Jump to topic:

Ail to the Chief Mafia DP3

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 4:09:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Andrew Johnson faced impeachment AND conviction this time around; he was put to death by lethal injection. The ensuing revelations occured as authorities searched his home, and found no evidence of any crimes at all. President Woodrow Wilson was outraged; his plans for peace had once again failed. Collective security would not be the watchword of this era, either. After giving a tirade against the evil committed, he retired to his chambers. He lied down on his bed, and his weight triggered a trap, sending a spear straight through his heart. He was found the next morning...

Khaos- You are Dr. Woodrow Wilson- You've got a doctorate, so- segue, you're the doctor. Protect one person at night from death. Since you liked to take a lot of trips to Europe, where you were much more well-liked, you can take a trip, protecting yourself instead. You win with the town.

Lynched last DP:
Lannan- You are Andrew Johnson- Because of the extreme hatred you endured from everyone around you, you are Unpopular. It takes one vote less than usual to lynch you. However, since you survived your Senate trial, you are Immune. You cannot be killed by any means besides a lynch. You win with the town.

Living Players

1. XLAV
2. Niqash
3. Ford
4. Smithereens
5. Potbelliedgeek
6. Beginner
7. Endark
8. Numberwang
9. Bladerunner060
10. Rross
11. Wylted

With 11 players remaining, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
This DP will end at 4:00 DDO time on June 10, 2014.

See! NOT RECRUITED! I am the speech-giver. FDR and his fireside chats and sh!t. If you morons would have just listened, I could have gone on impersonating the mod and no one would be any the wiser. Meddling Kids.

Niqash is being replaced.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Believer in the heart of the cards.

" . . . most people can't see the cherries for the trees" - Mixed metaphors are bae
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 4:36:23 PM
Pots, as cool as it is that you can write speeches I don't find it terribly useful to town if I am being honest. Or perhaps I am misunderstanding what value it has, I don't know. But I don't see what real value you being able to do that has.

I will be the first to say I regret how the death of lannan happened. Though I voted for him I don't think we were ready to make that decision when he got hammered. I was vocally complaining about the near accidental lynch of Khaos and then I accidentally participated in the somewhat accidental lynch of Lannan. Although I may not have changed my vote, I did not like the fact that we hammered in the middle of the discussion we were having about whether to lynch rross or not, and I feel gypped out of exploring that possibility fully. I am a little surprised he came up town. We need to vote in a more organized fashion, so we know when we're hammering.

Not super surprised about the khaos lynch as he was our only real clear and he was a good townie, but that's a bad blow to lose the doc.

I think the math at this point is looking pretty bad. Mafia should stuff be at full strength, unless they have been flipped by the cult (if that is possible). The cult is probably at 3 members, unless they tried to flip Khaos or they were somehow blocked if we even have a block thing. Worst case scenario we have only 5 town left, right? I think we lose if we mislynch.

I honestly don't know who to lynch at this point. I guess I'd say rross but I am unsure. I hate when I help lynch a town, it makes me second guess myself.

I'm graduating high school today! So I won't be on as much today or tomorrow. But afterwards I'll have a lot of free time.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 5:10:11 PM
I'm giving up on this game. No matter how hard I try, you guys will just stubbornly do whatever the fvck you want.
Wylted is 99.99% mafia, as is rross with XLAV closely behind. If there are indeed three mafia, these are the three mafia. I'm done. I hate you guys so much.

Blade who did you glue?
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 5:12:24 PM
Oh yeah, I promised to give my role. I'm vanilla town. I don't think I need to explain why.
VTL Wylted for death
^I'm not even going to bother explaining. Read the damn day yourself you useless tards.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 5:16:32 PM
Another thing. You'd listen to smithereen's theme theory but not mine? You guys are duckheads. You can wallow in your loss, I don't honestly give a fvck. Please, PLEASE for once in this game, just SHEEP me. Why the hell is that so hard?
Senpai has noticed you.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 5:27:38 PM
At 6/6/2014 5:10:11 PM, Beginner wrote:
I'm giving up on this game. No matter how hard I try, you guys will just stubbornly do whatever the fvck you want.

You didn't try too hard on DP2 and on DP1 you weren't making too much sense, so that's why no one was following you, but no one really disagrees with you on your reads(except for lannan), most people are convinced on rross and xlav.

Wylted is 99.99% mafia, as is rross with XLAV closely behind. If there are indeed three mafia, these are the three mafia. I'm done. I hate you guys so much.

Tell us how you really feel.

Blade who did you glue?

Good question!

I'm off until probably tomorrow, sucks that no one really posted while I was here. I might pop on really late tonight so I should catch rross and xlav and any insomniacs in the Americas.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 7:25:07 PM
My gluing last night failed--it was on Khaos, which is interesting.

I assumed he said he was commuting so much that he wouldn't wind up commuting, and/or that it was okay if he did because I wanted to glue him more than I wanted to glue anyone else, so if it failed it failed.

Him dying however, is VERY curious. I would guess I was roleblocked. Gluing would have otherwise happened before the NK.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 7:58:06 PM
At 6/6/2014 5:16:32 PM, Beginner wrote:
Another thing. You'd listen to smithereen's theme theory but not mine? You guys are duckheads. You can wallow in your loss, I don't honestly give a fvck. Please, PLEASE for once in this game, just SHEEP me. Why the hell is that so hard?

1. Let's vote rross instead. I don't trust her role.
2. Wylted is a complete tool. Just read Beginner 26.3. He lead the town to lynch me, TWICE.
He did the same wishy-washy BS hammer, lied about his role, and generally played scummy. I said before, they can't all be mafia.
3. VTL rross
4. Given the fact that Khaos1 was doc, it makes Blade a lot more suspicious, and could very well be the reason I wasn't glued.
My work here is, finally, done.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 8:54:21 PM
I think we're in trouble. If it really is town 5, cult 3, mafia 3, then we can't lynch without help from one or the other of them. I think cult want to kill mafia more than they want to kill us, but probably mafia want to kill us more. On the other hand, if we kill mafia, and mafia kill us in the night, then tomorrow it will be town 3, cult 4, mafia 3 and then we'll have lost for sure.

But maybe there's only 2 mafia, or maybe cult tried to convert and failed, or maybe cult will all die if they try and recruit mafia. That will still give us a chance.

In general, I think we should extend the day as long as we can. This is our only chance to compare information and strategize, while the cult and the mafia have had all night to do it.

.................................................................................................

So. Last night I tried to investigate numberwang, and I it didn't work. Either I was blocked or he has some other kind of protection.

Here's why I suspect him. At end of DP2, he said (1296):

I already said something about my role on DP1, I'm just town. If I had a role I wouldn't have posted 300 times and made myself one of the most obviously town player in the game. As someone else said (pots?), he can play more aggressive than his meta because he didn't have a powerful role. I am also uninhibited by a role besides being a townie. Go town!

I don't think people are just town. He's only ever played before on playdiplomacy mafia, and I had a quick look there, and it does seem that they tend not to use the term "vanilla" as much as we do here. So I'm thinking, he's lying. Either it's because he's not town or because he's trying to conceal his role. I don't know.

Anyway. It seems unlikely to me that he and beginner are both vanilla.

Also, I'm suspicous of Pots. First he said he was the speechwriter, then the speech-giver. Either way, he probably has another role as well. Also, the way he used that ability was weird. If I were him, I would have just put a note confirming myself as town. If it came from the mod, nobody would have suspected it. Why didn't he do that?

Finally, khaos said he was commuting last night, so how was he killed? They must have roleblocked him. But I was blocked too. They can't have two roleblockers, can they?
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 8:55:14 PM
At 6/6/2014 7:58:06 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

2. Wylted is a complete tool. Just read Beginner 26.3. He lead the town to lynch me, TWICE.
He did the same wishy-washy BS hammer, lied about his role, and generally played scummy. I said before, they can't all be mafia.
3. VTL rross
4. Given the fact that Khaos1 was doc, it makes Blade a lot more suspicious, and could very well be the reason I wasn't glued.

So what happened yesterday? Were you silenced?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 8:56:37 PM
At 6/6/2014 8:55:14 PM, rross wrote:

3. VTL rross

So what happened yesterday? Were you silenced?

Not to my knowledge.
Niqash just had better things to do.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 8:57:06 PM
At 6/6/2014 4:36:23 PM, numberwang wrote:
Pots, as cool as it is that you can write speeches I don't find it terribly useful to town if I am being honest. Or perhaps I am misunderstanding what value it has, I don't know. But I don't see what real value you being able to do that has.

I will be the first to say I regret how the death of lannan happened. Though I voted for him I don't think we were ready to make that decision when he got hammered. I was vocally complaining about the near accidental lynch of Khaos and then I accidentally participated in the somewhat accidental lynch of Lannan.

So why vote for him then? You weren't pressuring him for any kind of claim. If you didn't want him lynched, why put a vote on him? It makes no sense.

Although I may not have changed my vote, I did not like the fact that we hammered in the middle of the discussion we were having about whether to lynch rross or not, and I feel gypped out of exploring that possibility fully. I am a little surprised he came up town. We need to vote in a more organized fashion, so we know when we're hammering.

Not super surprised about the khaos lynch as he was our only real clear and he was a good townie, but that's a bad blow to lose the doc.

I think the math at this point is looking pretty bad. Mafia should stuff be at full strength, unless they have been flipped by the cult (if that is possible). The cult is probably at 3 members, unless they tried to flip Khaos or they were somehow blocked if we even have a block thing. Worst case scenario we have only 5 town left, right? I think we lose if we mislynch.

I honestly don't know who to lynch at this point. I guess I'd say rross but I am unsure. I hate when I help lynch a town, it makes me second guess myself.

I'm graduating high school today! So I won't be on as much today or tomorrow. But afterwards I'll have a lot of free time.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 8:59:02 PM

3. VTL rross

Wait are you dead? Or not?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 8:59:55 PM
At 6/6/2014 8:59:02 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

3. VTL rross

Wait are you dead? Or not?

I'm Niqash now.
7 posts left, so tell us what you've got.
Unvote VTL Ford
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:01:23 PM
Oh wait khaos nevermind, you're replacing niqash.

Anyway, we need to lynch blade and we need to do it now. I have very incriminating evidence that suggests he is the cultmaster.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:04:37 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:01:23 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Anyway, we need to lynch blade and we need to do it now. I have very incriminating evidence that suggests he is the cultmaster.

Then out it.
Why delay?
No, wait, don't out your results.

REPEAT!! Do not out your results!!!
Unvote VTL rross

rross, what did Ford learn last night?
Get her to answer this.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:08:13 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:04:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/6/2014 9:01:23 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Then out it.
Why delay?
No, wait, don't out your results.

REPEAT!! Do not out your results!!!
Unvote VTL rross

rross, what did Ford learn last night?
Get her to answer this.

She said she targeted Number.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:10:24 PM
At 6/6/2014 8:54:21 PM, rross wrote:
I think we're in trouble. If it really is town 5, cult 3, mafia 3, then we can't lynch without help from one or the other of them. I think cult want to kill mafia more than they want to kill us, but probably mafia want to kill us more. On the other hand, if we kill mafia, and mafia kill us in the night, then tomorrow it will be town 3, cult 4, mafia 3 and then we'll have lost for sure.

But maybe there's only 2 mafia, or maybe cult tried to convert and failed, or maybe cult will all die if they try and recruit mafia. That will still give us a chance.

In general, I think we should extend the day as long as we can. This is our only chance to compare information and strategize, while the cult and the mafia have had all night to do it.

.................................................................................................

So. Last night I tried to investigate numberwang, and I it didn't work. Either I was blocked or he has some other kind of protection.

Here's why I suspect him. At end of DP2, he said (1296):

I already said something about my role on DP1, I'm just town. If I had a role I wouldn't have posted 300 times and made myself one of the most obviously town player in the game. As someone else said (pots?), he can play more aggressive than his meta because he didn't have a powerful role. I am also uninhibited by a role besides being a townie. Go town!

I don't think people are just town. He's only ever played before on playdiplomacy mafia, and I had a quick look there, and it does seem that they tend not to use the term "vanilla" as much as we do here. So I'm thinking, he's lying. Either it's because he's not town or because he's trying to conceal his role. I don't know.

Anyway. It seems unlikely to me that he and beginner are both vanilla.

Also, I'm suspicous of Pots. First he said he was the speechwriter, then the speech-giver. Either way, he probably has another role as well. Also, the way he used that ability was weird. If I were him, I would have just put a note confirming myself as town. If it came from the mod, nobody would have suspected it. Why didn't he do that?

Finally, khaos said he was commuting last night, so how was he killed? They must have roleblocked him. But I was blocked too. They can't have two roleblockers, can they?

Khaos was the doctor, apparently. Not the commuter.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:15:04 PM
From Solon last night: "The two elements that separate the cult and mafia are, in no particular order, my personal favorite(s) and corrupt president(s)."

Initially i thought this meant it was more likely that the scum team consists of the corrupt presidents, because it makes more sense as a scum theme. Also, I think it's more likely that Solon has 1 favorite president than him having multiple favorites.

But then he said something that sealed the deal: "It's actually honest president(s) rather than personal favorite(s) but I wouldn't recommend thinking of it in that way; you might confuse yourself."

There isn't really a subset of "honest" presidents. There are two presidents famous for their honesty. George Washington, and honest Abe. I guarantee I'm not the cultmaster. That leaves us with blade. Coincidence that in the signups Solon asked why Lincoln avoids the fruit salad, when fruit salad was something the real Lincoln loved? Or perhaps a clue that his genetic code was one of those scrambled, and he is "only out for himself"? Coincidence that blade claims a role that allows him to target one person each turn, just like the cultist, and that person becomes an ardent advocate of his? Coincidence that this DP, to avoid admitting who he actually recruited, he says he chose khaos who was night killed, when earlier he had said that if he and scum targeted the same person, his glue would win? I think blade is lying. I think he recruited someone else this DP, and I think to hedge his bets he decided to pretend he didn't get anyone, so just in case we do lynch him, there will be one surviving unknown cult member, since we already know he got pots.

VTL bladerunner
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:16:53 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:11:23 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
What I think we need to ask is how were both rross and Blade roleblocked? Both say their night actions failed.

I'm down for her lynch.
There was no reason to target Number.
Ford had a big target on his head, given his role.

Also, she only recieves messages that other players get. What is Number's role?
If he didn't use it, there is nothing to report. If it was doctor or something, then he didn't learn anything.

So, why target him?
Bad town play is bad town play.
Get Ford to out his results, then lynch rross.

Blade said he was RB - convenient.
But, we know Blade is not cult master.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:19:24 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:16:53 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
What I think we need to ask is how were both rross and Blade roleblocked? Both say their night actions failed.

I'm down for her lynch.

If he didn't use it, there is nothing to report. If it was doctor or something, then he didn't learn anything.

So, why target him?

Look at Ford's results.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:21:33 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:16:53 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I know you have to conserve your posts. So.

I'm down for her lynch.

I agree.

We'll see what rross says.

So, why target him?

rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:27:22 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:10:24 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
would have suspected it. Why didn't he do that?

He was the doctir AND commuter. Last DP he said he was commuting.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:29:44 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:27:22 PM, rross wrote:
At 6/6/2014 9:10:24 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
would have suspected it. Why didn't he do that?

He was the doctir AND commuter. Last DP he said he was commuting.

That sounded like a 1x commuter. Which he apparently didn't use, seeing as he died.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:32:06 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:21:33 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I agree.

We'll see what rross says.

I targeted numberwang bc he said he was "just town" and bc I thought he was a very likely cult recruit dp1.

I don't trust Ford. That message yesterday doesn't confirm him as town. It could have been an answer to a question he asked. And he was in on the lynch on lannan.

So, why target him?

rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:34:39 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:29:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
AND commuter. Last DP he said he was commuting.

That sounded like a 1x commuter. Which he apparently didn't use, seeing as he died.

Do you think he was lying about commuting last night? I don't actually. He was confirmed and number 1 target. Why wouldn't he commute?
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:36:01 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:34:39 PM, rross wrote:
At 6/6/2014 9:29:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
AND commuter. Last DP he said he was commuting.

Do you think he was lying about commuting last night? I don't actually. He was confirmed and number 1 target. Why wouldn't he commute?

A commuter, if I understand it right, can't be targeted at all. So there should have been no way to block his role.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:44:43 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:36:01 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

A commuter, if I understand it right, can't be targeted at all. So there should have been no way to block his role.

He said he was commuting. The mafia wouldn't have wasted a kill unless they had somr way around it. It just makes me think. I was blocked. Khaos was maybe blocked. So maybe blade is telling the truth and he was blocked too. Maybe. Just considering possibilities.

Or. Khaos was lying, blade is lying, and I was blocked.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:50:33 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:44:43 PM, rross wrote:
At 6/6/2014 9:36:01 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

He said he was commuting. The mafia wouldn't have wasted a kill unless they had somr way around it. It just makes me think. I was blocked. Khaos was maybe blocked. So maybe blade is telling the truth and he was blocked too. Maybe. Just considering possibilities.

Or. Khaos was lying, blade is lying, and I was blocked.

This post right here is why it is so hard to read you, and why I want your head.
Khaos1 was NOT a commuter. Clearly, as clear as day, you can see it was a lie.
You have no way of knowing if you were role blocked since you have no way of knowing if you should have received a message.

By the way,
Niqash is a pompous moron.
VTL Niqash