Jump to topic:

Mafia MLP: Friendship is Tragic, END GAME

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 12:54:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So the story is not completely done, but I have been completely strapped for time for working on it, so I'm giving part of it now and will give the rest when done.

Magic and Hoofy walked over and looked at the twisting and constricting pile that entombed Angel.

"Is he" dead?" Hoofy asked.

Magic gave a light kick to pile. "Looks like it, Hoofy."

"So, what are we gonna do now?"

"Now," Magic said, as her horn began to glow as Angel"s amulet was teleported out from within the mass, "we do things my way. You can still take control of our trump card, right?"

"You mean?"

"Yes" tonight, we finish with one final assault. Go get what you need and meet me in Sweet Apple Acres just after sundown. I have something I need to take care of."

Luna, Spitfire, Soarin, and Rainbow Dash searched the area in Sweet Apple Acres where Spitfire saw the tunnel earlier. They had only been out there for a few minutes when Magic appeared from out behind a tree in clear sight for all to see. It seemed like she wasn"t even trying to hide herself.

"There! Down there," called out Rainbow Dash. Dash began a frontal assault on Magic, but just as she reached her, Magic focused her magic and Dash was teleported all the way back to Ponyville. She blinked in confusion a few times. Soarin and Spitfire were teleported just moments later, leaving Luna by herself.

"Luna," Magic said calmly, "don"t worry, the others are safe. I have no intention on killing you right now. I want to give you a chance."

Magic released a spell that was making her appear as a generic unicorn pony, revealing her to be Sunset Shimmer. "Sunset?!" Luna shouted in confusion, "I thought you were trapped in that other world?"

"Oh, there are plenty of worlds between that one and this one," She said, "and it didn"t take too long to find a path that ultimately led back here. However, that is not really that important. Right now, I just want to talk."

Luna came down and landed just 20 feet or so in front of Sunset. She knew that in a head to head battle she couldn"t win, so there was no option but to talk.

"Believe it or not, I harbor no ill will against you or your sister. Though I did need her out of our way, and still would prefer you out of the way." Sunset causally walked around and used her magic to pluck an apple from a tree. She took small bites as she continued to talk. "My only target is Twilight. The same goes for my companion. She, too, only cares about Twilight."

"And the third?" Luna asked, "what about the Pegasus?"

"Well, he did hate all of the ponies here in Ponyville, but he is dead now. Ultimately consumed by his own foolishness. He did manage to kill Discord before being killed himself. But since he is no longer a factor, we only want Twilight."

"Discord" is dead?"

"Well, not exactly," Sunset continued, "he"s been turned to stone and will shortly be completely buried 100 feet below the orchard. Not exactly "dead" but close enough. Regardless, we know that Princess Celestia survived the attack, though I doubt she will ever be able to fully return to her duties. That"s where you come in. This is where you step up to take the thrown, for the good of your subjects."

Sunset paused for a moment and looked up. Canterlot castle could be seen on the mountain from where they were. "We both know that in an all-out battle, neither side has a guaranteed victory. I won"t lie with that. However, you do know that the cost would be tremendous for you, even if you did manage to emerge victorious. With four princesses all congregated here and one already on death"s doorsteps, do you really think that you can make it out with all four? All I ask is to think of the greater good for your subjects and go back to them."

"That may sound like quite an offer, and a reasonable train of thought," Luna said, "however I see no way to trust that you won"t come for my sister and I once we are all divided up. The way I see it now, our odds may not be too great, but they are far greater together than individually."

"I suspected that you would have that fear," Sunset assured, "why not take this as a gift. As a" insurance, that we won"t be able to attack you." Sunset drew out the Angel"s amulet from behind the tree that she had also emerged from.

"Is that the" Alicorn Amulet?" Luna asked.

"Quite," Sunset replied, "We each have one. It seems that many of the other worlds that I passed through to get back here each had their own version of it. It was actually rather nice, since the corruption effect that the Alicorn Amulet normally has only seems to affect beings of the same world as the amulet. So we get all the power without the side effects."

Sunset could see that Luna was playing with the idea in her head. "Here, take it as a gesture of good will. And please think of what is best for you and your sister, as well as your kingdom. One little bookworm is not worth the destruction of everything. Just let go."

Sunset began to trot east, towards the Everfree Forest. "We"ll be attacking tonight, so you"ll want to make up your mind quickly."

Luna just stood there as Sunset left. She looked up to the bright skies as she thought about all the potential variables and outcomes. Her slow flight back to Ponyville gave her a lot of time to think, while the amulet hung around her neck.

Sunset entered the Everfree Forest and saw Hoofy waiting there for her. "Magic," Hoofy began, "are you sure about this?"

"Yes, Hoofy," Sunset said, looking back over her shoulder at the little black dot in the bright afternoon skies. "Our amulets may be from other worlds, but Angel"s was the one from this world. Even if she isn"t open to the option now, that amulet will corrupt her long before nightfall. Hell, she might even help us out."

Luna arrived back at the library. Only Princess Cadence and Nurse Redheart were in there with Princess Celestia.

"Luna," Cadence said, "what are you doing back here? And" what is that you are wearing?"

Luna"s eyes were dilated and her irises had turned a blood shade of red. "I need to make sure my sister is okay," she said in a strange, monotone voice, "Equestria needs her." She began walking towards Celestia without so much as looking at Cadence or Redheart.

Cadence stepped between Luna and Celestia and repeated in a more assertive voice, "What is that you are wearing?" Gesturing to the Alicorn Amulet.

"YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT!" Luna shouted out. In a flash, she fired a black energy blast from her horn at Cadence. Cadence, with only a moment to spare, was able to get up a protective barrier around her.

"Luna!" She yelled, "Get ahold of yourself!"

Luna only responded with a more powerful blast. It completely shattered the barrier, however Cadence was able to avoid injury, but she would not be so fortunate at another.

"Redheart," she said, "get out of here and find Twilight. I"ll protect Celestia. With that, Redheart jumped out the window and was off.

Luna began to laugh manically as she used her magic to flood the room in darkness. Cadence, not knowing from where the attack would come, began charging up her most powerful defensive spell.

"This ends now!" Luna howled in a strangely familiar echoey voice. The blast struck Cadence front and center. Her shield was obliterated and shock sent her ricocheting off the wall. Cadence was still conscious; however she could barely move, let alone get up and continue fighting.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 12:54:18 AM
With victory in hand, the darkness that had engulfed the building faded almost as quickly as it had come. Where Luna once was, she was no more. In her place stood Nightmare Moon, in control once again.

"Come sister," said Nightmare Moon, "we have an empire to rule." With her magic she lifted her still sleeping sister and they took off towards Canterlot.

Nurse Redheart had returned with Twilight just in time to see them leave in the distance. Twilight was about to go after them when she heard Cadence calling for help from within the library. Twilight and Redheart raced inside to find Cadence. Several bones in her legs and upper back were broken. Twilight used her magic to help soothe the pain. Once the pain was gone and Cadence could focus on her own, she was able to use her own magic to put her own bones back in place and keep the pain away.

"How can this possibly get any worse?" Twilight muttered out loud.

Suddenly, the sky grew dark. It was still at least five hours until sunset, but the stars slowly came out twinkling and a large crescent moon punctuated the sky.

"Why the hell would you ask that?!" snapped Nurse Redheart as she smacked Twilight over the head.

Large thundering footsteps could be heard quaking towards the town. "Twilight Sparkle!" A familiar voice called out, "Show yourself, Twilight!"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 1:02:21 AM
Winners: TOWN

Losers: Mafia and 3rd Party

Roles - Mafia:

Khaos_Mage - You are Angel Bunny. Mafia Godfather. You (and only you) may substitute the mafia NK with a "poison." A poisoned player will die the next NP (poison cannot be blocked, while a NK can). If you choose to use the poison, you have to be the one to carry it out. Otherwise, anyone (of your choice) can carry out the NK. In the OP storyline, you are Wingy.

Scots - You are Trixie, the Great and Powerful. You are the Mafia Roleblocker. As the name implies, you may block the use of a role in the NP. In the OP storyline, you are Hoofy.

XLAV - You are Sunset Shimmer. You are the Mafia Busdriver. You choose two targets, A and B, and they get swapped. So any action that normally targets A, instead hits B (and vise versa). In the storyline, you are Magic.

3rd Party:

Bladerunner - You are Discord - 3rd party survivor JOAT. Your JOAT powers are (all one-shots), Bus Drive, Character Change [permanent until you die, player is told], Role Swaps [Permanent until you die, can target the dead, players are told].

Town:

Endarkened - You are Fluttershy. You are the Role Director. You can force any player to target any other player. You do not get any results. If you target a player that has no ability or a passive ability, they will only "visit" the player you make them target. You are town.

Cin - You are Mare Do Well. You are the Jack of all Trades (JOAT). Your have 4 different 1-shot abilities. They are, Cop, Tracker, Watcher, and Doctor. You win with the Town.

Pots - You are the Cutie Mark Crusaders. You are vanilla and town.

Lannan - You are Shining Armor. You are the Body Guard. If the person you protect is targeted for a night kill, you die in their place. You also kill the attacker (so there is a PGO mixed in with it). You may not protect yourself to turn yourself into a modified PGO. You win with Town.

Esocial - You are Zecora. You are the Voyeur and one-shot Sensor. Each night, you may either use your Voyeur power (It tells you all night actions that occur to your target, but not who did them) or your one-shot Sensor (of the lynch that happened the previous DP, it will tell you how many are scum. Please be aware that roles that influence scum, like GF or Miller will influence of this power). Once you use the Sensor power, you lose your Voyeur power and basically become a vanilla. You are a member of the town.

Smith - You are Spike. You are the Messager. Each night, you may send a single message that says whatever you want (give it to me, and I'll send it, or course. Do not send it on your own). The person you send it to will get to send a single message response. Each night, you may choose a new person. YWWTT.

Romanii - You are Pinkie Pie. Character Cop. Each night, you may investigate a player and find out what character they are. You win with the town.

TV - You are Macintosh. You are a Town Vanilla.

**I have to make a correction that strikes at least 4 brony points from me.

Your character is not "Macintosh," It is "Big McIntosh."** http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 1:10:36 AM
All actions

NP1
Blade - swapped the roles of Khaos and Pots

Scots - RB'd Social
XLAV - Bus'd Scots and TV
Khaos - Poison Blade (that is why there was no NP1 night kill)

Romanii - Character investigate Blade
Endarkened - Force Scots to visit Pots (ended up forcing TV to visit Pots because of the Bus)
Smith - Sent message to Khaos
Cin - Doctor Pots
Pots - Just sit back and be cute
Esocial - Voyeur Cin (was RB'd)
TV - just sit back and show of swag (was forced by Endarkend to visit TV)
Lannan - Guard Smith

NP2

Blade - Bus himself and Lannan (died from poison on NP1)

Scots - RB'd Romanii, did the NK on Endarkened
XLAV - Bus'd Blade and Pots (ended up busing Lannan and Pots, because Blade got his bus in first)
Khaos - was lynched

Romanii - Character investigate Scots (was RB'd)
Endarkened - Force Cin to target XLAV
Smith - Sent message to TV
Cin - Cop XLAV (targeted XLAV and was forced to target XLAV)
Pots - Just sit back and be cute, but also poisoned Scots for good measure (Blade died at end of NP, so Pots still had the role to use for this NP).
Esocial - Voyeur Scots
TV - just sit back and show of swag
Lannan - Guard Esocial
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 1:21:08 AM
mod notes:

First and foremost was Esocial's reads on DP1, where she picked out all three mafia as her top three picks (not just she picked out 6 people and they were in them, they were her top 3). The only thing I think was short on this for her was her inability to convey those reads to everyone else. It is one thing to find someone scummy, it is the next thing to show the rest of town why they are scummy. But still, for a newb, that is damn good.

There was some intentional misdirection with roles. I've always been super against people analyzing how role PMs are worded to try to confirm town. I believe that is outside the heart of the game. As such, I intentionally gave people different win condition wordage. Some were "you are town" some were "you win with the town," I think one was actually "YWWTT."

The info given to mafia was as follows.

"Only 2 of the Mane Six are in the game (there is a third, but she is scheduled to die in one of the OPs, so don't fake claim her, lol).

The following is a list of characters that are scheduled to die in the OPs. So don't fake claim any of them.

Iron Will
Rarity
Granny Smith
Babs Seed
Spitfire
Soarin
Celestia (she dies only in the End Game OP, so you can claim her if you want)."

I did give the dead list to Blade, which in hind sight, I wish I didn't. I also told them,

"Also, there is a 3rd party. While they are not part of the mafia, their existence counts towards the mafia balance. Such that if there are 2 mafia, 1 TP, and 3 town left, that is game over Mafia and TP win. This is also being explained to the TP."

I was anticipating that the TP would be pro-mafia, since their role was very much designed to mess with the game and that they were automatically counted towards to mafia count. However, Blade gave that whole notion the middle finger.

http://www.gameinformer.com...

The town was designed to have some concerning claims. Mare Do Well and Cutie Mark Crusaders were designed to sound scummy (MDW only in a single episode, while the CMC were vanilla, and of course, both were not single characters). Though I made two of them, because I think one character that far off would be too scummy. Two makes it more questionable. Fluttershy was also designed to have a scummy role (based on her stare powers), which would, in turn, cast doubt on any claims of the Mane Six (which would have had some fake claims in it, along with Pinkie Pie).
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 1:26:24 AM
There was no actual cop role, but there was the single cop feature in the JOAT and the 1x Sensor, both would have been fooled by the GF. Trixie, for mafia (had they been more familiar with the story) might have been able to get away with a miller claim, though there is apparently a "lynch millers" SOP for many players.

I think the two biggest hits against the mafia were how they defended Scots in DP1, that really tied them to him (and since this was an investigative heavy town, that can be problematic). Also, with Pinkie outing early in DP1, that let the mafia know that of the last 4 Mane Six, only 1 was in the game (FYI, look at my Avatar). So they could have easily fake claimed early on, and potentially thrown Scots under a bus by having him claim first, if no one CC's him, you know it is safe for one other mafia to CC him and get some town credit (a gambit, but a pretty safe one, IMO). However, I believe that XLAV and Khaos were the very last two to claim.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 1:31:25 AM
FYI, I'm also gonna put all the story into a single document on google docs, since C/P from word into DDO messes with the formats by turning ' into " and ... into " and many other things into " it just gets annoying.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 3:19:38 AM
At 6/4/2014 1:21:08 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I did give the dead list to Blade, which in hind sight, I wish I didn't. I also told them,

"Also, there is a 3rd party. While they are not part of the mafia, their existence counts towards the mafia balance. Such that if there are 2 mafia, 1 TP, and 3 town left, that is game over Mafia and TP win. This is also being explained to the TP."

I was anticipating that the TP would be pro-mafia, since their role was very much designed to mess with the game and that they were automatically counted towards to mafia count. However, Blade gave that whole notion the middle finger.
Blade, even if you co-win with other factions, its still a bad idea to claim TP, lol.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 4:54:16 AM
At 6/4/2014 2:41:06 AM, Smithereens wrote:
@ Esocial, Well done on those accurate reads

@ TV. Dam, I was hoping you'd be scum. ;)

This is exactly why I play the way I do. Next time you think I'm scummy, think again. You could be wrong. ;D

I admit, not reading the first day phase really isn't professional and I apologise. The next game I'm in, I promise to read the first day phase in its entirety as I'm getting better at remembering to check my phone every couple of hours for updates and posting during the day.

@MOD: What did you think of my claims that you confirmed me in the DP2 story?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 7:16:34 AM
At 6/4/2014 2:38:39 AM, Smithereens wrote:
GG, thank you all for the excellent game. @ Khaos, what was it that was so necessary to explain?

You never should have lynched me. It was the dumbest move town could have made.
If you believed Pots' claim, then you all KNEW I had no role, so, why keep a mafia role alive in Scots?

Further, again, why poison Scots? You knew he was scum, and should be lynched.
By poisoning him, you gave a known mafia role an extra NP to act.
Pots should have poisoned TP, or searched for remaining mafia.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 7:39:18 AM
At 6/4/2014 3:14:33 AM, XLAV wrote:
Everything was Khaos' fault!

It's easy to blame the only guy who has a plan...
I asked for advice about that message, and what did you say? Oh, yeah, nothing!

You need to read. Period.
Read the DP. Read the PM.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 7:46:36 AM
At 6/4/2014 7:16:34 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
GG, thank you all for the excellent game. @ Khaos, what was it that was so necessary to explain?

If you believed Pots' claim, then you all KNEW I had no role, so, why keep a mafia role alive in Scots?

win is a win. ;)
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 7:50:51 AM
At 6/4/2014 4:54:16 AM, tvellalott wrote:

@ TV. Dam, I was hoping you'd be scum. ;)

This is exactly why I play the way I do. Next time you think I'm scummy, think again. You could be wrong. ;D

I admit, not reading the first day phase really isn't professional and I apologise. The next game I'm in, I promise to read the first day phase in its entirety as I'm getting better at remembering to check my phone every couple of hours for updates and posting during the day.

@MOD: What did you think of my claims that you confirmed me in the DP2 story?

Given that there were 16 non-scum characters in the first story on DP2, despite only 8 town, I don't think it would have been strong going deep into the game. Especially with Applejack having a significant part despite no role and Pinkie Pie having no part but being in the game (lets also not forget Spike), it could be problematic. But I think it worked for DP2.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 8:23:42 AM
At 6/4/2014 7:46:36 AM, Smithereens wrote:

win is a win. ;)

True, it is a win, but it could have been worse.
Had XLAV bus driven himself, he may have survived.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:02:47 AM
At 6/4/2014 7:39:18 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I'm still confused as to why you were laughing...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:03:11 AM
At 6/4/2014 3:14:33 AM, XLAV wrote:
Everything was Khaos' fault!

How?
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:03:51 AM
^.^ Thanks!
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:04:30 AM
At 6/4/2014 8:23:42 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/4/2014 7:46:36 AM, Smithereens wrote:

win is a win. ;)

True, it is a win, but it could have been worse.
Had XLAV bus driven himself, he may have survived.

Yeah, I wasn't sure why the bus was not targeting one of the mafia that night. Bus is one of my favorite mafia roles, because it an do so much, from framing to role blocking.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:04:42 AM
): ... I never got to use my sensor...Boo...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:09:44 AM
At 6/4/2014 9:05:34 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Also, were there any newbs other than Cin, Esocial, and Scots?

romanii
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:14:06 AM
At 6/4/2014 1:10:36 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Pots - Just sit back and be cute

Pots - Just sit back and be cute, but also poisoned Scots for good measure (Blade died at end of NP, so Pots still had the role to use for this NP).
TV - just sit back and show of swag

Lol. Just saw these. XD
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:17:22 AM
Is there something you aren't telling us Ore?

--

And thanks for modding the game! It was lots of fun!

--

If you guys don't know yet, I was playing up the noobness a lot to get you guys to townread me.

@Endark/Pots, you were right. It was 'weird' of me to not know that mafia could lynch at night... because I did know. XD
@romanii and pots, you guys should've figured that out because I played live mafia with you already.

--

@lannan, thanks for guarding me!
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:23:25 AM

Because Pots was probably going to die the next night.

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 9:33:05 AM
At 6/4/2014 3:19:38 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 6/4/2014 1:21:08 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Blade, even if you co-win with other factions, its still a bad idea to claim TP, lol.

Yeah. I just hadn't claimed miller DP1, and I knew I'd investigate guilty, so I figured "f*** it".

I did co-win, though.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!