Total Posts:341|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 26.2: DP2

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 4:06:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
DIED IN THE NIGHT

Wylted - You are the PRIEST. You learns the roles of your nighttime visitors, but NOT which player is what role. You win with the town.

Bossy - You are the HUNTER. Upon being lynched, you may select another player to die with you. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

Number
Esocial
Angel
SJ
XLAV
Raymond
Chosen
Blade

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 4:00pm, DDO time, on 6/19/14.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
numberwang
Posts: 1,917
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 4:17:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
That was a record setting NP length. I almost died waiting.

Did xlav replace KC? That just about makes my day.

It is not good that we just lost 2 townies. The priest, although it is a little different then the priest roles I have seen, is a really valuable role that can really screw up the mafia. Silver lining is that the mafia can't steal the hunter like they did last game, but still it is a loss for town.

So we either have a SK, a vig, or a JOAT (looking at all of the listed roles with kill powers, PGO is off because neither wylted nor bossy had visiting roles) but since this is a intro to third parties game it is most likely SK, as raymond has said since I started writing this.
numberwang
Posts: 1,917
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 4:24:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have to leave right now, but when I come back I think we should look at what Wolff claims to be (since he said he would claim last DP) and I will begin looking at who might have wanted wilted and bossy dead based on the last DP. I think it is important for us to try and find out which one the mafia would have wanted to kill and which one a possible SK would have killed. I think finding the SK and finding the mafia are equally important; there are 2 mafia, which makes them more powerful in the end game, but it is easier to stop the SK from nk'ing because there is only one, which would allow the town to live for a lot longer.

I'll be on tonight hopefully, my computer is fried and it might get fixed but if not I will try and do what I can from my phone.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 4:32:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It is most likely 5:2:1.
MYLO in a way, but not necessarily.
If there is an SK, both scum factions need to hunt the other, for this not NP is critical for success.

Town must lynch scum today or be very lucky.
A mislynch could be the end of town.
My work here is, finally, done.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 4:44:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
$hit, we lost two townies. We definitely have a serial killer. BTW, I promised a claim, so here you go. I am the VIRGIN (All capitalized). Unfortunately, since we have a serial killer, I will most likely die tonight.

I prevent all deaths in the NP, meaning I can stop the serial killer from striking.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 5:16:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 4:13:57 PM, Raymond_Reddington wrote:
We have a serial killer apparently

We don't know that for sure. Burrito was a hunter, and could of taken Wylted with him. I don't think that's realistic though. Given the last DP, he was intent on lynching esocial.

There are 8 of us left, and 5 of us are town. I will cast my virgin role tonight, and since we most likely have a serial killer, it should confirm me and hinder the TP.

TP will try to lynch me this turn, as my power is very damaging to them. Just take note of those who start VTL's
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 5:18:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 4:17:42 PM, numberwang wrote:

We should focus on mafia this round. The SK can be taken out next round, as I have VIRGIN.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 5:19:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 5:16:02 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/17/2014 4:13:57 PM, Raymond_Reddington wrote:
We have a serial killer apparently

We don't know that for sure. Burrito was a hunter, and could of taken Wylted with him. I don't think that's realistic though. Given the last DP, he was intent on lynching esocial.

There are 8 of us left, and 5 of us are town. I will cast my virgin role tonight, and since we most likely have a serial killer, it should confirm me and hinder the TP.

TP will try to lynch me this turn, as my power is very damaging to them. Just take note of those who start VTL's

Both virgin and hunter roles ONLY activate upon being lynched.
The only way you can protect people tonight is if you are lynched today.
Hunter only takes people with them if they are lynched. Ergo, there is most likely an SK.

There has to be JOAT, SK, or Vig. There is no other explanation for two deaths in the night.
My work here is, finally, done.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 5:21:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 5:19:52 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/17/2014 5:16:02 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/17/2014 4:13:57 PM, Raymond_Reddington wrote:
We have a serial killer apparently

We don't know that for sure. Burrito was a hunter, and could of taken Wylted with him. I don't think that's realistic though. Given the last DP, he was intent on lynching esocial.

There are 8 of us left, and 5 of us are town. I will cast my virgin role tonight, and since we most likely have a serial killer, it should confirm me and hinder the TP.

TP will try to lynch me this turn, as my power is very damaging to them. Just take note of those who start VTL's

Both virgin and hunter roles ONLY activate upon being lynched.
The only way you can protect people tonight is if you are lynched today.
Hunter only takes people with them if they are lynched. Ergo, there is most likely an SK.

There has to be JOAT, SK, or Vig. There is no other explanation for two deaths in the night.

Sorry, you're right. I am no expert at this game. Well, there is no way to confirm my role, or will I be lynched now. Still, Burrito could of killed Wylted, although this is unlikely given his intent to murder esocial.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 5:22:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In that case, the SK will probably defend me from a VTL, since many of you said you would lynch me today if I didn't confirm.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 5:24:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 5:21:28 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Still, Burrito could of killed Wylted, although this is unlikely given his intent to murder esocial.

No, Burrito wasn't lynched.
Therefore, his role doesn't activate.
My work here is, finally, done.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 5:25:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 5:24:47 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/17/2014 5:21:28 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Still, Burrito could of killed Wylted, although this is unlikely given his intent to murder esocial.

No, Burrito wasn't lynched.
Therefore, his role doesn't activate.

So you have to be lynched to use it? Alright, I thought it was a "when you die" thing
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 6:07:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
ATTENTION

XLAV is replacing KC for the remainder of the game, effective immediately.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
AngelofDeath
Posts: 2,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 7:15:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Oh no! :( this is really bad... It seems scum team is really smart about taking out all of our experienced players....

So now we're left with a buncha noobs....

No offense to anyone 0.0
I may or may not be a cat
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 7:39:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 6:07:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
ATTENTION

XLAV is replacing KC for the remainder of the game, effective immediately.

0.0 Umm... okay
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 7:53:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 7:42:47 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
Since no one else is online except like, two of us? I'm just gonna....

VTL Wolf for soft claim

You seriously need to pay attention.
My work here is, finally, done.
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 7:55:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hey y'all, I'm sorry I wasn't on earlier, I somehow didn't get the notification that day phase started. Lol.

Anyways, Brian, is everyone flavored and how do you know what your flavor is?
I'm so fancy, you already know.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 8:05:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 7:55:50 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:

Anyways, Brian, is everyone flavored and how do you know what your flavor is?

No, not everyone is flavored. That would be ridiculous. Depending on the game, more people could be flavored than not, but I guarantee that not EVERYONE is flavored.

You can discover your flavor (if you have one) in one of two ways: (1) I tell you what your flavor is. I do this with X-shot and Even/Odd Night flavors. (2) You work through a process of elimination to determine what your role is. You would do this with flavors that are normally kept secret. For example, if you have role X, and you try to use it but it doesn't work, it's a fair guess to think that you might have a naive flavoring.

But, I cannot confirm if you, or anyone else, has a secret flavor, just for the record.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 8:08:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 7:55:50 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
Hey y'all, I'm sorry I wasn't on earlier, I somehow didn't get the notification that day phase started. Lol.

Anyways, Brian, is everyone flavored and how do you know what your flavor is?

If the role says you are flavored, then you know you are.
Otherwise it doesn't.

For example, your role may be:
You are 1x doctor. (you are flavored in the since that you have only one "shot" of your role)
You are even-night doctor. (you only can use your role on even nights)

^ These flavors you will know.
Other flavors, you are likely not to know.
For example, you might be a paranoid cop, or naive doctor. Given the fact that, if you knew your role, you would act differently, it is counterproductive to disclose these types of flavors to the player in their PM.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 8:19:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Given the fact that if town does not lynch today, it COULD be 3:2:1, and pretty much impossible for town to win, it may be wise for a mass claim, including any and all night actions.

Find a liar. Lynch them.
If there is a good target (like a cop), both mafia AND SK may target that player, thus allowing town a chance to survive.
My work here is, finally, done.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 8:32:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Alright, I think Khao's has stated a pretty clear plan. Everyone should full claim. We will most likely lose if we don't lynch scum this round. It IS essential everyone comes forward.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 8:38:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 8:17:51 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Please replace AOD. She's not involved in this game.

O.o Yes she is.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 8:39:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 8:38:01 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
At 6/17/2014 8:17:51 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Please replace AOD. She's not involved in this game.

O.o Yes she is.

No she's not. She comes in every once in awhile starting random chats and not playing the game. WTF, she put a VTL on me asking for a soft claim?

She hasn't paid any attention, and as a matter of fact, either have you.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 8:41:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 8:38:01 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
At 6/17/2014 8:17:51 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Please replace AOD. She's not involved in this game.

O.o Yes she is.

BTW, we need full claims this round. Full claim please.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
numberwang
Posts: 1,917
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 8:41:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 8:19:29 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Given the fact that if town does not lynch today, it COULD be 3:2:1, and pretty much impossible for town to win, it may be wise for a mass claim, including any and all night actions.

Find a liar. Lynch them.
If there is a good target (like a cop), both mafia AND SK may target that player, thus allowing town a chance to survive.

I think we should wait and see if any night actions got anything before mass claiming. And maybe have the rest of the town weigh in on whether its a good idea or not.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 8:42:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 8:19:29 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Given the fact that if town does not lynch today, it COULD be 3:2:1, and pretty much impossible for town to win, it may be wise for a mass claim, including any and all night actions.

*Ahem* Don't be too Helpful *Ahem*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...