Total Posts:896|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Harry Potter + the Deathly Hallows Mafia: DP1

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 1:56:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Welcome witches and wizards, and magical folk of all kind! I hope this will be a fun game for everyone. First, some administrative stuff...Read all the information below carefully:

RULES

- No C/Ping from game-related PMs; you must paraphrase
- No discussing this game in other fora, non-mod created PMs, or hangouts
- No personal attacks; keep things reasonably civil
- 48 hour DPs
- 24 hour NP
- Extensions may be granted upon request. An extension will not exceed 12 hours.
- No posting in the group PM
- Plurality lynching will not be in effect
- Votes must be in bold. You must unvote to change votes
- No trolling
- Be active
- Do not use PM structure or PM contents to confirm affiliation

Minor infractions will lead to warnings. After two warnings, a third infraction will lead to someone being mod-killed. For major infractions, I will just mod-kill you. The interpretation of these rules is at my sole discretion.

WIN CON INFO

TOWN wins when it has eliminated all mafia AND killed Voldemort. Voldemort cannot die until all horcruxes are destroyed. MAFIA wins when it is in the majority AND when Harry dies. Harry cannot die unless killed by the Elder Wand after the death of Malfoy and the onset of the Battle for Hogwarts, which will be triggered by a hidden game mechanic.

HELD ITEMS

In this game, people may receive "parcels" via an owl. People may choose to open the parcel in addition to their night action. Alternatively, you may just keep the parcel itself. Opening the parcel enables you to use whatever it contains; however, any side-effects of the contents will also be unleashed. A list of all possible contents is listed below:

Horcruxes

- Hufflepuff's Cup - if kept more than 2 NPs, it may roleblock the holder (this is randomly determined each subsequent NP)
- Ravenclaw's Diadem - if kept more than 2 NPs, it may roleblock the holder (this is randomly determined each subsequent NP)
The Locket - if kept more than 2 NPs, it may roleblock the holder (this is randomly determined each subsequent NP)
- Nagini - will kill a town-affiliated holder if more than 3 NPs pass.

Tools to Destroy Horcruxes


- Basilisk Fang - There are two in the game. Each can be used twice.
- Sword of Gryffendor - Cannot be kept more than 1NP. After that, it will be redistributed to a random townie.
- Fiendfyre - Will destroy a horcrux, but will also kill it's user if used.

Deathly Hallows

- Resurrection Stone - Gives its first owner a 1-shot REVIVER ability they may use at any point
- Cloak of Invisibility - Gives its first owner a 1-shot DEATHPROOF (lynchproof and bulletproof for 1DP and 1NP) ability they may use at any point
- Elder Wand - Can kill Harry Potter given the right conditions. May be used by any person.

Clues may also be items, and they may only be read by Harry, whoever Harry is.

Note: To destroy a Horcrux, one must possess the Horcrux and a means of destroying it.

Items will be given out at the start of this DP, NP1, NP2, and NP3 in a phased in fashion. Thus, not all items are in the game to start with. That concludes my administrative stuff...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 1:58:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
LIVING PLAYERS

1. 7th
2. Lannan
3. XLAV
4. Solon
5. Wylted
6. Ford
7. Esocial
8. YYW
9. Beginner
10. Smith
11. 9space
12. Chosen
13. Endark
14. TUF
15. Khaos
16. Oro

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 11:59pm, DDO time, 7/20/14.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:05:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just read the OP. It seems that certain players have items called "Horcruxes"? I really can't say, nor do I know much of the theme in the first place. I do know a lot about books 1-4 of the harry potter series, but not nearly enough to declare me a expert. I'm going to soft claim early, as I have a very edgy role, and it's better to be immediately transparent regarding it. My character doesn't appear in book 7, the deathly hollows, so I'm actually very confused. Maybe Bsh1 expanded the character list to match the amount of players. Whatever the case, my character is book specific. He enters into the series in book 1, the philosophers stone, and may or may not reappear. I'm not willing to say at this point.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com...'s_Stone_(character_index)

My only interactions in this DP will be theme analysis and reads on people. I wont respond to anyone unless they ask me a question or I ask them a question. Lets maintain a light atmosphere. This phase should be predominantly for evaluation and investigation, henceforth, lets begin investigating the theme.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:09:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It has came to my attention that my character is actually in DTHL book 7. I wasn't aware of this, but the mod says the character most definitely is, so I'll take is word.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:11:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:00:35 AM, YYW wrote:
This is going to be intense, and fun.
Would you mind giving a incredibly soft character claim pls?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:12:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:11:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:00:35 AM, YYW wrote:
This is going to be intense, and fun.
Would you mind giving a incredibly soft character claim pls?

I'm going to bed.
Tsar of DDO
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:14:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:12:29 AM, YYW wrote:
I'm going to bed.
Good night. Can you possibly give a hint before you descend into sleep?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:18:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Reading up on these Horcruxes. To my knowledge, the horcrux wasn't something that was prominent in DH book 8, but I may be wrong. As I said, I'm no expert. It seems this might have little connection with the actual story, but it definitely has some relevance, whatever that may be. I just remember something about witches being released by being bound to humans through the horcruxes. Probably just a gameplay element, which is why people should just out it if they have a horcrux. They are curses, so we can coordinate the best target for them.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com...
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:34:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Slight FOS on YYW. The moment I asked for a soft character claim, she fled. Not saying this is a definite scummy thing, there was no reason on why she said "I'm going to bed", instead of giving that soft claim. The character portion was quite lengthy, and even mafia can get away with a small character claim without consulting scum. I just don't get why I was never answered. It's not like I was asking for much. And before I get a large psycho analysis, nothing I'm saying is unreasonable. So I'm putting YYW into the scum pile for the time being.

A good way to find town, is to match them up with a character on this index.
http://harrypotter.wikia.com...(character_index)
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:36:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:34:40 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Slight FOS on YYW. The moment I asked for a soft character claim, she fled. Not saying this is a definite scummy thing, there was no reason on why she said "I'm going to bed", instead of giving that soft claim. The character portion was quite lengthy, and even mafia can get away with a small character claim without consulting scum. I just don't get why I was never answered. It's not like I was asking for much. And before I get a large psycho analysis, nothing I'm saying is unreasonable. So I'm putting YYW into the scum pile for the time being.

A good way to find town, is to match them up with a character on this index.
http://harrypotter.wikia.com...(character_index)

lol... this is going to be such fun with you. If you read into inactivity that much, and jump to that bold a conclusion with absolutely nothing... omg. This is gonna be great.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:38:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
And Chosen, stop spamming the forums. Learn stuff on your own, and assume that everyone else is capable of finding out stuff on their own. You're also going to be useless to analyze the theme until you read HP&DH. So, get on that. Go to a library or something.
Tsar of DDO
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:39:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:36:37 AM, YYW wrote:
lol... this is going to be such fun with you. If you read into inactivity that much, and jump to that bold a conclusion with absolutely nothing... omg. This is gonna be great.
Please don't start this game. I'm not in the mood. Can you give me a soft character claim please? I would like to start matching up themes. I'm not making any accusations or voting for anyone. I am only here to match themes and read people. Making my intentions clear now, should help this game go smoother. Just stay on tasks, don't pick fights with anyone, and let the evidence speak for itself. No need to fight the evidence. You have my assurance I wont lead a lynch or accuse you of anything without an extreme amount of evidence.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:40:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:39:09 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:36:37 AM, YYW wrote:
lol... this is going to be such fun with you. If you read into inactivity that much, and jump to that bold a conclusion with absolutely nothing... omg. This is gonna be great.
Please don't start this game. I'm not in the mood.

Orly? What are you going to do? lol... this is hilarious.

Can you give me a soft character claim please?

No.

I would like to start matching up themes. I'm not making any accusations or voting for anyone. I am only here to match themes and read people.

roflmao
Tsar of DDO
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:40:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:38:42 AM, YYW wrote:
And Chosen, stop spamming the forums. Learn stuff on your own, and assume that everyone else is capable of finding out stuff on their own. You're also going to be useless to analyze the theme until you read HP&DH. So, get on that. Go to a library or something.
This isn't spam. Its game analyzation. It is a superior form of catching scum. This is what mafia is about. Asking questions, studying behavior, and displaying your reason. Team work must be shed with caution. For any townies, I am simply aiding them and showing them how I reason.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:41:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:40:25 AM, YYW wrote:
Can you give me a soft character claim please?
No.
Why not?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:42:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:34:40 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Slight FOS on YYW. The moment I asked for a soft character claim, she fled. Not saying this is a definite scummy thing, there was no reason on why she said "I'm going to bed", instead of giving that soft claim.

YYW is a guy.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:42:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:40:46 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:38:42 AM, YYW wrote:
And Chosen, stop spamming the forums. Learn stuff on your own, and assume that everyone else is capable of finding out stuff on their own. You're also going to be useless to analyze the theme until you read HP&DH. So, get on that. Go to a library or something.
This isn't spam.

Yes it is.

Its game analyzation.

No, it's spam because it's useless. If you want to offer something meaningful, read the book.

It is a superior form of catching scum.

Nope.

This is what mafia is about.

lol

Asking questions, studying behavior, and displaying your reason. Team work must be shed with caution. For any townies, I am simply aiding them and showing them how I reason.

This is great. This is really great. rofl
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:43:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:42:00 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:34:40 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Slight FOS on YYW. The moment I asked for a soft character claim, she fled. Not saying this is a definite scummy thing, there was no reason on why she said "I'm going to bed", instead of giving that soft claim.

YYW is a guy.

Yes, but Chosen is a complete homophobe and bigot which is why he refers to gay guys as "she."
Tsar of DDO
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:43:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:42:09 AM, YYW wrote:
Asking questions, studying behavior, and displaying your reason. Team work must be shed with caution. For any townies, I am simply aiding them and showing them how I reason.

This is great. This is really great. rofl
Are you saying we should have a strategy of baseless accusations and protectionism? If you have a better approach besides reasoning with other townies, then please tell me and we can work towards implementing it.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:44:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:43:04 AM, YYW wrote:
Yes, but Chosen is a complete homophobe and bigot which is why he refers to gay guys as "she."
Anyone who knows me knows that's not true. Please stop trying to instigate a flame war with me, and explain why you wont character claim.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:44:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:41:28 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:40:25 AM, YYW wrote:
Can you give me a soft character claim please?
No.
Why not?

Because I see no reason to give you something to screw up. I'll wait until there are other people, and then I'll probably just ignore you for the rest of the game. You're irritating.
Tsar of DDO
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:46:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:44:51 AM, YYW wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:41:28 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:40:25 AM, YYW wrote:
Can you give me a soft character claim please?
No.
Why not?

Because I see no reason to give you something to screw up.
This isn't sufficient reasoning. Please give a good reason on why you refuse to soft character claim.
I'll wait until there are other people,
How can I screw up your character claim. Waiting for other people implies waiting for scum buddies.
and then I'll probably just ignore you for the rest of the game. You're irritating.
Then you're playing anti town. Town should have a policy against playing anti town.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:46:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:44:37 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:43:04 AM, YYW wrote:
Yes, but Chosen is a complete homophobe and bigot which is why he refers to gay guys as "she."
Anyone who knows me knows that's not true. Please stop trying to instigate a flame war with me, and explain why you wont character claim.

Nope, I know it's true because of the way you've interacted with every single gay guy on this forum. You always do the "she" thing, and it's rude, offensive and one of so many reasons that I don't like you.
Tsar of DDO
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:47:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:46:25 AM, YYW wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:44:37 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:43:04 AM, YYW wrote:
Yes, but Chosen is a complete homophobe and bigot which is why he refers to gay guys as "she."
Anyone who knows me knows that's not true. Please stop trying to instigate a flame war with me, and explain why you wont character claim.

Nope, I know it's true because of the way you've interacted with every single gay guy on this forum.
Please stop. Maybe I'm not politically correct, but I am certainly not bigoted. Using that word is charged rhetoric.
You always do the "she" thing, and it's rude, offensive and one of so many reasons that I don't like you.
This is irrelevant to the game. Please stay on topic. Why wont you soft character claim?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:48:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Do I need to separate you two already?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:50:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:47:44 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:46:25 AM, YYW wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:44:37 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:43:04 AM, YYW wrote:
Yes, but Chosen is a complete homophobe and bigot which is why he refers to gay guys as "she."
Anyone who knows me knows that's not true. Please stop trying to instigate a flame war with me, and explain why you wont character claim.

Nope, I know it's true because of the way you've interacted with every single gay guy on this forum.
Please stop. Maybe I'm not politically correct, but I am certainly not bigoted. Using that word is charged rhetoric.
You always do the "she" thing, and it's rude, offensive and one of so many reasons that I don't like you.
This is irrelevant to the game. Please stay on topic. Why wont you soft character claim?

I'm done with you, kid.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:50:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:48:44 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Do I need to separate you two already?

You should have already mod-killed him.
Tsar of DDO
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:51:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:50:16 AM, YYW wrote:
I'm done with you, kid.
Not reasoning and being a team player is easily interpreted as a scum action. I haven't been hostile or asked anything to unreasonable. Can we work together here and reason this theme out?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:53:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:51:23 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/19/2014 2:50:16 AM, YYW wrote:
I'm done with you, kid.
Not reasoning and being a team player is easily interpreted as a scum action. I haven't been hostile or asked anything to unreasonable. Can we work together here and reason this theme out?

You have been nothing but hostile, and you've made a series of comprehensively useless posts that are as antagonistic as they are spammy.
Tsar of DDO