Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Watch Dogs (Personal Review/No Spoilers!)

HeavyReader
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 9:40:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Okay, so this morning before I hit the books I got to hit the laptop for two hours and get a taste of what Watch Dogs has to offer to me. Let's start!

I really like the whole hacking into everyone's personal life aspect. You get to know about every single thing around you as long as you have control over the ctOS system in place. With this ability the best parts of it is unlocking things such as cars, music, bank information, and vigilante missions. A little side piece is being able to look into people's lives a little more than just the little profiler bar but it doesn't benefit you in any way (Still pretty cool Tongue). The characters that I have come across so far at the moment like Jordi Chin (Comedic Relief), Pierce's sister and nephew, badboy (I believe this is a neutral character between friend and foe), and a few baddies were really developed in their character. As said by many people the ctOS security agents protecting ctOS sites are also known to have criminal records. The records can range from goofy to completely insane things. Going onto movement. Aiden Pierce, your protagonist, on foot shows great mechanics and interactivity with the objects around him. I've played with a few of the vehicles and I believe personally that the turning on some of the vehicles is either too far or too short. For example, some sports cars I've played with when going at full throttle speed turn on a dime which was completely unexpected for me (I don't know how cars work at high speeds but I think it'd be a little difficult to turn that easily going at a high speed Confused). Vigilante missions I have noticed that you can't always go into stealth mode which makes it really difficult to complete the mission you are trying to complete. I've had one time where I was detected from across a brick wall. The npc's other than the general characters have really interesting information and I haven't seen repeats in the information on them yet but I have seen repeats on the npc's (only a small amount). The skill tree I'd have to say at the small glance I got at it is pretty cool. I'm not sure if it is balanced equally or not because saying this again I only got a small glance at it but I believe it gives the player a challenge to get better at the game and to progress in their own way.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 4:40:17 AM
At 5/27/2014 9:40:03 AM, HeavyReader wrote:
Okay, so this morning before I hit the books I got to hit the laptop for two hours and get a taste of what Watch Dogs has to offer to me. Let's start!

I really like the whole hacking into everyone's personal life aspect. You get to know about every single thing around you as long as you have control over the ctOS system in place. With this ability the best parts of it is unlocking things such as cars, music, bank information, and vigilante missions. A little side piece is being able to look into people's lives a little more than just the little profiler bar but it doesn't benefit you in any way (Still pretty cool Tongue). The characters that I have come across so far at the moment like Jordi Chin (Comedic Relief), Pierce's sister and nephew, badboy (I believe this is a neutral character between friend and foe), and a few baddies were really developed in their character. As said by many people the ctOS security agents protecting ctOS sites are also known to have criminal records. The records can range from goofy to completely insane things. Going onto movement. Aiden Pierce, your protagonist, on foot shows great mechanics and interactivity with the objects around him. I've played with a few of the vehicles and I believe personally that the turning on some of the vehicles is either too far or too short. For example, some sports cars I've played with when going at full throttle speed turn on a dime which was completely unexpected for me (I don't know how cars work at high speeds but I think it'd be a little difficult to turn that easily going at a high speed Confused). Vigilante missions I have noticed that you can't always go into stealth mode which makes it really difficult to complete the mission you are trying to complete. I've had one time where I was detected from across a brick wall. The npc's other than the general characters have really interesting information and I haven't seen repeats in the information on them yet but I have seen repeats on the npc's (only a small amount). The skill tree I'd have to say at the small glance I got at it is pretty cool. I'm not sure if it is balanced equally or not because saying this again I only got a small glance at it but I believe it gives the player a challenge to get better at the game and to progress in their own way.

Thanks for the review. Still having a tough time deciding whether to get this or wolfenstein. they both seem great...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 8:44:22 AM

Wait, what laptop did you use? And what are its system. Ghz and ram? I am trying to find a way to play this game on my own asus laptop
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
WheezySquash8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 5:16:40 AM

Thanks. Probably going to get it eventually.
Pacifist Since 3/12/14
Wheezy
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 1:44:03 AM
I beat this game the day I bought it, I loved it! it has so many plot twists, and the story is great! So now as we speak I will play and beat murdered soul suspect.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me