NP3 should have confirmed him.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:29:02 AM
At 5/22/2014 1:25:53 AM, XLAV wrote:

If Oro was PGO then I would have died and the 2 deaths on NP3 should have confirmed him.

Let's say it was Niqash who made it certain. Remember, I pointed out that I thought your death had to be because of visiting the PGO. With you dead, I was mostly sure it was Niqash but not entirely.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:30:18 AM
At 5/22/2014 1:18:56 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 5/22/2014 1:00:29 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I didn't want to CC you unless I knew for a fact you were mafia. I also thought with them thinking I'm dreamer and you fake claiming bomb, killing me would seem safer, and if anyone other than you killed me, it would out you as mafia and I'd get 2 kills for the price of one.

Well, I'm glad you stuck out on that one. Otherwise we'd have been in a really bad position. You must have known I was hunter even before then.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:33:33 AM
At 5/22/2014 1:30:26 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 5/22/2014 1:09:48 AM, XLAV wrote:
I guess Khaos provided the fake claims.
Fix'd.

Did Khaos provide the fake claims?

If he didn't, I'll never play mafia again.

Well, that's not true. I'll just be really surprised.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 1:38:54 AM
At 5/22/2014 1:29:02 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/22/2014 1:25:53 AM, XLAV wrote:

Let's say it was Niqash who made it certain. Remember, I pointed out that I thought your death had to be because of visiting the PGO. With you dead, I was mostly sure it was Niqash but not entirely.

I figured you were town after I finally decided to tracked you on NP2. So the people left in the scum pile were Niqash and Oro. I could have tracked Niqash on NP3 since I was more suspicious of him but you and Angel thought I was scum so I guessed I wouldn't be succesful on leading a lynch on him. I decided to confirm Oro by visiting him and die to save town from a possible mislynch.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 6:54:39 AM

That's actually false. I said I protected XLAV in Np2. You asked me in DP4 why I didn't protect Lannan, which is why I said I protected Angel in NP3.