Beginners' Mafia 26.1: DP2

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 11:54:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
DIED LAST DP

KC - You are the HUNTER. Upon being lynched, you may select another player to die with you. You win with the mafia.

SJ - You are the DREAMER. Each night, you will receive a dream containing the names of three players. At least one of these players will be mafia. You win with the town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Angel - You are the SUPER SAINT. If lynched, you kill whoever hammers you. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Chosen
KC
SJ
Angel

LIVING PLAYERS

Number
Esocial
Wylted
Raymond
Blade
Bossy

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP will end at noon, DDO time, 6/15/14.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 12:07:34 PM
CORRECTION

This is DP3.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 12:08:17 PM
At 6/13/2014 12:00:53 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
( lol.

Once you die, you can't post. Necro-posting is not permissible.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 12:09:27 PM
At 6/13/2014 12:08:17 PM, bsh1 wrote:
( lol.

Sorry, I didn't know. Bye y'all, dead people don't talk. :)
I'm so fancy, you already know.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 12:10:20 PM
At 6/13/2014 12:09:27 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
At 6/13/2014 12:08:17 PM, bsh1 wrote:
( lol.

Sorry, I didn't know. Bye y'all, dead people don't talk. :)

It's okay--I'm not mad :) Part of the purpose of this series is to teach you things like that.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 12:20:45 PM
At 6/13/2014 12:13:20 PM, numberwang wrote:
At 6/13/2014 11:58:45 AM, XLAV wrote:
DP2?

nac

What is nac? And who are you playing as?

nac is "not all caps".
You cannot post in all caps.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 12:22:29 PM
So, town, you likely have two mafia to go.
Spencer was dreamer, ergo, you now know that her dream was real.
So, you know that at least one of Blade, Number, or Bossy is scum.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 12:25:25 PM
At 6/13/2014 12:20:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
DP2?

nac

nac is "not all caps".

Really? Is that a forum rule or something?

So he isn't playing as anybody? I'm confused.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 12:26:33 PM
At 6/13/2014 12:22:29 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

WHOA THERE BUCKO!!!!

It was blade, bossy, or RAYMOND, but thanks for calling me scum in an advisory capacity, much appreciated. >.>
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 12:26:49 PM
At 6/13/2014 12:25:25 PM, numberwang wrote:
At 6/13/2014 12:20:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
DP2?

nac

nac is "not all caps".

Really? Is that a forum rule or something?
Try to post in all caps, and the system won't let you.

So he isn't playing as anybody? I'm confused.
I think he just posted to make fun of bsh1's mistake.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 12:29:24 PM
At 6/13/2014 12:26:33 PM, numberwang wrote:

WHOA THERE BUCKO!!!!

It was blade, bossy, or RAYMOND, but thanks for calling me scum in an advisory capacity, much appreciated. >.>

I did say "that was the dream, right?".
The point still stands, you can risk lynching in that pool and know that there is at least one scum. There could be two.
33% chance of scum hit.

However, this is likely MYLO, and it is common to only lynch those that are 100% scum, since a mislynch will cost town the game.

See if process of elimination can narrow the field.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 12:29:37 PM
At 6/13/2014 12:24:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Why is hunter a mafia role?

Esocial claimed somewhere in the last DP that there was a re-director and that her role was taken, that seems to be what happened.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 12:32:29 PM
At 6/13/2014 12:29:24 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/13/2014 12:26:33 PM, numberwang wrote:

WHOA THERE BUCKO!!!!

I did say "that was the dream, right?".

Apology accepted.

The point still stands, you can risk lynching in that pool and know that there is at least one scum. There could be two.
33% chance of scum hit.

We already figured that out yesterday.

However, this is likely MYLO, and it is common to only lynch those that are 100% scum, since a mislynch will cost town the game.

See if process of elimination can narrow the field.

We are two steps ahead of you there. We had pretty much already figured out who we were going to lynch today based on how KC flipped.
Raymond_Reddington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 1:07:20 PM
Analysis
The death of KC taught us one important lesson since he took down SJ with him. We are now certain that SJ was town. I will now direct everyone back to the opening of DP2 because I believe we can learn something from it. SJ's question in post 2 and my analysis in posts 9, 12, 15, 25, and 36. I confirmed SJ as town in my analysis. I believe no smart scum would aid in the confirmation of a townie as a townie especially on something as subjective as behavioral analysis. I think this is enough to confirm me as town, and by extension Wylted. Obviously scum would look for flaws in my logic, but then again so would skeptical townies, so that search is fruitless. Confirming my logic however would be completely counterintuitive to the scum. Therefore I conclude that those who strongly agreed with my logic can also be confirmed as town as well.
People's position on my analysis in DP2
Bossy- Agreed Post 19
Number- Mostly Neutral Posts 20, 30 moved to somewhat skeptical posts 45
Bladerunner- Skeptical Posts 35, 39

Obviously this does not implicate number and Bladerunner, but I believe since bossy only agreed when he could have easily contested my logic with Bladerunner, I believe this clears bossy. So spencer's dream brings up 3 people me bladerunner and bossy. I think my logic effectively clears bossy and I. My conclusion is that Bladerunner is scum.
Raymond_Reddington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 1:09:38 PM
At 6/13/2014 1:07:26 PM, Wylted wrote:
Bossy obviously lied about KC's actions. This is really obvious.

VTL Bossy

I believe bossy is town. See my post above.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 1:11:40 PM
At 6/13/2014 1:09:38 PM, Raymond_Reddington wrote:

VTL Bossy

He said KC visited Blade and KC didn't. KC visited the one he stole the role from.
Raymond_Reddington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 1:15:38 PM
At 6/13/2014 1:11:40 PM, Wylted wrote:

VTL Bossy

He said KC visited Blade and KC didn't. KC visited the one he stole the role from.

Fine. We will lynch Bossy and see what happens. VTL Bossy.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 1:17:53 PM

VTL Bossy

I'm considering it could be both of them. I'm really confident me, you and number our town. We just need to figure out the 4th townie to figure this out.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 1:18:36 PM
At 6/13/2014 1:07:20 PM, Raymond_Reddington wrote:
Analysis
The death of KC taught us one important lesson since he took down SJ with him. We are now certain that SJ was town. I will now direct everyone back to the opening of DP2 because I believe we can learn something from it. SJ's question in post 2 and my analysis in posts 9, 12, 15, 25, and 36. I confirmed SJ as town in my analysis. I believe no smart scum would aid in the confirmation of a townie as a townie especially on something as subjective as behavioral analysis.

You don't think scum would be interested in getting the town cred of asserting the townieness of someone who is going to die that NP?

I think this is enough to confirm me as town, and by extension Wylted. Obviously scum would look for flaws in my logic, but then again so would skeptical townies, so that search is fruitless. Confirming my logic however would be completely counterintuitive to the scum. Therefore I conclude that those who strongly agreed with my logic can also be confirmed as town as well.

See above.

Bossy- Agreed Post 19

Obviously this does not implicate number and Bladerunner, but I believe since bossy only agreed when he could have easily contested my logic with Bladerunner, I believe this clears bossy. So spencer's dream brings up 3 people me bladerunner and bossy. I think my logic effectively clears bossy and I. My conclusion is that Bladerunner is scum.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 1:23:10 PM

VTL Bossy

Esocial got her role stolen. Scum team has got to be blade and bossy. All 4 of us are as closeto confirmed as you are going to get in this game.
Raymond_Reddington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 1:23:32 PM
At 6/13/2014 1:18:36 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/13/2014 1:07:20 PM, Raymond_Reddington wrote:
Analysis
The death of KC taught us one important lesson since he took down SJ with him. We are now certain that SJ was town. I will now direct everyone back to the opening of DP2 because I believe we can learn something from it. SJ's question in post 2 and my analysis in posts 9, 12, 15, 25, and 36. I confirmed SJ as town in my analysis. I believe no smart scum would aid in the confirmation of a townie as a townie especially on something as subjective as behavioral analysis.

You don't think scum would be interested in getting the town cred of asserting the townieness of someone who is going to die that NP?
When this took place in the first two pages of DP2 they had no knowledge that their hunter would die or if their NK would be successful. They had sufficient motivation to obscure SJ's status and not take the risk of him being confirmed town and left alive the next DP.

I think this is enough to confirm me as town, and by extension Wylted. Obviously scum would look for flaws in my logic, but then again so would skeptical townies, so that search is fruitless. Confirming my logic however would be completely counterintuitive to the scum. Therefore I conclude that those who strongly agreed with my logic can also be confirmed as town as well.

See above.

Bossy- Agreed Post 19

numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 1:24:20 PM
So I think at this point POE gets us that Raymond and Wytld are the scum. At this point bossy and blade are pretty much confirmed, so POE gets us that Ray has to be the scum of the three. But I'll walk through my own thinking.

So I successfully cc'ed KC, and he flipped scum (woot woot!). That was a stroke of luck, and it was all made possible by Bossy and his watcher reveal, which got the result of KC visiting blade. So at this point, because bossy led us right to a scum, and I cc'ed and killed the scum, I think it is fair to say that bossy is town.

Oh, and esocial is cleared town because the re-director took her role, which we can clearly see from KC's PM.

Bossy's reveal also legit's blade's claim. We now know all of the role claims in the game.

esocial-hunter
wytld-priest/mimic
raymond-priest
bossy-watcher
me-tracker
blade- BP

So from this list, unless someone was lying, there are no docs/body guards. The only reason for the NK to fail on NP1 is that KC, the scum, visited Blade to deliver the NK, which bossy witnessed and reported. KC obviously visited esocial too, but bossy caught him delivering the nk. The fact that blade survived the NK clears his claim of being BP. I don't see any other way for a NK to be stopped based on the claimed roles.

So that leaves raymond, who claims priest. Raymond is only confirmed by wytld, who claims mimic, and is only confirmed by raymond. Neither of them are confirmed by anyone besides themselves. And their plan to have themselves cleared doesn't make any sense because all of the visiting roles were revealed by the end of the last day. If anyone would have claimed to have visited them. They made claims that aren't and can't be really confirmed independently.

Blade's and bossy's claims line up perfectly, however, and bossy's claim led us to a scum. Either they are both scum or neither are scum, and because BP can't be a scum role I don't see how they can both be scum.

And raymond didn't want to lynch KC, for whatever that is worth.

I think that PoE gets us to raymond is the scum of the three. I don't see how bossy or blade could possibly be scum after KC flipped scum like that. So I guess I'll VTL raymond. If anything in here doesn't make sense it's probably because I spaced out watching the FIFA and kind of rambled. If you have any questions ask me, but I really think raymond is the best lynch.

By the way, I tracked AOD last night because I thought it was weird that KC named him as the person he fake investigated and I thought he was being weird about his role. Obviously he didn't visit anyone and then he died, which sucked.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 1:27:14 PM
At 6/13/2014 1:24:20 PM, numberwang wrote:
So I think at this point POE gets us that Raymond and Wytld are the scum. At this point bossy and blade are pretty much confirmed, so POE gets us that Ray has to be the scum of the three. But I'll walk through my own thinking.

So I successfully cc'ed KC, and he flipped scum (woot woot!). That was a stroke of luck, and it was all made possible by Bossy and his watcher reveal, which got the result of KC visiting blade. So at this point, because bossy led us right to a scum, and I cc'ed and killed the scum, I think it is fair to say that bossy is town.

Oh, and esocial is cleared town because the re-director took her role, which we can clearly see from KC's PM.

Bossy's reveal also legit's blade's claim. We now know all of the role claims in the game.

esocial-hunter
wytld-priest/mimic
raymond-priest
bossy-watcher
me-tracker
blade- BP

So from this list, unless someone was lying, there are no docs/body guards. The only reason for the NK to fail on NP1 is that KC, the scum, visited Blade to deliver the NK, which bossy witnessed and reported. KC obviously visited esocial too, but bossy caught him delivering the nk. The fact that blade survived the NK clears his claim of being BP. I don't see any other way for a NK to be stopped based on the claimed roles.

So that leaves raymond, who claims priest. Raymond is only confirmed by wytld, who claims mimic, and is only confirmed by raymond. Neither of them are confirmed by anyone besides themselves. And their plan to have themselves cleared doesn't make any sense because all of the visiting roles were revealed by the end of the last day. If anyone would have claimed to have visited them. They made claims that aren't and can't be really confirmed independently.

Blade's and bossy's claims line up perfectly, however, and bossy's claim led us to a scum. Either they are both scum or neither are scum, and because BP can't be a scum role I don't see how they can both be scum.

And raymond didn't want to lynch KC, for whatever that is worth.

I think that PoE gets us to raymond is the scum of the three. I don't see how bossy or blade could possibly be scum after KC flipped scum like that. So I guess I'll VTL raymond. If anything in here doesn't make sense it's probably because I spaced out watching the FIFA and kind of rambled. If you have any questions ask me, but I really think raymond is the best lynch.

By the way, I tracked AOD last night because I thought it was weird that KC named him as the person he fake investigated and I thought he was being weird about his role. Obviously he didn't visit anyone and then he died, which sucked.

KC couldn't have visited blade if he stole esocials role. He visited Esocial. Blade and bossy aren't confirmed.