Jump to topic:

3 Player Mafia

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:24:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Before I get crucified for skipping the mod waiting list, I'm looking for 3 mafia players who are interested in doing a single DP of mafia via pm.

The idea is simply to have some fun, in an environment where hiding, lurking and inactivity is substantially more detrimental to the win compared with normal mafia.

Because 1 goon vs 2 vanillas is basically a win for mafia two-thirds of the time, the game will be themed such that player bahviours will be consistent with play in normal mafia games with roles other than 1 goon and 2 vanillas.

If it works, yippee. If not, bleh.

My motives for doing is that I am doing a unit in my coursework on behavioural psychology, and am investigating how to lie to, and manipulate other people successfully. Sounds... bad, ikr, but hey. Science!

So if you want to refine your play because you are actually forced to, and/or if you are bored because the next mafia game is taking its time, sign up today!

Signups:
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:56:25 AM
At 7/13/2014 12:24:41 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Before I get crucified for skipping the mod waiting list, I'm looking for 3 mafia players who are interested in doing a single DP of mafia via pm.

The idea is simply to have some fun, in an environment where hiding, lurking and inactivity is substantially more detrimental to the win compared with normal mafia.

Because 1 goon vs 2 vanillas is basically a win for mafia two-thirds of the time, the game will be themed such that player bahviours will be consistent with play in normal mafia games with roles other than 1 goon and 2 vanillas.

If it works, yippee. If not, bleh.

My motives for doing is that I am doing a unit in my coursework on behavioural psychology, and am investigating how to lie to, and manipulate other people successfully. Sounds... bad, ikr, but hey. Science!

So if you want to refine your play because you are actually forced to, and/or if you are bored because the next mafia game is taking its time, sign up today!

Signups:
13. Daytona
#FeeltheFreezerBern
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:19:38 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:14:25 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Ok, since Daytonna is in America, I require that the other two players are in a similar time-zone.
Why would that matter? They'll be on at the exact opposite time you'll be.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:20:58 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:19:38 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Ok, since Daytonna is in America, I require that the other two players are in a similar time-zone.

I don't need to be present live to mod the game. I only need the players to be able to converse. There won't be vote counts etc.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:22:00 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:20:58 AM, Smithereens wrote:

I don't need to be present live to mod the game. I only need the players to be able to converse. There won't be vote counts etc.
Well, that has me intrigued. Are you sure this has to be played in PM? I would like to observe the game. It sounds like this isn't actually mafia.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:23:11 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:22:00 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Well, that has me intrigued. Are you sure this has to be played in PM? I would like to observe the game. It sounds like this isn't actually mafia.

You don't want in?
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:24:53 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:23:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:22:00 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

You don't want in?
If the offer is available, then sure
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 7:01:09 AM
At 7/13/2014 6:51:23 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Good morning America.