Beginners' Mafia 26.3: DP2

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 2:02:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
DIED LAST DP

SJ - You are ABU DHABI. Capital of the United Arab Emirates, you track fashion trends worldwide, and spent extravagant sums to bring those ideas and designs to life in your city, in what has become a marvel of modern style and elegance. Thus, you are the TRACKER. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who they visit. You win with the town.

[Hidden Mod Note: Disabled. You cannot use your role until Enabled.]

Raymond - You are THE HAGUE. Headquarters of the ICC, you are the setting for the prosecution of some of the worlds most repulsive human beings. Because these criminals are often hard to apprehend, and sometimes surprisingly hard to convict, prosecutors have to be wily, cunning, and surefooted in their endeavors, in order to secure convictions. Therefore you are the 1-shot NINJA. If you carry out the NK, you cannot be tracked or overlooked whilst doing the evil deed. You win with the mafia.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

XLAV - You are MOSCOW. Capital of Russia, you are the seat of one of the permanent members of the Security Council. Because Putin often uses his veto power to stymie the West, particularly when it comes to military interventions, you are the 1-shot GOVERNOR. Once per game you can choose to stop a lynch and end the DP early. You may choose to end a lynch at L-1, or within 15 minutes of a lynch going through. You may also submit one name in advance of someone who, if about to be lynched, you would want Governored. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

Number
Oro
Angel
Chosen
Blade
Wylted
Bossy

With 7 players left alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at noon, DDO time, on 6/26/14.
Note that the DP has been shortened due to the fact that I will be unavailable on Friday to monitor the game.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 2:15:22 PM
Poor XLAV...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 2:34:09 PM
At 6/25/2014 2:15:22 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Poor XLAV...

Esocial, STOP POSTING. You are not playing in this game; you asked to be withdrawn. If you wanted to post, you should've continued to play.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 2:41:24 PM
"People, People, we've got to get over, before we go under. Lord, yeah!"

I directed my night actions toward Wylted, speculating that MLK might be priest and so confirm me. However, my actions were redirected. I was given the choice by Mod to act on Chosen or to not act at all. After googling the phrase "sig change" I chose to not act at all.

I think we have a plan, right?

VTL Blade
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 2:41:46 PM
MLK was soft claim for dreamer. His most famous speech was " I have a dream". I mention this now, because it will definitely lead us to scum. I dreamed of XLAV, Angel and Blade.

With XLAV being dead. Either Blade or angel are scum, if not both. Does anyone have information, that can give us a more sure pick between angel and Blade?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 2:43:14 PM
At 6/25/2014 2:41:24 PM, Oromagi wrote:

I directed my night actions toward Wylted, speculating that MLK might be priest and so confirm me. However, my actions were redirected. I was given the choice by Mod to act on Chosen or to not act at all. After googling the phrase "sig change" I chose to not act at all.

VTL Blade

Thank god they were redirected.

VTL Blade
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 2:47:24 PM
VOTE COUNT

Blade (2/4) - Oro, Wylted
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 2:48:57 PM
At 6/25/2014 2:41:46 PM, Wylted wrote:
MLK was soft claim for dreamer. His most famous speech was " I have a dream". I mention this now, because it will definitely lead us to scum. I dreamed of XLAV, Angel and Blade.

With XLAV being dead. Either Blade or angel are scum, if not both. Does anyone have information, that can give us a more sure pick between angel and Blade?

I've got to say, Wylted, that response gives me the chills. Every dreamer i've seen has been useless or scum- mostly scum. For you to claim dreamer with results that so perfectly coincide with our conclusions freaks me out.

Still, I'm am going to stay the course...If blade or angel proves other than expected, then naturally the Eye of Sauron will turn your way.
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 3:07:56 PM
Most likely scenario: theme is caps vs. UN. We assume that we have 1scum,1TP,5town or 2scum,5town.

Number- 90% town. BEIJING

Oro- 100% town. BERLIN

Angel- 0% town BRUSSELS (survivor?)

Chosen- 90% town. WASHINGTON DC

Blade- 0% town NEW YORK CITY (scum JOAT?)

Wylted- 60% town. DAMASCUS (dreamer)
dream results a little too perfect/how does damascus=dreamer I wonder?

Bossy- 50% town. CANBERRA
non-participant

RIP

SpeJoy- town. ABU DHABI (TRACKER)
XLAV
Raymond

With 7 players left alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Blade (2/4) Oro, Wylted
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 3:36:23 PM
Oro, you were not redirected in the traditional sense. You were Captained.

I am the Captain--or rather, I believe I WAS the captain, and am now vanilla. TBH, it's not a particularly useful role. I assume that has something to do with the generally useless nature of the UN in terms of its own power. It had 2x-shot, and I attempted to use both last night. bsh did not confirm whether I did do so nor not. I know your role, if I did only use 1x, otherwise obvs it's between two roles.

I did not help town last DP, and I stand out as a different city. There isn't much reason NOT to lynch me.

The DP ends in less than 24 hours--so everyone should come to a consensus as quickly as possible. This is not a "figuring things out" DP as much as it's a "execute a plan" DP.

Obviously, I'm more in favor of an Angel lynch. Raymond's slip makes it pretty obvious to me who the target is. Particularly since I had told you all why I wasn't active already--he wouldn't suggest I come up with something to me, as that would have been a suggestion that I contradict myself.

But I recognize that even my death will have it's utility--we already got one scum, so it's either 5:1:1 or 5:2. There's breathing room.

I will note that, even if Oro's thought is correct and angel is Survivor, she's a better lynch target than me, as Survivor is NOT always a co-win scenario...Survivor can be single win, and TP is not town.

So I'd prefer VTL angel--and I can be lynched tomorrow if you all feel it's necessary, since in the next DP it'll pretty much certainly be 4:1 and a mislynch, while never a good thing, will not be catastrophic.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 4:13:24 PM
VOTE COUNT

Blade (2/4) - Oro, Wylted
Angel (1/4) - Blade
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 4:23:06 PM
Town is in a comfortable position, knowing that one of three people are scum for sure.
Just remember that role confirmation =/= affiliation confirmation.

Analyze all things.
My work here is, finally, done.
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 4:33:43 PM
At 6/25/2014 4:23:06 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Town is in a comfortable position, knowing that one of three people are scum for sure.

Analyze all things.

Khaos-

Can you confirm the veracity of blade's statement re: survivor co-win and speak to relative liklihood of such a scenario? I am not of course looking for any speculation regarding this game, rather I'm looking for something along the lines of "has bsh ever used this kind of wincon and if so, how often?"

I will note that, even if Oro's thought is correct and angel is Survivor, she's a better lynch target than me, as Survivor is NOT always a co-win scenario...Survivor can be single win, and TP is not town.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 4:35:31 PM
At 6/25/2014 2:41:24 PM, Oromagi wrote:

VTL Blade

Hell yeah!

VTL Blade

I have to say real quick- props to xlav and wolff. Do you guys see how well things go when you act like townies? :D
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 4:38:44 PM
At 6/25/2014 3:36:23 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

So I'd prefer VTL angel--and I can be lynched tomorrow if you all feel it's necessary, since in the next DP it'll pretty much certainly be 4:1 and a mislynch, while never a good thing, will not be catastrophic.

I read this as blade confirming that Angel is TP. Lack of extra corpses suggests survivor role.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 4:45:42 PM

I am the Captain--or rather, I believe I WAS the captain, and am now vanilla. TBH, it's not a particularly useful role. I assume that has something to do with the generally useless nature of the UN in terms of its own power. It had 2x-shot, and I attempted to use both last night. bsh did not confirm whether I did do so nor not. I know your role, if I did only use 1x, otherwise obvs it's between two roles.

Whats a captain?

I did not help town last DP, and I stand out as a different city. There isn't much reason NOT to lynch me.

There is 0 reason not to lynch you, youre playing your scum meta to a t..

The DP ends in less than 24 hours--so everyone should come to a consensus as quickly as possible. This is not a "figuring things out" DP as much as it's a "execute a plan" DP.

Obviously, I'm more in favor of an Angel lynch. Raymond's slip makes it pretty obvious to me who the target is. Particularly since I had told you all why I wasn't active already--he wouldn't suggest I come up with something to me, as that would have been a suggestion that I contradict myself.

So are you basically admitting that ray was talking to you?

But I recognize that even my death will have it's utility--we already got one scum, so it's either 5:1:1 or 5:2. There's breathing room.

Very false. If it IS 5:1:1, and we kill YOU, it is 5:1. The survivor has no night kill so thats better, and I have not seen a single wiki in the world where survivor is solo win when it survives til a game end.

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 4:46:55 PM
At 6/25/2014 4:38:44 PM, Oromagi wrote:

I read this as blade confirming that Angel is TP. Lack of extra corpses suggests survivor role.

If I WERE scum, I couldn't confirm Angel as TP--scum isn't told who TP is in any game I'm familiar with.

Lack of extra corpses could also indicate cult.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 4:47:26 PM
At 6/25/2014 4:38:44 PM, Oromagi wrote:

Blade has no idea if shes TP or not. Hes trying to distract us from the easy lynch. Lets make the easy, really obviously correct lynch. He cant confirm anyone as anything, except confirming the rest of the game as not mafia.
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 4:50:48 PM
At 6/25/2014 4:45:42 PM, numberwang wrote:
I have not seen a single wiki in the world where survivor is solo win when it survives til a game end.

Assuming that there are no conflicting town opinions to this statement, let's hammer blade.
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 4:51:55 PM

I believe that I was captained as my results match the Captain description.

I assume this means that scum now knows my role while town does not. Therefore, I will reveal that I am doctor. No x's or flavors to my knowledge.

I'll repeat that I doctored wylted hoping for a confirmation by a priest. Mod advised that I could only choose to doc Chosen or not doc chosen. I chose not doc Chosen because I am speculating that he may be PGO.

Absent a revelation of town cop, this means I will probably die tonight if blade is allowed to live.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 4:53:03 PM

Whats a captain?

It's a role that allows you to control the roles of other players. I don't get told WHO they are, but I know I was able to control 1x Cop and 1x Doctor.

It's both a town and scum role.

He says, from literally 1 game in which I was scum.

In the last game, incidentally, I REALLY WAS crafting an RFD--You can read it if you'd like. In this game, I REALLY WAS dealing with other issues. Srsly.

I will confess this, though: I'm not particularly good at fake claims; I'm kind of a wuss and fear counterclaiming. But this whole activity levels thing, based off of 1 previous scum game, seems absurd.

I also stopped being particularly active in Ail to the Chief, you'll remember--in that game it was entirely based on my not enjoying it, I didn't even have an excuse. And I was town.

But whatevs. You are correct in that there is no reason not to lynch me.

I'm quite literally saying the exact opposite of that. You might want to reread this paragraph.

Very false. If it IS 5:1:1, and we kill YOU, it is 5:1. The survivor has no night kill so thats better, and I have not seen a single wiki in the world where survivor is solo win when it survives til a game end.

5:1 with survivor as the 1 ends the game.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 5:03:11 PM
At 6/25/2014 4:33:43 PM, Oromagi wrote:
At 6/25/2014 4:23:06 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Analyze all things.

Khaos-

Can you confirm the veracity of blade's statement re: survivor co-win and speak to relative liklihood of such a scenario? I am not of course looking for any speculation regarding this game, rather I'm looking for something along the lines of "has bsh ever used this kind of wincon and if so, how often?"

bsh1 has, IIRC, always had a joint win survivor. This by no means means that he couldn't change his mind about it.
Further, there are numerous types of third parties, and bsh1 has had some X.3 games with TPs and others without. In one, I was an alien, who won if all living players were probed.

If you look at Drafterman's roles, you'll see numerous third parties.

It is advised you hunt for scum, and scum is anyone who does not win with the town.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 5:05:01 PM
At 6/25/2014 4:53:03 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Whats a captain?

It's a role that allows you to control the roles of other players. I don't get told WHO they are, but I know I was able to control 1x Cop and 1x Doctor.

He says, from literally 1 game in which I was scum.

True. Prove me wrong, link me to some other game where you were scum.

In the last game, incidentally, I REALLY WAS crafting an RFD--You can read it if you'd like. In this game, I REALLY WAS dealing with other issues. Srsly.

You may very well have been, but my point is that you activity was noticably lower. What you chose to do in the mean time doesnt matter to me, youd have been more active if you had been town imo.

I will confess this, though: I'm not particularly good at fake claims; I'm kind of a wuss and fear counterclaiming. But this whole activity levels thing, based off of 1 previous scum game, seems absurd.

I also stopped being particularly active in Ail to the Chief, you'll remember--in that game it was entirely based on my not enjoying it, I didn't even have an excuse. And I was town.

Well thats kind of what Im saying, youre active in mafia games you play. Ail was different because basically everyone stopped posting because it got lame, but before it was lame you were active.

But whatevs. You are correct in that there is no reason not to lynch me.

I'm quite literally saying the exact opposite of that. You might want to reread this paragraph.

Yes youre right, my reading comprehension skills are pretty good.

I know that, but the town still wins that scenario. Its joint, but its a win.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 5:05:29 PM

http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 5:09:59 PM
At 6/25/2014 4:53:03 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

What isn't?
There is only 1 role that is automatically town, and about three roles that should be, unless there are roles that would make it not so.

Depends on the TP and how the game is played.
A true survivor is to last until they are the last one standing (i.e. cannot be killed). So, mafia needs to die, and they need to avoid a lynch.
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 5:13:47 PM
At 6/25/2014 5:05:29 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I will go along with the majority opinion. I am perfectly willing to

1) assume we have scum cornered
2) kill Angel first in case she is survivor who can win by survival
3) die tonight
4) kill Blade tomorrow

if that's what people prefer. I am also perfectly happy to take the risk and slay Blade ASAP
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 5:39:21 PM
VTL Blade

In the NP, I discovered that his role only has two shots. Assuming that he's scum, which he most likely is, that means XLAV was killed by a SK. Given the nature of angels character claim being an anomaly, we must decide whether to lynch angel or blade tonight. Blade can only redirect us one more time, but angel can kill one of us tonight. Either way though, we pretty much won this.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 5:43:51 PM
Blade is lying. He never mentioned that his role only has two shots, so captain isn't his power. Or at least he never said captain is 1 shot. Which is why he is most likely scum redirector.

Please answer this question, and the higly suspicious character claim you have given us? You and Raymond both had world, but not national capitals. Raymond was scum. You are also scum.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 5:44:40 PM
At 6/25/2014 5:13:47 PM, Oromagi wrote:
At 6/25/2014 5:05:29 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I will go along with the majority opinion. I am perfectly willing to

1) assume we have scum cornered
2) kill Angel first in case she is survivor who can win by survival
3) die tonight
4) kill Blade tomorrow

if that's what people prefer. I am also perfectly happy to take the risk and slay Blade ASAP

I don't think Angel is a survivor. Who killed Xlav?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8