Jump to topic:

Ail to the Chief Mafia ENDGAME

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:31:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Today is a day in history no man shall soon forget. It is the day that all political leaders became truly unified under a cause of promoting the welfare of all. Gerald Ford, once famous for his commitment to integrity beyond any worries of popularity through his pardoning of Nixon, united the politicians under this common goal.

The cult wins!

Smithereens- You are Gerald Ford- Because you have a reputation even among Democrats for being honest, and you stand apart from all other politicians in this regard and also the regard that you hold the highest nation of the US without being elected to the VP or the Presidency, you are the cult leader. Each night, select another player to recruit. Attempts to recruit unrecruitable characters will fail, but will not result in your death.
2 abilities in place of recruitment
1x Presidential pardon: Any lynch on the DP it is activated on will fail. Activate this in this PM during the DP you wish to use it on. You will forfeit the night"s conversion, since you must expend a large amount of political capital to do so.
1x Helsinki Accords: Starting the following DP, one random player will be investigated by the Helsinki Watch each night, and their complete role PM with win-con will be revealed the following DP. It will be stated in the DP that Gerald Ford was responsible for the accord, though note that he is not immune to investigation by the Watch.

Bullish- You are FDR- Because of your famed "Fireside chats", you are the Speech-giver. You may deliver a message each NP to me in this PM to be posted the following DP. I will not mention that it was a message sent to me; I will simply post the message as if it is a normal event. You win with the town. (Note: recruited to cult and lost ability NP6).

Beginner- You are Franklin Pierce- Tragedy unfortunately struck you early in office, with the death of your last surviving son. You thus didn"t manage to accomplish a lot, so you are vanilla. You win with the town. (Note: recruited to cult NP3)

Numberwang- You are Thomas Jefferson- Because of your constant commitment to the Constitution and your constant checking to make sure you adhere to it, you are the role cop. Investigate one person"s role each night. You win with the town. (Note: recruited to cult and lost ability NP2)

Mafia

Because you all suffer from a chronic inability to control corruption in your administrations, you are the Mafia.
Wylted- You are Richard Nixon.
Rross- You are Warren G. Harding.
Your cronyisms grant you the following abilities in addition to the standard NK.
2x Watergate- This achieved nothing and destroyed everything. In this game, however, it will be slightly less useless. Pick a player and recieve a copy of any messages they recieve, if any.
1x Black Friday- Controlling the gold market at the expense of the common man grants you a universal roleblock; no NP actions save your NK will occur at all. However, there is a 50% chance that the one responsible will be found out.
1x Teapot Dome- Because the scandal was not uncovered until after Harding"s death, it can be said he evaded it. Therefore, this ability causes a global janitor effect for the night; additionally, all cop results will turn up innocent.

Endark- You are Ulysses S. Grant- You really witched the American people. Therefore, you are the witch. Curse one person each night. All who visit that person will die. If you curse a mafia member, you will lose this ability and become a mafia goon, joining the mafia PM. You win with the mafia.

Town

Ore/Khaos Hydraswag2K14- George H.W. Bush- Because you managed to attain the highest approval rating of any president since the inception of the Gallup polls, you are Popular. It takes one more vote than usual to lynch you. In addition, because of your swift military response in the Middle East, you are the 1x Vigilante. You may choose one person to kill at night. You win with the town.

Lananabear- Andrew Johnson- Because of the extreme hatred you endured from everyone around you, you are Unpopular. It takes one vote less than usual to lynch you. However, since you survived your Senate trial, you are Immune. You cannot be killed by any means besides a lynch. You win with the town.

XLAV- Dwight D. Eisenhower- You are Dwight D. Eisenhower- Because you established NASA, and showed a strong domestic leadership through the huge effort to build the federal highway systems, you are the Leader (alternative name for the Governor). Once per game, you may use your ability to overturn a lynch. You win with the town.

Niqash/Khaos 3- William Henry Harrison- Congratulations! You"re the nation"s most useless president. Because of your short time in office, you are limited to five posts per day, ones including votes to lynch exempted. You win with the town. (mod note: upon breaking this limit, he changes to vanilla)

Bsh/Khaos 2- Dr. Woodrow Wilson- You"ve got a doctorate, so" segue, you"re the doctor. Protect one person at night from death. You win with the town.

Blade- Abraham Lincoln- Of course you"re town :p Because of your commitment to preserving the Union, you are Glue. Note that this is a role created by me. Each night, you will select one other player, gluing them to you until your death. All actions by glued players will only work if used on other glued players, and all glued players are not affected by the actions of non-glued players. You win with the town. (mod note: Radical Revenge- upon death, the next DP cannot end without a lynch)

Ford - George Washington- Because of your far-reaching vision to establish a just government that has maintained a semblance of fairness over the years, you are the Medium. Info about the very complex game set-up will be revealed to you each night. You win with the town.
NP1: The TP character does not follow the same theme as the mafia, in terms of character.
NP2: The two elements that separate the cult and mafia are, in no particular order, my personal favorite(s) and corrupt president(s)
NP3: The cult leader is an oddball president. " Died, did not receive
NP4: There are several non-traditional roles. One of them is "Glue"
NP5: Three people win with the mafia.

Poor Khaos :(
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:33:47 PM
Night Actions

NP1
Ore/Khaos-Waived
Bsh-Waived
Pots-The best thing beginner can do for the town is stop posting. Even if he were town, he is damaging. In the event of no better option, a Beginner lynch is advisable."
Endark-Curse Blade
Rross-Kill Ore/Khaos
Wylted-Watergate Ford "The cultist does not follow the same theme as the mafia, in terms of character." (one of my mod errors)
Ford-The TP character does not follow the same theme as the mafia, in terms of character."
Number-Investigate Ore/Khaos
Blade-Glue Pots
Smith-Recruit Ore/Khaos-Failed; they died.

NP2
All actions save for the cult"s recruit, the NK, and Pots" message (as he was glued) were blocked.
Rross/Wylted-Black Friday & Kill Bsh/Khaos 2
Smith-Recruit Number
Pots-See! NOT RECRUITED! I am the speech-giver. FDR and his fireside chats and sh!t. If you morons would have just listened, I could have gone on impersonating the mod and no one would be any the wiser. Meddling Kids."

NP3
Pots/Bullish-those f***ing Moslems. They're screwing this country and now they're screwing this game?"
Rross-Kill Ford
Wylted-Investigate Khaos
Ford-Died, did not receive info
Blade-Glue Number
Smith-Recruit Beginner
Endark-Witch Number

NP4
Black Friday used; all actions saved for Bullish"s and the Mafia"s failed.
Pots/Bullish-"[A really long and drawn out thing with soccer results]"
Rross-Nada
Wylted-Kill Blade and use Black Friday-failed coin toss and was discovered.

NP5
Pots/Bullish-"Bullish is still town communism."
Smith-Waived
Rross-Kill Number and use Teapot Dome
Endark-Witch XLAV

NP6
Rross-Kill Endark
Smith-Recruit Bullish
Endark-Witch Rross
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:42:42 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Good game. Nice win, especially Smithereens obviously.

Can't believe you got away with it. I read that all wrong.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:50:57 PM
How did we NOT think that asking to be killed by a VIG made him cult?

Khaos, remember when I decided to randomly claim I was cop to get you lynched? :D That was great.

Hooray for cult winning!

Why was I night killed?
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:52:04 PM
Well, I admit it. I thought Number was the cult leader and Smith was mafia. Giving the cult leader that much power seems a little OP in my opinion, but ah well. I did my best for not actually having any idea who was who.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:53:21 PM
At 6/18/2014 10:46:43 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/18/2014 10:33:46 PM, rross wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Smithereens was cult! Endark was mafia!

-/

Haha it's actually kind of funny. We were on the same side all along... o_O
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:56:28 PM
At 6/18/2014 10:53:21 PM, rross wrote:
At 6/18/2014 10:46:43 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/18/2014 10:33:46 PM, rross wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Smithereens was cult! Endark was mafia!

-/

Haha it's actually kind of funny. We were on the same side all along... o_O

Yup, although neither of us knew that. I was counting on there being one more official mafia member.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:57:13 PM
At 6/18/2014 10:50:57 PM, numberwang wrote:

Khaos, remember when I decided to randomly claim I was cop to get you lynched? :D That was great.

Hooray for cult winning!

Why was I night killed?

I thought Smithereens was the traitor because of the miller claim. I interpreted it as a signal to us that he was on our side. And then Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon - who was wylted. Even though he voted for wylted. I thought he was either confused who mafia were, or was playing some complicated game.

So nobody seemed obvious as the cult leader, and you seemed the best option because of the khaos lynch.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:00:23 PM
At 6/18/2014 10:57:13 PM, rross wrote:

Hooray for cult winning!

Why was I night killed?

I thought Smithereens was the traitor because of the miller claim. I interpreted it as a signal to us that he was on our side. And then Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon - who was wylted. Even though he voted for wylted. I thought he was either confused who mafia were, or was playing some complicated game.

So nobody seemed obvious as the cult leader, and you seemed the best option because of the khaos lynch.

I would have nk'ed smith just because of how many different roles he claimed, that seemed sketchy to me.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:01:31 PM
At 6/18/2014 11:00:23 PM, numberwang wrote:

Hooray for cult winning!

Why was I night killed?

I would have nk'ed smith just because of how many different roles he claimed, that seemed sketchy to me.

Well, exactly. I thought he was the traitor.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:02:20 PM

Hooray for cult winning!

Why was I night killed?

Yeah, if I'd actually been official mafia, I would have killed him a long time ago, especially after he said he'd lied about needing to be targeted at night.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:03:56 PM
It was actually really hard to win as cult. I had to somehow avoid the night kill and be brazen enough in the vote leading to kill the mafia before I died. I eventually settled on claiming miller early, so that any other investigative role would excuse me, and the mafia wouldn't shoot me. Then I later claimed the I needed to be shot to continue to avoid the nightkill.

I waived the recruit on one of the nights because I thought Rross would investigate me. Good job to town, you actually played really well.

Thank you to the mod as well. Very good game.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:04:17 PM
Shouldn't make assumptions. That's where I went wrong. I mean, at one point I even thought WYLTED was the cult leader, lol. Ugh. Oh well.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:06:55 PM
At 6/18/2014 11:03:56 PM, Smithereens wrote:
It was actually really hard to win as cult. I had to somehow avoid the night kill and be brazen enough in the vote leading to kill the mafia before I died. I eventually settled on claiming miller early, so that any other investigative role would excuse me, and the mafia wouldn't shoot me. Then I later claimed the I needed to be shot to continue to avoid the nightkill.

I waived the recruit on one of the nights because I thought Rross would investigate me. Good job to town, you actually played really well.

Oh, I believe how difficult it was. I was convinced you were mafia, which is why I didn't try very hard to lynch you.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:07:14 PM
At 6/18/2014 11:02:20 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Hooray for cult winning!

Why was I night killed?

Yeah, if I'd actually been official mafia, I would have killed him a long time ago, especially after he said he'd lied about needing to be targeted at night.

But how could we have guessed that the traitor was you and not Smithers?
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:09:57 PM
At 6/18/2014 11:07:14 PM, rross wrote:
At 6/18/2014 11:02:20 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Hooray for cult winning!

Why was I night killed?

But how could we have guessed that the traitor was you and not Smithers?

You couldn't. That's why I said if I had been official mafia, because I would have known. I thought about outright saying it in the DP, but I wasn't sure if there were 2 mafia or 3.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:16:36 PM

You played an awesome game, good job winning the game, leader.

And thanks for the recruit. I am as of yet undefeated on DDO mafia!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:17:39 PM
At 6/18/2014 11:04:17 PM, rross wrote:
Shouldn't make assumptions. That's where I went wrong. I mean, at one point I even thought WYLTED was the cult leader, lol. Ugh. Oh well.

Yep, I screwed with Ross and told her I had a secret role that even he didn't know about. Her reaction was hilarious
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:22:05 PM
At 6/18/2014 11:17:39 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/18/2014 11:04:17 PM, rross wrote:

Yep, I screwed with Ross and told her I had a secret role that even he didn't know about. Her reaction was hilarious

Your reaction to my reaction was hilarious.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:26:33 PM
At 6/18/2014 11:16:36 PM, numberwang wrote:

No need to thank me, I was prepared to use your life as cannon fodder. But yeah, good job dear cult brother, we won.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:30:14 PM
At 6/18/2014 11:26:33 PM, Smithereens wrote:

No need to thank me, I was prepared to use your life as cannon fodder. But yeah, good job dear cult brother, we won.

So all of the conditions about the helsinki investigations were kind of made up?

Don't worry about that, I basically made myself cannon fodder getting Khaos lynched. I just wanted to see if he could get killed 4 times in as many days, mission accomplished! >:D
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:32:54 PM
At 6/18/2014 11:30:14 PM, numberwang wrote:
At 6/18/2014 11:26:33 PM, Smithereens wrote:

So all of the conditions about the helsinki investigations were kind of made up?

Don't worry about that, I basically made myself cannon fodder getting Khaos lynched. I just wanted to see if he could get killed 4 times in as many days, mission accomplished! >:D

I was tottes full of absolute BS this entire game. Check out my actual role lol.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 11:48:37 PM
Hey, great job XLAV, way to save the day with your role!!!

I vote XLAV for least valuable player.
Way to let a townie die, scum live, just so you can play pretend hero.
Way to act scummy, and then scumread people who scum read you!!!
Such teamwork.
My work here is, finally, done.