Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Razer Mamba VS Logitech Protheus

TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 1:58:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I am looking at getting a new gaming mouse, and can't decide between Razer or Logitech.

I would like to get some feedback though. I was thinking of originally getting a Rat 9, but just because it's from mad cats, I've ruled it out.

Now I want to get the mamba from razer, or the protheus from logitech, after looking at all the specs between the two products. I have tested both of them out. I love the feel, the button size and placement, the weight, the DPI, multiple settings, and the scroll locking of the G520 (protheus). I also love the mamba's size, textures, customization options, LED's, and arch. It's such a hard decision.

I know many people say that the only point in getting razer is to say you have the brand, but I have from experience seen that they are great pieces of hardware. But most of my favorite gamers like GassyMexican, Seananners, etc all use logitech. Any personal reviews?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 4:18:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Razer mouses are ideal for gaming. I don't know anything about logitech though. I can comfortably say that if you do choose Razer, you will end up with an excellent mouse. Though their exorbitant prices are a bit of a negative.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 4:33:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 4:18:32 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Razer mouses are ideal for gaming. I don't know anything about logitech though. I can comfortably say that if you do choose Razer, you will end up with an excellent mouse. Though their exorbitant prices are a bit of a negative.

I actually decided to go with both of them lol.

I am going to play with razer mamba today. I will play with the Proteus Core tomorrow. I'll keep the one I like more, and give my buddy the other.

Pretty excited to see if my prop hunt skillz will be amplified with a better mouse.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 4:34:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 4:33:35 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 4:18:32 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Razer mouses are ideal for gaming. I don't know anything about logitech though. I can comfortably say that if you do choose Razer, you will end up with an excellent mouse. Though their exorbitant prices are a bit of a negative.

I actually decided to go with both of them lol.

I am going to play with razer mamba today. I will play with the Proteus Core tomorrow. I'll keep the one I like more, and give my buddy the other.

Pretty excited to see if my prop hunt skillz will be amplified with a better mouse.

neat, tell us which mouse you end up going with, I'm interested.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 4:36:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 4:34:46 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 5/28/2014 4:33:35 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 4:18:32 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Razer mouses are ideal for gaming. I don't know anything about logitech though. I can comfortably say that if you do choose Razer, you will end up with an excellent mouse. Though their exorbitant prices are a bit of a negative.

I actually decided to go with both of them lol.

I am going to play with razer mamba today. I will play with the Proteus Core tomorrow. I'll keep the one I like more, and give my buddy the other.

Pretty excited to see if my prop hunt skillz will be amplified with a better mouse.

neat, tell us which mouse you end up going with, I'm interested.

Will do. Can't wait!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 5:16:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think the Mamba is much more comfortable for the hand, especially if you're playing a game for hours. You really should just go with whatever feels best for your hand. The Logitech might give you an edge competitively because it has 12,000 DPI. But unless you're playing an FPS at a top level, 6000 DPI is more than enough. I personally keep my DPI setting at 2000. I can't imagine playing with 12,000. Seems ridiculous.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 5:20:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 5:16:40 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I think the Mamba is much more comfortable for the hand, especially if you're playing a game for hours. You really should just go with whatever feels best for your hand. The Logitech might give you an edge competitively because it has 12,000 DPI. But unless you're playing an FPS at a top level, 6000 DPI is more than enough. I personally keep my DPI setting at 2000. I can't imagine playing with 12,000. Seems ridiculous.

Yeah that is WAY more than anyone would ever need lol.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2014 2:39:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So after playing with both of them, I conclude that the logitech Protheus is an insanely good investment.

Proteus Points:

1. It has amazing reviews, great life sustainability, amazing ratings on all fronts.

2. 11 buttons as compated the the mambas 7. The difference is however how easy to use the buttons are. The proteus core's buttons are in perfect reach, and aren't overly sensitive. With the mamba I actually had to adjust my hand to use the side buttons, regardless of my big hands (which is what the mamba is supposed to be designed for). However the proteus button placement is PERFECT, no matter what size of hand. Mamba has two buttons that are really close to the left click, which makes programming them almost useless on shooters, as I have found I keep acidentally hitting the left click wasting precious ammo and health on prop hunt.

3. Scroll locking. The scroll locking button is amazing, if you have a game that needs fast scrolling. The scroll also can be programmed as movement (WHICH IS FREAKING AMAZING) as in you leanthe wheel left or right and your player moves. Mamba doesn't have that.

4. Weight change: Comes with multiple weights to switch to your prefered weight. Mamba doesn't have it.

5. Sensitivy settings. The sensitivity settings are great. While I can't imagine using the full 12000 DPI, the fact that you can easily switch settings by pressing a button (boom sniped headshot, switch, run back around the map) in game is incredible! The mamba has different profiles, but you actually need to go to your desktop each time to change them. It is true that the mamba has buttons to change your sensitivity up or down, but if you use them for that function it eliminates to macros you could have programmed to that button, essentially giving you only two to really use :( Not to mention, once again, how inconvienently close those buttons are to the left click.

6. Price. Logitech told this mouse @ 100$ in it's release in april, while the Mamba is @ 130$. Name brand, methinks.

Now these are what make the proteus pretty amazing, but the mamba did have a couple good things about it.

Mamba Points:

1. Wireless mode. I love wireless, as I can hook it up to my 50 inch and use my wireless key board to play it with. Though it technically still attaches a wire to your computer (which is kind of obnoxious), you can still leave your computer and play from afar. Proteus is wired. With the specs it has though, I cannot possibly imagine it having the ability to be wireless though in my dream world, it would be nice.

2. Custom LED. I love this part, especially because it matches so well with my laptop. Same smooth black texture, and the colors go with it perfectly. Same lighting fixtures.

In conclusion, I am keeping the mamba because I need wireless, and I also love the fact that it matches my laptop. I am giving the proteus to my friend for his birthday, but am going to be borrowing it alot when I want to play competitively.

Lesson I learned is, while it is nice to say you have a name brand, some time it is way more beneficial to check out the specs of other hardware.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 2:23:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/30/2014 5:55:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Interesting. Any noticeable difference in performance based on DPI?

I probably won't use anything over 3000 ever, so it's hard to tell. But I haven't had any problems with either. I'd have to say the ability to quickly switch between DPI modes in game makes the proteus pretty kill though.

So far I think the only reason to buy a razer product is to say you have a razer product. Idk though, the ouroboros looks pretty cool, and the mamba is a couple years old now.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227