Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

3 Player Mafia

Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:24:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Before I get crucified for skipping the mod waiting list, I'm looking for 3 mafia players who are interested in doing a single DP of mafia via pm.

The idea is simply to have some fun, in an environment where hiding, lurking and inactivity is substantially more detrimental to the win compared with normal mafia.

Because 1 goon vs 2 vanillas is basically a win for mafia two-thirds of the time, the game will be themed such that player bahviours will be consistent with play in normal mafia games with roles other than 1 goon and 2 vanillas.

If it works, yippee. If not, bleh.

My motives for doing is that I am doing a unit in my coursework on behavioural psychology, and am investigating how to lie to, and manipulate other people successfully. Sounds... bad, ikr, but hey. Science!

So if you want to refine your play because you are actually forced to, and/or if you are bored because the next mafia game is taking its time, sign up today!

Signups:
1.
2.
3.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:56:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/13/2014 12:24:41 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Before I get crucified for skipping the mod waiting list, I'm looking for 3 mafia players who are interested in doing a single DP of mafia via pm.

The idea is simply to have some fun, in an environment where hiding, lurking and inactivity is substantially more detrimental to the win compared with normal mafia.

Because 1 goon vs 2 vanillas is basically a win for mafia two-thirds of the time, the game will be themed such that player bahviours will be consistent with play in normal mafia games with roles other than 1 goon and 2 vanillas.

If it works, yippee. If not, bleh.

My motives for doing is that I am doing a unit in my coursework on behavioural psychology, and am investigating how to lie to, and manipulate other people successfully. Sounds... bad, ikr, but hey. Science!

So if you want to refine your play because you are actually forced to, and/or if you are bored because the next mafia game is taking its time, sign up today!

Signups:
13. Daytona
2.
3.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:19:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/13/2014 1:14:25 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Ok, since Daytonna is in America, I require that the other two players are in a similar time-zone.
Why would that matter? They'll be on at the exact opposite time you'll be.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:20:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/13/2014 1:19:38 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:14:25 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Ok, since Daytonna is in America, I require that the other two players are in a similar time-zone.
Why would that matter? They'll be on at the exact opposite time you'll be.

I don't need to be present live to mod the game. I only need the players to be able to converse. There won't be vote counts etc.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:22:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/13/2014 1:20:58 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:19:38 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:14:25 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Ok, since Daytonna is in America, I require that the other two players are in a similar time-zone.
Why would that matter? They'll be on at the exact opposite time you'll be.

I don't need to be present live to mod the game. I only need the players to be able to converse. There won't be vote counts etc.
Well, that has me intrigued. Are you sure this has to be played in PM? I would like to observe the game. It sounds like this isn't actually mafia.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:23:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/13/2014 1:22:00 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:20:58 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:19:38 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:14:25 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Ok, since Daytonna is in America, I require that the other two players are in a similar time-zone.
Why would that matter? They'll be on at the exact opposite time you'll be.

I don't need to be present live to mod the game. I only need the players to be able to converse. There won't be vote counts etc.
Well, that has me intrigued. Are you sure this has to be played in PM? I would like to observe the game. It sounds like this isn't actually mafia.

You don't want in?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:24:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/13/2014 1:23:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:22:00 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:20:58 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:19:38 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:14:25 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Ok, since Daytonna is in America, I require that the other two players are in a similar time-zone.
Why would that matter? They'll be on at the exact opposite time you'll be.

I don't need to be present live to mod the game. I only need the players to be able to converse. There won't be vote counts etc.
Well, that has me intrigued. Are you sure this has to be played in PM? I would like to observe the game. It sounds like this isn't actually mafia.

You don't want in?
If the offer is available, then sure
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 7:01:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/13/2014 6:51:23 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Good morning America.

I'll sign up, sure.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush