Jump to topic:

DDO Dungeons and Dragons

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 8:14:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Alright everybody, it' time for DDO Dungeons and Dragons. We will playing DnD Next off the playtest (rules can be found here http://www.elliotnegelev.com...)

I will be the dungeon master.

Due to the nature of the game, I can only take a few players. Please list your name and desired class in the sign-up sheet below. For the sake of balance, I will not allow more than one player to have the same class as another player. If, after the sign-ups are completed, someone who is signed up has not sent me their completed character sheets and a little backstory within 3 days, their spot will be forfeited to someone on the wait list, and they will have two days to complete their character sheet and backstory.

Sign-up list:

Wait-list:
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 12:11:55 PM
At 6/4/2014 8:14:54 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Alright everybody, it' time for DDO Dungeons and Dragons. We will playing DnD Next off the playtest (rules can be found here http://www.elliotnegelev.com...)

Due to the nature of the game, I can only take a few players. Please list your name and desired class in the sign-up sheet below. For the sake of balance, I will not allow more than one player to have the same class as another player. If, after the sign-ups are completed, someone who is signed up has not sent me their completed character sheets and a little backstory within 3 days, their spot will be forfeited to someone on the wait list, and they will have two days to complete their character sheet and backstory.

Sign-up list:
1.PotBelliedGeek (Ranger, if available. If not, mage.)

I've never played D&D before, so bear with me. I will read up and have the character sheet and backstory to you within 48 hours.

Wait-list:
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 3:14:49 PM
At 6/4/2014 12:11:55 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)

Wait-list:
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 3:46:24 PM
At 6/4/2014 3:14:49 PM, Oryus wrote:

Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)
3. cyberton1998 (Paladin)

Wait-list:

is this something like what TDK did awhile back
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 3:52:18 PM
At 6/4/2014 3:46:24 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)

Wait-list:

is this something like what TDK did awhile back

nvm i don't have the time to deal with understanding this
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 4:04:14 PM

Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)

Wait-list:

Yesssssssss
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 4:25:06 PM
At 6/4/2014 4:04:14 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:

Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)

Wait-list:

Yesssssssss

^_^

I figured if you can't be in my campaign, I'll be in yours!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 5:38:26 PM

Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)
3. Mikal Half- Elf (thief/assassin) depending on what tier were in

Wait-list:

Yesssssssss
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 11:47:32 PM
So how are you translating it online?

Forum-stylee? Live? Staggered? Sup?
:
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 12:16:28 AM
At 6/4/2014 11:47:32 PM, Oryus wrote:

Unless everybody is down for live, I was planning on doing it in the forums.

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 12:20:21 AM
At 6/5/2014 12:16:28 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:

Yeah, so how does that work?
:
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 12:30:40 AM
At 6/5/2014 12:20:21 AM, Oryus wrote:

I describe situations, the players go nuts, tag me in posts when I'm needed for something (a check, or when they walk up to a npc, etc.), for combat, we post in order of initiative, etc. I'm tempted towards the possibility of doing it on a shared google doc, but I fear potential abuse.

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 12:50:47 AM
At 6/5/2014 12:30:40 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 6/5/2014 12:20:21 AM, Oryus wrote:

I describe situations, the players go nuts, tag me in posts when I'm needed for something (a check, or when they walk up to a npc, etc.), for combat, we post in order of initiative, etc. I'm tempted towards the possibility of doing it on a shared google doc, but I fear potential abuse.

hmmm ok

So you're doing all the rolls?
What if someone is inactive?
Any interest in using this site? https://app.roll20.net...
:
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 1:46:27 AM

Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)
4. Bladerunner060 (Rogue) (It's been the better part of a decade since I've actually played D&D...)

Wait-list:
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 1:51:13 AM
At 6/5/2014 1:46:27 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)
4. Bladerunner060 (Rogue) (It's been the better part of a decade since I've actually played D&D...)

Wait-list:

psst- I'm guessing Mikal meant "rogue"

Robert is going with version 4 of d&d which is a little different than 3 or 3.5 (I'm familiar with 3.5). You ought to check out the thing he posted. I've been skimming over it and already see quite a few differences from the older kinds.
:
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 2:03:00 AM
At 6/5/2014 1:51:13 AM, Oryus wrote:

Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)

Wait-list:

Good point. Dur.

Mage, then, since Pots chose Ranger?

Robert is going with version 4 of d&d which is a little different than 3 or 3.5 (I'm familiar with 3.5). You ought to check out the thing he posted. I've been skimming over it and already see quite a few differences from the older kinds.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 2:06:55 AM
At 6/5/2014 2:03:00 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)

Wait-list:

Good point. Dur.

Being a mage would be cool.

Also you guys ought to know I'm not bent on being a bard or anything. I might still change it depending on what would be better for the group. And if someone wants to be a bard instead, just say so. No big deal.
:
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 11:03:12 AM

Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)
5. cybertron1998 (paladin)

Wait-list:

Good point. Dur.

ok i am going to have to try this but robert bear with me because the only dnd close game i've done was TDK's that he had a while bakc
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 4:30:09 PM
Sign-up list:
1.PotBelliedGeek (Ranger)
2. Oryus (Bard)
3. Mikal Half- Elf (Rogue)
4. Bladerunner060 (Mage)

Wait-list:
:
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 4:53:15 PM
At 6/5/2014 4:30:09 PM, Oryus wrote:
Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)
4. Bladerunner060 (Mage)

Wait-list:

I welcome you ex of airmax, to the realm of moridirea. May we die with honor
Idiotbrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 5:40:02 PM
At 6/5/2014 4:53:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)
4. Bladerunner060 (Mage)

Wait-list:
1. Idiotbrain (IDK-What; BeastWizardPoet -- that's a real class right? :-P )

A-howdy-do errrbody! My name is Idiotbrain, cuz my brain be the place where I do my best idiotizing (pretty sure that's synonymous with 'thinking')

Anyway, I'm new to this whole biz, but I'm vigorously reading up! Since it will take me nigh a fortnight to gain my footing, I will be contented if only to partake of a future session.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 5:57:17 PM
At 6/5/2014 5:40:02 PM, Idiotbrain wrote:
Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)
4. Bladerunner060 (Mage)

Wait-list:

A-howdy-do errrbody! My name is Idiotbrain, cuz my brain be the place where I do my best idiotizing (pretty sure that's synonymous with 'thinking')

Anyway, I'm new to this whole biz, but I'm vigorously reading up! Since it will take me nigh a fortnight to gain my footing, I will be contented if only to partake of a future session.

I believe you're thinking of the minotaur wizards of Magic:The Gathering. Boros the Reckoner, perhaps? Awesome, but incorrect nerd-dom, love.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 6:02:24 PM
Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)
4. Bladerunner060 (Mage)

Wait-list:

I welcome you ex of airmax, to the realm of moridirea. May we die with honor

Hahaha declaring one of my ex's as part of my title is a sure way to get on my good side.

Robert- I'm gonna go ahead and claim Chaotic Neutral.
:
Idiotbrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 6:09:53 PM
At 6/5/2014 5:57:17 PM, Oryus wrote:
Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)
4. Bladerunner060 (Mage)

Wait-list:

I believe you're thinking of the minotaur wizards of Magic:The Gathering. Boros the Reckoner, perhaps? Awesome, but incorrect nerd-dom, love.

Oh, interesting, but purely an unintentional coincidence.

Plus, I'm as of yet unconvinced that Boros the Reckoner is a skilled practitioner of the poetic arts of versification. If so, then color me minotaurish ;-)

(I will actually have to read up further to know what class I would want if/when my duties are needed)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 6:17:37 PM
At 6/5/2014 6:09:53 PM, Idiotbrain wrote:
At 6/5/2014 5:57:17 PM, Oryus wrote:
Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)
4. Bladerunner060 (Mage)

Wait-list:

Oh, interesting, but purely an unintentional coincidence.

Plus, I'm as of yet unconvinced that Boros the Reckoner is a skilled practitioner of the poetic arts of versification. If so, then color me minotaurish ;-)

(I will actually have to read up further to know what class I would want if/when my duties are needed)

Minotaurs are very eloquent.
:
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 11:00:26 AM

How are we generating initial ability scores, btw?
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 9:17:41 PM
At 6/9/2014 11:00:26 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Everything starts at 8, and then you have thirty points to put in place. Modifiers are minus ten divided by two.

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 11:29:05 PM
At 6/5/2014 11:03:12 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Sign-up list:
2. Oryus (Bard)

Wait-list:

Good point. Dur.

ok i am going to have to try this but robert bear with me because the only dnd close game i've done was TDK's that he had a while bakc

Are you sure?

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 4:38:50 PM
At 6/11/2014 9:17:41 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 6/9/2014 11:00:26 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Everything starts at 8, and then you have thirty points to put in place. Modifiers are minus ten divided by two.

Do you have a day you would like everyone to be ready by?
:
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 10:55:29 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will no longer be doing this game. For any people who still want to play, please contact Bladerunner, as he is DMing a game that meets frequently on google hangouts.