Total Posts:162|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 25.3: DP2

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:03:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Niqash - You are FAHRENHEIT 451. One of the most poorly written books I've ever had the displeasure of perusing, you explore the emptiness of your life, examining the role you play in a bookless society, and what role books could and have played in the world overall. Therefore, you are the ROLE COP. Each night you may select a player to learn their role, but not their affiliation. You win with the mafia.

DIED IN THE NIGHT


XLAV - You are JANE AUSTEN. Your books, with their cheeky sense of humor and infectious happy endings, always leave me feeling better. Therefore, you are the 2-shot FAITH HEALER. Each night you may target a player. If that player is not target by another faith healer, they are protected from NKs during that night phase. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

Cin
Wylted
Blade
Romanii
Pots
Oro
Endark
Lannan
Khaos

OTHER

Blade is replacing in for Mikal.

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 2:00pm, DDO time, 6/6/14.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:06:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hey Pots, I visited you last night.
How was tea?

I am the visitor.
Every night, I visit a player, and have tea with them. (That is all I do)

Kind of scummy, right?
My work here is, finally, done.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:11:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:09:01 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
So, if Pots verifies my role, he is town.
In the meantime, VTL Blade for character.

Is that all you do? Just visit? No other effect?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:12:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:11:01 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:09:01 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
So, if Pots verifies my role, he is town.
In the meantime, VTL Blade for character.

Is that all you do? Just visit? No other effect?

Yes.
The mod is supposed to tell you something about tea. Didn't he?
The mod did tell you something about my visit. I am certain he did.
My work here is, finally, done.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:12:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Blade (1/5) - Khaos
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:12:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VTL Lannan

We know he is scum based on the analysis yesterday and he was one of the few people not voting to lynch, Niqash.

If blade pussyfoots around claiming I'll willing to change my vote.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:15:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Blade (1/5) - Khaos
Lannan (1/5) - Wylted
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:16:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:12:26 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:11:01 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:09:01 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
So, if Pots verifies my role, he is town.
In the meantime, VTL Blade for character.

Is that all you do? Just visit? No other effect?

Yes.
The mod is supposed to tell you something about tea. Didn't he?
The mod did tell you something about my visit. I am certain he did.

Well this might help you. Either someone else visited me too, or you have a hidden flavor. I received information, but I will not state the nature of that information just yet.

I will, however, character claim now, for my own reasons that I will not discuss.

I am Law and Order.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:28:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:12:26 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:11:01 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:09:01 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
So, if Pots verifies my role, he is town.
In the meantime, VTL Blade for character.

Is that all you do? Just visit? No other effect?

Yes.
The mod is supposed to tell you something about tea. Didn't he?
The mod did tell you something about my visit. I am certain he did.

What kind of tea? If it is a specific flavor of tea you speak of, then say so, it is important.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:36:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:12:56 PM, Wylted wrote:
VTL Lannan

We know he is scum based on the analysis yesterday and he was one of the few people not voting to lynch, Niqash.

If blade pussyfoots around claiming I'll willing to change my vote.

What was lannans claim?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:37:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi guys!

Unlike some people, he said (in an oblique reference to another game) I recognize that being a replacement for someone who was inactive (because they needed to replace) means I'm inherently suspicious.

I'm Character claiming: Rachel Maddow. Which, incidentally, made me happy--I like Maddow a lot.

I made a claims list while reading the last DP. I would be more hesitant to put my parentheticals, but Pots called it as well in last DP, so clearly the scum are almost certainly aware of the likelihood of the theme, and town needs a good claims list...plus I had to take the whole DP in in one read anyway, so it was easy to make:

Wylted -- Are you Being Served (On Profile)
Bladerunner -- Rachel Maddow (On Profile)
Romanii -- Yoda (On Profile in quote)
Oro -- Poirot (French, written by Englishwoman, On Profile)
Lannan Sara B (Sara Bareilles, On Profile)
XLAV -- Jane Austen (On Profile)
Khaos -- Jessie J. (On profile...he called it as scummyish?)
Pots -- Law & Order (totally called this from last DP)
Niqash -- SCUM DEAD -- NOT ON PROFILE
Endark -- God Save the Queen (?)
Cin -- No claim?

Notes from reading that DP:

Pots--Almost definitely town.
Niqash voted Khaos--so Khaos possibly nonscum?
Wylted jumped on kafka niqash--Wylted possible nonscum?

I see three players who haven't claimed: Khaos, Cin, and Endark. I'm most suspicious of them and, at this point, I think the ones who are scum have obvious fake claims prepared. One scum is dead--Cin and Endark are my highest suspicions right now, if only because Niqash voted on Khaos.

The UK thing I don't think is relevant--although Maddow's thesis was "HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons".
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:41:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:37:05 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Hi guys!

Unlike some people, he said (in an oblique reference to another game) I recognize that being a replacement for someone who was inactive (because they needed to replace) means I'm inherently suspicious.

I'm Character claiming: Rachel Maddow. Which, incidentally, made me happy--I like Maddow a lot.

I made a claims list while reading the last DP. I would be more hesitant to put my parentheticals, but Pots called it as well in last DP, so clearly the scum are almost certainly aware of the likelihood of the theme, and town needs a good claims list...plus I had to take the whole DP in in one read anyway, so it was easy to make:

Wylted -- Are you Being Served (On Profile)
Bladerunner -- Rachel Maddow (On Profile)
Romanii -- Yoda (On Profile in quote)
Oro -- Poirot (French, written by Englishwoman, On Profile)
Lannan Sara B (Sara Bareilles, On Profile)
XLAV -- Jane Austen (On Profile)
Khaos -- Jessie J. (On profile...he called it as scummyish?)
Pots -- Law & Order (totally called this from last DP)
Niqash -- SCUM DEAD -- NOT ON PROFILE
Endark -- God Save the Queen (?)
Cin -- No claim?


Notes from reading that DP:

Pots--Almost definitely town.
Niqash voted Khaos--so Khaos possibly nonscum?
Wylted jumped on kafka niqash--Wylted possible nonscum?


I see three players who haven't claimed: Khaos, Cin, and Endark. I'm most suspicious of them and, at this point, I think the ones who are scum have obvious fake claims prepared. One scum is dead--Cin and Endark are my highest suspicions right now, if only because Niqash voted on Khaos.

And because Khaos has a profile claim, dur.


The UK thing I don't think is relevant--although Maddow's thesis was "HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons".
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:42:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:36:16 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

What was lannans claim?

I made a claims list.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:45:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:36:16 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:12:56 PM, Wylted wrote:
VTL Lannan

We know he is scum based on the analysis yesterday and he was one of the few people not voting to lynch, Niqash.

If blade pussyfoots around claiming I'll willing to change my vote.

What was lannans claim?

Blade mentioned it and it is on the profile.

I don't like anybody who isn't British right now, but I'm going to think for a minute.

Lannan what were you doing last night? Who did you visit?
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:50:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:45:07 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:36:16 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:12:56 PM, Wylted wrote:
VTL Lannan

We know he is scum based on the analysis yesterday and he was one of the few people not voting to lynch, Niqash.

If blade pussyfoots around claiming I'll willing to change my vote.

What was lannans claim?

Blade mentioned it and it is on the profile.


I don't like anybody who isn't British right now, but I'm going to think for a minute.

Lannan what were you doing last night? Who did you visit?

No to reference another game, but Lannan dropped out of Ail due to time constraints, so he might not really be participating in Beginners, either...or of course he could just be lurking.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:53:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:50:00 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:45:07 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:36:16 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:12:56 PM, Wylted wrote:
VTL Lannan

We know he is scum based on the analysis yesterday and he was one of the few people not voting to lynch, Niqash.

If blade pussyfoots around claiming I'll willing to change my vote.

What was lannans claim?

Blade mentioned it and it is on the profile.


I don't like anybody who isn't British right now, but I'm going to think for a minute.

Lannan what were you doing last night? Who did you visit?

No to reference another game, but Lannan dropped out of Ail due to time constraints, so he might not really be participating in Beginners, either...or of course he could just be lurking.

I think he's taking time off, not lurking. He always lurks anyway. I don't buy it as a scum tell.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:54:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:50:00 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
You also missed that Khaos full claimed his role as well.

Also, seeing as scum know the theme just as well as town does, and you are one of the last to character claim, it does little to alleviate suspicion. Is there anything you can tell us about your role?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:59:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:12:56 PM, Wylted wrote:
VTL Lannan

We know he is scum based on the analysis yesterday and he was one of the few people not voting to lynch, Niqash.

If blade pussyfoots around claiming I'll willing to change my vote.

I was gone all weekend working. Deal with it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 2:59:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:54:56 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:50:00 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
You also missed that Khaos full claimed his role as well.

Also, seeing as scum know the theme just as well as town does, and you are one of the last to character claim, it does little to alleviate suspicion. Is there anything you can tell us about your role?

I'm the third-to-last to claim, actually, and only that because Mikal didn't participate at all.
My role does have an ability attached--beyond that in terms of what it is I'd rather not say. But for presently undiclosed reasons, I agree with your pressure on Endark.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 3:00:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is there a role out there that can change people's roles.

For example Person A is faith healer and Person B is something else. Person C changes Person B's role to the one Person A had?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 3:00:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 2:59:23 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:54:56 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 6/4/2014 2:50:00 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
You also missed that Khaos full claimed his role as well.

Also, seeing as scum know the theme just as well as town does, and you are one of the last to character claim, it does little to alleviate suspicion. Is there anything you can tell us about your role?

I'm the third-to-last to claim, actually, and only that because Mikal didn't participate at all.
My role does have an ability attached--beyond that in terms of what it is I'd rather not say. But for presently undiclosed reasons, I agree with your pressure on Endark.

Very well. Was your ability used last night? Or was Mikal so inactive that he didnt even submit a night action?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 3:01:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 3:00:37 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Is there a role out there that can change people's roles.

For example Person A is faith healer and Person B is something else. Person C changes Person B's role to the one Person A had?

Why do you ask?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 3:03:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 3:01:17 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 6/4/2014 3:00:37 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Is there a role out there that can change people's roles.

For example Person A is faith healer and Person B is something else. Person C changes Person B's role to the one Person A had?

Why do you ask?

Because I'm the faith healer and now XLAV died at night and he turn's out to be a faith healer.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 3:04:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 3:03:16 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/4/2014 3:01:17 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 6/4/2014 3:00:37 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Is there a role out there that can change people's roles.

For example Person A is faith healer and Person B is something else. Person C changes Person B's role to the one Person A had?

Why do you ask?

Because I'm the faith healer and now XLAV died at night and he turn's out to be a faith healer.

Did you gain that role last night? were you ever anything other than faith healer?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 3:05:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 3:03:16 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/4/2014 3:01:17 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 6/4/2014 3:00:37 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Is there a role out there that can change people's roles.

For example Person A is faith healer and Person B is something else. Person C changes Person B's role to the one Person A had?

Why do you ask?

Because I'm the faith healer and now XLAV died at night and he turn's out to be a faith healer.

Nevermind, you are town.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 3:05:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2014 3:04:26 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 6/4/2014 3:03:16 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/4/2014 3:01:17 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 6/4/2014 3:00:37 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Is there a role out there that can change people's roles.

For example Person A is faith healer and Person B is something else. Person C changes Person B's role to the one Person A had?

Why do you ask?

Because I'm the faith healer and now XLAV died at night and he turn's out to be a faith healer.

Did you gain that role last night? were you ever anything other than faith healer?

No, I was the faith healer originally. Was XLAV a sort of mimic or something?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~